• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Inb4 Yukari beats them all because of latest Touhou game or some new stuff. At least this solves the issue of her not being the most used Tier 6 character anymore.

Oh dear Cal :33 Why do you hate the one beloved goddess of benelovence? Why must you be so tsundere?

Well, if the match can still happen, atm I'm voting Lavos by virtue of his marvelous ability of excelling at not dying (or rather excelling at not staying dead). I think he could get around Isolation by "Woot, time warp, time gate, power mimicry" shenanigans.

This thing is so hard to kill he must be a distant relative of SCP-682 or something.

But Fate :33 Yukari also cannot die because once she dies she can just gap herself to the world of the living cause of Yuyuko connections and how she says it's not possible to kill her :33333 Although I don't see being turned into a story or picture/2D-ified as something he's resistant to. Abstaining from voting btw.

Make a fight between that Gary Stu- err.... what's a good name for that.... Make a match with it.

But what if Lavos looks at space-time to whatever place Yukari fought and mimics her BM on top of that? ovo

And even if sealed Lavos would get around that by "Imma summon myself back from different timeline". Or by mimicking her since he copies the entire skillset of his target in one go.

But Fate, BM power sealing would negate that :33333 and somehow along the way BM would somehow find a way to counter counter that and shut down that power and even use said power against them. And then and then!! She'll just keep doing it again and again and she'll see it happen in the present with precog so she's gonna gonna destroy him before hand :3333

Honestly though I'm questioning power mimicry if he never even tried to copy the abilities of the main cast. I would be more inclined to believe it if he did but ehh....

Maybe I would too, if he didn't copy Magus of all people - who is hyped in the plot to be one of the most broken characters of the verse and a party member. Also, there's the Mamoon machine which can "absorb and convert all kinds of energy" in-verse (It is a plot point that they would use its power to achieve Immortality. Can't blame the Enlightened Ones for assuming that).

Guess who's energy powers up said machine? ...Same Eldritch Abomination. He's either SCP-682 cousin or he got lost from HP Lovecraft while travelling through space.

That kinda changes things, although in the end it's not as if he used it directly on someone so there could be some prep time or something or used that machine thing. Idk.

Energy to fuel something =/= Power done by said machine tho : /

Lavos also has the power of the Masamune via the Ruby Knife iirc. Also, doubt he'd want the powers of a guy who he casually blasted into oblivion earlier, soul and all.

Except said guys won against him. Really. JRPG villains always underestimate those guys who waves sticks and toy swords early in the chapter, with the battle somehow ending up spanning universes... I mean it's justifiable in the end.

Lavos actually did kill the main character and would annihilate the entire party mid-game if not for Schala warping them to safety. Then there were A TON of plot related shenanigans to deal with him and STILL he abused his Acausality at the end of the DS version to say "Haha, screw you all", becoming the Dream Devourer, wrecking the party (which was, once again, saved by Schala in a last effort) and then we get the events of Chrono Cross...

This monster is one of the most successful villains in gaming history.

You guys respond too fast, or maybe I'm just too lazy to check my msgs.

That is one smart villain.

Anyway from what I'm seeing on the wiki the info is useless because I can't make sense of any relevant power in there, or at least track down most of hte powers. At this rate I'm going to actually have to pull an Endless and play through the game to confirm everything. Or someone needs to edit the wiki.

Well history is a bit in the past sooo.... In all seriousness only heard about this guy recently.

And we got way off topic didn't we, then again threads made for spite doesn't matter riiiight? : p

But if I can ask, how did he actually lose to the main cast before he went Dream Devourer mode? Cause that's the only condition needed anyway, or at least from my assumptions he only transforms to it if there's no other choice or he lost.

After a bunch of plot shenanigans, they fought through his first form. Not ded. Proceeded to get at the core of his being and killed him again. Still not ded. Then proceeded to get to his final form and the two "bits" which are part of his being and kept trolling and reviving itself via time-shenanigans, THEN after all that they destroyed his actual core and as a result Lavos "died".

...Except not.

He actually abused his Acausality and happened to find Schala hanging around the Darkness Beyond Time. Even in the future that he was destroyed, he was still around as stated by Magus. But who needs to come back and fight people who would wreck you again when you can, say, absorb another being and skyrocket in power, THEN come back and proceed to wreck THEM instead? Lavos went, merged with Schala, became Dream Devourer and thought it was a good time for payback, by wrecking the party.

Actually it would end in stalemate as the party wouldn't have any way to put him down for realz. It's just that why would you come back to fight someone if you simply have a huge power up right in front of you? This isn't the case here. There won't be any Schala floating around in the Darkness Beyond Time so Lavos has no reason to merge with her nor wait for anything (in this case, he waited until he was maturing). He just comes back if killed.

Actually, probably not. He was only defeated by them because everyone had a crap ton of prep. If he just surprised them at say, Crono and Marlee's wedding, then Lavos would've taken it.

But why do that when you can become Low 2-C and later 2-A by waiting a little? ovo Lavos got his priorities straight. "Screw these meddling kids and their Frog. Imma get mah upgrades then I wreck them."

