• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

>Large Island Level Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on God's green earth is this?

Large Island level (Usually operates under a far lower power level in fear of killing his mortal opponents. Comparable to Hulk and the Thing)

Ignoring the fact that such a thing would only apply to fights against fleshy "mortal" opponents, not to the kind of superpowered beings Thor usually faces, and certainly not towards Thor's general doings, when did we arbitrarily decide that mere large island level was Thor's "suppressed" strength?

The entire "large island level" rating seems to exist only in a circular scaling chain between Thor, The Thing, the Hulk, the Blob, Colossus, and Doctor Doom, with no actual justifications in their profiles backing it up. It's the same with Silver Surfer too. It's absolutely absurd.

Large Island level when holding back a great deal. And also, a lot of those characters used to be Planet level.

We use it to scale to characters who are clearly a lot weaker than Thor. But the Large Island level feat doesn't even directly come from Thor iirc. It was one of Iron Man's suits that had the tier from which the feat scaled from.

We use it to scale to characters who are clearly a lot weaker than Thor. But the Large Island level feat doesn't even directly come from Thor iirc. It was one of Iron Man's suits that had the tier from which the feat scaled from.
So why doesn't Thor's profile simply say "scales to Iron Man" if you're going to do that?

Don't we have a "thing" against these kind of circular comic book scaling chains? Even then, it doesn't matter, because a good many Marvel heralds are casually planet level. I repeat: casually, as in, scales to their "suppressed" strength.

I believe it's because of Captain Marvel having a High 6-C meteor-busting feat.

Honestly I don't know why the 5-B feats were gotten rid of.

I believe it's because of Captain Marvel having a High 6-C meteor-busting feat.
it seems to be a casual one
s0TL8ku.jpeg

It's actually Captain Marvel I think. The High 6-C that comes from Iron Man was thrown out the window as the calc for that was iffy

but why exacly High 6-C? the reason is '''characters hold back in earth'', but the meteor feat was made in space

That’s dumb. Who tf scales tiers while holding back?
Funny. You duck your ass whenever revisions get called, Cal. Don't try tough guying now.

In regards to High 6-C, it's only listed for scaling purposes, we are matchbanning it for most characters (only ones with variable strength mechanics are still usable), so for all intents and purposes, Thor and Silver Surfer are still 4-B base.

Only reason it's being listed is because idiots think "HURR DURR 4-B THOR ANYONE WHO TOUCHES HIM 4-B TOO HURRDURR". Countering that.

The thread where High 6-C was decided was left open to opposition for days and nobody responded.

Now that it has been carried out there is an outrage. I know the people working on Marvel and they are trying their best to work with what they're given. I would appreciate it if there's at least some sort of respect given to them since they're stressed out from all the threads crying out about High 6-C Marvel.

If anyone has a better suggestion on how to make the pages better, by all means, make a CRT. But saying the current ratings are dumb without offering an alternative is a waste of time and a huge burden on the Marvel research team.

In regards to High 6-C, it's only listed for scaling purposes, we are matchbanning it for most characters (only ones with variable strength mechanics are still usable), so for all intents and purposes, Thor and Silver Surfer are still 4-B
but what is the reason to high 6-c then? and wdym with scaling purposes?

My only comment is that the explanations could be better. But I assume that was going to be worked on later

but what is the reason to high 6-c then? and wdym with scaling purposes?
...can you read? Were you dead for an year?

Like I know they're not the best written, mostly because people won't stop lining revisions upon revisions and the pages are ******* locked so I can't even conveniently edit them and make the justifications more apparent.

..but do y'all just **** off for an year? Have you just... NEVER BEEN to a comics thread since 2019? These aren't new changes. At all. And even then they're listed on the ******* verse page no less.

Then read the damn verse page lol, again, I've just... written the reasonings there. Scanless, then again if I recall correctly all reasoning scans are on the files. Or you could've just asked on the Discord server we're BOTH in, anytime.

So why doesn't Thor's profile simply say "scales to Iron Man" if you're going to do that?
Because the lowest we're using for scaling purposes relevantly, is Thing tier :/
Don't we have a "thing" against these kind of circular comic book scaling chains?
Instead of complaining, can you like, help improving these issues? Like... is making regular CRTs tough, instead of acting like a QnA tough guy? We pushed through these changes and wre planning to improve this as we went along, the 5-A calc is LITERALLY non-existent now so it's not like we could've just kept it.
Even then, it doesn't matter, because a good many Marvel heralds are casually planet level. I repeat: casually, as in, scales to their "suppressed" strength.
Provide scans.

Also like, genuinely, again, thread was open for weeks, it was an open invite, hell I was even getting tier 5 feats calculated, HELL I was also accepting tier 4 feats, and it was still getting inactivity problems.

So like, keep in mind your attitude, I'm just gonna say this, if you just didn't take the time to be updated on the verse revisions, whose fault is that, exact? LITERALLY could've said, anytime, "hey I do have supporting feats for tier 5, and i think they should be considered for this reasoning", but no, you decided to ONLY bring these up AFTER the versewide is applied.

So reasonably I should be more pissed off right now

Last edited:
Oh allow me to pinch myself...

The thread was open for weeks and literally any feat varying from 7-B to like High 4-C was allowed to be suggested

"Marvel: Supporting Feats of 5-As"

I don't think this is a hard title to understand. Like... at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back