• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts General Discussion Thread

No yensid makes it very very clear that it was indeed a dream at the end of the game, I honestly believe they never went back in time, because of that Spontaneous Ursula from the start of the game. I wasn't ever referring to the portion of the game with Xemnas, but later after the final boss when riku dives back into sora to wake him up after the Norts attempt to hijack his body.
Yen Sid explicitly said they went back to their early KHI era, back when Destiny Islands got consumed into darkness, and Ursula really has no explanation so far, but it doesn't really matter for the rest overall.
Sora was still unconscious as his "heart" was still sleeping out of being in the very depths of darkness, not "normally" sleeping.

Yen Sid explicitly said they went back to their early KHI era, back when Destiny Islands got consumed into darkness, and Ursula really has no explanation so far, but it doesn't really matter for the rest overall.
Sora was still unconscious as his "heart" was still sleeping out of being in the very depths of darkness, not "normally" sleeping.
It's explained 'at the end' of the game, that the norts entered 'sora's dream' and riku dove into sora's dream instinctly and that's why he's wearing the dream eater symbol throughout the game, again 'at the end of the game' it's said sora hasn't awaken form the test and riku is sent to dive into sora's heart to wake him up, he's sent over Micky because he had dove into sora's heart before during the test and had more experience.
The explanation for Ursula is that it's a dream. It's late for me and this is kinda going in circles , so it's best we just call it done and move on

Uhh... they didn't, Xigbar even confirms that they can't put stuff into his head, and Riku became a Dream Eater by accident, and no, they weren't sleeping from the start, remember the Drop mechanic? That's why they often just fall sleep or so.

I never got to play dream drop so i guess im gonna have to watch a dream drop summary if i want to follow

Uhh... they didn't, Xigbar even confirms that they can't put stuff into his head, and Riku became a Dream Eater by accident, and no, they weren't sleeping from the start, remember the Drop mechanic? That's why they often just fall sleep or so.
Ug I'll do one more
in the same breath the man said that's why they did all this, they can't 'just' put things in his head they need an opportunity, the test? There golden opportunity. Riku 'accidently' became a dream eater *by* driving into sora's dream. The drop mechanic has no explanation beyond possibly the norts meddling, I don't understand what you think the drop mechanic has to do with this.

Ug I'll do one more
in the same breath the man said that's why they did all this, they can't 'just' put things in his head they need an opportunity, the test? There golden opportunity. Riku 'accidently' became a dream eater *by* driving into sora's dream. The drop mechanic has no explanation beyond possibly the norts meddling, I don't understand what you think the drop mechanic has to do with this.
Mmm... I don't remember the details too well, I may reply later, oh, and I contacted Ploz just in case.
And sorry for the double post.

That was because they were in the sleeping worlds, there worlds that should be stagnate by nature (as yensid said they haven't 'woken up' yet after being freed from darkness) and also also, it was confirmed that was sora's dream, that the whole game was sora's dream! And riku was in sora's dream, and that he went 'back' into sora's *dream* at the end of the game for the questionair that's normally at the start of these games.

Anyway, the implication is the only way to enter the sleeping worlds is by dreaming yourself, the fact this is all explicitly a dream, and explicitly sora's dream at that makes the 'timespeed' applieing to other worlds rather inappropriate. As time is oftenly finicky in dreams, I bet it's a reference to that. Dosen't the character with strange angle wings that appear when you leave the world the first time basically say it's because the world's a dream that that happened?
When was it ever stated that the timespeed differs because of it being in a dream? Riku explicitly stated that it is normal for worlds to have different passages of time and they even mentioned that in Dark Road again. The only thing for which the events in 3D happening in a dream is used to explain is why the two Traverse Towns have different speeds for the passage of time despite seemingly being parallel worlds.

Last edited:
Well, they were temporal, as soon as the forum move started I no longer have much of a reason to have them.

Well my school day has finished so I'm back, I've looked back at some of the thing I said, and I most definitely was also talking from memory very late at night, i seemed to have been very confident last night that yensid spelled out what I was saying about sora in plan text, but thinking about it more I'm almost certain it happens in a recape.. in a different cutscene in that room.. maybe it's at the end of the game? I'm not sure, it could of been in one of the added cutscenes from 1.5 or 2.5 for all I remember

I am rather certain in my statement that it was sora's dream because of some other things I remember, but I'm starting to think it wasn't anywhere near as 'spelled out' as I remember it being I'd probably need to reply the game to sort all this out for myself but

For you
When was it ever stated that the timespeed differs because of it being in a dream? Riku explicitly stated that it is normal for worlds to have different passages of time and they even mentioned that in Dark Road again. The only thing for which the events in 3D happening in a dream is used to explain is why the two Traverse Towns have different speeds for the passage of time despite seemingly being parallel worlds.
Rike essentially says it Intuitively makes sense to him that different worlds might have different times (I do not remember his exact language, as I've made apparent it's been awhile sense I played the game) however as you've said, it's explained to be the reason because rike also thought 'parallel worlds' should have similar times, and they reach the conclusion this world is a dream (of course the other character present seemingly had long sense reach this conclusion) you say it's the only time the explanation is used, but it's the only time 'separate timespeeds' come up in that game

As well Riku has no reason to be a reliable source here, he hasn't studied the worlds like either ansem character or his apprentices, he isn't a active time traveler like xeanort bringing 13 versions of himself together, the closes he has come to something like that is his time working with Diz and Namana, and it isn't implyed he took an active role in the research. Riku is well traveled among the worlds, that's his best qualification, and it dosen't make him a scientist.

