• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's finally fix Star Butterfly.

Has Star burning the Kingdom with a giant rainbow in the first episode been discussed? Since Skywynne was destroying hills and mountains in her bad days, doesn't Star/wand AP scale to that? Just simple questions :)
The mods would probably say the wand has to charge up first for mountain stuff.

The mods would probably say the wand has to charge up first for mountain stuff.
Hmm sure, it would probably take the wand user a little bit to focus on a mountain before blasting it, but no where near the amount of charge/time needed for the planet lasso as an example. Skywynne did mountain busting prior to dipping down, so it probably didn't take much charging at all. Should be pretty instant/quicker while dipping down.

I'll probably be cool with however the mods wants to go about it. :)

Well, I guess we'll waiting for calcs for the gravity deleting/Earth stop spinning right? I'll come back, not sure if Star's speed has been decided or where you guys ultimately decided on certain things like Omnitraxus.....based on re-reading the thread, (sorry a lot of my speed stuff I posted earlier was already posted my bad! :cry:)

Please continue on track! Thank you to the mods/calc people for 'fixing' Star and her verse!

FYI: I forgot to include a scan regarding dipping down. I have added it. It honestly could be a major change, depends on how you interpret it.

Last edited:
"High 8-C physically, Her Spells and Magical Attacks Varies from High 8-C, Low 7-C with the Whispering Spell, at least Low 2-C with the Royal Magic Wand at full power"

Should be changed to "High 8-C physically, her magic Varies from High 8-C normally, Low 7-C with the Whispering Spell, and [The feat that spins the world] to Low 2-C (if that's still correct) with enough prior charge"

The latter 2 tiers would explain what the built up was for each, as the latter was bigger and apparently had emosional built up needed too.

In the explanation for the Varies we can write how Dipping Down amps power for everything magic even more, if her P&A saying the same it doesn't already make it redundant.
Okay. That is probably fine to apply.

What do other knowledgeable members here think?

Blowing up a whole castle is yielding 23.95857164 tons of TNT. Crumbling a building by smacking parts and let them fall in unknown amount of punches or clamps is not expected to be yielding any higher.
Okay. That is probably fine to apply.

What do other knowledgeable members here think?
Jason's calc would make the physicals for characters to be 8-B instead of 8-C.

So I would suggest something like this: "8-B physically, her magic Varies from High 8-C normally, Low 7-C with the Whispering Spell, and [The feat that spins the world] to Low 2-C with enough prior charge" due to Jasonith's Calc.

Jason's calc would make the physicals for characters to be 8-B instead of 8-C.

So I would suggest something like this: "8-B physically, her magic Varies from High 8-C normally, Low 7-C with the Whispering Spell, and [The feat that spins the world] to Low 2-C with enough prior charge" due to Jasonith's Calc.
Actually no Low 7-C with whispering spell unless you accept vaporisation end but that makes it 7-C with whispering spell so there you go.

Actually no Low 7-C with whispering spell unless you accept vaporisation end but that makes it 7-C with whispering spell so there you go.
So this?
"8-B physically, her magic Varies from High 8-C normally, 7-C with the Whispering Spell, and [The feat that spins the world] to Low 2-C with enough prior charge"

This is how I would rank Star

Season 1
At least 9-A (Unscathed by her own Turbo Nuclear Butterfly Blast) physically and with magic. Up to 8-B with Whispering spell (Destroyed Ludo's Castle)
Speed: Superhuman (Dodged her own Rainbow Raccoon Rotation)
Season 2
At least High 8-C plysically and with magic (Should at least be stronger than River). Up to 8-B with Whispering spell (Destroyed Ludo's Castle)
Speed: Hypersonic (Should be faster than Marco who can tag Hekapoo)
Season 3 Star (and likely anyone who has possessed and used the Royal Magic Wand)
At least High 8-C physically. Her magic Varies from High 8-C normally, 8-B with a casual Whispering Spell, and at least 5-C [earth rotation yield] to Low 2-C with enough prior charging].
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Dodged lightning)
Note: Dipping down allows faster charging speed, as well casting spells without a magic wand.

