• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Star I'll add it to his profile when i get to it

@Pocket-Chu Taric is getting bumped up to Country level scaling to the Ascendants, just like the rest of the Targonian Aspects

Oh yeah, there's that solution. Thanks.

Ah btw, it's because the AMA closed last night by the time he could answer, and I was only able to talk to him through PM. : (

No it's ok, I will just bring what I can find about champions' feats and you can just discuss them and add as you feel appropriate when I come across those. But thank you for the offer! :D

@Heinkel No problem (You are welcome to do so anyway) as I should look deeper into LoL lores and any noticeable details that provided the feats when I have the time.

It's Kayle's lore, telling that she and Morgana came from another world that had originated before the birth of this universe.

Kayle1

"... sword forged before time itself."

The line indicates that her civilization predates the age of our universe. It's in an entirely separate world.

So the question is who created this more ancient universe that is separate from ours. If Nagakabouros controls the fate of Angels as well... you get the picture.

This is their existing lore in the wiki:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Valora

Angels: With immense power and a dedication to their cause bordering on fanaticism, these immortals are alien to the world of Runeterra. Originating from a universe far, far away, these winged guardians wage an endless war against the tides of darkness.

So summoners not only have multi-universal range with their summoning, but thats another universe that Naga created? Also lol Kayle and Morgana are older than Sol.

Kayle and Morgana themselves are only tens of thousand years old; it's their world's civilization and Kayle's sword passed down to her ('the sole remaining masterpiece of an extinct race of craftsmen') that were forged before time and predate the universe.

So Kayle and Morg would be At least Low 7-C, likely At least 7-C right? Or is there something that puts them at a higher level?

Also what speed would CR Kass be? MFTL+?

I don't know how Kayle and Morgana would power scale. Maybe just 'likely higher'

Yup I think Cosmic Reaver Kassadin should be MFTL+; he's crumbling galaxies at least, and he can also Riftwalk.

Kassadin is the Void Walker. He can momentarily walk into the Void (which exists outside space and time) to instantly exit it on another location of the universe. In-game it's represented as a blink/teleport ability.

It's also represented here:

http://promo.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/cosmic-reaver-kassadin/

The Southern Cross features most prominently in Cosmic Reaver Kassadin's Recall animation, in which he traces the shape of the constellation after opening a rift into space. His new weapon also takes on the shape of the Cross, being outlined in stars.

Cosmic Reaver Kassadin will Riftwalk
into the store during Patch 5.20.

And if you look at his splash art, he's Riftwalking into space there. (dwarfing the stars around him)

Cosmic reaver Kassadin

It's a small suggestion, but what do you think about adding Likely 3-B for the Cosmic Reaver? Since he also has a quote that says "Present at the birth of the universe, he shall be there at its end", he may be able to operate on that level.

The difference I think could be between just one galaxy or two. There are 2 trillion galaxies in a universe.

Dark Star Varus extinguishing worlds and manipulating gravity:

PBE Bugs & Feedback Thread: Dark Star Varus!
Riot KateyKhaos'submitted 6 months ago in General PBE Feedback'Dark Star Varus is a corrupted warrior pulled into Dark Star Thresh's twisted orbit, Dark Star Varus extinguishes worlds in the name of a greater cosmic horror.

During production, we liked to imagine this version of Varus as what he would have turned into when corrupted but Dark Star Thresh!

• Completely new model! (inorganic space terror!)
  • Completely new VFX! (dark space and cosmos, and a fancy new cape!)
  • Completely new SFX! (sinister space sounds!)
  • New recall! (gravitational fields!)

So, the question is whether Varus is At least 4-B Solar System level, or 4-A Multi-Solar System level.

This is my hypothetical argument for a Multi-Solar System level:

Supernova

If he can cause the gravity of one star to collapse and go supernova, the resulting explosion can affect systems several light years away. The closest star to us is 4.3 light years.

He could also multi-shot several star systems with a single skill. (W: Hail of Arrows)

Or his high-end could scale to Dark Star Thresh's Void feat as well, from 'in the name of a greater cosmic horror'. (Hexadriven said that Thresh could already do it alone, but Thresh himself said that Varus did it together in the past)

"A kingdom hangs on the edge of ruin as an army of titanic elemental beasts wage war on humanity. The last line of defense is held by a lone warrior queen, Elementalist Lux. To save her people, she must look within and reveal her true nature...no matter what form it takes."

