• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All bosses in star allies are immune to the effect of the friend heart via having or having the power of a dark heart, so that's why he deoen't use that ability on them

Dragonmasterxyz said:
btw do we give a resistance to Time Stop via walking in a timeless realm? Unless you are Infinite Speed I was sure that didn't count.
Nope, that's why Mewtwo's was removed

Overlord775 said:
All bosses in star allies are immune to friend hearth via having or having the power of s dark hearth
Even then, the game rewards you if you use it on Whispy, Dedede, and Meta Knight, you can't complete the level unless you use it on zoom & Gon, and it actually hurts Void Termina.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
btw do we give a resistance to Time Stop via walking in a timeless realm? Unless you are Infinite Speed I was sure that didn't count.
I know there was a thread about whether or not that counted, but it was never concluded and died out.

Also that scan give us no context. What was the situation for that Time Stop. If one of the Kirby's used it, then that simply means that they made it so that their allies weren't effected.

Schnee One said:
Then you didn't read it
I mean...

Soul steal? Kirby still continues even without his soul as its still existing in the end

Stabs? Lol regen (Las time I checked, Kirby has Mid-High regen, and even if he can harm Kirby, he woudl need to atomize him to do so, and he doesn´t have that many moves to do that, hell, I´m sure he doesn´t lead with those.

Proyectiles? Kirby sucks

Familiars/Summons? Kirby can also summon allies, which unlike Alucard´s fodder, are actually 4-A.

Hell, he can even abuse hsi weakness with his own water manip and even remove his snorkel thing with his telekinesis.

@Bob

Regen against a dude who defeats Mid Godly and Type 8

Did you read Dragons Post?

Do you know what in character is?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also that scan give us no context. What was the situation for that Time Stop. If one of the Kirby's used it, then that simply means that they made it so that their allies weren't effected.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Ocram razor

Also is there even the slightest implication that the time stop is made specificatelly to not work on allies ?

The fact that it targets the enemies and not his allies. That scan give literally no implications at all. It working on allies would be counter productive.

Schnee One said:
1: But Drac eventually comes back, as his regen to that degree is simply not combat applicable, which means that Kirby still regenerates, especially considering I don´t see anywhere in his profile Regenerationn negation.

2: Likely not at this point, sorry, I rushed a bit as it kinda got repetitive after a while.

3: Basically something that they canonically would do.

To an extent, Bob is right. We often take one look at someone's regen and never question the factors behind it. We say "oh, this person bypassed it? Maybe the regen isn't as good as we thought and should be called into question. Nah, they just negate Regenerationn!"

It is a problem with the site, tbh.

Or the person could bypass it. If someone bypasses Lavos' regen or Kirby's you'd allow it right away would you not? Like how Link can bypass Low-Godly due to Ganon. Not much of an issue there is it? Shouldn't be an issue here either.

Let's not act like everything the wiki does is a problem. While it has quite a few issues, not everything it an issue.

Otherwise we will end up going

"This guy bypassed this Immortality, ergo this Immortality must not be as good"

"This guy bypassed this regen. Despite the regen having no flaws, the regen is just not as good"

"This guy bypassed this resistance. The resistance is just not as good"

etc, etc. At that point, it would become a bigger mess.

This ain't to target Cal (sorry if I sounded confrontational), but this is how I feel on that matter.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Or the person could bypass it. If someone bypasses Lavos' regen or Kirby's you'd allow it right away would you not? Like how Link can bypass Low-Godly due to Ganon. Not much of an issue there is it? Shouldn't be an issue here either.

Let's not act like everything the wiki does is a problem. While it has quite a few issues, not everything it an issue.
Yes, because you see Crono having any regen negation for that, or Kirby having regen negation for defeating any version of Dark Matter.

Scrutiny is better than inflation 100% of the time, Dragon. Also, sorry if I'm confrontational. Not my intent.

Pretty sure Lavos wasn't permanently killed by Crono.

Has he fully killed Dark Matter before. The fact that Dark Matter is still a thing means he's not fully dead.

I disagree. Scrutiny is important, but it can very well lead to downplay. Too much of anything is a bad thing. Of course inflation is horrible. However, it's not inflation when the feat is there. It's a matter of whether this is performed consistently or not. Takumi and Co. dispatched Yggdrassil Avatars twice, and they never returned. It's less the regen is bad, but more whether the feat of bypassing it is legit or just an outlier.

Crono managed to "kill" a Lavos. There's hundreds of Dark Matters. Kirby's killed many of them.

Frankly, my mindset on several things have recently changed after reading an OBD thread from 8 years ago. Like, we really rely on statements and vague feats left up to interpretation too much. Feats, and feats that aren't vague at that, should really take precedence.

I feel like we shouldn't always focus on one method of vs debating and assuming one way is correct or not. What the OBD says is not final just as what we say is not final. We aren't 100% right and neither are they. Statements are important and so are feats. However, statements are also important in collaborating feats to truly understand them. Look at Vademon. Without that statements behind it, that feat is not even Mountain level. There is a thing of relying too much on feats as well. All of that has to work together evenly IMO. It's not just one way.

The real cal howard said:
"Actions speak louder than words" is a saying for a reason.
Except in fiction that's not the case. That's the simple fact. By this logic any and all statements should be dismissed. That ridiculous and you know it.

There is a difference between someone saying they can do some and we can reliably say it can from someone just talking out their ass.

Never said that. I said we have an over-reliance on statements when they should be taken with more grains of salt than they do right now. If a statement is contradicted by a feat, then it should be analyzed to see whether the statement was BS or if it was a case of PIS. Otherwise, we get the case of tier 1 unbeatable GetBackers when in actuality they lose to DBZ.

But, the fact that we don't have Tier 1 Getbackers disporoves the notion of us being over reliant on statements. Lore, Feat and Statements are all important imho. They can all easily be contradicted by other sources. Not to mention you have not given a single example of these "over-reliance" on statements. You just say we do without giving proof. Basically you are making a accusatory claim with no evidence.

1: But Drac eventually comes back, as his regen to that degree is simply not combat applicable, which means that Kirby still regenerates, especially considering I don´t see anywhere in his profile Regenerationn negation.

2: Likely not at this point, sorry, I rushed a bit as it kinda got repetitive after a while.

3: Basically something that they canonically would do.

1. Dracula's regen is perfectly applicable, Alucard being able to halt it is a feat of Alucard, not a downgrade for Dracula

Schnee One said:
1. Dracula's regen is perfectly applicable, Alucard being able to halt it is a feat of Alucard, not a downgrade for Dracula
When has he been able to halt it? For a reason he still kept coming back from death.

Genericstickman said:
Technically eaither Alucard or Julies (it wasn't stated who) sealed Dracula and the castle up halting the rege
Aria and Dawn of Sorrow explicitly point at Julius for that, not Alucard.

Which means that Alucard has no reliable way around that regen and is beaten up by Kirby, aka, stomp.

Ok so, I just read this.

• I admit to disagree with the 4-A feats of this two characters, but outside of that the verse has a lot of 4-A feats, take a look at the AP of Kirby, and the AP of the characters mensioned there which elaborate their feats better.
  • Kirby's morality & empathic hax is multi-planetary and is used by him a lot IC, what even is the implication that it's used in a single game when said game is the last one he had, how would this mean that he would not use this anymore? If anything, I can confirm to everyone that he will continue to use the power in exactly 19 days.
  • Yes Kirby "can" use his copy abilites freely, is it IC? No. Wil he use the good ones? Neither.
  • I'm doubtful with Kirby himself having regen without the Ghost form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back