• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby Cosmology Upgrade

"Transcending" doesn't have to give a higher-dimensionality by default.

It easily could just mean existing separately from a place which doesn't say much for a tiering. I feel like our standards for Tier 1 would be really low if any and all "transcending" dimensions statements meant the verse is Tier 1.

In the Mario thread that got closed down, it was argued you need definitive proof beyond "transcending" that this other realm characters transcend to is qualitatively superior. I'm seeing none of that here, personally.

You can quite literally say "it connects other dimensions and universes" and these statements of "exceeding" and "transcending" would still be accurate. AD could simply just be a bigger separate 4-D structure linking to the rest of the worlds/universes/dimensions. The proof for exceeding time has a direct mention that placing the Galacta Knight thing on the timeline is hard because the road exceeds/transcends time and all that. Isn't this literally just another way of saying "time works different" for AD? It exceeds other's concept of time because time behaves differently, thus allowing for temporal anomalies as well as spacial ones. It's not saying time doesn't exist there at all, is it? Has that ever been stated? We need more than "exceeding time" because you could also descrive a character resisting time stop as "exceeding" of being "beyond" time.

Better proof were if we had a statement of it transcending universes AND dimensions, showing a clear distinction in what they mean by "dimensions" because the universes themselves are treated as and often referred to as dimensions. "Extra-dimensional" (you can have another dimension exists without it having to automatically be assumed to be a higher mathematical dimension), space between dimensions (which can very likely mean universes as we know Kirby uses them interchangeably), and arguing semantics behind translations isn't exactly great proof. It's all vague and highly interpretational. I feel like Tier 1 deserves more definitive qualifications as these seem rather, err... Generous, to say the least.

So no, I don't really ageee at the moment.
Well, the thing is that you could make this argument, but you'd also need proof to show that dimensions don't work in a reality to fiction matter or even that it's not referring to a character being of a higher level of existence due to contradictory feats. That's why I'm staying neutral, rather than blatantly disagreeing.

"Transcending" doesn't have to give a higher-dimensionality by default.

It easily could just mean existing separately from a place which doesn't say much for a tiering. I feel like our standards for Tier 1 would be really low if any and all "transcending" dimensions statements meant the verse is Tier 1.
"Transcending" isn't what this thread is about. I wish people would stop coming here misinformed about what the blog is about and actually read it the whole way through. I'll still count your disagreement, but so far, Ultima is the only one who actually went through the effort of arguing against the main point of my argument. The kanjis used in the OG Kirby descriptions and Tweets (超える) refer to an actual superiority. In this case, over the concepts of space, time and dimensions as a whole. It doesn't leave room for interpretation like the words "transcend" or "beyond" do. With this in mind, your best shot at debunking the upgrade is to say that I'm wrong about my usage of kanjis. By the tiering system, there's no other way this upgrade couldn't be legitimate. Ultima attempted this, but I'll debunk his refutes in my next big post. I'm also going to include a lot of my unused evidence that didn't make it into the blog so stay tuned for that.
In the Mario thread that got closed down, it was argued you need definitive proof beyond "transcending" that this other realm characters transcend to is qualitatively superior. I'm seeing none of that here, personally.

You can quite literally say "it connects other dimensions and universes" and these statements of "exceeding" and "transcending" would still be accurate. AD could simply just be a bigger separate 4-D structure linking to the rest of the worlds/universes/dimensions. The proof for exceeding time has a direct mention that placing the Galacta Knight thing on the timeline is hard because the road exceeds/transcends time and all that. Isn't this literally just another way of saying "time works different" for AD? It exceeds other's concept of time because time behaves differently, thus allowing for temporal anomalies as well as spacial ones. It's not saying time doesn't exist there at all, is it? Has that ever been stated?
If anything, the fact that time works weirdly in it and that it's seemingly called the "time realm" in an official Tweet supports Low 1-C more than anything else. (The space we see in Galacta-Knight's attack is extremely heavily implied to be Another Dimension and there's no other realm his attack name could realistically be referring to) Considering how blatant the statements are and the supplementary evidence, it takes less mental gymnastics to say that it's a bulk space than to say that "time works weirdly in an unexplored unspecific way, especially considering the users of Another Dimension's road get to chose when and where they want to go rather than being warped to a random coordinate as if it's just some... wacky time travel warp tube?
We need more than "exceeding time" because you could also descrive a character resisting time stop as "exceeding" of being "beyond" time.
"Likewise, it's not exactly uncommon for time travel (Or any action / process that affects something through different points in time) to be described as "transcending time and space." However, if it is specified that they "transcend space and time" in the sense that they exist on some higher level of reality that is outright superior to a spacetime continuum in nature, then they should be put at Low 1-C, assuming the continuum in question is one comprised of four dimensions."
-Tiering System FAQ

