• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts Discussion

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Figured it'd be better for those who like or follow the series to talk it all through here.

Anyways, this thread is made here for the purpose (would that be even the right word to say it?) to talking and discussing about Kingdom Hearts, weather it's say about the games, the lore and worlds surronding it, or perhaps to talk about the upcoming KH 2.8 and 3 games coming this year and likely somewhere early next year in 2017.

So....talk away, fellow Keyblade wielders!

Who is, in your opinion, the strongest Keyblade wielder? Not counting Xemnas as he should be able to (as Roxas, he is the nobody of a wielder), but hasn't shown wielding.

@PaChi

Aqua, put it simply, she managed to actually match and overpower Ventus-Vanitas wielding the complete X-Blade, which, in theory, would make him even stronger than Twilight Xemnas himself.

If kh3 is the last one, we should be having that final battle between light and darkness... so they should appear right?

Well not exactly. From what i've been hearing, Tetsuya Nomura and Disney have yet to officially call an end to the series so we're likely to see more of the series after KH3. And KH3 is the final arc of the Xehanort Saga.

And yes, obviously they should appear considering that Aqua, Ventus, and Terra are those that Sora and friends are saving and all.

Can I ask from where comes the Solar System level? or was it Large Star? well, what feat was? Because I dont recall any star-busting thing.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Well not exactly. From what i've been hearing, Tetsuya Nomura and Disney have yet to officially call an end to the series so we're likely to see more of the series after KH3. And KH3 is the final arc of the Xehanort Saga.
And yes, obviously they should appear considering that Aqua, Ventus, and Terra are those that Sora and friends are saving and all.
This is correct, KH3 is simply the end of the Xehanort Saga, the series will continue past it.

Check here.

Thank you!! Its curious how Zeus has shown more raw power than Kingdom Hearts, lol.o

@PaChi2: It's funny too because not only is Disney Zeus' feat in KH one of the reasons it's Large Star+ currently, he's also supposed to be fodder (or at least inferior) in comparison to those like Xemnas and Ansem. Especially the more characters like Twilight Xemnas and Ventus Vanitas with the Complete X-Blade. True fact, i believe. Everlasting can explain it or confirm it for me/...

Just to continue more on this thread, i do like that we're getting serious news about KH3 later this December.

It's been pretty quiet for Square Enix to do that on those who follow and play the series. But at least they're finally going to do this. It'll be a pain to wait even longer but hopefully 2.8 will preoccupy the fans more until KH3 officially releases next year...

Yeah, I might be getting a PS4, so I can buy 2.8 later this year ^_^, I also hear that KH3's story is supposed to be huge compared to the previous games

The Everlasting said:
@DBZ

In KH3, one world will be the length of three worlds in the other games.
Really? huh, that's cool, at least we know that the finale to the Xehanort Saga is going to be huge, I also don't believe the MCU and Star Wars worlds will appear, something is just telling me that they won't

@DBZ: Yup, that's the truth. It's going to be one huge game when it comes out.

MCU and Star Wars being in KH3? Eh......yeah, same here.

CrossverseCrisis said:
@DBZ: Yup, that's the truth. It's going to be one huge game when it comes out.

MCU and Star Wars being in KH3? Eh......yeah, same here.
Although I'm wondering if the Pirate Of The Caribbean world will reappear in the form of At World's End or something since they covered Curse Of The Black Pearl in KH2, would be interesting to see Sora, Donald and Goofy's reaction to Barbosa considering they witnessed his death XD, I'm also curious to see if Lion King will return in the form of Simba's Pride, or even the recent Lion Guard series, heck I wouldn't mind seeing a Lilo and Stitch, maybe basing it off of Leroy and Stitch

Aye!

But y'all wanna know what always gets me: 14 years (give or take) and ths is only like the first saga of the whole series. I'm really curius as to what Nomura and his team plan to take Sora to next after Xehanort is dealt with next year. That last part just sounds like they ain't gonna do anything and just wait it out....it's just a joke, people. Or at least trying to make it as one...

Here's a question for all KH fans, in addition to the worlds that will be featured in KHIII (Tangled and Big Hero 6), what worlds would you most like to see included in KHIII?

@Yojimbo1989

Star Wars easily. Everything would just meld so well into the KH verse, sword-based combat (combined with appropriate surprise from everyone that a Keyblade can clash with a lightsaber), Force powers vs. Magic, dark, manipulative antagonist who's willing to work with Xehanort, Spaceship Combat, e.t.c.

So a new Kingdom Hearts 2.8 trailer has come out.

Some interesting things shown in it:

1. Dwarf Woodlands is confirmed to be in 0.2.

2. One of the bosses seems to be this mirror Aqua who tries to make her doubt herself ("Only your heart is hollow enough to be a demon's", among the other lines that are harder to hear).

3. Ventus seems to be trapped in this glass coffin, asleep. But it's likely just an illusion like the Terra.

4. Part of the level seems to be this castle interior with a mirror floor that lets you switch between the two to find different treasures and get past obstacles.

