• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos Tier 2-C Downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dargoo Faust said:
And wouldn't the War of the Primordials be after the universe is created, not what created the universe?
Nope. In the God of War universe there was only "nothingness" before the Primordials. It is pretty much that they're the embodiment of the void, according to the lore.

Kepekley23 said:
Dargoo Faust said:
And wouldn't the War of the Primordials be after the universe is created, not what created the universe?
Nope. In the God of War universe there was only "nothingness" before the Primordials. It is pretty much that they're the embodiment of the void, according to the lore.
Ah, nevermind then. I was under the assumption the universe was already a thing before the primordials duked it out.

Kepekley23 said:
But I agree that he obviously doesn't have such a travel speed.
I agree as well, and feel like this is the case for a lot of characters. I might make a thread regarding that later this year if I'm not too busy.

Kepekley23 said:
@Dargoo
  • Uranus stated three different times to have created the universe
  • Then, when he actually appears in the series a few years later, in the beginning of creation, his body is shown containing all of that, and in a fight, he gets hit so hard that there is a huge, cosmic explosion from which all of the cosmos stem, while the camera is zooming out at high speeds.
I think that it is Occam's Razor to assume that what is happening is exactly a visual representation of what is stated. Considering that the Primordials later lower their size purposedfully, and Uranus settles down to mate with Gaia while the other surviving Primordials go away into their own dimensions (Thanatos and Nyx), there is no other point where the universal creation mentioned by his son could have taken place.
It sounds like he didn't 'create' the universe intentionally. It looked like he and the Primordials created freatures or aspects of the universe or world one at a time.

Kepekley23 said:
Going by this same logic, then having Kratos at any speed that isn't Peak Human is ridiculous. If he were Supersonic at all he could leap mountains with a single jump (by the way, fodder demigods in Ascension have a feat of doing just that). If he were Hypersonic or higher he could leap islands instead of having to use "boats."

I direct you to this

But I agree that he obviously doesn't have such a travel speed.
I mean sure, but Kratos was never a speedster. IMO the fastest Kratos was when he had the boots of Hermes.

Even his reaction speed is inconsistent via the current ratings, he's failed to react to both lightning and light as well if I remember correctly.

I agree that absolutely nothing supports infinite speed and that a lot of the feats / statements being currently used to justify 3-A or whatever are extremely questionable.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I agree that absolutely nothing supports infinite speed and that a lot of the feats / statements being currently used to justify 3-A or whatever are extremely questionable.
You have any input for the Youtube video of the Primordial's battle causing the universe to be created--or so what Kep is implying here? I'm still skeptical myself.

It's pretty obvious that Uranus' body created "the stars", but that is literally a 4-A feat. They were already fighting in an empty space when the fighting started and didn't produce a Big Bang. The fact that Uranus' explosion literally created a recognizeable real life nebula (The God's Eye Nebula) also debunks that his body is universal in size.

It obviously isn't.

And I still question how we can seriously take statements such as "This spear supports the weight of the cosmos" and a comic-con statement of "Cronos killed his father Uranus at the dawn of time" as proof of 3-A and Low 2-C respectively. Specially since Cronos creating time is demonstrably wrong.

It seems that there is a lot of double standards surrounding how God of War is being ranked by supporters here on the wiki. Practically everything going on here wouldn't fly in any other verse, and in fact some of the supporters have barred similar upgrades on other series.

Dargoo Faust said:
It's interesting that every single feat in the opening after Uranus' is planetary in scope and its implication with Gaia stating that they "forged the Earth".

Reminds me of Gyeges stating that Uranus and Gaia are the "Father of the universe and mother of the Earth" respectively, as if both are feats of equal significance. The narrative that the primordials are consistently depicted as 3-A / Low 2-C in scale is blatantly false. Only at the highest interpretation is Uranus 3-A.

Ogbunabali said:
I'll be honest, there does seem to be a lot of headcanon going on here to assume the highest possible interpretation.
Exactly my point. The issue I have with God of War is less that the proposed interpretations come out of nowhere, or are completely unprovable and demonstrably wrong, but that they are the highest possible interpretation coming off ambiguous statements.

So before this continues. I will just ask that Matt, WindGod and everyone else stay completely respectful and not result in personally attacking a person you dislike. "Stating observations" does not justify this either. You post anything personal, I am deleting the comment immediately and you will hace to rewrite it. Understood? Because, I've seen Matt vs WindGod far too much at this point. And GoW stuff has slowly more unsightly each thread. Thank you.

Excuse me for probably being blind, but I don't see anything going wrong with this thread.

No, I am noting this before anything happens.

The thread is being super peaceful actually, and I have actually nothing to do with the origin of these downgrades. Incredulity and disbelief in the current GoW ratings has been rising for over a month now by itself.

Since we're heading into a repeat of the events of the last thread.

> It's pretty obvious that Uranus' body created "the stars", but that is literally a 4-A feat. They were already fighting in an empty space when the fighting started and didn't produce a Big Bang. The fact that Uranus' explosion literally created a recognizeable real life nebula (The God's Eye Nebula) also debunks that his body is universal in size.

At one point you say he created all the stars, and at one point you say he created a "recognizable real life nebula" with his explosion. Which one is it? All stars together wouldn't fit together into a single nebulae. Or maybe we can actually take the statements at face value instead of going by the fact that the explosion surrounding his body looks a little, teensy bit like a real life structure? Which is obvious pareidolia either way?

It is stated three separate times that Uranus created the universe in the comic book. This immediately dismisses any sort of contention made in this thread that has nothing backing it up.