"Therefore, such descriptors are to be evaluated while taking into account the number of dimensions which the verse has been shown to entertain; for example, a character stated to exist above physical dimensions in relation to a 4-dimensional cosmology would be Low 1-C with no further context."
-Tierng System FAQ

"And the distance between two timelines is defined as the 5th dimension (Or a 4th spatial dimension) that separates two or more universes."
-Speed Page

https://vsbattles.com/threads/chaos-force-low-1-c-upgrade.113574/post-3632888 (See Ultima's reply. It's taken slightly out of context, but the fact remains that a realm's qualitative superiority over either space-time or dimensions is enough for Low 1-C)
Better proof were if we had a statement of it transcending universes AND dimensions, showing a clear distinction in what they mean by "dimensions" because the universes themselves are treated as and often referred to as dimensions.
If I can prove that the superiority over dimensions stated in this Tweet refers to mathematical dimensions rather than universes, will you agree with Low 1-C? If not, what more could possibly be needed?

"Transcending" isn't what this thread is about. I wish people would stop coming here misinformed about what the blog is about and actually read it the whole way through. I'll still count your disagreement, but so far, Ultima is the only one who actually went through the effort of arguing against the main point of my argument. The kanjis used in the OG Kirby descriptions and Tweets (超える) refer to an actual superiority. In this case, over the concepts of space, time and dimensions as a whole. It doesn't leave room for interpretation like the words "transcend" or "beyond" do. With this in mind, your best shot at debunking the upgrade is to say that I'm wrong about my usage of kanjis. By the tiering system, there's no other way this upgrade couldn't be legitimate. Ultima attempted this, but I'll debunk his refutes in my next big post. I'm also going to include a lot of my unused evidence that didn't make it into the blog so stay tuned for that.

If anything, the fact that time works weirdly in it and that it's seemingly called the "time realm" in an official Tweet supports Low 1-C more than anything else. (The space we see in Galacta-Knight's attack is extremely heavily implied to be Another Dimension and there's no other realm his attack name could realistically be referring to) Considering how blatant the statements are and the supplementary evidence, it takes less mental gymnastics to say that it's a bulk space than to say that "time works weirdly in an unexplored unspecific way, especially considering the users of Another Dimension's road get to chose when and where they want to go rather than being warped to a random coordinate as if it's just some... wacky time travel warp tube?

"Likewise, it's not exactly uncommon for time travel (Or any action / process that affects something through different points in time) to be described as "transcending time and space." However, if it is specified that they "transcend space and time" in the sense that they exist on some higher level of reality that is outright superior to a spacetime continuum in nature, then they should be put at Low 1-C, assuming the continuum in question is one comprised of four dimensions."
-Tiering System FAQ

"Therefore, such descriptors are to be evaluated while taking into account the number of dimensions which the verse has been shown to entertain; for example, a character stated to exist above physical dimensions in relation to a 4-dimensional cosmology would be Low 1-C with no further context."
-Tierng System FAQ

"And the distance between two timelines is defined as the 5th dimension (Or a 4th spatial dimension) that separates two or more universes."
-Speed Page

https://vsbattles.com/threads/chaos-force-low-1-c-upgrade.113574/post-3632888 (See Ultima's reply. It's taken slightly out of context, but the fact remains that a realm's qualitative superiority over either space-time or dimensions is enough for Low 1-C)

If I can prove that the superiority over dimensions stated in this Tweet refers to mathematical dimensions rather than universes, will you agree with Low 1-C? If not, what more could possibly be needed?
Tbf, I do agree with this. I think it's better to first read through the actual arguments and point out flaws in them rather than just denying stuff with misinformation. That said, I'm not overly knowledgeable when it comes to things like 1C or even 1B, hence I'll say neutral, something I've already said. But I do agree with this stuff here, but I will need to learn a bit more about this stuff before agreeing to this upgrade.

