• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Krillin 3-A upgrade

Idk why this hasn't been done yet but here we go :

Krillin forced Goku to dodge his attacks, block and seemingly look concerned when a destructo disc gets close to his face.

8809389-9737c14d-a2d4-4d05-b38c-663f400c89da.gif

Goku struggled to stop Krillin energy beam and was forced to go super Saiyan :
8809393-3f4b9ecc-2136-4ec1-a0fa-493449966e23.gif

Even if we assume that Goku was holding back except he clearly wasn't holding back by much or else he wouldn't have needed to go super Saiyan in the first place.

A Destructo disc was able to push Cell max head (where his weakspot is located) :

8809515-screenshot_2023-02-05-18-55-48-726_com.android.chrome.jpg

8809513-screenshot_2023-02-05-18-56-10-512_com.android.chrome.jpg

While Piccolo not only wasn't able to do any kind of damage but also he wasn't even able to make Cell max head flinch unlike Krillin did :
8809511-screenshot_2023-02-05-18-57-30-877_com.android.chrome.jpg

8809510-screenshot_2023-02-05-18-57-40-105_com.android.chrome.jpg
8809514-screenshot_2023-02-05-18-57-41-662_com.android.chrome.jpg

The same Piccolo scales to Gamma 2 who's stated to be on Goku and vegeta level which should at least reffers to their base forms.
Therefore I suggest to at least give to Krillin a possibly 3-A rating

Last edited:
Idk why this hasn't been done yet but here we go :

Krillin forced Goku to dodge his attacks, block and seemingly look concerned when a destructo disc gets close to his face.
This was done and deemed an outlier.
A Destructo disc was able to push Cell max head (where his weakspot is located) :
I mean you can't use this to justify his 3-A reasoning since Cell Max is Beerus Level a.k.a Half 2-C .

This was done and deemed an outlier.

I mean you can't use this to justify his 3-A reasoning since Cell Max is Beerus Level a.k.a Half 2-C .
His weakspot isn't , Piccolo who is on Goku and vegeta level couldn't even make it flinch unlike Krillin destructo disc + Krillin forcing Goku to go SSJ and forcing him to dodge all of his destructo discs

in "The Artisans Who Made the Universe Survival Arc of Dragon Ball Super, Now Reaching Its Climax", an article on the Dragon Ball Official Site, Dragon Ball Super series director Ryōta Nakamura stated "...I intended on putting more effort into the warriors like the Turtle Hermit or Kuririn, the ones who at first made you ask “why’d they bring these guys along?” Because Toriyama-sensei selected them. If he was just looking for battle power, then he would have only brought along people who could go Super Saiyan, like Goten or Trunks. I think Toriyama-sensei went out of his way to select those people as a way of telling us to have fights that would put them to good use, rather than simply having characters win by going Super Saiyan." Goten and Trunks are notorious slackers, even putting aside their training during the three-year period between Broly and Super Hero to such a degree that Goten claimed to have forgotten how to fuse properly. Super Saiyan Goten and Trunks being High 4-C puts a wrench in Krillin, Tien, and Roshi being anywhere near the tier. Hell, Nakamura even exclaimed that the two Saiyans could have overcome any skill gap that the humans needed to create between themselves and their opponents by powering up, suggesting that their Super Saiyan forms are leagues above the likes of the humans.

Do note that Krillin doesn't really train either. If he was below Goten and Trunks then, odds are he still is.
In episode 84 when Goku and Gohan go to his place, there's that moment where Android 18 says the money he spent on his home gym would be wasted if he refused to participate. Not saying I believe in the upgrade, but Krillin does SOME capacity of training (at least through exercise). Even if from a dingy home gym lol

We should ignor dragonballs power-system for a second ... it makes sense but my gut says this aint right.

Lets just say that all the stuff is a skill feat for Krillin and not universal AP.

Last edited:
I disagree. I'd say this is more based on skill than AP, and Goku's clearly known to hold back against his opponents. And budging Cell Max with a destructo disc isn't really all that impressive, either. It didn't do any real damage, and the destructo disc is known to be especially powerful with its cutting ability. That cutting power just barely gave Krillin the chance to budge a Cell Max while he was distracted.

I do not agree with this tbh. Krillin indeed has gotten a lot stronger than he was and to the point where I think the underdogs should be higher than High 4-C and at least 4-B scaling from Basil and Napapa tbh. But I think going all out and giving him a 3-A rating is stretching it. Goku going SSJ or even SSB isn't evidence of him being serious; it was to make Krillin think he was fighting seriously, but that's not the same as actually fighting seriously. Krillin was also easily stomped by Frost later on; and if 18 is getting forbidden from being upgraded to 3-A than Krillin and by extension Tien, Master Roshi, or even Majin Buu would not. Not to mention Goten and Trunks.

if 18 is getting forbidden from being upgraded to 3-A
something, something, power of love
While Piccolo not only wasn't able to do any kind of damage but also he wasn't even able to make Cell max head flinch unlike Krillin did :
I'd like to point out that not only does this imply that Krillin can deal more damage than Ultimate Piccolo, but is also completely disingenuous, considering what Piccolo did was nearly a hole through his weak point.

私は17号回しか担当していませんが、スカウトをして回る悟空は、倒すためではなく、相手を探るために闘っていました。ブルーになったのは相手のやる気を引き出すためではないでしょうか。私はそう解釈しています。誤解を招く表現がありましたらお詫びします。

"I am only responsible for the Android 17 episode, but Goku going around scouting was fighting to explore his opponent, not to defeat him. The reason he turned Blue was to motivate the other party. That is how I interpret it. I apologize for any misleading expressions."