> And I still question how we can seriously take statements such as "This spear supports the weight of the cosmos" and a comic-con statement of "Cronos killed his father Uranus at the dawn of time" as proof of 3-A and Low 2-C respectively. Specially since Cronos creating time is demonstrably wrong.

We can take the first statement seriously because it is literally meant to be taken seriously. So says the artbook of the game, and so says WoG. The exaggeration is supposed to be literal and taken on purpose according to an official commentary on the multiplayer weapons. Saying literally anything else requires you to actually put up proof against it instead of just disbelieving the statement.

And, for the second one, that isn't even what is actually stated by the panel to begin with. Can you actually provide evidence against the feat instead of saying it is "obviously wrong"? Saying it's wrong "because it is" isn't, and will never be an argument.

> It's interesting that every single feat in the opening after Uranus' is planetary in scope and its implication with Gaia stating that they "forged the Earth".

Gaia, the embodiment of the earth who was spawned by said war, talks about her domain, yes.

> Reminds me of Gyeges stating that Uranus and Gaia are the "Father of the universe and mother of the Earth" respectively, as if both are feats of equal significance

No, he doesn't say that.

• "Sired by Uranus, he who gave life to the universe. Torn off the loins of Gaia, mother of all creation."
And they do have equal importance. Both of them are the rulers of the universe as wife and husband.

Yeah, this thread is peaceful. There was a little bit of hostility between the OP and Kep at first but it's mostly washed over now.

I'm still for the most part neutral, although I'm concerned about the double standards from our desision on pocket reality feats regarding the size chart being used here. I will say Matt brings up some good points.

Mind actually linking the fabled artbook scans and WoG scans. Cause it seems like over half the support comes from these but no one ever links them.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
@Kep

Doesn't this say Chaos is the father of the universe?
No.

Gyges was born to Uranus, not Chaos, therefore by "this world is the birthright to those who were born to the son of Chaos, father of the universe" he is talking about Uranus. Not to mention that Chaos isn't even a man in the series.

As stated in the very first paragraph of this sca, the weapons of the multiplayer were purposedfully made to be big, over the top in both story and design, while still being literal pieces of the lore of the God of War universe. Therefore, all claims of hyperbole for the spear kinda fall apart right there, aside from the burden of the proof being on those who claim that either way.

That doesn't at all confirm what you think it does. All it says is that the weapons were meant to be big, mythological and over-the-top. A spear possessing the weight of the cosmos is by itself a pretty big statement, but can be easily be read as metaphorical, just as "carrying the world on his shoulders" is often used as a metaphorical phrase for any great act of resilience. A spear that dense would collapse into a supermassive black hole.

> That doesn't at all confirm what you think it does. All it says is that the weapons were meant to be big, mythological and over-the-top

The weapons were meant to be very big and over-the-top, while telling a distinct story about their origin which fit into a distinct footprint. Then they said that they were meant to communicate literal, true things about the lore of the God of War universe - the only descriptions that we're given of the weapons that would allow them to "tell a story about their origin" is...precisely their story descriptions.

This is about as good of a confirmation of the validity as it gets.

> A spear possessing the weight of the cosmos is by itself a pretty big statement

No, no. That is not even what is actually stated.

• "Forged in the Sun's core, this spear possesses the strength to bear the weight of the cosmos"
It doesn't possess the weight of the cosmos. It possesses the strength to bear such a weight. It's an ability it has.

> A spear that dense would collapse into a supermassive black hole.

Irrelevant and cherrypicking science. Or we can also apply a similar concept to, say, the Karma Fortress from Asura's Wrath, which dwarfs the Earth to the point of being star-sized yet hasn't collapsed into a sphere due to its sheer density and mass, like gravity would dictate any object with sufficient mass would need to at even a tenth of that size.

Even then - this argument is not relevant due to what I posted above.

Xerkser500 said:
Just going to say that "giving life to the universe" doesnt automatically mean universal creation.
"With your death, we will once again rule all that our father (Uranus) created."

"This world is the birthright to those who were born to the Son of Chaos (Uranus), father of the universe."

In this context it does.

@Kep

Tbh that sentence is structured pretty odd, If it's saying that son of chaos = universe father. It should be structured like something akin to this "We, who were to born to (Uranus), father of the universe, the son of Chaos"

Kepekley23 said:
Xerkser500 said:
Just going to say that "giving life to the universe" doesnt automatically mean universal creation.
"With your death, we will once again rule all that our father (Uranus) created."

"This world is the birthright to those who were born to the Son of Chaos (Uranus), father of the universe."

In this context it does.
I don't know about you, but in the video...Uranus and other Primordials seem to have created aspects of the universe invidually. Surely, Uranus didn't create everything by himself.

It indeed is, but given that statement was specifically meant to be Gyges trying to say the reason why the universe is a birthright to him specifically is because his father is the creator of the universe, and his father is Uranus, then it's fairly unambiguous.

In this context it does.

I don't know about you, but in the video...Uranus and other Primordials seem to have created aspects of the universe invidually. Surely, Uranus didn't create everything by himself.

If you count the surface of the Earth as a major aspect of the universe, then yes.

Uranus was responsible for the loftiest part of the universe, ie the cosmos. Literally 99.99999% of it.

Kepekley23 said:

In this context it does.
If you count the surface of the Earth as a major aspect of the universe, then yes.

Uranus was responsible for the loftiest part of the universe, ie the cosmos. Literally 99.99999% of it.

Did he intentionally create the universe? Because in the video when he was punched, it seems like the cause of it was the other Primordial that socked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back