Last edited:

Season 1
At least 9-A (Unscathed by her own Turbo Nuclear Butterfly Blast) physically and with magic. Up to 8-B with Whispering spell (Destroyed Ludo's Castle)
Season 2
At least High 8-C plysically and with magic (Should at least be stronger than River). Up to 8-B with Whispering spell (Destroyed Ludo's Castle)
Season 3 Star (and likely anyone who has possessed and used the Royal Magic Wand)
At least High 8-C physically. Her magic Varies from High 8-C normally, 8-B with a casual Whispering Spell, and at least 5-C [earth rotation yield] to Low 2-C with enough prior charging].
Note: Dipping down allows faster charging speed.
I guess last key would be from season 3 to the end of season 4.

I guess last key would be from season 3 to the end of season 4.
Yep.

And the OP guy realm creation / maintenance feat, using the reverse explosion method approved by DT, yields no more than River.

Season 1
Season 2
Note: Dipping down allows faster charging speed, as well casting spells without a magic wand.
Thank you for helping out.

What do you think @Eficiente ?

Thank you. That can probably be applied then.

Bump. A month without any updates. Hope this is not considered derailment.

Few questions:

1. Mewni has multiple moons. Some are huge in size, others are smaller. Does that not make the rotating spell/lasso feat even more impressive? I can post pictures of the moons if needed.

According to this article, our Moon would get the Earth spinning again if it stopped rotating suddenly. So the spell was strong enough to negate the moons' influence.

2. Moon Butterfly creates a storm when casting the immortal killing spell. We can hear thunder and see wind being created. Does this count for AP in anyway? There's weather manipulation spells in this verse; Star once created a cloud that went rouge.

3. What would it take for the laser spells and laser dodging to be considered light speed in this verse? There are no light speed statements, but we have seen lasers that move in straight lines being deflected by Marco's sword. The wand can be used as a light source, Star has used it to light up a room. It can fire firework spells, actual laser spells, create laser puppies, spider that shoot lasers, create rainbows, project time like a clock, can be used as thermal imaging camera etc. The wand can create weapons made of light as well. The book states Moon's sword is made of light. Yes, I know a magic wand isn't realistic, but inverse it kinda is?
In the first intro of the show, we see Star and Marco evade a laser that is coming from a machine with light as well

Regarding tiers, if it were up to me, this is how I would put it. Keep in mind, it's only my opinion and taking the feats/statements at face value.

Base: Varies Usually High 8-C (Destroyed a watchtower) to 8-B (Easily overpowers monsters like Lobster Claws who destroyed four city blocks. Stronger than regular Mewmans/River Butterfly who can survive atmospheric re-entry, Whispering spell destroying Ludo's Castle, Potentially 7-A (Skywynne destroying mountains and hills), Potentially 5-C (Lasso feat),Potentially 5-B ( with Mega Explosive Crystal Laser stated to neutralize entire planets, stronger than Zedlord who blew up a planet, one-shotted Helios, a living sun, who threaten to consume the Earth, stopping the planet from rotating spell)

Butterfly form: Varies. At least 8-B (Stronger magic in this form). Same as above.

Dip Down: At least 2-C (Skywynne dimension busting, killed Toffee who one shot Omnitraxus+defeated Moon Butterfly+killed Comet Butterfly (possibly Solaria Butterfly as well), broke Glossaryck's arm), merging Earth and Mewni universes, re-creating the Realm of Magic etc), Possibly higher (Eclipsa's Total Annihilation spell-stated to be able to destroy every dimension in the multiverse over time. Can possibly destroy the multiverse with time loop)

This way you get a decent escalation of tiers. I don't think going by seasons keys is a great idea myself.

Bump. A month without any updates. Hope this is not considered derailment.

