• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muchacho_mrm

VS Battles
Image Helper
I felt that the other thread went off the rails or more like a heap I'd rather not invite staff to go through. This seems like a large dump but please at-least read, i'm also writing it as if someone that doesn't know the verse is reading it.

Mechanics

The verse runs on the typical isekai level mechanics, at-least that is what we were lead to believe. Usually levelling in this type of verses for powering up are pretty straight forward, you gain a level and skills then you go wack a few enemies and everyone else on your level is comparable to you unless you're the MC with cheat skills with higher AP or hax, but for this verse author made this more complicated. Once you register at the adventurer's guild you will receive a card from the employee with all your listed stats, you then receive skill points based on your talent/potential, this isn't given to you by anyone. Someone talented can start off with a dozen skill points while another person can start off with 0. You gain more skill points as you level up.

You spend these skill points on learning new skills/spells, for example if your were a crusader you would choose the available skills for your class which are focused on defense. The unique thing about this verse is that as you level up you can completely focus on one skill/spell raising it's AP/efficiency so it is possible you can have AP higher than your level.

This brings us to stats, which are basically a numerical representation of your capabilities. After registering at the guild you'll have your stats available for you to see anytime, it is used to find a job/class suited for the distribution of your stats, for example someone with higher than average magic power and intelligence would choose a mage job while someone with high defense and little magic power would choose a crusader/knight job. Also if you don't focus on raising one spell/skill's AP your magic's power will scale off your stats and what little skill points you used to improve that skill/spell.

The big oof with this is that stats are also determined by talent/potential, two people, one with actual potential and one without registering at the guild together will have different stats and as they level up this gap will more or less stay the same, a way to avoid this is to, well breed with people with exceptional bloodline like how royalty marry the hero that defeats the demon king which is usually a Japanese guy.

The striking strength listed on this site for these characters are through the roof. Holy bananas. Firstly the verse has classes, a mage is geared towards magic AP while sword master is for physical combat. So if a mage reaches lets say city block level, the sword master would match that AP provided they are of the same level and stats and have spent the same amount of points. Why a mage like Megumin having the same striking strength as her AP on this site is beyond me, what a madman to add that. I'd like to see in the series a mage dropping their staff and going toe to toe with a physically geared class such as a sword master lol.

The verse also has this weird mechanic that was unnecessary. Magic resistance should by definition cover all magic but for the verse this is not the case, you could have 5-B magic resistance but some fodder can easily bring you to your knees with abnormal magic. This includes poison, paralysis, sleep, curse and drain touch. Why? Well the verse has 'abnormal status resistance' that is either a skill or a stat you can improve. The only one in the group to improve this is Darkness but that is in later volumes. Aqua does not have this resistance, the main character had drained her and she explained he can only do so if she is not paying attention, then there is the fact that her hagoromo is from heaven and protects her from abnormal status resistance which is more evidence that she uses a tool to resist rather than herself. Characters that don't have this resistance are pretty much everyone in the series until proven otherwise, including Megumin the MC worried might die due to this. So it's only Aqua and Darkness that have it and it's fine to assume Aqua's hagoromo's resistance is above the series.

Character scaling Issues

Wiz:

I'll start with her because she's a fine character so i'll pat her lightly. Wiz had performed a high feat that people wank a-bit too much and ignore how the ability works. The verse has an advanced spell called [Light Of Saber] that the user uses his/her own mana to cut anything, Wiz had used this that people use to scale her above the main party. This ability alone is what places her above the party which does not scale to her other spells, her other spells runs off her stats and what skill points she used to improve them while this spell uses mana to cut which is why in volume 9 Megumin had stated she had beat Wiz in an explosion competition and even at volume 15 (currently) nothing changed, in fact in volume 13 Megumin was bored watching Wiz & Duke fight because she preferred one spell to be a deciding factor of a fight and wanted to use her [Explosion] spell to join the fight and end it. So Wiz in terms of combat capability scales above Megumin because of her high mana but by this site's rules her potency is below Megumin, all except [Light Of Saber] that should be on par with current or future Megumin.

Darkness:

This character's durability is what everyone scales off and this is ridiculous. The verse has classes/jobs that each specialize in different areas just like most RPG, you have someone that plays the vanguard while the mage with little defense stay back from a safe distance. Darkness has the highest defense in the group, this was proven again and again, even the main character stated so. Why everyone scales to her durability is beyond me. Currently with her level she has the highest defense in the entire series even higher than the mage Wiz and possibly the deceased sylvia.
She is the only person in the group said to be able to survive [Explosion] and has actually survived it although with life threatening injuries, so anyone else in their group would not scale.

