• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos Tier 2-C Downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"With your death, we will once again rule all that our father (Uranus) created."
"This world is the birthright to those who were born to the Son of Chaos (Uranus), father of the universe."

In this context it does.

I don't know about you, but in the video...Uranus and other Primordials seem to have created aspects of the universe invidually. Surely, Uranus didn't create everything by himself.
If you count the surface of the Earth as a major aspect of the universe, then yes.

Uranus was responsible for the loftiest part of the universe, ie the cosmos. Literally 99.99999% of it.

Did he intentionally create the universe? Because in the video when he was punched, it seems like the cause of it was the other Primordial that socked him.

It being intentional isn't relevant to the existence of the feat itself. It's still a feat. Much like Maturin ******** out the universe after a Taco Tuesday is still a feat for him.

Indeed, it does scale to Ceto, the other Primordial who uppercut him.

I'm siding with kep

Every argument here has basically already been disproven before and this thread boils down to "I can't believe Kratos is that strong so unless I see him destroy a universe he can't possibly be this strong" it's the same as dark souls downgrades

Reading through this, I think I lean a little too Matt. So far as I see, there is three threads and I will write a reply later. I have admitedly alot of nitpicks. That said, I am definitely fine with the speed and roughly the scaling, I just have some contentions.

Kepekley23 said:
"With your death, we will once again rule all that our father (Uranus) created."
"This world is the birthright to those who were born to the Son of Chaos (Uranus), father of the universe."

In this context it does.
I don't know about you, but in the video...Uranus and other Primordials seem to have created aspects of the universe invidually. Surely, Uranus didn't create everything by himself.
If you count the surface of the Earth as a major aspect of the universe, then yes.
Uranus was responsible for the loftiest part of the universe, ie the cosmos. Literally 99.99999% of it.

Did he intentionally create the universe? Because in the video when he was punched, it seems like the cause of it was the other Primordial that socked him.
It being intentional isn't relevant to the existence of the feat itself. It's still a feat. Much like Maturin ******** out the universe after a Taco Tuesday is still a feat for him.

Indeed, it does scale to Ceto, the other Primordial who uppercut him.

Lets keep this debate clean without profanity, my friend.

Anyway, yeah...Ceto...the Primordial who fell over and her very body created the ocean upon impact. Since God of War is based off of Greek Mythology mostly, Uranus isn't the god of the universe. When Ceto punched him, the camera's POV shifted to the stars, which references the fact he is the god of the sky itself. While Ceto is the goddess of the sea.

The way the video looks, it appears that Uranus forged the stars. If he truly did create the universe, he would've been to spew out planets.

Paul Frank said:
I'm siding with kep
Every argument here has basically already been disproven before and this thread boils down to "I can't believe Kratos is that strong so unless I see him destroy a universe he can't possibly be this strong" it's the same as dark souls downgrades
Think of me as someone who is skeptic. If anything, we can't always rely on statements, especially in God of War's setting as the mythologies can be pretty exaggerated.

What profanity did I use? Just because I joked about Maturin pooping out the universe after an enthusiastic round of tacos on a Tuesday? That isn't profanity, just a joke.

Uranus created the universe. Outright stated to be the case in the mythos of the series. No going around it. Greek Mythology is irrelevant, this isn't Greek Mythology. Bring out evidence from the series.

SinsofMan said:
Reading through this, I think I lean a little too Matt. So far as I see, there is three threads and I will write a reply later. I have admitedly alot of nitpicks. That said, I am definitely fine with the speed and roughly the scaling, I just have some contentions.
You're fine with the scaling proposed and the speed, but not with the ratings? How does that work?

Greek Mythology is relevant enough as inspiration, though. And a lot of the lore inconsistencies in the series tend to do with the series whether or not following Greek Mythology accurately.

Also there are things which are mythology to the mythological GoW Universe.

No, Greek Mythology is not relevant in the slightest when the series's lore says otherwise, so it serves as evidence of absolutely nothing on this thread. It is pretty much no different than trying to bring in Greek Mythology to disprove Saint Seiya lore. When was Hades portrayed as Athena's rival in the myths again? Neither Homer, nor Hesiod, nor Apollodorus, nor anyone who was a major writer ever imagined such a concept, ever. So is the lore false?

Such as? Are we going to pretend an on-screen feat is mythological? What inconsistencies?

It's based off of Greek Mythlogy, man. While it may not be as accurate, its heavily influenced by the actual mythlogy.

That's cool, but if he is the creator of the universe, he would've also created planets, which also is one of the important features of the universe. The other primordials forged the very earth, which means the other Primordials all played part in creating specific parts of the universe, not just Uranus himself.

All Primordials played a part in creating practically everything invidually. If Uranus claims himself to be the creator of all, it's likely him boasting and stroking his own ego like many other gods in the series that Kratos faced against.

> It's based off of Greek Mythlogy, man. While it may not be as accurate, its heavily influenced by the actual mythlogy.

And, so what? The games deviate from mythology in this specific section, so this is irrelevant.

> That's cool, but if he is the creator of the universe, he would've also created planets, which also is one of the important features of the universe.

Who is to say he didn't? Uranus is said to be the embodiment of the Heavens in the artbook. In Ancient Greek astronomy, the term "heavens" also encapsulated the planets and their orbits (which is also shown to be the case in God of War mythos - in fact, that's the very definition of the word when used in the context of the sky), so it's very likely that he did do that.

> The other primordials forged the very earth, which means the other Primordials all played part in creating specific parts of the universe, not just Uranus himself.

Yeah, the other Primordials helped create the surface of the Earth. What relevance does that have to Uranus creating the outer universe?

> All Primordials played a part in creating practically everything invidually. If Uranus claims himself to be the creator of all, it's likely him boasting and stroking his own ego like many other gods in the series that Kratos faced against.

