• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
This character loves to Dynamic Entry on his opponents, clearly that means he can slow down as well.

Logic clearly isn't in your head right now.

Honestly I just cant be bothered to argue this anymore. Maybe that was the point? Make such a ridiculous argument that I just get tired thinking about what to say? If so it worked.

Going to have a shower and play apex legends, dont think I am going to bother posting on this thread again(honestly was thinking of not posting at all).

I think the fundamental assumption of Galio's calc is wrong, though. It assumes the clouds aren't parted when his login screen starts, even though there is absolutely no way to see that given how the camera then pans out to reveal his entry point.

RegisNex1232 said:
This character loves to Dynamic Entry on his opponents, clearly that means he can slow down as well.
Logic clearly isn't in your head right now.
Normally when people post something like this, the can would be a can't especially when the character can fly, but again I dont really care anymore this can go wherever it wants..

Also, in that picture, the light beam that appears to be coming from the hole IS present. That seems like it would indicate the hole is already present.

Look im at work right now so can we please hold off on this for a bit? I think we all need to cool off a bit

Fyi the actual image for that skin shows the soldiers still there and Galio standing. Food for thought since we never saw the supposed flight at all.

No you don't. You see a blur that could be flight, or just as easily be: a fist, his tail, or even a blast of magic as it is the flight. You are assuming it was flight when it could quite literally be anything. I'm not saying that's wrong but a few frames of a blur is not conclusive proof.

Furthermore, the calc assumes said flight began from moment 0:00 of the clip purely because that's when the clip starts- which is why I mean by "no seeing the flight". At best you see the landing, not the full flight. This is not acceptable as no proof whatsoever exists for the timeframe. Frankly if I wanted I could state he started flying a good 5 seconds prior to the clip starting and nobody could disprove it- which is why it's a bad feat to calc when any number is as good as another.

Said calc is quite iffy enough on its own since the soldiers are already crawling away since the very beginning which implies Galio had already been fighting them prior to the loading screen's event.

Galio has never once shown to be able to launch his fist or tail as a projectile nor has he shown the ability to launch magic projectiles

It's his flight. It can't be logically anything else and you're really reaching to say it isn't.

We know that Galio flies in and slams down when he ultis. No one is around, then something flies in and slams down. A crater is present and Galio is now present.

You're being outright dishonest if you say that the blur can be anything but Galio, unless it was Galio-spawning magic, which doesn't exist.

If it is his flight there is really something off with the timing of the clouds from the sky.

The direction alone is off from where the cloud hole is coming from.

Assaltwaffle said:
It's his flight. It can't be logically anything else and you're really reaching to say it isn't.
We know that Galio flies in and slams down when he ultis. No one is around, then something flies in and slams down. A crater is present and Galio is now present.

You're being outright dishonest if you say that the blur can be anything but Galio, unless it was Galio-spawning magic, which doesn't exist.
The hill you see the soldiers on doesn't show Galio at any point nor does the angle of the camera allow him to be shown beyond the hill even if he was there. You cannot prove Galio wasn't already standing right there. The camera draws back and looks left- coincidentally Galio is also in that direction. He could've landed yes, he also could've done a great many things.

Given that the wiki absolutely wants to use in-game kits yes, Galio can spawn magic. He can also punch and presumably swipe with his tail- none of which are disproved by that video as being the blurred objected we see. Which is one reason among many why it's a shitty feat to try and use. (Not to mention neither a Story nor Bio)

If we analyze all the parts of that Loading Screen (not even real lore or gameplay) then we're left with quite a few assumptions. In particular timeframes (the entire thing based on speed feats) are almost non-existant. Not only do we not know how long it took him to fly there, we cannot judge time for anything else because it's a loading screen where nobody moves after it gets past the initial loading time.

So, remove the useless feat from the profiles and scale according to what scaling you have (minimal to none). In particular paying attention to how canon works and also not changing anything that clashes with your view to fit it instead of changing your conclusion to fit the evidence.

These are not the showings of hypersonic warriors.

Yes, you actually can prove that Galio wasn't already standing there. Just look. You can see the edge of the far right barn in the original shot and Galio is not present. Then something smashes down. Now he is.