Aqua:

She is a-bit harder to explain but please follow. Firstly, people are under the assumption that she has the maximum attainable level in the verse thus she will forever keep scaling to the main group and everyone else. This is false. In the early volumes she had stated she had maxed out her stats and any logical person would think this means she has reached the maximum level for the verse. That is until the author introduced stats caps, basically everyone starts out with different stats and based on your potential/talent as you level up you will one day reach your stats cap, meaning your growth limit. You can still gain levels and skills but your stats will forever stay the same.
The main character feared he is close to reaching his stat cap and for Aqua this is the case, honestly I was wondering why someone didn't pick up on this because of all the holes in her scaling to the other characters, especially in defense, why would the main character after 15 volumes still think Darkness has the highest durability even though under the previous assumption (that Aqua was max level) that shouldn't be the case.
To summarize, she is a goddess that has been nerfed coming down to the mortal world and has been been set to a certain amount of stats. Her feats and verse statements/events are what should be looked at. In durability she loses to Darkness. In pure AP she loses to Megumin.

Vanir:

Hmm, I like this dude but he isn't as strong as he is listed on this site. His real body is in hell and has some listed abilities on this site that really need to be explained. For example 'wish granting', it is actually a devil contract that he tries to achieve to the best of this ability, NOT through reality warping. Don't know where reality warping came from, he himself has a wish to fulfill and a friend's wish to fulfill, his wish is to build a large dungeon and yet he is grinding for money while also trying to achieve his friend's wish. There is also his durability that needs to be adjusted, he can revive his body probably infinitely but had stated volume 3 Megumin's explosion was enough to take one of his lives, so we have an AP to scale others from that kill him. If I had to guess, since Megumin's start is city block then his durability is either high city block or multi city block as Megumin had gained levels, but I'd go with multi city block. For attacks, he had attacked volume 8 Aqua but the attack had hit Darkness and for a devil that sees all he was surprised by this, so it is fine to give him low 7-C as Darkness in that volume should scale to Megumin's attack in terms of durability.

Accepted Feat Issues
First feat: Crater

The feat is Megumin's second crater, following source (the light novel) it's depth and diameter is unknown, anime adaptation blow it out of proportion as this crater is the largest crater across seasons. Why the issue? Well her first crater puts her at City Block and she had not gained any level up to suddenly go town level.

Feat: Lightning Dodge & Lake Freezing

This really needed just one person to go read the light novel. Firstly the lightning dodge feat that the fodder performed that everyone scales off is wrong. The calc runs off the Adaptation of the feat rather than main source light novel that contradicts it, in the light novel the character never dodge lightning and never was aware of it. The character that casts the lightning spell also uses a different spell than the adaptation. She had used [Lightning] while the adaptation shows [Lightning Strike], the latter comes from above (cloud to ground).
The second calculated feat is based on a-lot of assumptions. We don't know how many were involved, how much of the lake was frozen, how long it took and what tools were used. What is important here is if a tool was used, as we've already seen one of them use a talisman to make a storm.

Feat: Explosion Mushroom

This feat runs off the inconsistent explosion animation of the anime. Megumin had fired her explosion spell at the destroyer, Wiz who was superior to her at the time had pulverized her side of the destroyer while Megumin had not. She then received Aqua's mana, this was a small boost that let her deal with the destroyer, novel only says she 'obliterated' it, pulverization or violent fragmentation as she had done previously. The real issue here is if someone claims she had received over 100 thousand percent boost from Aqua to justify the anime rating when in the novel this was skipped and the characters moved past it as it wasn't noteworthy nor did they acknowledge such a power jump.

Feat: Storm Creation

This one too just needed one person to go read the novel. The teacher never created the storm themselves, they had used a talisman for that. Even when the time came to remove the clouds due to the conditions of the storm, they were unable to .

Feat: Cloud Clearing

This one has more holes than swiss cheese...This was written by another author than the main author and focuses on a side character of the main series. It is Megumin clearing cloud cover with her explosion or at-least should have, the illustrator/artist who is also not from the main series drew clouds when the description of the event says that the clouds were gone. Well anyways, the issue here are two things, firstly these event happens between volume 7 and 9 of the main series and was written after these volumes of the main series. There are two main series feat to compare it to and in both Megumin had not cleared any clouds, these happen in volume 7 and 8, the only noteworthy thing she achieved was shattering the glass across town, that's 1 psi over kilometers! Using nukemap and using the calculated diameter of the town in the anime (about 6km), with a height of burst of 280 meters and a 3 kiloton load, the feat is low 7-C... The first time was done with no target height in mind while the second time she wanted to surpass fireworks.

