• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Konosuba Vol 16 Ability Addition

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
Accelerated Development for Kazuma

Kazuma:...But everybody wants skill points right? You can level up 2 or 3 by just killing frogs in the wild, if the starting adventurers can do that daily, everybody can learn all skills in their class no time... Megumin:...Hey, Kazuma.... Kazuma:? Megumin:... Normally, you shouldn't be able to level up like that. You need a year to get to level 10. For the level to get out of this town, level 20, you need get 5 years.
Statistics Reduction, Petrification, Death Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Power Nullification, Fear Manipulation and Curse Manipulation for Wiz

Wiz: Well... Lich has level drain ability for sure but I can't focus that status effect when inducing effects. When Lich induces status effects while having intent, the effect is randomized, starting from level drain, curse, comatose, magic sealing, terror and other status effects. There are fatal ones like petrify and instant death....
Some Hand-to-hand Combat Skills for Vanir

I looked at my level after I finished off a crying ogre with a sword after Vanir used a submission hold on him.
Body Control for Vanir

Wiz: Huhu, I'm not called King of the Undead by half-assed-..., What-what, stop Vanir-san, don't put your bitten off arm near me....!
Vanir continued to intimidate while controlling his arm to get near Wiz. By the way, it's really disgusting so please put it back up.
Shapeshifting for most demons

Amalilith: "Oh, that's of course a big lie. Fear is my favorite so I shapeshift to this form... Hey, frustration and anger is Vanir-san's favorite so thanks but no thanks." ....I ******* hate demons.
Non-Corporeal for all demons

Vanir: Stop it, damn you, mana is the source of demons' power and their entire existence! Hey, hey, don't drain! If you want magic replenishment, just drain it from monsters we encounter!
All intermediate magic, Teleportation, Creation and Healing for Kazuma

Kazuma: Well for magic based abilities, I learned teleport and intermediate magic.
Megumin: And do you have a right to say that after you messed with my card!? Huh!? You also learned golem creation spell and healing spell! What is your problem, you have less than 1/10th of my bloody mana and you want to be a wizard of something!?
Underwater Breathing (Type 2) for Aqua

Megumin: At first, we really didn't believe it. But when you think about it it's really crazy, I question it a lot. The truth is, Resurrection is a God's miracle that can only be cast once but she resurrected Kazuma several times. She can purify water by touch and she is fine even when she is underwater. And you know, priest that is capable of going toe-to-toe with a Archdemon and Lich is impossible.
Dimensional Travel for Goddesses

I don't have a quote but come on, they can travel to mortal realm and heaven. Eris and Chris for example.

I agree with the first two at least, though I haven't read the next chapters to see the others.

Also I feel the need to note that the reason Kazuma has accelerated development is because he'ss absolutely talentless and the world is made to compensate him for that

I agree with nearly everything. Shapeshifting should have obvious though back when he was in that beauty contest.

Also Intermediate magic:

Fireball
Blade of Wind
Freeze Gust
Lightning
Wind Curtain
Sleep
Paralyze
Flash
Lock
Unlock

For their goddess forms yes, isn't Aqua restricted? Eris-Ahem Chris who is the goddess of the world isn't.

Edit: Nevermind about my second point.

Accelerated Development for all adventurers seems iffy to me. Level up is a standard way of development in the verse.

Dimensional Travel is only in their Goddess forms. No mortal forms like mortal aqua and Chris.

I forgot Curse Manipulation and Clairvoyance for Goddesses. Eris threatened to curse Kazuma when he died in that one volume I forgot the number of. In Volume 15, Eris supposed to say the future threat of the world and demon king, though Kazuma was revived before that.

Vanir also should get his Empathic Manipulation back since even Succubus can charm other people. He should also get Absorption because in Volume 16, he absorbed the flesh of the ones he killed to regenerate.

Not sure about curse or clarivoyance Aqua did in prologue mention she has healing & non combat related abilities. In volume 15 she did say; "The only things I can do are purifying water, dealing with undead and devils, and resurrecting people. Goddesses aren't exactly that great of an existence, you know?"

Thread is straight forward get an admin and apply changes.

Yeah probably. But most of not all of Konosuba characters already have Non-Physical Interaction anyway.

Just got to Vol. 16 now and this was forgotten from Kazuma's additions

"Auto-dodge activated."

"What!?"

My body gracefully moved around the blow that I would normally have no chance of ever avoiding.

Auto-dodge.

That's the skill I learnt from a monk, a class that fights with their bare hands.

It has a high chance of activating when faced with an enemy attack. It's a perfect fit for me.

The ogre, whose attacks hit empty air, turned around with a surprised look.
This would grant Kazuma Instinctive Reaction unless I'm missing something

Back