What are the odds that Goku transformed to motivate Android 17, the objectively superior fighter, but transformed to counter Krillin because he was pressured? Like, Krillin was solo'd by Frost, who was solo'd at 100% by Frieza, who is comparable to Goku.

Yeah, that's the thing about Goku is that he mastered the ability to hold back with style. He appeared as a SSB but his actual PL was far less than what his base form was capable of. And him shouting and grunting was just an act to promote intimidation and test his wits to overcome power gaps. But at this point in time, his SSB form was equal to Golden Frieza with his base form being equal to his regular final form. Which Frieza one-shotted a 100% Frost who one-shotted Krillin without a buff.

Also, real hot take, but Cell Max is just a weird case in general. The only ones really needed were Piccolo and/or Gohan and the former probably could have beaten Cell Max on his own if he really wanted to. All he had to do was stretch his arm to entangle Cell Max and then use his other hand to perform a fully charged special beam cannon. The only reason he didn't was because he wanted Gohan to grow hence why he faked his death. But a lot of people who fought Cell Max besides Piccolo, Gohan, and the Gammas were cannon fodder.

I do think Krillin should be stronger than some of the weaker people in the ToP, but 3-A because of Goku

18 however should be 3-A, since literally the only anti feat is her being restrained by Brianne while being caught off guard, compared to her matching Ribrianne before and also soloing her with the power of her love for Krillin. 18 and 17 kept up with each other multiple times too, even though 17 is stronger than her

I do think Krillin should be stronger than some of the weaker people in the ToP, but 3-A because of Goku

18 however should be 3-A, since literally the only anti feat is her being restrained by Brianne while being caught off guard, compared to her matching Ribrianne before and also soloing her with the power of her love for Krillin. 18 and 17 kept up with each other multiple times too, even though 17 is stronger than her
I agree idk why 18 isn’t considered 3-A

The only counter argument so far is a statement made by the director of DBS I just don't see how that is an excuse to dismiss multiple feats, Krillin performed much better against base Goku than SSJ3 Gotenks ever did against base vegeta :
8809388-6c8f79e5-0497-4331-be8c-3e642a660533.gif

Krillin was also able to keep up with base Gohan who is comparable to base Goku :

And even in dbz Krillin is above the likes of Yamcha who did this :
8809381-338f40f6-816b-42f2-a69b-2ca8441559f0.gif

Yamcha stomped Olibu who is comparable to Pikkon :
8809375-b4b0d735-101c-4077-9863-c267463d0555.gif

The same Pikkon who one shoted Cell :

8809374-fa640046-c7bf-438f-836e-df02fb1c0d9e.gif

This clearly shows that Krillin is above Goten and Trunks and it's pretty consistent and now he got so much stronger to the point where he can put up a good fight with base Gohan and Goku while SSJ3 Gotenks couldn't do anything to a holding back base vegeta

Last edited:
The only counter argument so far is a statement made by the director of DBS I just don't see how that is an excuse to dismiss multiple feats, Krillin performed much better against base Goku than SSJ3 Gotenks ever did against base vegeta :
Goku was merely testing Krillin before the ToP. He was holding back a lot and even then, Android 18 clearly noted that Krillin can't overcome Goku's power even with him holding back

Let's not forget in DB they can suppress their power level to really low levels, so Krillin "matching" Goku doesn't mean much. Gohan and 17 have later feats showing themselves as around SSB Goku level, unlike Krillin
Toei stuff
Toeiverse stuff aren't canon to DBS so it's irrelevant

Goku was merely testing Krillin before the ToP. He was holding back a lot and even then, Android 18 clearly noted that Krillin can't overcome Goku's power even with him holding back
He still performed far better against base Goku than SSJ3 Gotenks who couldn't do anything to base vegeta who was also massively holding back :

So even if you disagree with Krillin being comparable to base Goku he should still be at least above SSJ3 Gotenks so that should make him at least 4-B

Gohan and 17 have later feats showing themselves as around SSB Goku level, unlike Krillin
And this matters because of? I was talking about Krillin matching base Gohan who was shown to be comparable to base Goku before ToP and not ultimate Gohan who is comparable to SSJB Goku (even that is questionable since Gohan couldn't even damage base toppo who is SSJB level but I'm gonna talk about this in an other thread)

He still performed far better against base Goku than SSJ3 Gotenks who couldn't do anything to base vegeta who was also massively holding back :

So even if you disagree with Krillin being comparable to base Goku he should still be at least above SSJ3 Gotenks so that should make him at least 4-B
Krillin performed better because of his unique techniques, not because of his power level. And we don't really know whether Copy Vegeta was holding back. I personally don't think he was because while Copy Vegeta was bothered with fighting Trunks, it clearly wasn't enough to stop him from trying to kill Trunks, and he was just standing there at his base power to show how utterly wide the gap in strength is. It's in-character for Vegeta to do this.
And this matters because of? I was talking about Krillin matching base Gohan who was shown to be comparable to base Goku before ToP and not ultimate Gohan who is comparable to SSJB Goku (even that is questionable since Gohan couldn't even damage base toppo who is SSJB level but I'm gonna talk about this in an other thread)
I believe that Gohan was also holding back significantly against Krillin.

That's not how it works. Also that contradicts Toriyama saying that Goten and Trunks technically have more raw power than Krillin. Also Copy Vegeta was sort of serious against SS3 Gotenks hence why he took 0 damage and repealed him. Why would an evil copy of Vegeta who is kind of intended to be sort of bloodlusted be holding back. Gohan and Goku on the other hand were holding back a lot against Krillin. While I do agree Krillin should be 4-B as well as the Katchin busters scaling from the likes of Basil and Napapa. And Goku seemed more impressed with Krillin's growth than he was Majin Buu's growth. But some people might find those iffy too.

Back