Bump
Which means that if the kanjis "超える" do refer to a superiority, rather than being outside or crossing something. you'll accept this as Low 1-C?
In the meantime, I'd like to know what your thoughts are on Kirby cosmology being "Likely" or "Possibly" Low 1-C.

I disagree. Simply Transcending, Exceeding or being above Space-Time isn't enough for Low 1-C. It must be made clear said transcendence is either on a Reality-Fiction level or the difference is uncountably infinite.
So are Persona and SMT not Low 1-C then?

I'm not sure what the point of comparison is, because unlike this the Expanse has more evidence to show the Expanse has the qualitative difference needed for Tier 1.

Bump.
Let's see this one through. I know these kinds of upgrades can be tiring, but we can't allow this to go down like the last thread.

Disagree FRA
Ok then. I'm just gonna have to ask you to please stick around for what's next. That pretty much applies to everyone on this thread (so they can see both sides of the argument before casting their final vote), but those in disagreement have a particularly weak foundation, which I'll explain in further detail once Ultima (and hopefully the other disagreeing members) reply to my points and questions.

List of questions for Ultima. I'm gonna go message him real quick. He seems to have forgotten about this.
Hmm, so what do you propose to be the tier???
Peptocoptr27 said:
Also, why would the Kirby verse having infinite universes even matter to a Low 1-C ranking to begin with?
Peptocoptr27 said:
What tier would being qualitatively superior to some 4D structures, but not all of them belong to? And again, how does that even work?
Arceus0x said:
Do you think the statements can in any way affect the tier? I still agree with low 1-C but I'm asking your opinion specifically
Peptocoptr27 said:
If, hypothetically, Another Dimension was confirmed to be beyond the mathematical concept of dimensions and not simply beyond parallel dimensions/universes, would that qualify for Low 1-C?

Hmmm..... in regards to the question to Another Dimension was confirmed to beyond the mathematical concept of dimensions... I do think it depends on case by case since in fiction, they normally never mentioned beyond the concept of mathematical concept of dimensions IIRC. Also as far as I am aware, having a infinite number of universes is a requirement as well as transcending dimensions being outright proven to being the case beyond 4D without a doubt.

Such in the case of the Nasuverse (although I questioning the cosmology scaling to all the Fate series and other none Fate related series, but I digress).

In the case of Kirby's cosmology being 2C and this Another dimension being beyond time and space... Wait... are we using a Twitter statement? I am conflicted on using Twitter statement.

On one hand, we are using WOG statements in order to prove this is Low 1C which is fair, but on the other hand, we are assuming this Twitter statement is being completely reliable as in the English language, the usage of Beyond has multiple definitions.

Now in regards to the other statements posted on the blog aside from the Twitter statement, I take a look at since those seem to being fair game

Hmmm, transcending time and space from the milverse statements does seem to being WOG statements I think. Not sure as the first statement doesn't have a link and the second one seems fine.

However, if we using WOG statements, those statements are required to not contradict what has been shown and stated in the game and at least give them more supporting evidence to say the least. Also if there are any retcons or any contradictions in the Kirby games, then all these statements will have to being evaluated more and likely get discarded as a result of the retcon or contradictions.

Also since this isn't upgrading any Kirby characters, it seems, I will maintain my neutral stance.

Last edited:
Also as far as I am aware, having a infinite number of universes is a requirement
That's not true and it doesn't even make sense anyway. Ultima said as much earlier:
It doesn't really matter, no. If you hold an uncountably infinite superiority over a Low 2-C structure, you're Low 1-C. Everything between 2-C and 2-A is just an extension of Low 2-C as is, so they're included in that.
So this whole point can be dropped.

as well as transcending dimensions being outright proven to being the case beyond 4D without a doubt.
As long as the superiority is qualitative and directly involves the pre-established dimensions of the verse, this isn't necessary. The FAQ says as much, and it's once again consistent with Ultima's current thoughts as seen here:
That doesn't really make much sense, no, and as for why, refer to the response immediately above this one.
(Look at the context behind this response)

Wait... are we using a Twitter statement?
Yes. Twitter statements are fair to use. They're already used on Galacta-Knight's profile, the current cosmology page and many other pages. Even non VS related sites.