Few questions:

1. Mewni has multiple moons. Some are huge in size, others are smaller. Does that not make the rotating spell/lasso feat even more impressive? I can post pictures of the moons if needed.

According to this article, our Moon would get the Earth spinning again if it stopped rotating suddenly. So the spell was strong enough to negate the moons' influence.

2. Moon Butterfly creates a storm when casting the immortal killing spell. We can hear thunder and see wind being created. Does this count for AP in anyway? There's weather manipulation spells in this verse; Star once created a cloud that went rouge.

3. What would it take for the laser spells and laser dodging to be considered light speed in this verse? There are no light speed statements, but we have seen lasers that move in straight lines being deflected by Marco's sword. The wand can be used as a light source, Star has used it to light up a room. It can fire firework spells, actual laser spells, create laser puppies, spider that shoot lasers, create rainbows, project time like a clock, can be used as thermal imaging camera etc. The wand can create weapons made of light as well. The book states Moon's sword is made of light. Yes, I know a magic wand isn't realistic, but inverse it kinda is?
In the first intro of the show, we see Star and Marco evade a laser that is coming from a machine with light as well

Regarding tiers, if it were up to me, this is how I would put it. Keep in mind, it's only my opinion and taking the feats/statements at face value.

Base: Varies Usually High 8-C (Destroyed a watchtower) to 8-B (Easily overpowers monsters like Lobster Claws who destroyed four city blocks. Stronger than regular Mewmans/River Butterfly who can survive atmospheric re-entry, Whispering spell destroying Ludo's Castle, Potentially 7-A (Skywynne destroying mountains and hills), Potentially 5-C (Lasso feat),Potentially 5-B ( with Mega Explosive Crystal Laser stated to neutralize entire planets, stronger than Zedlord who blew up a planet, one-shotted Helios, a living sun, who threaten to consume the Earth, stopping the planet from rotating spell)

Butterfly form: Varies. At least 8-B (Stronger magic in this form). Same as above.

Dip Down: At least 2-C (Skywynne dimension busting, killed Toffee who one shot Omnitraxus+defeated Moon Butterfly+killed Comet Butterfly (possibly Solaria Butterfly as well), broke Glossaryck's arm), merging Earth and Mewni universes, re-creating the Realm of Magic etc), Possibly higher (Eclipsa's Total Annihilation spell-stated to be able to destroy every dimension in the multiverse over time. Can possibly destroy the multiverse with time loop)

This way you get a decent escalation of tiers. I don't think going by seasons keys is a great idea myself.

Answer to questions:
1. The planet lassoing feat is a feat about literally rotating the planet. I am afraid adding in too many variables from multiple moons will just complicate the matter, especially when the verse itself may not even be (and is likely not) 100% following real life science.
This will, again, also crack a can of worms of all potential planet rotation feats.
(And as a fundamental question, is gravity even be generated by rotation?)
2. That brief storm effects may not even be a legit storm, more just a special effect. That trajectory and destruction of soil and kicking up some clouds can be calculable. Worth raising a calc request.
3. About what constitutes lasers... Yeah we agree we are a bit harsh here but that just keeps the can of worms of cheesy fictional lasers from crawling around in other verses. And if we only open a green light for SVTFOE for lasers here be (well) lasers, we as a site may be subject to challenges from

Response to suggestions
I would rather place the tierings as follows:
1. Season 1 Star
Attack Potency: At least Small Building level (her casual spells are this powerful), likely Large Building level+ (Comparable to River Butterfly who leveled a good chunk of a forest just by landing); higher with spells; City Block level with Whispering Spell (By that time her Whispering Spell has destroyed a small castle)
Speed: Likely Superhuman (Dodged her own attacks at a distance)
2. Season 2 Star and amped Marco
Attack Potency: Large Building level+ physically (Comparable to River Butterfly); higher with spells; City Block level with Whispering Spell
Speed: Likely Hypersonic (Tags Hekapoo who, with the help of dimension cutting scissors, lapped Marco Diaz)
3. Season 3 Star (and Moon and Eclipsa and anyone who wielded the Royal Magic Wand)
Attack Potency: Large Building level+ physically (Comparable to River Butterfly); higher with casual spells; Moon level with spells requiring longer charging time (One spell, the Anti Gravity Spell, requires charging time and is this powerful); at least Planet level, possibly far higher with Mega Crystal Laser Blast; at least Planet level, likely Universe level+, possibly Low Multiverse level with Ultimate Whispering Spell (Destroyed the Magic Realm, which is possibly a universe supplying magic through portals to other worlds. Merged Earth and Mewni at the end of the spell.)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic combat speed and reactions (Dodged lightning)