5. Aced appears to be wanting to form an alliance with Ava and one of the other Foretellers (Probably Gula), adding on to his "But we don't even know who the traitor is yet!" line, and it seems he's innocent.

6. Invi knows something involving the lead-up to the Keyblade War, and Ava accuses her of making things worse.

7. A group of Darksides are gathering darkness into this orange-yellow energy ball for unknown reasons.

8. The game's been delayed to late January. :(

Saw the trailer just now and here's what i think of it:

-Awesome that they added to this part.

-Awesome mirror fight, me likey

-Could be.

-I thought it was an existing world we've been to but this is really unqiue and one i've never seen.

-Mmmmm

-Oooooooo

-It looks like they're gathering some kind of spirit bomb like move or whatever. But given the series, it's definitely more than that.

-Yeah i did not like that part at the end. T-T

CrossverseCrisis said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
I honestly think Sora has abilities that put the Force to shame
Like?
Manipulating time, gravity and space, summoning entities like the genie, Flowmotion... heck for just about everything the force has Sora has either an equivalent, a superior or a direct counter for

Bumping this way up with the English release of 2.8, here's what we've gathered from 0.2 and Back Cover (Massive spoilers, obviously).

• Time flows differently in the Realm of Darkness, so it's only been a short time for Aqua and 10 years for everyone else.
  • The Chamber of Repose we saw Xemnas rest inside during KHII is something that allows him to communicate with Aqua and try and get her to spill where Ven's body is (He knows it's in Castle Oblivion, just not where inside it).
  • Even after all that's happened, Terra is still resisting Xehanort.
  • Aqua was present with Mickey during the end of KH1, but a swarm of Heartless pushed her back and stopped her from being rescued.
  • Riku and Mickey are departing to try and find Aqua, which will probably be represented by a few short segments of Kingdom Hearts III.
  • After nearly becoming Xehanort's vessel, Sora's lost most of his abilities (Agai), and will have to start from scratch. He, Donald and Goofy then depart for Olympus Coliseum, directly leading to the beginning of KH3.
  • Onto Back Cover, Xehanort's Keyblade was owned by the Master of Masters before he gave it to Luxu.
  • In spite of my previous assumptions, Aced does seem genuinely innocent. He's outraged at Ira's decision to just tell everyone of the traitor, and tries to form an alliance with the other Foretellers and stand against him. It doesn't go well, but he does seem to have the world's best interests in mind.
  • Like the other Foretellers, Gula was given a task by the Master. His was to use the Lost Page (A page not in any of the Foretellers' Books of Prophecy) and try and identify the traitor, but to keep his mission a secret.
  • Gula accidentally caused the Keyblade War by trying to summon Kingdom Hearts and bring the Master back (Since several things were going awry). He tried gathering more Lux to summon it, and so Ira and Aced did the same to try and ensure a balance, eventually leading Keyblade Wielders to try and gather more for themselves. You all know the rest.
  • Ava was actually instructed to create the Dandelions by the Master once the Keyblade War happened. She did not do it of her own accord.
  • It's still unknown who the traitorous Foreteller is, and there's evidence pointing towards everyone and against everyone. Ira or Invi seem the most likely, but I'm not sure.
  • The black box we've seen in the trailers isn't opened, but it's so important that the Master told Luxu to never open it (Not open it when the time is right, never open it).
  • The eye on the end of Xehanort's Keyblade is the Master's future seeing eye (As in, not symbolically his eye, literally one of his eyes), which he gazes into to allow him to construct his Book of Prophecy, hence why he had Luxu leave Daybreak Town and let the Keyblade live on: So he can catalogue what happens.
However, we're still left with several unanswered questions. We don't know what the Master's true goals are, or what he and Luxu look like and if they both survive the destruction of Daybreak Town. We don't know who the traitorous Foreteller is, and we're just left with more confusion on just who it is. We're also unsure on how Aqua will be rescued, and don't get any more information on Xehanort's plan.

Hopefully all that will be answered when Kingdom Hearts III eventually comes out.

Spoilers. Still, it does seems that the Master of Masters is true mastermind of the series, he played the foretellers like puppets and made sure that the light was engulfed by the Darkness. More informations here.

Dark649 said:
Still, it does seems that the Master of Masters is true mastermind of the series.
His role in the series is really, really odd. As TvTropes puts it:

• Ambiguously Evil: It's really hard to pin down just what the Master's intentions were. He loves saying heroic things like "May your hearts be your guiding key," is well-regarded by the Foretellers who are variably heroic in their own ways, and he's pretty friendly and easy-going. But Luxu helps to set up the Keyblade War on his orders, and the Master was the original owner of Xehanort's Keyblade and wears what would become Xehanort's signature black coat, which casts shadows on his actions.

I'm contemplating making a profile for him, but I'm not sure if it's too early to do so (If I do decide, I call dibs).

I will be making a profile for the Demon Tide, though. Once there's an actual image of it.

What about Luxu, he fought with Ava and is possibly the one who trained Eraqus and gave his keyblade to Xehanort.

Back