• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KT's Adventure Time Revisions Part 12: Escape The Citadel Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just lost all interest in this thread

Someone call me when there's an actual vote consensus

So instead of discussing here, where people can debate, give greater context and support for their side, you went the sneaky sneaky route instead, cutting any amount of discussion entirely

Not suspicious at all
Ngl, you have a point there. I should've given more context for why I changed my stance, especially since my vote actually counts. It wasn't malicious on my part, I'm just a bit busy nowadays, so I went with the lazy route of FRA'ing DT's argument.

Anyway, my main issue is with scaling to the planet slicing laser. As I understand it, these two statements are what's being used to scale people to the Robot's laser:
1) This statement where Hunson speaks about Gunter/Orgalorg, and describes how evil Gunter is and how he "met he his match" when he tried to suck his soul.
2) This statement where Hunson describes the Lich as the "second most powerful evil entity in the Ooo Universe", with Hunson being the first (or so I'm told).

All I personally got from the scans is the following:
1) This Hunson Abadeer fella is, at least by his own estimation, the strongest known person in the Ooo universe.
2) Lich is the second strongest, after Hunson.
3) One could potentially argue that the "met his match" line could reasonably imply that Orgalorg scales to Hunson in some capacity, but at the same time it could just be resistance to soul hax? Not sure.

Either way, I don't see how any of those things would connect these 3 to the Robot's laser, when there seems to be no direct confirmation that Hunson's statements about Lich, Gunter, and himself are actually taking the Robot or his laser into account at all. So yeah, my main issue is just needing proof or additional evidence for why these guys should scale above this random Robot's laser when he's never mentioned in these statements, and when we seemingly have no way to prove that Hunson even has knowledge of its existence, or its power. Finally, much like DT, I'm unsure why this would even scale to these guys' Striking Strength.
Additionally, the "evil" statement about Gunter being used for AP also seems iffy, but like I said before I can maybe see how one would reach that conclusion, especially with the "met his match" bit. It's just this being used for scaling to the laser that I find super iffy. Unless Hunson is supposed to be Omniscient or something? In that case, that could change things, idk.

Finally, I'd like to reiterate what I said earlier in the thread: I have, essentially, ZERO knowledge on AT or the greater context of the series. So if I'm wrong here, or I missed something, ya'll are more than welcome to correct me. Also, I have no real stance on whether these people should be downgraded or not, assuming they have other avenues that scale them to tier 5, or even this very laser calc. It's just these particular statements that I kinda feel iffy about.

I doubt this constitutes a rule violation but as far as my opinion is concerned, it’s very underhanded
All of the points for both sides are here on the thread. All I did was summarize my argument, and ask them to leave a post on the thread. Everyone's votes are their own.

EDIT: Let's not get off-topic, please.

Ykw

I have another thread that can be better formatted than this, where I want to implement more stuff into it than just what's here, including feats and scaling.

I can just better organize all of my arguments there instead.

Can I just close this and put it there?

You are the OP of this thread so I guess you can technically ask for it to be closed but I'm not sure if that's the best idea considering that the current scaling has been rejected by the majority of the votes.

If the thread is to be closed I think that the current scaling ought to be considered as removed and then a new CRT can address the new feats and scaling. Would that be an acceptable compromise?

I hate to be the one to say no to stuff but my thread covers all of that and more.

The current scaling wasn't rejected. The change in the OP was rejected.

If the next thread gets unaccepted, then I'll change them all. I'm not about to change them just to possibly change them again

The current scaling wasn't rejected. The change in the OP was rejected.
The discussion in the thread went a lot more beyond just what is in the OP. The votes that have been given for the Disagree side has been for removing the scaling to 5-A though the current method.

Apparently the consensus was randomly to turn this from changing 2 characters to changing like 20 outside of my knowledge, which was spearheaded by you.

I never agreed, seconded, nor was obligated to revise the whole set of characters because you wanted to

So if you want it revised that bad, then go ahead and do it. I will continue with my revision, and you can find new scaling for all those characters, new tiers and new justifications, and you can pick up the consequences of changing the thread’s intended purpose.

On top of that, when the votes were 5:2 you didn’t want to go through with it, but now it’s 4:5 and it’s something that needs to be put? That’s funny.

Closing

Last edited:
I don't think there was any need for that kind of reaction. I never said you personally had to edit or revise the profiles,, and I thought the discussion about which characters were being affected by the issue I brought up was clear. I'm sorry if there was a miscommunication between us.

I also wasn't the one who insisted that the thread be closed, I was happy for it to remain open and for more votes to be given if need be.

I'll prepare a sandbox for the affected characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back