Typically when a final boss ends up sent back in time people claim they faked their death and travelled back in time or something like that. Or that they ended up in the netherworld of some kind and had to find other means to revive themselves.

But yeah I'm gonna have to play or watch a playthrough of the game to see how legit these all are. Might be a fun thing after Ghost Trick.

Oh and where's the proof that he was in perfect condition instantly after 'dying'? Otherwise I imagine attacking the heroes from the start when they have no clue what's going on would've been the perfect thing to do if that was the case instead of taking your leisure time absorbing someone and then attacking them once they get a bit of prep time. Or as Cal said, in weddings. Weddings never end well if the game isn't finished yet.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Oh and where's the proof that he was in perfect condition instantly after 'dying'? Otherwise I imagine attacking the heroes from the start when they have no clue what's going on would've been the perfect thing to do if that was the case instead of taking your leisure time absorbing someone and then attacking them once they get a bit of prep time.
The whole events of Dream Devourer and Chrono Cross are the proof that he was perfectly fine. Also I already pointed this out many times: Lavos' purpose is EVOLVING. He doesn't give a damn about other lifeforms, he does not oppose the party directly and he's not your everyday villain. He doesn't give a damn about what anyone is doing, he's just intent on furthering his own cycle of evolution.

If he could evolve from a planetary threat to a Universal One he would naturally go for that instead of coming back right after. Also, the mere fact that he can resurrect himself via Acausality is yet another proof of this. Of course he would take his time absorbing someone when that would make his power skyrocket. I don't even need to justify it with plot.

...It's the most logical decision unless he was completely dumb, which isn't anywhere near the case here.

Also, I've answered like a billion questions for Lavos and still didn't see one that gives Yukari this. I find it very unlikely that she gets past all of Lavos forms and hax plus him reviving himself time and again at last form without getting eventually screwed much before he does since, unlike him, she lacks actual immortality, resurrection, acausality, stats effects and more.

Furthermore, Power Mimicry.

People are assuming she'll even get that far like "If somehow he can't resurrect forever, then surely she wins"... Sadly, he can via Acausality + Time powers, unless some crazy hax is at work.

I'll say it again, I'll probably need to watch the entire series. From the looks of it only two of you guys are talking about this. Don't know who else is a fan but I wanna see for myself.

Alright, great. That still doesn't mean he's in perfect condition after dying once. Could he be full health at once? Yes. Could he also be heavily damaged? Also yes. But then again like I said above I'll have to judge with my own eyes once I see a Let's play or something.

I don't know about that. Typically when the main characters of a JRPG could be killed by slimes I would imagine that it's a pretty good idea to kill them when you have the power to destroy the planet...

Funny thing is how you guys allowed me to keep discussing despite me staying earlier that I had no intention to debate for Yukari. Or rather, at least abstaining.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/563589#43

Spite battles get boring after awhile especially if they're made just cause one guy's a little too obssessed with three characters instead of the other 90 characters that could fight.

Anyway back to the point, this entire thread has been me asking about Lavos' feats. You guys did notice right? I just wanted to know more. Dazzit. I'm wondering because the feats I had for one page was questioned when I didn't link stuff, so forgive me for being a bit questioning on their pages.

Yes. Yes I noticed. I almost told you the entire plot of CT by now, as far as Lavos is concerned. If Lavos was easy to put down, there wouldn't be Chrono Cross.

Also, like I said, if the match can happen, I vote Lavos.

If it's some spite or stomp, then close it. Not entirely sure.

Oh don't be silly now. JRPGs span for eons. It's not easy to tell their main plot just like that.

Judging from the amount of talk and all that..... I think it's pretty clear on what purposes these threads had been made no? You satisfied yet Cal? You satisfied?

Ok. The truth then. Lavos is Cal's hatred of Yukari given form. It shaped itself and gained a will, becoming that abomination. Like Cal's hatred, it is eternal, undying and no matter the point in time, it's influence won't become any weaker.

That's the truth.

TBH, I just wanted to give Chrono Trigger the love it deserves. And given that Lavos (and Zeal) were the best candidates for it, that's how this came to be. Also, I had to completely revamp the parasite' page, so I wanted to make threads for this hard work lol.

Heck. I wanted to put Lavos against CELL of all people. They had a lot in common.

Oh. Yukari would rip Zeal a new one. Which is why Lavos is here. Also, you know how much I appreciate your input.

Guess he sastified...Say, what if, using her gap, she create a wormholed trap that would activate everytime he decided to jump into this period of time into his demise?( Like being throw into Big Bang) Or at least a stable time loop when he kept doing that again and again?

Edit: ...too farfetch?

Ya know what? I'm gonna make it my night's mission to be fond of Yukari. What's her music theme?

Inb4 I compare hers and Lavos' themes.

Oh suuuuure. I believe ya.

Andy be quiet. I'll find a way to downgrade Touhou to City level if you keep pulling out random abilities.

Start with some 4komas or some doujins focusing on her.

Back