New Ratings
All god tiers to 7-C area but i'll break it down. Wiz's abilities to multi-city block while her [Light Of Saber] scales to 7-C unless in a few volumes it gets contradicted/elaborated.

Vanir: Multi-City Block durability & attacks

Aqua: Multi-City Block attacks, 7-C with break spell as it's something above what has been shown in the series

Wiz: 7-C with [Light of Saber while her other attacks should be multi-city block. Physical attacks don't work on her but her durability should be below Sylvia in terms of magic, so multi-city block should be fine.

Durability is fine to make it anything lower than their AP, for example Megumin would be city block, possibly multi city block. Although to some this might be high considering how I explained it in character issue section for Darkness.

The removal of poison, paralysis, sleep, curse and drain touch resistance for characters without abnormal status resistance (explained in mechanics last paragraph).

The removal of striking strength matching AP for almost every character except Darkness and Chris and Mitsurugi if he has a profile, basically physical characters.

The removal of FTL speed to unknown.

So basically, in Konosuba, not only are Phys Attack and Mag Attack different things but also the Probability of Casting/Avoiding Status Aliments differs from Mag Attack... Just like in any RPG I can think of.

I'm haven't read the Light Novel, but the OP seems to make sense.

I trust Celestial's sense of judgement.

Recently, I read some of the LN and the justifications didn't really apply to many of the verse pages so the proposals are fine with me.

Well i wouldn't give too much credit to my sense of judgement here when it comes to Konosuba, despite being into a large number of isekai, have yet to read the light novel of Konosuba just watched the anime.

I am just saying i think the Op makes sense.

Light novel in these cases are the source material if the anime contradicts it, we go with the light novel.

As a novel reader myself and you just pointed out the problems in much more readable manner. I'll go with okay.

But the problem is just massive clearing of the characters' tiers though. since the tier won't change during the keys because no calcs for it, do we just mash all of them or something?

We need some other calculated feat(s) to scale from, yes. Does anybody here have any reliable ones that we can use?

With little knowledge of the verse, and going only by what I read here and in other threads prior, I agree with the proposal.

That said, they get a tier when they get a better feat, else, they stay the same.

I remember the time when Megumin created an earthquake so strong across the entire town that the newcomer just freaked out by sheer scale. It was also compared to volcanos if I remember correctly.

I think this is 7-C if we follow our SEPC.

The calculation seems to have been accepted.

Now what I was saying makes a-little more sense. With a city block start mid volumes she jumped to low 7-C. Since it's a levelling verse and the character is getting stronger and she mid 30+ in level in volume 7 & 8 (feat above), she should have a solid tier at volume 13 when she stated to be 40+. In that volume she did perfom an airburst but i'll leave that to someone else.

==tuturu section==

There is something else I missed in original post that I stated in previous thread. Firstly Vanir's mind reading and ability to tell the future should require a-little note, since it's potency scales to below Wiz as he was unable to read her but with prep he can as he planned to close shop to get a-little privacy and do so. The other thing was the "people weaker than" statements that don't apply to that character found on some profiles, such as "(People weaker than her can resist status effects)" on Aqua's profile as I pointed out this require the 'abnormal status resistance' that most don't have.

There is also a few of these on Wiz's profile, "power nullification (Monsters weaker than her no-sell normal magicians' power null), you either learnt the spell or you haven't, someone weaker than you having it doesn't men you have it lol.

There is also the removal of Maxwell's reality warp on character profiles since it's just mindhax, so the statement 'people weaker than can resist' should stay on their profiles. The other thing that should also stay is this on Wiz's profile (Monsters weaker than her can resist various curses and insta kills), but should be changed to her own resistance.

I disagree with Maxwell's Reality Warping. It's literally stated that his speciality is to bend the truths or reality at will. I agree with the rest.

"I gave you an introduction for hundreds or thousands of times now. But well, nice to meet you Maxwell. Maxwell who connects coherence. Maxwell who bends reality. I am the demon who can seen through, Vanir. The demon who bends the truth, Maxwell. I came to pick you up!"

þ£ƒÕ«ƒ stands for reality and þ£ƒþÉå stands for truth, so even in Japanese texts it's sounds blatant reality warping. Plus demons can make someone's wish to come true and wish granting is reality warping by this wiki's standards.

Hmm, you mean this.

