• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts General Discussion Thread

yeah, it is pretty obivous the second thing is pretty much a joke about the "Ships". dont ask me about that.

Kingdom Hearts in a nutshell

0uwrcnp3dkp31.jpg

Yeah, it's a joke account.
Also, everyone moved to a Discord server, DM me for details

Hi, I know that most discussions for the verse happens in the Discord, but since I am constantly in and off this wiki I will write in here just to inform that I am currently working on a revision for Light and Darkness that if accepted will, hopefully, make most of the character's hax that comes from this elements Low 1-C, althought I think that it is a bit redundant since that should have been automatic the moment the cosmology got upgraded.
It will also tackle another thing, but before I go too deep into that I prefer to ask here for clarifications: is there a specific reason as to why Pureblood Heartless never got Abstract Existence Type 1? Because while the Emblems are created throught a machine that replicate the creation of a Heartless, Pureblood are straight up the Darkness in a person Heart, so I think that they should qualify, but I might be unaware of some reason as to why it was never proposed.

It's because they're very much physical, and type 1 AE would require their "true" beings to be incorporeal, which isn't the case, beyond what'd fall as type 2 AE.
That was discussed in depth before IIRC, in fact.

Thanks for the answer, thought this leaves me with some doubts. When a Heartless is born, they leave their body behind, with said body fading from existence, and they are unable to create a new one because of the whole "the Heart is the reason the body exists" stuff. And in Destiny Island, when Sora have only his wooden sword, his attacks faze throught the Shadows, with him being unable to actually hit them. And the fact that when he reach the Hollow Bastion (after his Heart became strong enough to be actually worth of the Keyblade) he is able to actually hit the Heartless even with that wooden sword makes me believe that the attacks fazing throught the Shadow wasn't a gameplay thing but a way to show that the Shadow are immune to physical attacks because of their nature of being Darkness.
Thought there might be some anti-feat that I don't rememer that could throw this argument out of the window. The only time that I remember some Heartless being hit physically by stuff was when Iago made some boxes fall on a group of Heartless, but they were Emblems which are born in a different way than Pureblood and the fact they have a Heart means that they can have a body. All the other times I think that they were hit by characters, which since they have strong Hearts make sense that they would be able to hit and hurt them. But as I said before there might be an anti-feat of a Pureblood being hit regularly that I am overlooking and that could disprove everything I just said.
Anyways, given that it might be a controversial topic, I will leave it out of the revision for the time being.

Oh, that's just a game mechanic, as:

• In vanilla KHI (aka, not the Final Mix version), damage can be done to Shadows with the wood sword, even if quite little
  • Roxas can beat up Heartless in Days with a normal random stick (Day 96)
  • Also the Iago stuff you mentioned indeed, although that's a weaker case for the reasons you said

If anything I think Shadows and other "normal" Heartless scaling to 2-B isn't a bad idea with this in mind, Roxas at the time was quite above KHI Sora already, and even Shadows are made a big deal in KHI even for a novice Keyblade wielder

• In vanilla KHI (aka, not the Final Mix version), damage can be done to Shadows with the wood sword, even if quite little
  • Roxas can beat up Heartless in Days with a normal random stick (Day 96)
  • Also the Iago stuff you mentioned indeed, although that's a weaker case for the reasons you said

If anything I think Shadows and other "normal" Heartless scaling to 2-B isn't a bad idea with this in mind, Roxas at the time was quite above KHI Sora already, and even Shadows are made a big deal in KHI even for a novice Keyblade wielder
  • Final Mix came later and that seems like a pretty specific change which makes it seem like a deliberate thing.
  • Unless you treat any not magical weapon used against Heartless also as evidence then I don't see why Roxas using a stick would prove anything.
  • Seems like a valid case. One thing to remember in this case is that neither hearts nor darkness are really physical things though them being able to manifest in a physical manner does seem conceivable.
We should keep in mind here that Heartless can vary in strength based on the amount of darkness.

It'd be evidence, yeah, especially when basically a good portion of the Disney characters (with Iago being one of the few directly on a scene) can hit them and so on.
And yeah, the strength of a Heartless can vary.

Heya
i'd like to play KH3, but this week i'll be playing Union Kye (don't even know if its a game or a movie like Days)
I've played and watched everything (except CoM and DDD because i couldn't tank those battle systems (i've watched those in YT) and Re:Coded as i've been told it's not exactly important) that PS4's The Story So Far provide.
Anything i should do or Union Kye then 3? Union Kye's a fine game?

You mean Union X? If so, it's a smartphone gacha that was long shut down, you can only watch the cutscenes nowadays, so I'd recommend checking this, note that the game originally was just KHX, then Unchained X, then rebranded to Union X, and the first one only released in Japan, and the playlist I've provided provides a fan-translation to it while also making the chronology over it make more sense (the game has the cutscenes listed out of order, I often had to explain the ending of KHX as Unchained/Union X happens right after). Also note that this skips most Disney worlds as they're filler.