I have not played dark road yet. (I Haven't even finished the union cross missions yet man!) I can't speak for it, but if separate time stuff comes up there I'd fine that much more applicable to the rest of the franchise then it happening in one of the sleeping worlds

Upgrades, nice.
Playing through dream drop distance now. The white haired angle winged guy actually says tarvers town is his dream, and that he knew riku and sora's names because he dreamed them, (in the following cutscene it cuts back to yensid in his chair talking at riku and sora about dreams connecting and the exam mission test and the 7 sleeping key holes, so not sure yet how it applies to the lore discussion above)
So he was made of dreams at one point, IDK if the wiki has a physiology for that.. dream eaters should probably have it? Do they already? Is it a thing?

Playing through dream drop distance now. The white haired angle winged guy actually says tarvers town is his dream, and that he knew riku and sora's names because he dreamed them, (in the following cutscene it cuts back to yensid in his chair talking at riku and sora about dreams connecting and the exam mission test and the 7 sleeping key holes, so not sure yet how it applies to the lore discussion above)
So he was made of dreams at one point, IDK if the wiki has a physiology for that.. dream eaters should probably have it? Do they already? Is it a thing?
Well, we have a Dream Eater Physiology page.

Mmm... if we ever do a Data-Roxas profile, he seems to have Forcefield Creation

Mmm... I see, but it's still something to take note of just in case.

In other news... KHIII is becoming DMC more and more...

I don't think that they've ever really fought.
It seems weird that there are profiles for the Kingdom Hearts versions of Winnie the Pooh characters, but not these two. Besides that, they displayed things such as Memory Manipulation, Data Manipulation, and Darkness Manipulation, even though it may be considered limited.

Last edited:
It seems weird that there are profiles for the Kingdom Hearts versions of Winnie the Pooh characters, but not these two. Besides that, they displayed things such as Memory Manipulation, Data Manipulation, and Darkness Manipulation, even though it may be considered limited.
I really don't know much about how profiles for non-combatants work.

Well, Naminé could get a profile as apprently she could take a hit from Larxene.
Ansem the Wise, however... well, he's too featless for that currently.

should we add winnie the pooh to the profile deletion thread? since it is basically just an average human with resistance to data manip or smth.

should we add winnie the pooh to the profile deletion thread? since it is basically just an average human with resistance to data manip or smth.
you delete them
First, we've allowed characters in tier 10 so long they have something to index in the Powers and Abilities section.

Second of all, non-combating characters are allowed, see Barney the Dinosaur.

Also, the wide CRT will drop soon, although I'll drop it in parts to handle the most crucial parts first and avoid a mess, so please don't do any KH CRTs threads for now.

Imo Winnie the pooh should be removed I mean you already have his canon version and the only difference of this from a normal human is that it has resistance to data manip and astral projection.

Also even though Barney is a non combatant character he has alot of cool abilities. I was talking about almost regular characters with high intelligence or smth like that

Well, Naminé could get a profile as apprently she could take a hit from Larxene.
Ansem the Wise, however... well, he's too featless for that currently.
Well, there is the explosion of his data machine in KH2, but I guess that could be considered kind of iffy. Maybe an Unknown profile.

Though I understand the hesitancy to make one though since they are non-combatants currently.

Last edited:
Imo Winnie the pooh should be removed I mean you already have his canon version and the only difference of this from a normal human is that it has resistance to data manip and astral projection.

Also even though Barney is a non combatant character he has alot of cool abilities. I was talking about almost regular characters with high intelligence or smth like that
Trust me, I've deleted a lot of profiles with more minor differences, a better point could be made for Tigger as he's kinda featless, however.

Anyways...

Here's the large CRT!

Okay, it's been done (Notable Attacks/Techniques -> Keyblade Techniques -> KHIII -> Formchanges)
I couldn't think of a way to fit the justification, but eh, we already say that it can be instant.
Edit: NVM, I forgot I could just link over some text.
Keychange_Formchanging_%2B_Combo_Cancel.gif

I originally had this to showcase Formchange switching, but the above keeps it more clear and fast-pased
Keychange_Formchanging_KHIII.gif

Last edited:
Thanks.

So this isn't a one-liner and we get an actual discussion going... it has been brought up the following in our Discord chat:

- Inorganic Physiology for Space Paranoids/The Grid for Sora, Donald, Goofy and Riku (This should be fine, they are simply data there, and that has been given to Digimon for similar reasons, so it should be fine on paper)

- Clean-up on Riku's Resistances between Pre-Keyblade and KHI (Apparently they intersect, and so they could be cleaned up to avoid redundancy)
I have already done the clean-up for Riku so should I add the Inorganic Physiology for the data forms or should we wait for more input?

I don't think so, it's fairly minor, just make sure to specify from where it's from.

I believe that Donald and Mickey qualify for Small Size (Type 0). Goofy should qualify for Small Size (Type 0 or 1) in his Pride Lands and Atlantica forms.

Back