• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well don't include time loops then. That's frankly too broken a word. And it's not as if he's without spatial and time manipulation. Then again I can't tell either since I have no idea anymore.

This should probably be just closed, Lavos is one of those damn near unkillable beings that should be thrown against other unkillables to see if someone actually dies for once or if they get stalemated for eternity.

Andykhang said:
Its not something I pulled out of thin air, isn't she is capable of gapping people into different time?
Lavos can casually throw people to whatever Era he wants too. If I applied your logic, he would have the same powers you just mentioned.

FateAlbane said:
This should probably be just closed, Lavos is one of those damn near unkillable beings that should be thrown against other unkillables to see if someone actually dies for once or if they get stalemated for eternity.
...should I put Lavos up against Hit or Beerus?

I was kinda banking on you responding though... or else it will be as you said. "Hakai gg" without any debate whatsoever.

Lavos can casually throw people to whatever Era he wants too. If I applied your logic, he would have the same powers you just mentioned.

Yeah, but that would be made moot by her ability to do the same thing. The problem would be who setting up first, and whether if Lavos would figure that out in the future, but I don't think Yukari would let that slip.

By this point where we're even considering closing the match by virtue of Lavos' powers, you still arguing that Yukari has the advantage only tells me that, like always, you want her to win no matter what by

1. Ignoring all the powers of her opponent.

2. Putting her in the best case and absolutely improbable scenario in her favor while not even considering that the opponent won't be kindly staying put while whatever happens.

And 3. Using powers she doesn't have.

Hence, I dunno if I should even bother arguing. Also Lavos has a ton of space-time related feats, so I wouldn't bother much trying to argue her being comparable to him on this. It's not even close.

Anyways, I'll be off in a few minutes.

By now I'll have to go back on my first impressions and agree with COB on his point that things are looking like a mismatch here - someone actually needs something very broken to put Lavos down, otherwise the best they can hope for is Inconclusive and that's if they're equally hard to put down, lest Lavos' own hax (that are not lacking, either) gets to them sooner or later.

Since matches were one side has a good number of methods to put down the other while being unkillable themselves are usually labeled stomp, it seems to be the case here with all things considered.

• remembers that Yukari is up against Tiamat in another thread *
...Uh, unless that Tiamat thread actually gets through. In which case, ignore the above reply.

I said Lavos is the easier to deal with of the two, still be able to die and all. Remember that his power won't work if she kept hiding in her lair, and she could BFR him into placed too death for him to deal anything against.( like right beside the supermassive black hole, using the same way she goes to the moon (with a bit of mod though)).

Re-read the thread. I won't be repeating points I already explained like 10 times, especially when the arguments you bring up have no basis whatsoever and are fundamentally NLF.

Also: "I said Lavos is the easier to deal with of the two, still be able to die and all."

>> The majority of the discussion was about how killing him is extremely difficult.

>> Is being put against other "unkillable" characters to see if someone dies or they stalemate.

>> Says he is the easier one to die anyways, while ignoring all that was already explained about him.

...See, this sort of reply you make even at this point in the thread is why people start to dislike Yukari.

Andy. Thank you for making everyone dislike my waifu by wanking it more than the freaking Almighty (and thats a pretty damn big feat). Even whenw we already tried to settle what she can and cannot do in the boundary manipulation thread you still find ways to pull out random powers as if Yukari was some shomen character. If you wanna discuss new powers for her DO THE RIGHT THING AND DISCUSS IT AT THE THREAD THAT'S TRYING TO REVISE AND UNDERSTAND HER POWERS INSTEAD OF WANKING HER IN VS THREADS

Once again. Thank you. Here I thought the reign of Reimu spamming would be the worst thing I see in the Touhou side in VSB

This match is really interesting, but I'm pretty curious as to when did Lavos do, quoting Fate, this:

"I'm not kidding. He QUITE LITERALLY opens a time gate mid-battle and resurrects himself from another timeline. LOL"

Cuz it's been quite some time I played CT, and that is a hella interesting ability. One I have serious doubts Yukari can overcome easily.

Active Life, Venom. Whenever you kill him in battle, he abuses his Acausality and does that thing where he simply summons himself back from a different timeline (a time gate opens and Lavos emerges from it to resume fighting while the time gate closes. He can do that a lot). Same gets backed up by the end of the game at the events at the end of DS version where even in the future that he was destroyed, he still existed in time and came back.

See the issue is, the only proof of those feats are your words. I mean I'm not holding it out against you but we're going to have to see for ourselves (or at least links) to see the battle feats. Otherwise it's like debating blind and we have to take your word for everything. That'll be like me using someone from an obscure franchise that has ridiculous sounding powers. No offense.

Of course Cal says he's gonna fix the profiles so yay, you can ignore what I said above once that's done, but in the meantime yeah.

Also from what http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger/The_Final_Battle

this is saying wasn't that when he trolled the main cast by reviving his fake forms?

...Kinda like what people do against Touhou, what with being vague for VS Battles and all? ^_^ * slightly salty at the implication of me not being honest when I'm only quoting/citing events straight from the game, and totally demonstrated feats *

Sure. I'll get you the scans if that's what you want.

Yes, I'm Chrono Triggered with this.