Uranus didn't claim anything and he hasn't even appeared in the series outside of his brief appearance in the God of War: Ascension introduction. The one who states he created the universe is his son, Gyges. The same son who hates his father's guts, since Uranus found him extremely ugly and banished him to a life of torment for that. So he wouldn't stroke his father's ego or exaggerate his capabilities. If he says Uranus is the father of the universe and its creator, then he is. Trying to say otherwise is inventing evidence and presuming to know more than one of the characters, one of the oldest ones in the whole lore at that, considering there is literally nothing to suggest otherwise.

Mythologies are revelent here. GOW 4 fans use Norse Mythology to connect some pieces together within the lore and its almost accurate....too accurate for its own good such as the likelyness of the World Serpent being Atreus--er Loki's son.

And they created the features of the planet earth like the ocean, the mountains, the landscapes. None of that was Uranus's doing. Uranus didn't create the oceans like Ceto did. Also, Uranus created the sky as shown in the video which is a callback to his title as the god of the sky--or sky god.

His son claims so most likely from the stories of his father, not seen his father actually forge the universe with his very eyes.

> Mythologies are revelent here. GOW 4 fans use Norse Mythology to connect some pieces together within the lore and its almost accurate....too accurate for its own good such as the likelyness of the World Serpent being Atreus--er Loki's son.

That's all baseless speculation from the fans that we're not discussing and not accepting on this wiki until it is actually stated in the game, so it's an irrelevant example.

> And they created the features of the planet earth like the ocean, the mountains, the landscapes. None of that was Uranus's doing. Uranus didn't create the oceans like Ceto did. Also, Uranus created the sky as shown in the video which is a callback to his title as the god of the sky--or sky god.

The surface of the Earth is irrelevant. We're talking about the outer universe. Why are you so focused on the other Primordials making Earth as if it matters when we're talking about the outer universe?

> His son claims so most likely from the stories of his father, not seen his father actually forge the universe with his very eyes.

What stories? Gyges was literally thrown into Tartarus as soon as he was born. As described by him, he was literally torn off of Gaia's loins while she was giving birth, and cast into torment by Uranus due to him finding him extremely ugly and repulsing. Gyges has advanced knowledge of events as a natural side-effect of his very being. He knew Kratos was the God of War and that he was the son of Zeus despite both of those events having taken place while he was asleep and isolated from the world.

Using Mythologies the games take inspiration from doesn't really work at all. The Cthulhu Mythos uses the Greek God Hypnos, and we didn't use the in real life greek pantheon to scale him, we used the story in which he appeared and what he did in that story.

Yeah the original greek pantheon is still blatantly fodder to the Cthulhu Mythos' high tiers, but even keeping that in mind the things Hypnos did in the mythos put him far higher than his original pantheon counterpart, as well as all the other gods of that respective pantheon.

Also another thing to keep in mind is the Fate series. This series blatantly takes characters from many historical figures, and mythological characters, however this does not mean they are the same character with the same power. The characters in Fate such as Saber's gender blatantly contradicts the original story of King Arthur, and furthermore, many of the Fate servants' power levels don't really scale to the things they take inspiration from. I'm pretty sure Jeanne D'Arc in real life never fought anyone capable of busting apart a mountain, yet she does exactly that in the Fate series.

i can agree with AogiriKira said, There are many verse takes inspiration from OG myth counterpart, but does not mean it's same. We know OG myth has contradict source regarding Canon or Non-Canon. The only thing different is GoW is popular media. So people has treat this verse differently.

Honestly this kind debate has already existed since 2013, i was debating with other People why kratos is "God of War" not God of Strength" and the debate ended with Bias and no conclusion.

And futhermore with upcoming Norse Myth people now takes assumption and head canon on extreme level such as "kratos is jormungandr". and ignoring cosmology that has been established by the franchise itself.

and now i still see some people debating in other forum if GoW earth is flat or round due to assumption that norse and other Myth (celtic, japan, egypt) exist in the verse.

Spawn888 said:
Mythologies are revelent here. GOW 4 fans use Norse Mythology to connect some pieces together within the lore and its almost accurate....too accurate for its own good such as the likelyness of the World Serpent being Atreus--er Loki's son.
And they created the features of the planet earth like the ocean, the mountains, the landscapes. None of that was Uranus's doing. Uranus didn't create the oceans like Ceto did. Also, Uranus created the sky as shown in the video which is a callback to his title as the god of the sky--or sky god.

His son claims so most likely from the stories of his father, not seen his father actually forge the universe with his very eyes.
If you were correct, it only proves even more Kratos as tier 2-C, since in Greek mythology Zeus is low 2-C.

Since Kepekley23 and WindGodAcheron seem to have debunked the arguments, should this thread be closed?

Okay, but this seems to have been pretty thoroughly dealt with.

Antvasima said:
Okay, but this seems to have been pretty thoroughly dealt with.
I have a huge comment replying to all three threads, A general tldr would be I am sort of fine with the OPs suggestion, I am okay with 4-A and I am noping anything in 3-A. Speed however is fine. This thread is contentious, everyone has an agreement or disagreement somewhere, so it might be best to keep it open.

Okay, I will wait for you to post said huge post and I will reply to it. Hope everything is sorted out after that.

Kepekley23 said:
Okay, I will wait for you to post said huge post and I will reply to it. Hope everything is sorted out after that.
I will be honest, it is sort of incredulous. Get a cup of coffee my dude, I have alot of nitpicks and I will try to respond fairly. Key word: Try,

Trust me...I have seen literally everything there is to be seen with this topic so far. Being honest with you owo.</s

O'course.

Well, I will unsubscribe then. You can close this thread when the discussion is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back