Subject to revision

And I must sleep now

Last edited:
Has anybody applied what was accepted here yet, and if not, is somebody who knows how to edit properly willing to do so?

Pretty reasonable response Jasonsith. I appreciate your time.

I just wanted to see if there was anyway to put that feat at 5-A :p. I assumed it will just be too complicated to factor in the multiple moons. Just thought I gave it a try :p

So the end result of that spell can be calc'd? Neat. It's probably not as awesome as I think it is, but hey it's something. The storm honestly reminds me of the RWBY Raven storm feat, except its purple. I don't think it's a just special effect, the other characters notice the clouds forming in the sky.

It really really sucks about the lasers though. I understand other verses being calc'd at lightspeed based on only 1 or couple laser showings being logically wrong, but this verse has a tons of laser stuff. It sucks that it's all being discarded.

the stuff wasn't added but I'll try later (today/tomorrow) to add at least what was agreed on Star aka this:
Answer to questions:
1. The planet lassoing feat is a feat about literally rotating the planet. I am afraid adding in too many variables from multiple moons will just complicate the matter, especially when the verse itself may not even be (and is likely not) 100% following real life science.
This will, again, also crack a can of worms of all potential planet rotation feats.
(And as a fundamental question, is gravity even be generated by rotation?)
2. That brief storm effects may not even be a legit storm, more just a special effect. That trajectory and destruction of soil and kicking up some clouds can be calculable. Worth raising a calc request.
3. About what constitutes lasers... Yeah we agree we are a bit harsh here but that just keeps the can of worms of cheesy fictional lasers from crawling around in other verses. And if we only open a green light for SVTFOE for lasers here be (well) lasers, we as a site may be subject to challenges from

Response to suggestions
I would rather place the tierings as follows:
1. Season 1 Star
Attack Potency: At least Small Building level (her casual spells are this powerful), likely Large Building level+ (Comparable to River Butterfly who leveled a good chunk of a forest just by landing); higher with spells; City Block level with Whispering Spell (By that time her Whispering Spell has destroyed a small castle)
Speed: Likely Superhuman (Dodged her own attacks at a distance)
2. Season 2 Star and amped Marco
Attack Potency: Large Building level+ physically (Comparable to River Butterfly); higher with spells
Speed: Likely Hypersonic (Tags Hekapoo who, with the help of dimension cutting scissors, lapped Marco Diaz)
3. Season 3 Star (and Moon and Eclipsa and anyone who wielded the Royal Magic Wand)
Attack Potency: Large Building level+ physically (Comparable to River Butterfly); higher with casual spells; Moon level with spells requiring longer charging time (One spell, the Anti Gravity Spell, requires charging time and is this powerful); at least Planet level, possibly far higher with Mega Crystal Laser Blast; at least Planet level, likely Universe level+, possibly Low Multiverse level with ultimate Whispering Spell (Destroyed the Magic Realm, which is possibly a universe supplying magic through portals to other worlds. Merged Earth and Mewni at the end of the spell.)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic combat speed and reactions (Dodged lightning)

Subject to revision

And I must sleep now
That would be good first step.

Okay. Thank you.

Do any other characters also need to be updated?

I believe some of the cast should have speed updated from sub-relativistic to what we have above.

Probably some characters should be separated by keys of season during process if they would need to (such as Marco).

