• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind & Kingdom Hearts General Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!)

As I'm sure you've been made aware, the Kingdom Hearts III DLC Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind is now available for purchase. About a day ago from when I'm typing this, in fact!

Given that, I'm sure there are people who want to discuss it, & people who don't want to learn anything else about it before they experience the work for themselves, at their own pace.

So with that in mind: SPOILER WARNING

This thread is to discuss the Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind DLC. So you should try to avoid this thread if you are still wary of spoilers about that.

If you want, you can also discuss other Kingdom Hearts topics here, & are free to do so without concern for people being spoiled on such topics!

So let's discuss & have fun!

Okay, Re:Mind didn't add much for CRT stuff, it only supported a lot on the scaling we had before and that stuff, so there's not much to add.

Mickey and Xion get Forcefield Creation as they can cast Reflega

Sora's Power of Waking is practically confirmed to be combat applicable as he used it on Xehanort to rewrite his death, but it also has the side effect of it eventually nuking him from conventional existence, also type 1 Acausality and time travel for Sora, of course.

There's Yozora, but that's it when it comes to additions from Re:Mind.

I'm surprised that Mickey (and in some measures Xion) didn't already possessed Forcefield Creation though they will get it now so.

I kind of agree with this.

Yozora is by far the most interesting element of the DLC in terms of pure CRT. I would say he has Energy Manipulation and Projection in various ways, Teleportation of course, Absorption (he can literally steal and copy Sora's Keyblade for a time, wich makes him one of the most versatile and dangerous characters in the entire saga...i mean, the guy can literally copy Keyblades), Water Manipulation, Sealing (he can seal Sora in various ways) and Weapon Creation at least (since he can create Keyblades from the ground or in the air around Sora to attack him). I've also noted that he can morph one of his weapons (his crossbow i think) into drones to attack Sora.

In general, i really like this guy and how his powers appears to work. Like i said in the main threat, they look like some kind of video-based power, i like the fact that his abilities are more tech-based in terms of appearence in opposition to Sora's pure magical powers. And if i have to give him a tier, it would be "Possibly 3-A" to me considering he can fight a post endgame Sora, win in one ending and isn't even exhausted in the other when he loses.

Nomura has opened so many questions at this point with Yozora and the whole fiction=parallel universes and not even metioning the fact that Luxord might be originally from the Yozora universe as well.Of course, the original secret ending is probably the best clue of how most of these threads will converge with Masters of Masters and Riku being in the same world as Sora but I really hope we don't have to wait another 10 years of spin offs to find out about it.

Yeah, me to. I mean, KH III was good...but kind of disappointing, i mean i liked III but many thing we add in the DLC should have been in the game itself. And in general, I don't want to wait another decade to see what happens next. It would be very annoying. Nomura made us wait ten years for this, i think it was a little too long. And true, from what we know, Luxord seems to come from the Verum Rex universe, wich might belong to the genuine FF universe. Kind of cool i think (i mean, i actually genuinely loved FF XV and the XIII saga so it would be funny to Lightning appearing in the next games).

Just some things to add about Yozora : he can produce waves or energy, seems to have Telekinesis, can summon drones to attack Sora or trap him (so he would get Summoning), prevent Sora from healing himself to a certain point (Regenerationn Negation) and can basically create holograms that will explode to damage Sora (Explosion Manipulation).

"Blatant Power Mimicry, Forcefield Creation, Homing Attack, Danmaku, Flight, Invisibility, Afterimage Creation, Can steal the equipment of the opponent, Status Effect Inducement, Energy Projection, Portal Creation, Teleportation, Summoning (Can summon Gigas), and Duplication (Of himself), likely a concept manip resistance too because he can take hits from Sora to a degree"

The above is a rough list I did before of what powers Yozora holds

I didn't see a Portal Creation power but i know i've missed things so i guess this is true. I agree for the rest though. And yeah, since he can take hits from Sora, he will get Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation and Existence Erasure i think.

Also Law Manip as he is not bound to a single world.

The Portal Creation likely slipped in by accident, yeah.

Yep.

I wish we got a name for how his powers manifest. Again, i really like that his Energy Manipulation & Projection look like he's projecting data or pixels.

