• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, i finally buckled down and got all the base changes done, now all that's left is the alternate skin stats, items, description adjustments, and other minor changes to be made

Now, what did we determine DS Varus' stats would be?

We can used the new 'larger than galaxy' description in the Dark Star dev blog for Varus. Their (Thresh and Varus') physical forms should be of the same size as each other.

Concept artist Elena "Hellstern" Bespalova started drafting concepts for Dark Star Thresh around this time. In her second round of drawings, a swirling galaxy emerged around Thresh's head, but it was unclear if the celestial cowl would look as stellar in-game. Hellstern says, "It presented a real challenge because Thresh is kind of old, and his model is a bit clunky." Hellstern joined up with 3D and visual effects artists, and together, they combined rudimentary models of Dark Star Thresh with swirling space matter. After a few practice trials, they determined it was possible to bring the design to life.

Thresh's original soul vessel is a 3D model animated to sway predictably. Dark Star Thresh's black hole is a visual effect made of tiny, hand-painted particles that can be individually manipulated. Using VFX grants the artistic freedom to create dynamic, swirling colors in Thresh's black hole as well as in his galaxy cowl, left hand, tentacle head, and ability particles.

AdamUnicorn says creating Dark Star Thresh's VFX was extra challenging because, "We were working with huge ideas—concepts bigger than the Milky Way. Making that look cool on a much smaller scale was beyond complicated."

Basically the Dark Star's design concept was miniaturized into the gameplay model that we see in-game. These two apparently wear a galaxy around their head, which is small compared to their whole body... so 3-B?

Actually we might also talk about upgrading Thresh to Low 2-C altogether as well. We have the quote from Thresh's artist that he used the end of the universe as his background concept.

3-B sounds about right, and yes i plan on just making DS Thresh Low 2-C, he has enough feats to be unquestionably so. If you wouldnt mind though, could you get all the links together so i can add them to the profiles?

Also, fun facts about Tahm Kench:

He is the embodiment of foibles (inner flaws), which would mean he has Type 8 immortality, as long ad there exists faults in people's character he will exist.

He's fought Kalista several times

I have ISP problem right now, but you can use the Dark Star dev blog 6 posts up for all of the feats. It's one link.

The existing Low 2-C feats can simply refer to the Thresh wiki.

Dark Star Thresh

• His appearance closely resembles that of [1] Aurelion Sol (Cosmic entity).
  • The skin seems to be a reference to the cosmic horror works of H. P. Lovecraft, particularly the comsic entity Cthulhu.
  • Although apparently similar to The Void, this skin was inspired by cosmic horror, eldritch monsters and sci-fi references.[7] Thresh himself states that he and Varus consumed The Void's power.
  • He shares this theme with [2] Varus.

And this:

Dark Star Thresh ┬®Riot Games

What a ride it was making this splash, very challenging and abstract. It was fun trying to imagine the end of the universe.

Cleaving a monutain in half could be as low as Multi-City Block level...But would this scale to the other Warring Kingdoms skins? Basides Jarvan and Azir?

"The city was gone, or at least what its inhabitants had built upon its ruins. Nasus saw that much of the bedrock had buckled upward and had the same rippling texture of the dome that saved his life. The leading edge of every surface undulated like a glazed tidal wave frozen in mid-surge."

Think this could be a good feat for Taliyah?

Splitting a mountain doesn't instantly mean mountain level. But it's close.

Taliyah could've done that by environmental DC. Although I rather root for Small City level Taliyah.

Hmm, guess it's back to the average value.

Oh and to above it should scale on Warring Kingdoms.

That said I'm irked how even if I'm following this thread I get no notifications.

So should she be Low 7-C, possibly 7-C, 7-B via environmental destruction or just 7-B? The mountain feat was from when she was just learning how to control her power, the city feat was from after she had some time learning how to control it.

Aight cool, what should they be tier-wise?

Wikia glitching out on you?

MCB is probably too low, considering that a mountain's diameter tends to be much wider than a few city blocks.

A vertical stroke would be cleaving the mountain from front to back. The front-to-back diameter will be several kilometers.

I just thought though that his strike would get through something with City ~ Mountain level durability.

@Weekly

In that case it's possible that she really is 7-B instead of just environmental destruction in the past. Of course there are numerous ways to destroy a mountain without well directly damaging it and causing a landslide instead. But considering this was her in the past I'd give it to her, yeah I root for Low 7-B to 7-B

For now it's probably likely that it's MCB to Small City, maybe City if we can find further proof. Some mountains can be small after all. Maybe we can scale off of Taliyah in that regard.

Pretty much yup. Happens to other threads too.

@Heiknel What i mean is "Cleaving a mountain" could mean a number of things (Cutting a mountain in half, dealing significant damage to a mountain, or outright destroying it) and mountains can vary greatly in size, heck there are calcs for mountain-busting feats that only yield Town level/City level results. If we take it as literally destroying a mountain maybe City level, Possibly Mountain level would be a safer rating...

@COB Perhaps Small City level, possibly City level just to be safe? (lol copying the last thing i wrote). And that's wierd, Wikia's been really glitchy lately :/

At least Low 7-C to Possibly 7-A sounds ok to me for the Warring Kingdom version of Garen. We would give ranged options for what interpretation people want to use.

We do have the quote that he can cause it (even perhaps to several mountains/armies, depending on the terrain and interpretation) with a single strike.

Blood moon zilean

This may be a Moon level to Planet level time manipulation for Blood Moon Zilean (shifting the orbital movement of the two celestial objects).

We also have this.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/skin-release/blood-moon-zilean-darkens-su

Blood Moon Zilean darkens the su
By Riot Paradox

Beneath the sanguine moon, a demon god awakens.

The latest in the series of skins inspired by an ancient sect, Blood Moon Zilean features a new model, crimson spell effects, and enough eldritch power to leave your enemies wishing they could turn back time.

Eclipse the world as Blood Moon Zilean, available now in the League of Legends store for 975 RP.

@Heinkel Im working on it...

Also, where did you find that thing about Blood Moon Zilean? That could be a potential feat but im just curious

Hmm...i see...if we could possibly get that feat calced it would at least scale to BMTF, at most they might all scale...

Yup, Mountain level and Class T LS. lol gotta love the picture in the top left of Warwick literally punching a city xD

And then the one in the bottom left where his tail alone is large enough to wrap around a city...

So, with Riot's latest champion update, Galio is getting a new look and feel. With it come new canonical abilities and feats, and it already looks promising.

For one, Galio is absolutely enormous now.

He is more than twice as tall as the clouds, and that is just his size alone. I can't wait to see what he can do. What tier would that kind of size put him at just as a ballpark guess?

Huge Galio

He creates a sonic boom when he ults, have a guy made of stone and gold who's larger than a mountain tackle you at supersonic speeds gg

Assaltwaffle said:
So, with Riot's latest champion update, Galio is getting a new look and feel. With it come new canonical abilities and feats, and it already looks promising.
For one, Galio is absolutely enormous now.

He is more than twice as tall as the clouds, and that is just his size alone. I can't wait to see what he can do. What tier would that kind of size put him at just as a ballpark guess?
Just so you know, those aren't clouds but smoke from a destroyed building (you can tell by the perspective as otherwise Lux & Helmet Bro would be floating on dark clouds. So tone it down to maybe Building Level.

He looks nearly as tall as a skyscraper though, but that may just be the perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back