Moon should lost her 8-B since it's comes from high 8-C feat.

That's all I can see atm.

Okay. Thank you for the evaluations.

What do the rest of you think?

I believe some of the cast should have speed updated from sub-relativistic to what we have above.

Probably some characters should be separated by keys of season during process if they would need to (such as Marco).

Moon should lost her 8-B since it's comes from high 8-C feat.

That's all I can see atm.
The attack potency part is the easiest to handle.

The speed... we have different speed standings for Star from Season 1 to season 3 onwards. But, for proficient magic users like the royal magic wand wielders and ex-wielders and anyone who fought almost on par, they likely upscale.

Maybe it is a good idea to comb things out at this part before further applying the changes. But Star and Marco are likely safe to apply changes.

Ok atm I putted everything for Star like this:
Tier: At least 9-A, likely High 8-C physically; higher with spells; 8-B with Whispering Spell | High 8-C physically; higher with spells; 8-B with Whispering Spell | High 8-C physically; higher with casual spells; 5-C; at least 5-B, possibly far higher with Mega Crystal Laser Blast; at least 5-B, likely Low 2-C, possibly 2-C with Ultimate Whispering Spell with spells requiring longer charging time

Attack Potency: At least Small Building level (her casual spells are this powerful), likely Large Building level+ (Comparable to River Butterfly who leveled a good chunk of a forest just by landing); higher with spells; City Block level with Whispering Spell (By that time her Whispering Spell has destroyed a small castle) | Large Building level+ physically (Comparable to River Butterfly); higher with spells; City Block level with Whispering Spell | Large Building level+ physically (Comparable to River Butterfly); higher with casual spells; Moon level with spells requiring longer charging time (One spell, the Anti Gravity Spell, requires charging time and is this powerful); at least Planet level, possibly far higher with Mega Crystal Laser Blast; at least Planet level, likely Universe level+, possibly Low Multiverse level with Ultimate Whispering Spell (Destroyed the Magic Realm, which is possibly a universe supplying magic through portals to other worlds. Merged Earth and Mewni at the end of the spell.)

Speed: Likely Superhuman (Dodged her own attacks at a distance) | Likely Hypersonic (Tags Hekapoo who, with the help of dimension cutting scissors, lapped Marco Diaz) | Massively Hypersonic combat speed and reactions (Dodged lightning)

Lifting Strength: Superhuman | Superhuman, Class 5 in Mewbetry form (Effortlessly able to pick up cars) | Superhuman, Class 5 in Mewbetry form

Striking Strength: At least Small Building Class, likely Large Building Class+ | Large Building Class+ | Large Building Class+

Durability: At least Small Building Level, likely Large Building level+ (Effortlessly tanked her own spells on several occasions) | Large Building level+ | Large Building level+

Also instead of making as previously mentioning Mewbetry form abilities by key, I just wrote: "In Mewbetry Form: True Flight, Can create purple webs, Portal Creation (Can create portals with her own powers)"

Key: Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3-4

Before adding changes I want to see suggestions to what put at Star's durability, cause I'm uncertain about it atm.

I still feel like the Whispering Spell is hax, since it exclusively destroys magic. It would be hax that works on a Low 2-C level but hax nonetheless.

I still feel like the Whispering Spell is hax, since it exclusively destroys magic. It would be hax that works on a Low 2-C level but hax nonetheless.
Magic is described as the soup that holds the multiverse, so it’s still destroying a portion of all of reality. Also merging universes would scale to AP anyways right?

"New Mewberty" should be changed to "Ultimate Butterfly form" or just "Butterfly form". That's how it's called in the book. I think "New Mewberty" is a fandom term that's long outdated.

Her durability should remain as Universal+ with magic. Skywynne did survive her own dimension bust. Plus she can withstand attacks from Meteora, Moon, magically enhanced Solarian Warriors who each have Solaria Butterfly's wand as their weapon. Solaria has the highest physical strength stat in the book.