Noted other stuff about Yozora :

- He can create some kind of artifical sun to alter gravity (Gravity Manipulation).

- He can steal a Kupo Coin if you have it in your inventory and use it to revive himself and regenerate his health (up to half of it).

I think that Yozora should also have Summoning for his weapons and Dimensional Travel for transporting himself and Sora to the Station of Awakening and then to Shibuya.

Summoning at least i totally agree with it. Don't know about DT though, but it's becauuse i'm not sure if it's really him whot transported them to Shibuya (though it seems he did it so....).

Maybe.

So who's gonna make the profile ? Ican if it's ok for everyone, just gonna need a complete list of his abilities. Also, is it me or this is fight might even be more difficult than the one with Mysterious Figure ? XD

Teleportation, Power Absorbtion (Can absorb Sora's Powers including his Keyblade), Water Manipulation, Sealing, Transformation (Can transform his crossbow into drones), Weapon Creation (Can create duplicates of Sora's Keyblade while using it himself), Telekinesis,Regenerationn Negation (Can prevent Sora from healing), Explosion Manipulation, Power Mimicry, Forcefield Creation, Homing Attack, Danmaku, Flight, Invisibility, Afterimage Creation, Can steal the equipment of the opponent, Status effect Inducement, Energy Manipulation, Summoning (Can summon his weapons, drones and Gigas), Duplication, Gravity Manipulation possibly Dimensional Travel ( seems to have transported himself and Sora from the Final World to the Station of Awakening and then to Shibuya but the exact details are unknown), Resistance against Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2), Existence Erasure, Law Manipulation

This is what I have gathered from the thread. Maybe we should add intangible attacks to the list since he can create Keyblade duplicates below the ground and attack with them.

I have been searching for pictures a little bit but this is the best I have found so far: https://i.redd.it/ybjv5537bd341.jpg.

Your picture seems to be better in terms of quality but it is also darker and doesn't show his complete body.

Yeah, i know. But i don't think there is a truly good picture that shows his full body. Maybe another one i found.

That picture seems good enough to me but am I simply imagining it or does Yozora's skin really have a weird color in this picture?

Since everything has a heart and we are giving everyone in the verse Abstract Existance (Type 2) based on that I don't see why the answer to that would be no.

Yeah, that's obviously the case (Regarding Abstract Existence for Yozora).

As for the tier, yeah, he obviously scales to Sora either way.

Ok. Then i'm preparing the profile, i think it's gonna be ready for tomorrow (it's 22:10 by now for me). If that's ok for everyone of course.

Just to say, apparently the canon is ultimately the one where Sora wins. Do we mention the ending where he lost in the profile as some sort of testament of Yozora's AP ? No i think, right ?

I think the answer to that is no since it isn't canon. He definitely doesn't get treated as massively inferior and Sora won against him so they should be comparable.

ArkhamDC06 said:
Just to say, apparently the canon is ultimately the one where Sora wins. Do we mention the ending where he lost in the profile as some sort of testament of Yozora's AP ? No i think, right ?
Source on which ending is canon?

Re:Mind's playable Roxas section should give him Water Manipulation.

Since the Guardians of Light were all flying and fighting in the air just fine in their fight against the Xehanort Replicas Riku's Restricted Flight should just be changed to outright Flight. Kairi would get Flight from her fight against the armored Xehanort with thirteen Keyblades as well. In addition to that she would also gain Energy Manipulation and Teleportation from the fight.

In Mickey's beam struggle with the Xehanort Replicas he created a glyph. That should qualify him for Glyph Creation.

I agree with all of this. Kairi also took several level in badass against Xehanort. That was cool. But is it me or i have the impression that Xehanort somehow splitted in two parts ? Like his true body was his "light" counterpart with the X-Blade and the armor you fight in the DLC is his Darkness counterpart. Kind of like the Emperor in FF II. Not saying this is what happens, just saying it has this vibe somehow.

Well, the Xehanort Replicas contained parts of Xehanort's heart and if I interpreted the scene correctly, they combined in order to form the DLC armor so maybe your impression is actually right. Now that I think about it, would that give Xehanort some kind of Fusionism?

Back