• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby General Discussion Thread (fun edition)

I don't think there's any reason to consider "countless" to be literal in either case. Those statements should help making Kirby cosmology pretty high into 2-C though. Ironically, Low 1-C has way more to back it up than 2-B.

Stop being dumb

The key problem is not the countless part it is the worlds part. Are those planets? Are those universes? That's the issuem

Anyways i noticed sth.

So you know how kirby massacres everything?

I have reason to believe he doesn't.
He fought and killed bandana dee... Except he really didn't. Should we assume he just knocks opponents out?

Stop being dumb

The key problem is not the countless part it is the worlds part. Are those planets? Are those universes? That's the issuem
That's also an issue, but "countless" is used hyperbolically all the damn time. Even in the Kirby series, there's the Jamba heart pieces example to show for it.

Anyways i noticed sth.

So you know how kirby massacres everything?

I have reason to believe he doesn't.
He fought and killed bandana dee... Except he really didn't. Should we assume he just knocks opponents out?
Ofc he does
He's Kirby after all

So the question to effi is simple... Why would the 3-B feat scale to them? This isn't rethorical i legit want an explanation

Because they beat the character who did it.
  • In 2 out of ~4 of Void Termina's phases the Star Allies were helped by some item w/ an outside power source, and still able to take hits from VT themselves.
  • In the other 2 phases, including the last one, the 4 Star Allies beat him by themselves.
  • In the last extra part of the battle Kirby did it alone, and we needlessly have extra info that his friends scale to him due to Fighters 2, which clearly put DDD and MK as even w/ Kirby, as well as Kirby's "buddy", Bandana Dee, Gooey or Magolor, on the same level. It would make no sense for only those characters to scale but the rest of the Star Allies to have been weaker as of Star Allies. They are weaker in the sense that they didn't get the powers boosts everyone got in Fighters 2, but in both games your allies were comparable to you and a major reason Kirby was able to do what he did, as in there is no evidence he would have been able to do it all alone, minus that last attack.
    • (Which even then that last energy beam is reminiscent of the Team Attack, which you can only do when an ally or more charge energy w/ you. It could be they made Kirby do the attack alone only because the player could technically play the game that way, which is discouraged in-game. The next attack after it is Kirby creating all his friends to attack VT w/ them.)
  • Fighters 2 also recontextualizes things up as to why characters get stronger, their friendship legit makes them stronger as they fight, as a genuine ability they have.
After Void Termina they defeated Corrupt Hyness, who seems to be stronger than VT by context, then they defeated the Mage-Sisters, who were stronger than Corrupt Hyness. They could beat 2 more powerful Void Terminas in extra-modes. And in Fighters 2 some characters got amps like in some shonen.

Added to it, this is the same verse that makes wacky things like claiming & integrating to the story how Kirby has infinite power and making Team Kirby be said to from 1 day forward be the strongest warrior in the galaxy due to defeating the last one (as the og text says in the translation above). There's no reason for almost anything so far to be an outlier (minus GK on a few games due to time travel shenanigans & minor retcons messing up the scaling). Neither are they anti-feats as they are just humor, game mechanics and cinematic time, which is a very huge claim I can't even think of other verse that has it too to the same extent.

Could you give me the scene where the destruction happens? Cause if you are talking about the entire backdrop getting destroyed then I'm pretty sure i saw 4 more galaxies in the distance

So wait. Does Effi agree with upgrading Kirby to 3-B? What about 2-C?
Also, before that document "we" have a number of good reasons as to why Magolor's feat wasn't 2-C, but now that it confirms that each of the Doomers were in their own dimension those reasons kinda get cut in half, and it would be dishonest to not portray this info as it is and give Kirby characters a Likely or Possibly 2-C tier because of that. I will handle an upgrade thread like it after the thread for the document may be done.

My question still stands. Please show me the 3-B feat, because i saw more than 5 galaxies in the backdrop of the VT fight so idk what you mean specifically.

Maybe you're correct, as the blast was somewhat omnidirectional then it passing by a galaxy a bit after Kirby flew away from it could mean that the other galaxies shown in the fight should have been covered too. Once again, it could use a calc, I can only say that.

Aight I'm still effi about the galaxy feat (i would like you to show me exactly what you mean)

But i need one question answered.
Will you do the 2-C upgrades or not? No Japanese guide stuff, no nothing, just tell me are we getting this soon and not in like a year or two, yes or no?

Also the omnidirectional blast did seem to be reaching the big black hole in the background and was coming towards the galaxies. There are indeed 2 galaxies i made a mistake. Though there was another one similar to them so it could be three. We only see 2 in the feat. Afterwards kirby and the gang are near popstar after the explosion with the debree somehow and we see less stars than usual despite the milky way being visible so it means that it should have destroyed celestial bodies.

But i need one question answered.
Will you do the 2-C upgrades or not? No Japanese guide stuff, no nothing, just tell me are we getting this soon and not in like a year or two, yes or no?
Right after we may have a CRT for that document above made and w/ the stuff in it added.

Idk and I don't think it matters. There is still a thread about adding a + to VT and anyone who scales to him, please focus on having that thread finished first.

Back