• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is essentially pointless, as is talk of slowing down and such, when we can easily find the speed of his flight.

Pointless in what way? You are doing that thing again where you randomly say a word to discredit the other arguments without actually making a point. Him slowing down is likely the case when we know that he cares about innocents.

The cloud parting is a destrution feat, there is no logical reason to jist ignore it for no reason whatsoever

It's unnecessary, given that I just posted a rough calc above tracking his speed that you seem to have ignored. We don't need anything more to figure out, apart from the crater he made.

RegisNex1232 said:
It's unnecessary, given that I just posted a rough calc above tracking his speed that you seem to have ignored. We don't need anything more to figure out, apart from the crater he made.
I am not quite sure what you want me to say abou the calc? You posted it, it looks alright. Okay?

That is besides the point that we don't need to calc cloud parting when a simple KE calc/crater evaluation will do, given that Galio fights no one in mid-air.

Also yes, we have every reason to assume galio slowed down before landing. He canonically dislikes fighting human-sized opponents that arent mages, where the people in his art are knights, and hes in rhe middle of a demacian town.

I suppose the moving of the cloud could have consumed energy before he landed. Where specifically is the calc?

We have zero reason to assume that Galio was ever travelling at Hypersonic speeds when rough calcs don't put him past Supersonic. And even then he still made a substantial crater when by taking your line of thought he could have easily landed without needing to crash.

Who's making more unnecessary assumptions here?

RegisNex1232 said:
We have zero reason to assume that Galio was ever travelling at Hypersonic speeds when rough calcs don't put him past Supersonic. And even then he still made a substantial crater when by taking your line of thought he could have easily landed without needing to crash.
Shrek's calc is quite clearly better than the one you did tbh, it suses the time frame and the distance that we see him travel.

@Regis tbh you are the one making unnecessary assumptions when everything points to galio slowing down Massively before landing to minimize the damage he causwd

Except Xcano's calc ignores a large section of the distance that Galio travels.

Using frame by frame on what is basically a still frame animation which has essentialy 2 background pictures is not very good.

In what way are the things I said unnecessary assumptions? They're all canon facts about galio and then scene in queation. They're are completely necessary

He's tracking the speed towards the end of the flight, which isn't substantially lower/higher than general flight speed. And it's not like there's much to work off, given that Shrek did the same and got a vastly inflated number.

He tracked his speed at the end of the flight where Weekly and I are saying he liikely slowed down and no Shrek did not do the same. Shrek calced the distance it took him to get from the cloud to the ground in the time it took the video to start and Galio to hit the ground giving him an average speed.

You're assuming that they apply here and using that to assume that he can slow down, which we have no idea about, when Occam's Razor points to him not going that fast.

Actually occam's raor means that we use what we know.

Clouds initially not parted.

Galio hits the ground.

Cloud is parted.

Thus galio went through the clouds in that time.

We know galio cares about innocents.

He is going to try not to kill them.

So using Occam's razor he probably slowed down.

Occam's razor means that you use context as well not just ignore it for simply what you see.

Occams razor doesn't apply here like you think it does as we know enough about the character and the scenario to make an educated assumption as to what happened

Context says nothing about making up abilities on the spot to try to justify Hypersonic speeds. Maybe when that stops happening we can get somewhere.

You're taking his attitude about Demacians to try to justify that he could slow down, something not shown or indicated anywhere.

Not shown apart from where he part the clouds from the very start of the video and the when you calc his speed near the end of the flight he is clearly much slower. And none of that is an ability.

And yes using his attitude means taking things in context.

Applying context where it's difficult to say one way or another without already having some preconceived bias, then making up abilities to justify a calc isn't great reasoning.

Yes because it would be 100% in character for galio to just randomly bust a demacian town and kill hundreds of innocent demacian for no reason while also assuming that he has no idea how to slow himself while flying. That makes total sense

Preconcieved bias, look it is a calc where you see that he has come from the clouds while Xcanos shows his last couple hundred meter flight.

I still want you to tell me what ability is actually made up.

He's not anywhere in a town, at best he's near a farm of some sort. As is the idea that he's capable of slowing down, something not indicated anywhere. Maybe if you can find proof that he can slow down, that would be great. Until then, it's still an assumption.

Town, farm does not matter...the point is demacian innocents.

"Capable of slowing down", well shit I guess I am out there is no way I can waste time arguing this.

>This character can fly but can't slow down stop making assumptions

I'm sorry but this has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on this wiki in all my years here

@Rocker Guess we need to do a wiki-wide crt on flight users who are assumed to have the ability to slow down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back