• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Krillin Downgrade

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I think I discussed this months ago, but never really followed through on this, so I'll do that, now.

Krillin shouldn't be 5-A, but instead "At least 5-B". The profile states Krillin is Large Planet level via powerscaling, but there's no actual powerscaling going on. The logic is just "Everyone got stronger, so Krillin must be Large Planet level", but Krillin's never fought a 5-A opponent and won/not gotten the crap kicked out of him. If the logic is "Krillin is 5-A because his Destructo Disk cut off 2nd form Frieza's tail", that doesn't work, either. Destructo Disk is explicitly a technique that ignores durability to an extent and allows the user to harm much, much stronger opponents, so that shouldn't scale directly to his AP. It's like saying Krillin is Large Star level because his Destructo Disk cut through Perfect Cell.

So yeah. Would anyone have a problem with changing him to "At least 5-B" or something of that ilk?

you are probably right for now, but i Wonder if that base Frieza small star calc (when that gets accepted) would make a 5-a rating justifyable?

LordAizenSama said:
you are probably right for now, but i Wonder if that base Frieza small star calc (when that gets accepted) would make a 5-a rating justifyable?
Possibly? I'm not the biggest fan of retroactive powerscaling though, and it's not like Krillin really did much against Frieza aside from:

• Use Solar Flare on him.
  • Die.
  • Cut off his tail.
  • Die, again.

I'll take any downgrade for Krillin, I can't even buy the guy being Planet-Level, best thing he's ever done in Z is beat a few Saibamen, and then all he did from there was getting the lights kicked out of him by everything that moves, and like you said, Kienzan is a skill that allows one to hurt opponents far more powerful than oneself, there's barely any evidence of him becoming any stronger. (and to what extent anyway? If he didn't get manhandled by everything ever we would have known.)

If it were me, I'd have him at just Moon-Level+, but I digress.

Downgrade approved.

I see kienzan as a techniue that creates and focus ki into one point in a form of a disk which can be used to damage opponent stronger than the user because of the high concentrated ki. Like Special beam cannon and tri-beam. If you downgrade Krillin then you might as well downgrade Tien for being able to hold back Semi-perfecr cell with his tri-beam when they were worlds apart in power.

KameHouse4444 said:
I see kienzan as a techniue that creates and focus ki into one point in a form of a disk which can be used to damage opponent stronger than the user because of the high concentrated ki. Like Special beam cannon and tri-beam. If you downgrade Krillin then you might as well downgrade Tien for being able to hold back Semi-perfecr cell with his tri-beam when they were worlds apart in power.
Tien probably should be downgraded, as well. Yes, he held back Semi-Perfect Cell, but he by no means caused him any lasting harm. It'd be like making Buu Saga Tien 4-A for acting as a meat shield/distraction against Buutenks.

Krillin should still be 5-A because he is actually stronger than Vegeta when he came on earth for the first time. And Vegeta was already able to blow up the earth.

Jeune fou said:
Krillin should still be 5-A because he is actually stronger than Vegeta when he came on earth for the first time. And Vegeta was already able to blow up the earth.
Being able to blow up Earth is only relatively low 5-B. 5-B is planet level whereas 5-A is Large Planet level.

It was something along the lines of that, but 18 is already 5-A, and we know for a fact she's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay above Krillin, so it's more likely she's talking about guys like Tien and Piccolo.

Android 18 is stronger than anyone among the z fighters except Piccolo, fat Buu and the saiyans. Plus if I remember, android 18 was upgraded to 4-C due to the fact she is a lot stronger than namek Frieza and the fact super perfect cell is 4-B.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
well she will be 4-C soon
cuz base frieza is now apparently small star lvl
He might not get that upgrade, actually. Mainly due to the problems with retroactive scaling, but we'll see.

Yeah I agree. Destructo disk ignores durability so cutting Frieza is not a AP feat. Anybody could've done it.

Also upgrading every character because Goku and Vegeta became stronger is also baseless. Most characters outside the Gods are absolute fodder and there is no proof they are any stronger than planetbusting.

Poor Krillin.

I agree with the downgrade, though.

Why you gotta pick on the Krillster? Although I do agree with the downgrade.

@Hyper no he doesn't since Saitama also got downgraded to High 6-A.

Faisal Shourov said:
Yeah I agree. Destructo disk ignores durability so cutting Frieza is not a AP feat. Anybody could've done it.
Also upgrading every character because Goku and Vegeta became stronger is also baseless. Most characters outside the Gods are absolute fodder and there is no proof they are any stronger than planetbusting.
Cell being a solar system buster is a proof. And also, someone like Android 18 for example is a legit star buster since she is stronger than a SSJ (at the beginning of the android saga) such as Vegeta who is stronger than namek frieza. Also Dabura has the same level than perfect cell so he is close to solar system level (only super perfect cell and teen gohan SSJ2 were SS busters in the android saga). All incarnations of buu are multi ss busters, and same goes for ultimate gohan, Gotenks, Goku SSJ3 and Vegito of course (and someone like Majin vegeta is a ss buster).

Dragon ball characters are better than just planet busters since the android saga (literally most of characters are star busters at least at the end of this saga).

Do I have to remind you even vegeta could destroy the earth. And also frieza who was thousands of times stronger than the Vegeta who came on earth for the first time could be one shot by supreme kai who's a joke compared to any SSJ in buu saga ...

But except that according to you except gods everyone is a planet buster only ...

Oblivion00 said:
Why you gotta pick on the Krillster? Although I do agree with the downgrade.
@Hyper no he doesn't since Saitama also got downgraded to High 6-A.
For the moment that's true. But someone like Saitama is made to become strong to an absurd level very soon.

Back