• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knuckles VS Tails (Knuckles: 5, Tails: 8, Inconclusive: 1) [[CONCLUDED]]

Let's see who's the better Team Sonic sidekick

Super Knuckles (Game Character) VS Super Tails (Game Character)

Speed is equalized, both are Low 2-C, in their modern forms and the battle takes place in Hidden Palace Zone (Specifically, the area where Sonic fights Knux in Sonic 3 & Knuckles).

Tails is also allowed to have his machines with him.

Knuckles: 5 (ElixirBlue, Mister6ame6, NecroVoi, GalacticIron, Epsilon R)

Tails: 8 (Soldatoinfynity, Theuser789, BlastX, Mephistus, Foxthefox1000, Tonygameman, GlaceonGamez471, Psychomaster35)

Inconclusive: 1 (The Axiom of Virgo)

Super Tails
Legacy super knuckles render by nibroc rock-db2zwxu

Last edited:
Yeah......................... have Tails and Knuckles ever fought before? In any medium? Games, cartoons, comics?

ElixirBlue said:
Yeah......................... have Tails and Knuckles ever fought before? In any medium? Games, cartoons, comics?
Does it matters? 99.9% of the fights here are between charactets who never met each other, let alone, fought each other

It just occurred to me. Usually the Knuckles vs fight's i've seen are against people Knuckles have fought before or someone similar to his personality and fighting style.

Tails's character is something I haven't seen gone up against Knuckles before so i'm pondering about this one.

ElixirBlue said:
It just occurred to me. Usually the Knuckles vs fight's i've seen are against people Knuckles have fought before or someone similar to his personality and fighting style.
Tails's character is something I haven't seen gone up against Knuckles before so i'm pondering about this one.
I just want to see who is the strongest Team Sonic sidekick, so put the two against each other.

Now that this settled, who do you think will win and why?

I think it's safe to say Knuckles has AP on his side, he has more experience, is arguably a more skilled fighter by virtue of said experience. Tails' only advantage is superior intelligence, but Knux is by no means stupid and Tails' gadgets won't help him when both fight in their superforms. Also, Knuckles has shown more skill in setting traps then Tails, so the red echidna gets my vote.

GalacticIron said:
I think it's safe to say Knuckles has AP on his side, he has more experience, is arguably a more skilled fighter by virtue of said experience. Tails' only advantage is superior intelligence, but Knux is by no means stupid and Tails' gadgets won't help him when both fight in their superforms. Also, Knuckles has shown more skill in setting traps then Tails, so the red echidna gets my vote.
Tails does have the flickies in this form, so that's another thing (not necessarily a wincon, but still)

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Tails does have the flickies in this form, so that's another thing (not necessarily a wincon, but still)
Even so, my reasons still aply so it doesn't make much of a diffrence.

^ Setting traps? When? Sonic 3 when Knuckles were activating traps left behind by his ancestors to guard the Master Emerald?

ElixirBlue said:
^ Setting traps? When? Sonic 3 when Knuckles were activating traps left behind by his ancestors to guard the Master Emerald?
That was just something i tried to bring up as a counterargument to "it wouldn't take anything to get Knuckles into a trap", it isn't too relevant to this fight. I mainly voted for Knux because of his experience, superior power and arguably greater combat skill (Knuckles holds his own against Sonic and other heavy hitters in the series far more consistently then Tails does and is astablished to be physically superior).

Yeah, combat skill is the deciding factor for Super forms. If this was base, there would be a better argument for Tails.

Knuckles FRA

BlastX said:
User:"I will give input soon"
Give him time, he was very busy on these damned upgrades in the last week or so. Besides, I'm not going anywhere.

Also, you voted? If you didn't, can you please vote for one side?

Gilad Hyperstar said:
BlastX said:
User:"I will give input soon"
Give him time, he was very busy on these damned upgrades in the last week or so. Besides, I'm not going anywhere.
Also, you voted? If you didn't, can you please vote for one side?
Oh, sorry, I forgot about that

Also no I haven't voted, I was wating for him to give his input

Okay fine, I think Tails will win

In a battle of super forms Ap and how well you do in combat is irrelevant because of invulnerability, but Tails gadgets and Flickies can easily stun Knuckles away, and unlike Knuckles Tails is the type to go for the best way of beating a opponent by analysaying him, Tails will know everything Knuckles might do and analyse the best counterattack, Tails knows Wisps way more and for longer than Knuckles, so his more likely to use them

td.lr Tails wins because of more varied abilities, a more strategic mind, and more likelability to use hax, he will know a physical fight is pointless faster than Knuckles will

Back