• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legendary Bird upgrade?

When Moltres is captured in the beginning a large thunderstorm and violent ocean currents happen and then later we're shown it reaches all the way to Ash's house where there's a snowstorm.

Then later on than that
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 03.31.05
we're told the ocean currents and weather abnormalities are across the whole planet
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 03.17.16
and the birds stop that with their mere presence.

There's also a lot of talk about the earths destruction in the movie so that should back even more how they're effecting the world.
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 03.50.20
After Lugia is knocked down, even hurricanes begin to form.

I'm not so sure about that as I've seen storm calcs like that get as high as 5-B or more.

They also cause violent currents across the planet as well. Guess kinetic energy could also be used you can quite literally see the storm moving which then reaches all the way to Kanto from the Orange Islands. Also doesn't this "supercell" thing change it entirely? I thought hurricanes were also the indicator of that.

Absaddie said:
They also cause violent currents across the planet as well. Guess kinetic energy could also be used you can quite literally see the storm moving which then reaches all the way to Kanto from the Orange Islands. Also doesn't this "supercell" thing change it entirely? I thought hurricanes were also the indicator of that.
Sorry to bump a semi-dead thread, but I want to put my two cents on this one more time, cause this has been brought up before with Primal Kyogre.

Storms calcs have changed since. I dunno when. It's just that either not all the profiles on this site involving such calcs have been updated with that, OR (IMO) these new standards have some inconsistencies due to certain rulings.

There also has been no clearly indicated majority agreement for implementing the changes (not yet, at least). So for this piece of info, I dunno what to tell you. I will say that it'd automatically scale the birds to Groudon and Kyogre, though, imo.

CAPE's been around for a while, but it's only used when kinetic energy can't be proven.

Not necessarily. Being able to stop a planetary storm doesn't mean you compare to someone who casually makes them.

Also I (and probably someone else) have said this before and I'll say it again. Ho-Oh's Rainbow Wing feat should be going back to using KE instead of CAPE from how I see it.

Unlike typical storm creations, the feat literally involves pulling clouds towards the rainbow wing when making it's storm. That implies KE is involved more than it just being typical storm creation (otherwise, the clouds would have orginated from the beam rather than go towards it).

Has Articuno freezing the ocean, in the same movie, been calced, by the way? My gut tells me that might be even more impressive.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Also I (and probably someone else) have said this before and I'll say it again. Ho-Oh's Rainbow Wing feat should be going back to using KE instead of CAPE from how I see it.

Unlike typical storm creations, the feat literally involves pulling clouds towards the rainbow wing when making it's storm. That implies KE is involved more than it just being typical storm creation (otherwise, the clouds would have orginated from the beam rather than go towards it).
^

To be fair, it wasn't the whole thing Articuno froze. Otherwise that'd have been a hell of an upgrade. But still enough to make the islands seem tiny in comparison to the sheet of ice.

Zeifyl said:
Has Articuno freezing the ocean, in the same movie, been calced, by the way? My gut tells me that might be even more impressive.
Freezing an ocean the size of the arctic ocean, which is the world's smallest ocean, would be about 1.5 teratons. It could be impressive, but I doubt it'd be that much higher.

@Kukui sounds interesting, though I'd like to see what other supporters have to say about it as well

Back