From now on, expect me to question 100% of whatever is brought up for Touhou, with scans, quotes and feats too (even if I know it to be true). Otherwise I'll say that I can't take anyone's word.

Huh that was supposed to be for Cal. And yay triggered two at the price of one. Anyway to me it's obscure, that's really all about it.

Well see whenever I see a fight I immediately head for the wiki to check for stuff if I don't mind spoilers although in this case, the wiki is confusing. I didn't mean to say you're unreliable but sometimes it's also wonderful to see further backings. But like I said, I believe what you're saying. Or maybe it's my OCD for profile links of feats... **** it. Once again, two people posting at the same time causes confusion.

And it's only for big feats that I'm questioning anyway.... And personal bias of "Having no idea what's going oooooooon" on a verse that was showed to me a few days ago.

TLDR - Scans or videos would be nice, or edits on profiles, idk about this game so I wanna know more. And gonna be a Canadian here and sorry if I offended you by implying that when I don't intend to.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Also from what http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger/The_Final_Battle

this is saying wasn't that when he trolled the main cast by reviving his fake forms?
Those were Lavos as well. There's nothing in game saying they weren't Lavos. In fact, the only enemy listed in the final battle is "Lavos Core" as you can see here:

00000ActiveLife
The bit on the right however, is the very core of his being. One would say "Yeah, you kill that and he's dead", If not for him actually being alive as Lavos anyways in the Darknes Beyond Time once that happens as well as in all other timelines that, as explained in Chrono Cross, all end at Lavos - and then proceeding with his cycle by merging with Schala (I swear to God, if you tell me to watch the whole playtrough of Chrono Cross just to get the specific scans for this, I'm going to be SO triggered). In fact, he ended up in the Darkness Beyond Time after being defeated AND STILL his Acausality was so broken that he existed anyways. And if he was "weakened" or "had to rest" then he wouldn't be able to take advantage of Schala who has one of the most powerful magic in the verse. He would be just wrecked or wouldn't be able to do anything and there would be no Dream Devourer or Chrono Cross. The very existence of a sequel proves that yes. He was perfectly fine.

If anyone says "He can't use that!" when we have this much evidence, I could say that Yukari can't use a good number of her current abilities either by virtue of not actually having displayed them for combat purposes - and I would be just as wrong. We KNOW the characters can do this. It's just that you see, histories have this thing called PLOT.

If Lavos used his powers to just annihilate you with no problem whatsoever, there would be no game. I thought this was as understandable as it gets.

Proving that it doesn't matter at all if you just kill Lavos in one timeline or in the present because his power and influence still exists, Magus says RIGHT before proceeding to fight the Lavos that now has become the Dream Devourer after merging with/absorbing Schala despite already being destroyed:

Lavos1
Lavos2

Lavos3

Lavos4

Lavos5

Ahhhh thank you~!

(I swear to God, if you tell me to watch the whole playtrough of Chrono Cross just to get the specific scans for this, I'm going to be SO triggered).

Hey Fate you should watch the playthrough to get the specific scans : D

But no seriously these are all I'm asking, simple things. And then again I already agree with everything you say though. It's just a future note thing. And yeah on the 'how do we know if he's not weakened when he revived' thank you for answering that.

If all this does not prove that:

1. Killing him normally is entirely inconsequential to the being.

2. He has the real deal type of Acausality where if you kill him, he just uses alternate timeline shenanigans to resume his own agenda on top of being able to resurrect himself, then I don't know what else will.

Lavos being hard to kill and abusing time related powers is a plot point of the entire game and its sequel. This much skepticism regarding a character that actually has displayed everything he has is getting silly.

@COB Also, the thread was eating your answers, sorry. I JUST saw your latest replies. Ignore me being triggered above, COB. Sorry about all that. lol

Nah it's fine kek. People can get passionate over stuff they love.

Although in this case Andy tone down your passion for Yukari please.

Anyway enough poking fun at others, this thread has run its course no? (And heeey publicity for Chrono)

Edit - To clarify thought I believe you on the feats.

Btw you should totally watch a play through of Chrono to back up all those feats : D

Yeah, since I mentioned that, Lavos was only killed off for realz at the end of Chrono Cross (he was evolved to the Time Devourer by then) at which point they used the Chrono Cross (Ultimate Macguffin) to unleash its power on the thing and disintegrate it to... Some sort of Non-Existence even beyond the Darkness Beyond Time where the final battle takes place.

After that they still had to merge dimensions AND unified all of time, making sure the damn thing wouldn't pull another "Die Hard" on the cast with his shenanigans.

LavosFinallyDed

I'm a Touhou Zealot soooo... Jk, but it's true that I want the win a bit too much. For that, i'll vote it to be Inconclusive, since no one give me any tangible proof about the opposite. (Also I will hold myself back more)

Edit:though TBH, at least he didn't have to be dragged into the underworld, have to be placed a concept of death, set the ToD as 'now', severed the fate, robbed his entire reason of being, and then finally killed by that verse version of Wave Motion Cannon while still being a frikkin tier 5

Unless she can isolate herself entirely from Space and Time, I don't quite see what's stopping Lavos from copying her and simply messing with Time via portals to get where she is.

Yukari has no sure fire way to put Lavos down. The opposite on the other hand... Just look at his profile. Or at the whole discussion. I'm suggesting the easier alternative.

Back