On one hand, we are using WOG statements in order to prove this is Low 1C which is fair, but on the other hand, we are assuming this Twitter statement is being completely reliable as in the English language, the usage of Beyond has multiple definitions.
The kanjis that were originally used in descriptions relating to AD's relationship with space, time and dimensions aren't as vague as the word "beyond". They specifically mean being superior or better than something. You can translate them to "beyond" if you want, but the original meaning remains the same. I went over this in the blog and will continue to do so in further detail after Ultima replies to these questions:
Which means that if the kanjis "超える" do refer to a superiority, rather than being outside or crossing something. you'll accept this as Low 1-C?
In the meantime, I'd like to know what your thoughts are on Kirby cosmology being "Likely" or "Possibly" Low 1-C.
(The last one wasn't meant for him, but Foxthefox kind of left, so...)

Hmmm, transcending time and space from the milverse statements does seem to being WOG statements I think. Not sure as the first statement doesn't have a link and the second one seems fine.
The quotes used in my blog are pulled straight from a Google doc which translates official statements about AD. You can read it here. I only provided the links to some Japanese scans I could find. They're surprisingly hard to get your hands on. All you need to know is that these statements are official and canon. Any Kirby expert in or out the Wiki can agree.

However, if we using WOG statements, those statements are required to not contradict what has been shown and stated in the game and at least give them more supporting evidence to say the least. Also if there are any retcons or any contradictions in the Kirby games, then all these statements will have to being evaluated more and likely get discarded as a result of the retcon or contradictions.
Nothing contradicts it. I even went over the arguments that could be argued to be contradictions and debunked them. If anything, the lore supports it more than anything else. I also explain that in the blog and somewhat in the starting post of this thread.

That's not true and it doesn't even make sense anyway. Ultima said as much earlier:

So this whole point can be dropped.

As long as the superiority is qualitative and directly involves the pre-established dimensions of the verse, this isn't necessary. The FAQ says as much, and it's once again consistent with Ultima's current thoughts as seen here:

(Look at the context behind this response)

Yes. Twitter statements are fair to use. They're already used on Galacta-Knight's profile, the current cosmology page and many other pages. Even non VS related sites.

The kanjis that were originally used in descriptions relating to AD's relationship with space, time and dimensions aren't as vague as the word "beyond". They specifically mean being superior or better than something. You can translate them to "beyond" if you want, but the original meaning remains the same. I went over this in the blog and will continue to do so in further detail after Ultima replies to these questions:

(The last one wasn't meant for him, but Foxthefox kind of left, so...)

The quotes used in my blog are pulled straight from a Google doc which translates official statements about AD. You can read it here. I only provided the links to some Japanese scans I could find. They're surprisingly hard to get your hands on. All you need to know is that these statements are official and canon. Any Kirby expert in or out the Wiki can agree.

Nothing contradicts it. I even went over the arguments that could be argued to be contradictions and debunked them. If anything, the lore supports it more than anything else. I also explain that in the blog and somewhat in the starting post of this thread.
Hmm alrighty, but do keep in mind that transcending time and space statements are evaluated more closely.

Honestly I thought that was a requirement to having 2A cosmology as that is prior to all these revisions regarding Tier 1 part and onwards. (Could been wrong)

Anyway, back to this, the whole argument does relied on the interpretation of transcending time and space since transcending does have multiple meanings and to say otherwise is completely ignoring every single meanings of the word being used.

For example, transcending can mean surpassing the limitations of time and space and doesn't have to require to being superior to time and space.

However, I will note that while it is true that time is being treated a dimension, it is generally dimensionless in the sense of having no shape if memories served me right, but I digress.

For example, transcending can mean surpassing the limitations of time and space and doesn't have to require to being superior to time and space.
The words "transcending", "beyond" or anything of the likes have next to nothing to do with this thread. The focus needs to be shifted back to 超える.
213387822_1842814182546335_7843317180245313291_n.jpg

As soon as Ultima comes back, we'll discuss the specifics around these kanjis. In the meantime, are you staying neutral?