"This is the hundredth or thousandth time moi have introduced myself to thee. It's the same this time― How do you do, Maxwell. Maxwell, manipulator of facts. Maxwell, twister of truth. Moi art the devil that can see through everything, Vanir. Devil that twists the truth, Maxwell, moi have come to receive thee!" - Volume 8 interlude

What we've seen is mind hax, given the context I don't see why it would be reality warp. Reality warping would be if he had perfomed this as ordered

"Max! Change the memories of everyone who attended the ceremony, as well as those who heard what I said to my advantage, and settle everything by tomorrow morning! Understand?"

Since this is would be the largest feat, because from the noble's words he wondered if this couldn't be done by Max because of how many people are involved. Then again if I've missed something you should point it out since thread is closing soon

I pointed it out in OP why Vanir's wish granting wouldn't be reality warp as he performs the task through any means. For example his wish to build a dungeon, as he is grinding for money. And the unknown wish by Wiz

Well, I have the Japanese text and it's said that it's reality, the translation is likely wrong, same reason as to why Wiz was only Mid-High before High, when in Japanese context, she was literally turned to carbon atoms by Vanir.

Plus wish granting is a thing.

Okay Maxwell has reality warp, you should read the part about Vanir's ability to grant wishes part in the vanir section in OP and above your post and why should it apply/or-not, before someone starts up another CRT for things I've missed.

Vanir: Multi-City Block level (Was needed for Megumi to use Explosion to take one of his lives, and Megumin even at the start was able to create Explosion that can destroy city blocks. Fought against Aqua, albeit he was almost disappeared once the fight ended. His laser was so strong that he turned Wiz' body to atoms)

Wiz: Multi-City Block level (Even when she was human, with various manatite and seal she was able to fight against serious Vanir). Town level with Light of Saber (Destroyed the barrier in Demon's Castle casually, something not even Vol 15 party couldn't do)

Wolbach: Small Town level (Megumin only surpassed her at chapter 9, when she was able to create this much force in Vol 8)

Seresdina: At least City Block level, possibly Small Town level (Stated that she physically isn't comparable to the other Demon Generals but possibly physically comparable to Vol 15 Kazuma who is at this point was able to restrain Fenrir who is an opponent even Megumin was scared of)

Sylvia: Multi-City Block level (Capable of fighting against Aqua and Megumin in Vol 4) | At least Multi-City Block level (Far stronger than before)

Duke: Multi-City Block level (Fought and damaged Wiz)

Fenrir: Small Town level (Was so strong that even Vol 14 Megumin was scared to fight it and shrugged off some of Kazuma's attacks)

Hoost: Multi-City Block level (Stated that he is comparable to Demon Generals, making him comparable to Base Sylvia and Beldia)

Beldia: Multi-City Block level (Was strong enough to endure Aqua's attacks and should be comparable to other Demon Generals like Sylvia, also fought Human Wiz)

Aqua: Multi-City Block level (Was strong enough to fight against Vanir and damaged Sylvia and Beldia). Town level with Break Spell (It's potency is currently unrivaled by anything in the verse) | Small Town level (Was able to fend off Wolbach in Vol 9). Town level with Break Spell

Megumin: At least City Block level, possibly Multi-City Block level (Even at her beginnings, she was able to create Explosion that can destroy city blocks and leveled her power up ever since) | Small Town level (Can create Explosion this strong)

I have no idea how Darkness and Kazuma works, my memory is blurry.

Darkness should be comparable to Megumin's AP, she is defense orientated, is not only said to be able to survive explosion, she actually did and levelling alongside Megumin should scale her to Megumin's AP. Her attacks should be on par with her defense or a tier below, if you remember she damaged Beldia's armor and is said to have strong attacks but has a hard time landing them (the long running joke that she's useless lol)

For Kazuma I think it's fine to assume he has reached city block, possibly multi city block. Unfortunately he knows he has low stats as well as nearing his stat cap and with no cheat skills from heaven...Well hopefully he'll get something soon! He has OP skills that the series downplays, like [Drain Touch] or [Steal] that could in theory steal the other person's organs

I have to unsubscribe due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help.

Wow, I remember the time when Konosuba used to be a top contender for High 6-C.. Well regardless, the OP makes sense I definitely agree with all these.

Drain Touch isn't that good. Against enemies with lots of vitality like Darkness, it takes way too long to noticably effect them.

╠ÂH╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Ân╠Â?╠ ╠ÂW╠Âi╠Ât╠Âh╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Âv╠Âe╠Âr╠Ây╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠Âs╠Âh╠Âa╠Âk╠Âe╠Â!

What are the summarised conclusions here?

I just posted the conclusion. We're pretty much done here. I'm going to add this to the profiles after school.

OP told me the statement of the High Regen so I need to get that once I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back