Galio can spawn magic, but Galio can't be spawned by magic, which is what would be required for what you're saying to be true.

Galio can't launch his fist or tail or anything of the sort, and the blur is clearly detached and independent. It isn't just a fist or a tail being moved, it's something free-moving.

I don't support using the feat how it is currently being used; I don't think it works. But that is Galio slamming down. Trying to interpret it any other way is genuinely one of the most ridiculous arguments I've seen on the Wiki. And I've been on this thing for years.

Either you take in game kits as literally as possible or you don't, given that Galio hasn't exactly shown off any of his kit like Ezreal.

I think that game kits can be used so long as they don't contradict the lore. Furthermore, some abilities may be functionally different in-lore than in-game, but result in the same outcome.

Something like Galio using magic doesn't seem outlandish considering what Sylas is capable of using petricite for.

Just becuase they dont use some abilities in their limited lore does not automatically mean they do not have them at all

Galio isn't a mage though, he's an animated colossus who actively uses up magic to power his movements before returning to his statue state. I doubt he can use magic that way given that in lore he's a melee fighter who gets up close and personal with the enemy.

There's loads of abilities that don't work well in story.

Righteous Gust, Cannon Barrage, Remove Scurvy, Blood Scent, Primal Howl and etc are all in-game abilities that don't work well literally in stories.

And to drag the discussion a bit back to the thread, you still haven't posted anything regarding the scaling.

>Lists things without giving explanations

>Half the things listed have actually been used in lore and the other half have no reason to not work

Bout what i expected tbh

And you have proof that they were used as shown in the game, or is this another lie you're willing to perpetuate for no reason?

Cannonball Barrage:

Is a barrage of cannonballs from Gangplank's ships

In lore, Gangplank has ships that he is able to fire barrages of cannonballs from

How is this in any way shape or form contradictory?

Blood Scent:

Warwick smells blood and gets faster

In lore, the smell of blood drives him into a rage state that makes him faster and stronger

Again, how is this contradictory

Youre just listing things for no reason

Primal Howl is just scary and so causes fear. Someone who heard the howl and wasn't afraid obviously wouldn't be forced to run away. That is indeed a game mechanic.

Remove Scurvy is just eating an orange. In this regard it's not actually wrong- it won't magically make scurvy go away but eating stuff with Vitamin C will redue your chances of catching it. What is wrong is to insist the oranges can cure Gangplank of all magical afflictions when in the lore AFAIK no such thing is ever shown or stated.

Gameplay seems okay for fleshing out how champions fight but it does need pointed out that certain concepts are entirely based on gameplay and not lore. Champions legit gain and lose True Damage based on balance for example- not lore.

>or is this another lie you're willing to perpetuate for no reason?

So does someone want to report him or should i?

Maybe someone should report you as well for having zero reading comprehension, as I clearly said that all in-game abilities that don't work well literally in stories.

And you just posted stuff that is adapted from the games to fit the context. Literal game abilities would be GP having immunity to his cannonballs that are being fired like an orbital strike because they can be, and the cannonfire can get even stronger based on how much more gold he gets.

Unfortunately for you, having differing opinions isnt a reportable offense, whereas blatantly and regularly insulting people and calling them liars just because they have a differing opinion is.

Yeah, gameplay balancing is game mechanics, otherwise Aurelion Sol would win every match and half the characters in the verse would be able to bombard the enemy team from across the map non-stop, and every character would be able to kill themselves with their own abilities if they wanted.

You basically misread my posts for no reason to make a sidepost with little in connection and dodged the point I was making. This isn't answering my point.

Okay, and? You still haven'tactually answered my orginal point, and are now making up tangents to this discussion. Which is great I guess.

Almost all of their abilities come from and make sense in lore.

Blood Scent? In his trailer we literally see him gain physical strength and heat by smelling blood.

Feral Howl? This is just a truly terrifying howl that would make most people run away. However, it isn't some kind of supernatural fear-inducing sound that forces fear onto a character in the same way Nocturne does. A very brave character, like Poppy, would be unaffected from a lore perspective.

Cannon Barrage? GP flares his ship to fire on a location. Nothing hard to grasp about that, but this ability wouldn't be usable if his ship is too far away.

Remove Scurvy? Yeah this one just makes no sense tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back