I'd also note that this is a "make your avatar" game, so the main character's appearance and gender is up to the player, and the "card" stuff got retconned into medals for out-of-verse marketing reasons (people were mistaking this as a card game).

Re:Coded was handled poorly like Days on the "HD cutscene compilation", while it's filler on paper it's quite relevant for powerscaling purposes out of scaling involving one of the main antagonists of it, and it's a good NDS game, so I'd recommend checking it out if you can.

Last edited:
Re:Coded was handled poorly like Days on the "HD cutscene compilation", while it's filler on paper it's quite relevant for powerscaling purposes out of scaling involving one of the main antagonists of it, and it's a good NDS game, so I'd recommend checking it out if you can.

Yeah, I agree with this. On the subject of the DS games of the series, I honestly do find them to be underrated in some ways even if the gameplay wasn't on the same level of the console games. The cutscene compilation doesn't really work super well for me personally. I find myself agreeing a lot with the takes of this youtuber below as far as the effectiveness of 358/2 Days storytelling.

The cutscene compilation doesn't really work super well for me personally.
I confess I was really happy when my cousin (a reference for me of a knowledgeable person in KH) told me "ignore that sh*t" because i couldn't bare another 3h movie but this time without what made the other one any interesting (I swear, Roxas and Axel held me hostage to that poor storytelling (to say the least))

But apparently I'm losing much on the DS, so imma check them out later, since from what I understood, lorewise (the thing that matters to me rn) there were additions in those movies and in DDDs ps4 port.

But talking about what I think I'll be playing this week...

You mean Union X
It was the kye letter in the back of the port, that's what got me confused...
What should I do with the ps4 version of it? It's best to watch a video or play it there? What even is in ps4 lmao?

The PS4 thing (X Back Cover) happens at the same time as KHX, it gives the perspective of other characters that will become relevant later in the series, you can watch it (there's no gameplay, it's a sort of movie) before checking the smartphone gacha stuff.

After all of that then play 0.2 and you're ready for KHIII.

The PS4 thing (X Back Cover) happens at the same time as KHX, it gives the perspective of other characters that will become relevant later in the series, you can watch it (there's no gameplay, it's a sort of movie) before checking the smartphone gacha stuff.

I belive Back Cover begins before the KW but yeah, most events are happening at the same time

KHX also happens before the Keyblade War, in fact mainly after that is when Union X starts.

I've already played 0.2
I was following this guide:
images

But the only thing that's lackin is 3 and Union Cross

Don't play it chronologically, release order is best, as otherwise stuff meant to be plot twists will fly over your head, let alone new information reliant on previously-released stuff will just make the plot a headache. otherwise.
For example, Days spoils most of KHII, starting the series with the smartphone gachas can easily discourage newcomers from getting into the series, BbS is one of the most unbalanced games in the series, Ventus can be mixed up with Roxas, etc.

Last edited:
Don't play it chronologically, release order is best, as otherwise stuff meant to be plot twists will fly over your head, let alone new information reliant on previously-released stuff will just make the plot a headache. otherwise.
For example, Days spoils most of KHII, starting the series with the smartphone gachas can easily discourage newcomers from getting into the series, BbS is one of the most unbalanced games in the series, Ventus can be mixed up with Roxas, etc.
so, i've almost finished doing sh*t and now will start doing correctly with the last thing before 3 lol
just checking:
so i watch what you brought then "play" what's in the PS4's compilation then play 3...correct?

Yeah.

KHIII, like KH3D, also has a recap of past titles, in this case on the title screen as some short videos, so you can also check those when you get there.

Hey, I know this isn't KH initself but is there a Disney Mirrorverse thread? I'm kind of interested in it and have ideas of profiles for several characters like Maleficent Hades, Jafar, Jack Sparrow and Scrooge and the official book has lines that contain VERY interesting potential (as in, universe level potential)

Last edited:
About 4, I just got done with the exam stuff, although the wiki forum is going quite slow and there's quite a lot to write on something I'm working on to debunk skill on a certain Touhou character.
Aight
Since it's off-topic imma head to your profile

Made the Disney Mirrorverse thread if someone is interested

Made the Disney Mirrorverse thread if someone is interested

I'm sort of interested and watching the thread though I will most likely not participate due to a lack of familiarity with Disney Mirrorverse.

I'm sort of interested and watching the thread though I will most likely not participate due to a lack of familiarity with Disney Mirrorverse.
I mean, I honestly don't have a lot either, like I said in the thread I'm not playing the game, I just stumbled upon it recently and I found profile potential by reading the book online, I'm planning on watching story parts on YT to know about potential feats and power levels between characters asap (though it will be difficult since I'm ALSO busy with stuff like Mortal Kombat on the wiki, the next AC game which will be released like in five days and some) so if you have the time to read some stuff or are interested, go ahead (it'd also help if you people interested in that verse tbh)

Back