• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A thread to talk about the franchise as a whole. I figured we would need one since some games have less supporters (like VIII and IX, even X) and there are things to be discussed that could affect multiple or even all games

I spent the past few months watching through all of FFXIV's main story and I've found some abilities that would apply to every character (or at least have a likely rating)

Its basically a power system in FFXIV called Dynamis and it allows for characters to transcend their limits and beat enemies they shouldn't be able to defeat based on their consistent power levels (this is something said almost verbatim by Omega, not same crazy theory I made up)

Also known as Akasa, it is an energy distinct from aether that is influenced by strong emotion that can boost someone's power, allowing them to grow stronger than before
It can't be seen or felt even by Ancients like Hermes and Emet Selch, who can see souls and sense aether
Under normal circumstances, it is weak because the effects of aether drowned out the effects of dynamis
Limit breaks utilise dynamis. For context limit breaks in XIV are like in VII and VIII, they're basically ultimate attacks

As for why it might be applicable to other FF universes, Omega in the raid talks about how the Warrior of Light has inconsistent power levels and can transcend his limits under stressful situations, just like the warriors from other universes Omega has observed. Omega has seen and made copies of Kefka, Exdeath and Chaos from their home universes.

Back