• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 8-B and 8-A scaling questions

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Where does the 8-A value come from?

The profiles make it seem like it's upscaled from Doma, but then the lower level chars scale to Zenitsu, who has an 8-A feat on his profile, even though it says 8-B on his profile.

How does the 8-A and/or 8-B scaling work?

Is 30 tons off enough to upscale? I mean it could if there's some multiplier statements, but if its just beating the shit out of dudes or stomping them, I think we'd have gone with "higher" or "far higher" or something.

Generally we go with a 25% gap + one shot to upscale (Not required, but generally speaking).

The wiki, Damage did a thread about that awhile back, while it isn't 100% needed and exceptions do exist, it's like, preferable to fall into that range.

Well then personally I'd just go with "likely far higher" or something.

Though I do recall seeing a 8-A calc that was accepted iirc, though if it isnt on the verse, it's probably been canned or something.

Though if they're scaling off Zen, they should probably just word it better, no need to mention of far lower bit feat.

Where does the 8-A value come from? How does the 8-A and/or 8-B scaling work?
The 8-B+ calc comes from Doma who was hit with poison 700x the lethal amount needed to kill a demon, and he performed the feat while melting and falling apart

So anyone on par with a casual Doma scales to 8-B+ characters like Inosuke and Kanao

The 8-A value comes from upscaling, it was decided that the 3rd upper moons and anyone superior to Doma will scale to 100 tons characters like Mastery of Sun Breath Tanjiro, Kokushibo, Muzan, Yoriichi

Some characters only have a likely rating with the 8-A value, characters like Rengoku and Akaza
The profiles make it seem like it's upscaled from Doma, but then the lower level chars scale to Zenitsu, who has an 8-A feat on his profile, even though it says 8-B on his profile.
So anyone stronger than or on par with Zenitsu, scaled to his value of 217 tons, but when the MHS+ speed rating was downgraded the calc couldn't be used anymore since it used that speed value I guess whoever was revising the profiles must have forgotten to remove it.

The 8-A value comes from upscaling
That's slightly problematic. You might have to go with just a "At least 8-B+, likely higher" or something, 30 tons is quite a gap, though it was done while half dead, still.

Back