Her lifting strength should be upgraded as well. She lifted and threw a Solarian Warrior.. It's been calc'd at Class 50 on a different VS Site.

Her range should be at the 2-B or 2-A level still. She can dimension travel, delete magic from the multiverse, cause multiple timelines colliding, and with the "All-Seeing Eye Spell" she can spy and track anybody in the multiverse and using dip down, she can even break though, something Glossaryck stated he has never seen.

I honestly think there's still several stuff to go over. I just checked the blog that was posted here and I really disagree with how Omnitraxus is being treated here. Not sure if I can dispute that here or on the blog itself.

I'm also not sure enough people are voting here. Neutral/new readers who might want to vote/give their opinion(s) might be overwhelmed and confused by 4 pages of back and forth talk with no telling which feats/statements have been declined or accepted or are still in dispute. Maybe a new thread is warranted? Not sure.

There's also the fact that there's several powers/abilities missing for Star still. May I create a thread just for abilities in the near future? Not anytime soon of course.

Magic is described as the soup that holds the multiverse, so it’s still destroying a portion of all of reality. Also merging universes would scale to AP anyways right?
Yeah no I get you, it's just that if Star used the spell on me and I had a baseball bat, the universe wouldn't be destroyed and I would have knocked her out with the baseball bat.

It is not in any way working on anything that isn't magic, and that's what my peeve is really about.

Atm the only thing is I want to decide how to put Star's dura exactly(I guess I'll put it as @Theburgerking11 said "universal+ with magic" with some justifications such as tanking own magic), and we would have upgraded profile of Star then, which is first step.

Next thing discussion would be about the character's hax I suppose and some pretty minor stuff such as lifting stenght, range and etc.

Okay. If you write a list of the usernames of the members who have helped out in this thread previously, I can send a notification to them.

Ok I think I'll note people opinion of which on this thread would be pretty important for the case.

List of main stuff: Durability and probably justifications for Star's uni spells which are needed to use on profile exactly.

Minor but still important stuff: LS feats if there are (@Theburgerking11 mentioned one), other notable hax of verse which probably didn't mentioned on profile, range which also mentioned as above.

People with which would be good to discuss this stuff and which are seem to be active in wiki: @Galvino, @Theburgerking11, @Sir_Ovens, @Greenshifter, @Jasonsith and probably @Eficiente

Atm the only thing is I want to decide how to put Star's dura exactly(I guess I'll put it as @Theburgerking11 said "universal+ with magic" with some justifications such as tanking own magic), and we would have upgraded profile of Star then, which is first step.
That durability doesn't seem to make sense.

For anyone wondering where the Universal Durability idea comes from:

The logic behind this is that since the princess blew up the dimension while she was inside of it, then she tanked her own blast due to magical protection. Since people are saying she needed charge time to do so in the first place, then I assume the more charge time=the higher her durability.

Yeah no I get you, it's just that if Star used the spell on me and I had a baseball bat, the universe wouldn't be destroyed and I would have knocked her out with the baseball bat.

It is not in any way working on anything that isn't magic, and that's what my peeve is really about.
Hmm ok but that just could just be targeted AoE or something. Like the chronosapien time bomb in Ben 10 doesn’t target one timeline out of the entire multiverse, so guess it’s all just hax. I mean technically it’s EE so you could probably argue that, but that’s not really the point.

For anyone wondering where the Universal Durability idea comes from:

The logic behind this is that since the princess blew up the dimension while she was inside of it, then she tanked her own blast due to magical protection. Since people are saying she needed charge time to do so in the first place, then I assume the more charge time=the higher her durability.

So basically Universal+ with magical enhancements as previous but covering by this justification.

Seems pretty good to me atm.

That feat would be 3-A, not Low 2-C. The wording needs to reflect the charge time needed to get into that level of durability, and it was only shown as a way of a user surviving its own attack rather than making a shield/protection, but we can write that this much can be assumed to be something that can be done.

Back