The words "transcending", "beyond" or anything of the likes have next to nothing to do with this thread. The focus needs to be shifted back to 超える.
213387822_1842814182546335_7843317180245313291_n.jpg

As soon as Ultima comes back, we'll discuss the specifics around these kanjis. In the meantime, are you staying neutral?

It kinda does as do keep in mind, the Japanese language has expanded for a long time and possibly beyond that so to say it has nothing to do with this thread I find to being nonsensical since we are literally using the definition of the kanji in question and therefore we should have to legit go into the interpretation of the character in question especially since you're using the English meanings.

Could you re-phrase that? Use more than one sentence if you have to because I can't understand what you're trying to say.

Could you re-phrase that? Use more than one sentence if you have to because I can't understand what you're trying to say.
Basically, my point is the kanji in question that involved the word "transcend" is using the english meanings and we are using a online dictionary that has connections to the English meaning of the word "transcend".

That is why I say earlier that the argument hinged on the interpretations of transcending as Ultima did mentioned this earlier in his comments prior to my comments in question.

Yes, because you CAN translate it to "transcend", but the point is the definition in question, not the many ways you can translate it in english.

Yes, because you CAN translate it to "transcend", but the point is the definition in question, not the many ways you can translate it in english.
Which it is since we are translating from Japanese to English and before you say otherwise, we are literally using the word "transcend" as it clearly show the word being translated from Japanese to English in your very own blog.

I find it being dishonest in avoiding the fact that we clearly using translations for a good reason.

You can translate it in many ways, most of which are vague and up to interpretation. That's why figuring out the exact meaning is so important. It helps figuring out the author's intent. When did I actually use the word "transcend" in my blog's translations?

You can translate it in many ways, most of which are vague and up to interpretation. That's why figuring out the exact meaning is so important. It helps figuring out the author's intent. When did I actually use the word "transcend" in my blog's translations?
"Kumazaki: The True Arena is like another “what if” scenario, so you can’t really consider everything to be connected. Furthermore, the extra-dimensional road that opens up when Galacta Knight appears transcends space-time, so it’s difficult to give it a concrete place in the timeline. But if you consider the stages in which Galacta Knight appeared in the past three games, I think that will give you some food for thought."

I believe it is this one since out of all the statements I have take a look so far, this one has "transcends" space-time right there.

Yeah, the localisation team had to option to translate it to "transcend" so they did. It can mean a superiority as much as it can mean existing outside of a structure. That's why we must prioritize the Japanese versions. Not only is Kirby extremely often mis-translated, but with in Japanese, questions of which defenition of a word is being used can be kept to a minimum. If we do prioritize the english version or at least use it as back-up evidence, the very fact that it's called an extra dimension should, by definition, make it 5D. Our standards call terms like these flowery language without further context which I guess is fair, but I also provide alot of the needed context in the blog and some of my previous replies.

Yeah, the localisation team had to option to translate it to "transcend" so they did. It can mean a superiority as much as it can mean existing outside of a structure. That's why we must prioritize the Japanese versions. Not only is Kirby extremely often mis-translated, but with in Japanese, questions of which defenition of a word is being used can be kept to a minimum. If we do prioritize the english version or at least use it as back-up evidence, the very fact that it's called an extra dimension should, by definition, make it 5D. Our standards call terms like these flowery language without further context which I guess is fair, but I also provide alot of the needed context in the blog and some of my previous replies.
Extra dimensional doesn’t necessarily require it to being 5D as the very definition of extra dimensional does mean https://www.definitions.net/definition/extradimensional

1. Originating outside the known physical reality of the universe.
  2. extradimensionaladjective
    Coming from a dimension outside Einsteinian space-time.

Extra dimensional doesn’t necessarily require it to being 5D as the very definition of extra dimensional does mean
You sent me the definition of "extra-dimensional" (adjective). What I said was was "extra dimension" (noun).
It's not like this matters though since this statement is exclusive to only one of the two English localizations. It's not contradicted by the Japanese texts tbf. In fact, it's even being supported by them, but I don't know if the same goes for the other way around. I have no idea if mis-translations are ever allowed as supporting evidence on this site, but we often use English statements without bothering to translate them, so who knows? Either way, this is FAR from being the main focus of the argument.

Back