• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts General Discussion Thread

Would it be a good idea for Ansem to have a key for when he possessed Riku?

it has almost the exact same abilities as Kh 1 Ansem but I guess it should be added
If I'm not wrong, due to possessing Riku Ansem would have Riku's abilities similar to Terra-Xehanort and he would have the Keyblade of heart in addition to that.

oh yah forgot to say the keyblade part but iirc Ansem should be stronger than possesed Riku
Well, I guess he wouldn't be able to make use of his Heartless Physiology while possessing Riku. Anything else you can think of?

Well, I guess he wouldn't be able to make use of his Heartless Physiology while possessing Riku. Anything else you can think of?
nope Bob’s the expert on that kind of thing. I just vaguely remember something about Final Boss Ansem In Kh1 Being stronger than Possesed Riku Since He is the Final Boss and Possessed Riku was fought before him If you get what I’m trying to say.

nope Bob’s the expert on that kind of thing. I just vaguely remember something about Final Boss Ansem In Kh1 Being stronger than Possesed Riku Since He is the Final Boss and Possessed Riku was fought before him If you get what I’m trying to say.
I think I get it.

Man, it’s crazy that Kingdom Hearts is getting such a massive downgrade. I would have thought at least the Zeus feat would stick.

So does that mean Death Battle was right?

The Zeus feat in the best case scenario has no proof whatsoever that it would scale to Zeus physically, making it unusable either way.
Right now, this could be applied to the profiles with no issue
Here's the statement confirming that to become a Nobody, an strong will is required, BTW
However, regarding this for Keyblade Wielders, an strong Heart doesn't necessarily translates into an strong will, Yen Sid even states that to become a Nobody an strong will and Heart are separate, but necessary things to become one, meaning that only Sora, Roxas, Xion, Axel, Xehanort, Terra and maybe some others qualify for it outside Nobodies.
Nobody Physiology: Supernatural Willpower: To become a Nobody, an strong will is required
Others: Supernatural Willpower (Has been able to be a Nobody, for which this is required)

Last edited:
What a time to bring this back to life with this:
Oh, in other news...

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Full-Famitsu-interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-9772
Nomura: The Toy Story world isn’t simply a sort of abridged telling of the original Toy Story plot with Sora and co. being thrown in. The events that occur take place after the 2nd movie. The setting of the story is not in a parallel plane to the original. Everything that happens in KH3 will be on the same timeline as the Toy Story series.
https://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-3-Ultimania-Main-Nomura-Interview-Translated-14763
—We were surprised at how the plot of the Pixar worlds were continuations of the original movies.
Nomura: Originally, the basic pattern of the KH series was that Sora and the others get involved in scenes that depict the happenings of the original films. The Tangled and Frozen worlds fit that description. However, with Toy Story and Monsters Inc., upon request from the creators, we went with a pattern of depicting a period set after the movie as an "authorized history." Which pattern a world would follow depended greatly on the ideas of the creators and producers of the movies.
https://www.khinsider.com/news/Fami...Nomura-on-Kingdom-Hearts-3-from-E3-2018-12755
--We heard that the Toy Story world forms also took a lot of back-and-forth with Pixar.
Nomura: Yes. At one point, there was a time when they were going to look like pixel characters. Like pixel art made 3D. As we adjusted them to look more realistic, they began to look more like figurines - which is how they ended up with their current look.
https://www.khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-Kingdom-Hearts-3-development-progress-Switch-and-Xbox-9875
-I see. Next, in this world, Sora will appear to be as a toy. There's a certain impact to seeing him like that.
Nomura: To get to his current state, the Kingdom Hearts team's art directors designed him after much discussion with Pixar. And so, just as with previous installments, there will be worlds where, upon visiting, Sora, Donald and Goofy's outfits will change.
https://www.khinsider.com/news/Full-Famitsu-interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-9772
— I see. Something that’s definitely a hot topic this time is the announcement of the “Toy Story” world. Having been so eagerly awaiting this moment, it’s sort of like a “It’s finally here!” feeling inside.
Nomura: I’ve been wanting to add Toy Story in from since KH2, so even for me, I’m welled up with emotion finally seeing it implemented. For KH3, a Toy Story world was absolutely necessary. With these thoughts, and after many discussions, here we are. Just like we did back with KH1, we had to relentlessly consult with all related parties… It was quite a long process (laughs). For example, when John Lasseter(+) had come over to Japan, I was asked about the way I was thinking of implementing the worlds(++), and I would tell him about the types of things I wanted to include, and so on.
+ Chief creative officer of Pixar
++ It’s not clear whether or not he’s talking about one or many worlds
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...challenges-and-rewards-of-working-with-disney
"The solution became to place the plotline between Toy Story movies (specifically 2 and 3), satisfying Nomura's vision, Pixar's restrictions and creating a strange extra consequence: "I said, 'Okay, so is it fair to assume that Woody and Buzz, and friends, remember Sora and everybody coming? Is it part of the story now?' and they were like, 'yeah,' and I was kind of like, 'Oh! Okay.'" "

In summary, it's clear that KH is indeed canon to Toy Story, Pixar and Disney seem to agree on this, so now any issue may come from some misunderstanding or some strict standard over canon crossovers.

