• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UchihaSlayer96

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Why isn't Emperor time Kurapika rated as Multi-City Block+ even though he stomped Uvogin, the strongest PT member physically? Furthermore, he restrained Chrollo engaged with Uvo in h2h and overwhelmed him.

I know he's rated as "higher", but I think we have enough evidence to just bump him up. He only got stronger since then anyway.

So any thoughts on this?

Yeah, I agree with this.

Also Uvogin isn't rated as Multi-City Block+ in his dura or striking strength, so that should be also changed probably.

I don't want to overdo it and say he should be High Hypersonic+ too, but if Uvo is the "Physically" strongest of the troupe, wouldn't that then mean he scales to other members who are HH+ ?

Yeah some of the HxH stats don't make sense. Whoever made the profiles originally didn't do a very good job at it, for example someone gave Chrollo, Hisoka, Zeno and Silva Class K lifting strength with no justification. The speed scaling also doesn't make sense, all Troupe members should be High Hypersonic+ seeing as how even the weakest of them was able to keep up with the stronger members like Chrollo and Nobunaga in their pursuit of Kurapika.

Although to be fair, Kurapika nulled Uvogin's Nen, which means he was significantly weakened when Kurapika actually killed him.

Even before he nulled his nen he still dominated the fight, and I believe it was stated that Uvo is the strongest physically with AND without Nen. Which I believe is why Kurapika started out with Uvo in the first place, because if he can null and kill the strongest member in terms of raw power then his abilities will certainly work on all other members.

But yes I also think the speed and lifting ratings need a bit of work, at least in terms of justifications, if not outright changed for some characters imo.

Ok I'll edit his AP and Striking when I get home (unless someone else wants to do it).

But how are we going to handle Uvo and Kurapika's speed or should that be handled in a separate thread?

You can talk about it here if you wish.

Well as we said above, I believe Uvo should be HH+ as the strongest member physically. Kurapika is a good bit faster than Uvo so he would obviously scale as well.

But I could see some people saying the statement only applies to physical strength and not speed, which is possible, but unlikely as we've seen much weaker members keep up with the top tiers of the group. So the troupe members are likely comparable overall in terms of physical ability, with the exception of kalluto obviously.

Any thoughts?

Then if no one opposes the suggested changes I'll apply them once I get home.

Yeah, all of the Troupe should scale to each-other in speed. All of them casually watching Feitan fight whilst Kalluto was the only one unable to see.

Class K should be removed from the vast majority of those profiles.

Also Kurapika didn't nullify his abilities until the end of the fight when Uvogin couldn't muster any aura.

I agree with Kurapika's upgrade, he schooled Uvogin in hand-to-hand combat and caused him to draw blood multiple times.

EmperorRorepme said:
Also Kurapika scales above Uvogin in speed. I'm pretty sure he blitzed him multiple times.
I absolutely agree with this. The fight was one-sided no matter how you look at it.

Personally I don't think any troupe member stands a chance against Kurapika except prepared Chrollo, Hisoka, Machi(possibly), and Feitan(if he's serious from the get go). Possibly Illumi too if you want to count him.

Hisoka wouldn't be affected by Kurapika's ultimate weapon since he was never a member of the Troupe to begin with. He's also far more intelligent and skilled than Uvogin so he would give Kurapika a lot more difficulties in a fight.

LordUrien935 said:
Hisoka wouldn't be affected by Kurapika's ultimate weapon since he was never a member of the Troupe to begin with. He's also far more intelligent and skilled than Uvogin so he would give Kurapika a lot more difficulties in a fight.
which is why i excluded him from the rest who would absolutely get destroyed by Kurapika.

also i have finished editing Kurapika and Uvo's profiles.

any thoughts? did i miss something?

LordUrien935 said:
ngl though i'm super hyped for Kurapika/Hisoka/Troupe Interactions on the Whale.

Togashi PLEAAAAAAAASE give us something in 2020!!!

also I think Nobunaga should also be buffed like Uvogin. They were said to have fought together in the past. what do you guys think?

though admittedly we may not have seen enough of Nobu to actually warrant this. I'm not sure.

To whom? Kurapika or Nobu? If you're talking about Kurapika then definitely not, but as far as Nobu is concerned I'm not sure. If you find the statement that would be really nice because we'd know how to scale Nobunaga

It seems I was mistaken from what I've found it's just Franklin saying Uvo was best when he had somone to protect, Shizuku saying he was strongest when someone was holding him back and Nobu saying Uvo wouldn't lose and would detruy him unarmed. So all in all nothing conclusive my bad.

Although Killua referred to Nobu and Machi as something like two Hisokas.

Ahh yes I remember Killua saying that, but he could possibly be referring to the feeling he gets from their Auras. You know similarly sinister and frightening. But they should be around the same ballpark of strength overall, but I think Hisoka is stronger given his performance against Chrollo.

Killua was talking about strength. He always analyses strength and how he and others would fare. His intuition and analysis is so good he was able to perceive Netero's Buddha-esque Hatsu from a glance.

Ummm I don't want to downplay Nobunaga, but I seriously doubt he's as strong as Hisoka given how much Chrollo(whos stronger as far as I know) had to prep for that fight and the fact that Hisoka is probably above Chrollo physically. Now of course we don't know much about full power Nobu so who knows honestly, but I doubt he's stronger than Hisoka and Chrollo tbh.

Though I think all this may be enough to scale him to the upper echelon of the troupe. What do you guys think?

Nobunaga is one of the vanguard of the Troupe so he should at least be somewhat comparable to Uvogin, Phinks, and Feitan. Of course, he probably isn't as strong as Hisoka, but then again Hisoka is the second most powerful member of the Troupe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back