If she's humanity's last line of defense, would that make her stronger than Jarvan and Swain?

Should the Mecha's be High 6-C since they were designed to protect Bandle City from the Battlecast Army?

@Weekly To the first question, I not so sure on that, but that doesn't automatically make her stronger than Jarvan and Swain combined unless her feat(s) show otherwise in that regard.

For the second question, what kind of feats do these Mechas has that will make them High 6-C?

Meh, true, Ever pointed it out so i just thought i'd bring it up.

Well they were built as a defense of the Battlecasts, such as Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, and Viktor saw Mecha Zero Sion as powerful enough to attempt to corrupt into joining his forces.

The best we can do for Elementalist Lux is to scale her to the monster in the cinematic and give her a Likely rating (assuming that she defeated it in the end). The monster seems to have destroyed the city either by itself or as a collateral of fighting Lux, though it happened off-screen so we have no idea how long the destruction took it/them.

It's a separate continuity so we can't scale her to other champions. We can only scale her to her base form and the beings she fought.

Anyway, what about the likely 3-B rating for CR Kassadin? Someone seems to have already suggested it here before, though he forgot to bring the text evidences for his suggestion.

And we also have to resolve DS Varus.

I've had this question for a while, which is why are we scaling leaders of countries like Jarvan IV and Swain to champs like Anivia? They haven't encountered each other at all save in the Rift (which isn't canon anymore) and there is a logical jump taken to think that just because they are the strongest in their region (Demacia and Noxus) that they should be capable of taking on what is basically an immortal cryophoenix who can cause blizzards when dying without any hard evidence like interaction as there's nothing to suggest that they are on the same scale. Same goes for Ascendants, the Freljord Triangle, the Darkin and possibly the Targonian Aspects, in that just because they are considered to be the strongest beings in Runeterra doesn't mean that they should all powerscale to champs like Anivia and each other without valid reasoning and I feel that being the strongest in their region/time isn't valid considering that they haven't really interacted with others, but only within their own region.

I'd rather rate them based on what feats they've shown, plus scaling within their groups (like Xerath, Nasus, Renekton and Azir should all be comparable, with possibly Xerath as the strongest due to his Ascension). Jarvan and Swain then get scaled to other Demacian/Noxian champs, Aspects within each other and so on.

Just my thoughts on the whole scaling going on.

EDIT: On a sidenote, we got new Camille lore (which includes pictures about Piltover) here: na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/piltover or you could also read it at her profile on the Universe site.

Actually, in my opinion, it might be better to scale down the high end of Faction Leaders to World Rune Ryze instead... since World Runes are the most powerful weapon that Runeterran nations have actually used in large-scale warfare for a long time. Ryze saw what happened when two armies used one against each other (blow up an island sized land mass in a few seconds). I read a dev once saying that Tyrant Swain is a canon depiction of what Swain would have looked like at the height of his power in Noxus.

At the end of Ryze's story, the leader of a backwater village in Freljord had one of those, using a World Rune to push back the troll armies (of presumably Trundle or his predecessors) attacking his village; if a village elder had one of these things, how about the two most powerful nations on Runeterra. They are like the real-life nuclear weapons of League of Legends, just that they can already be wielded by a single person.

Even that doesn't make sense, since it's still speculation and not really an argument for they themselves being that strong (without out the World Runes, that is). Whether they have WRs or not isn't really important (since it hasn't been stated for sure), since the current scaling is based on faulty logic (leaders/strongest in nation =/= capable of taking on someone who can cause blizzards easily). Same goes for the other Faction Leaders and the Supers (as I call it) of LOL, like the Ascendants, Aatrox and the Aspects. If we do include WRs, it would have to be with the caveat that this is not their actual power level and durability (since people scale the two together), but only when they use them (if they have any to use). The World Runes themselves could be lost somewhere where neither J4 or Swain could find them, so scaling based on the possiblity of them having WRs and without proof or proper argumentation is inaccurate and not representive of their actual level.

Yeah, ive actually been wondering myself why theyre rated that high, i dont remember any reference to Swain being among the strongest characters, though perhaps Perp knows something? He was the one who gave them those ratings. Unfortunaely he wont be back here for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back