Isn't the main issue that Toy Story 3 & 4 characters never once reference this journey they had with Sora? This seems moreso like Minecraft Storymode, where Toy Story is canon to KH, but KH isn't canon to Toy Story.

Isn't the main issue that Toy Story 3 & 4 characters never once reference this journey they had with Sora? This seems moreso like Minecraft Storymode, where Toy Story is canon to KH, but KH isn't canon to Toy Story.
Toy Story 3 came out before KHIII, so to expect a reference there would be unreasonable. Toy Story 4 happens years after the characters would have met Sora, so no mention of him is actually reasonable since the storyline isn't dependent on Kingdom Hearts. The following text from one of the websites Bobsican linked gives an idea of how Nomura views the relationship between the stories of Kingdom Hearts and Toy Story, and how he got Pixar to agree.

"Nomura explains that his vision for Kingdom Hearts has always been that Sora and friends canonically arrive in Disney’s worlds. That didn’t suit the Toy Story team. “When I first brought this to Pixar and I asked about doing that, they were like, ‘Actually, no. The Toy Story story is complete. It's a complete package the way it is, and we can't really change that.’ I told them if I'm going to do this in the Kingdom Hearts way, then it's going to become a case of, ‘Actually, Sora and his friends did come into the world.’”

The solution became to place the plotline between Toy Story movies (specifically 2 and 3), satisfying Nomura’s vision, Pixar’s restrictions and creating a strange extra consequence: “I said, ‘Okay, so is it fair to assume that Woody and Buzz, and friends, remember Sora and everybody coming? Is it part of the story now?’ and they were like, ‘yeah,’ and I was kind of like, ‘Oh! Okay.’”"

Kingdom Hearts 3: The Challenges and Rewards of Working With Disney - IGN

To add on the above, the main issue that got it declined was the main statement being poorly translated, which is why I went ahead and looked around for a better translation over his statement that confirms that the events are on the same timeline as in the Toy Story series.

BTW I keep seeing something on the VS Battle page for Ansem or some of the other characters. Something about Ansem destroying Radiant Garden, which puts him at multi-continental, can someone run me through that?

High 6-A is most likely becoming outdated out of the latest CRT, so I wouldn't count on that.
Regardless, I don't remember that being used to justify High 6-A at all

High 6-A is most likely becoming outdated out of the latest CRT, so I wouldn't count on that.
Regardless, I don't remember that being used to justify High 6-A at all
one more question. I noticed you were one of the ones responsible for calculating the Radiant Garden feat. You said something about it being three star systems away because it isn't on the map. But when we look at the world map for BBS its on the same map as the keyblade graveyard. Wouldn't it be in the same star system? Technically RG isn't playable in KH3 so of course it isn't on the map.

Oh, you mean that feat, that's for speed, not AP.

Anyways, KHIII goes more explicit in terms of the cosmology, so I'd give more priority to it than BbS, especially with worlds popping in and out of it consistently out of the Lanes Between changing (That's a good chunk of the plot of KHII, for example), but the worlds themselves don't move from where they are normally, so it'd be consistent.

Not a major edit but as said on the conceptual thread, I was rewatching a walkthrough of 1.5 and during one of the Disney villains council scenes, we see Maleficent creating images of Sora and his friends during their journey while talking to the other villains so I suggest she gets Illusion Creation

I honestly don't think that's really necessary, it's not that big of a deal and not gonna change many things for the verse at large, unless you've planned to make a larger edit with more stuff and you feel like including this with the rest

Yeah, there's some other minor stuff planned, so I may as well add those to the list.

Stuff ranging from just Data-Sora getting minor abilities to Yozora getting some power nerfs.

I was going to bump the conceptual CRT, but ended up bumping the wrong thread.
In any case I thought it'd be fine to do here either way, even if unintended, given that about a day passed since the last post and all.

I was going to bump the conceptual CRT, but ended up bumping the wrong thread.
In any case I thought it'd be fine to do here either way, even if unintended, given that about a day passed since the last post and all.
Okay.

A canonical reference to the Mirage Arena would be pretty nice in my opinion.

Back