• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kimetsu No Essay:Yes The Revision is that long

When Nezuko was stabbed by Sanemi and actually felt pain
I consider the idea of it being CIS to be rather unlikely. There is still the demon from chapter/episode 2 and the fact that there is a different translation of Giyu's statement that doesn't use the word pain.

Question, can't Akaza get an "At least 8-C likely 8-B+" due to being capable of "injuring" and impressing Doma who has an 8-B+ feat while also very weakened ? After all, Doma outranked Akaza just by one number and I think it's better to scale him that way since scaling him to Gyuu who backscales from Muzan (who is much stronger than all the upper moons) is kinda inconsistent and circular reasoning ?

Question, can't Akaza get an "At least 8-C likely 8-B+" due to being capable of "injuring" and impressing Doma who has an 8-B+ feat while also very weakened ? After all, Doma outranked Akaza just by one number and I think it's better to scale him that way since scaling him to Gyuu who backscales from Muzan (who is much stronger than all the upper moons) is kinda inconsistent and circular reasoning ?
I agree with him getting a likely 8-B+ instead of a At most 8-B+

Although the reasoning shouldn’t be injuring Doma but just impressing him

Scaling Akaza to Gyuu who has his tiering by backscaling from a character who is vastly superior to Akaza is way more inconsitent imo

Well like I said he scales to Giyuu w/ Demon Slayer Mark who should be comparable to Sanemi w/ Demon Slayer Mark who is at most 8-B+ for nicking Kokushibo’s neck. And Kokushibo is superior to Doma.

Iron Man also backscales from Thanos by drawing a drop of blood from his face. Sanemi and Kokushibo is kinda the same. I originally proposed baseline 8-B for Sanemi w/ Demon Slayer Mark nicking Kokushibo but everybody said its arbitrary so we settled for at most 8-B+ instead.

But like I said if we can calc Gyutaro’s Blood Tornado and it ends up being somewhere around High 8-C, it would probably fix most of the scaling problems.

Last edited:
So I have a potentially controversial and a very important suggestion that can fix the powerscaling.

Some minor stuff first:

Muichiro gets Air Manipulation for his Scattering Mist Splash.
Muichiro unlocked the Transparent World and the Red Nichirin sword. He should get their abilities followed by 'after gaining the ability to use the [Transparent World/Red Nichirin sword]' to point that he has the potential of unlocking them quickly if pushed, but that unmutilated Muichiro doesn't have them.
Muichiro gets Resistance to Pain Manipulation for immediately recovering from having his hand getting chopped off, and Tengen gets it as well for not showing pain to his severe injuries.
Red Nichirin swords should get Heat Manipulation since they emit heat and can cause burns on the cellular level.
Thinking about it, Tanjiro would have Resistance to Air Manipulation, but the justification should be better: (Was unbothered by the Swamp Demon's pocket dimension that has almost no air which was stated to make it painful to be in, trained on top of a mountain with even lower air density). Giyu would also get it for training in the same area of Tanjiro. On that note, Swamp Demon gets Pocket Reality Manipulation.

So Tanjiro can use his rage to burn his life force in order to give himself a large AP and speed boost, which allowed him to overwhelm full power Daki who can blitz him and who was toying with him at base. How to best reflect this in the profile?

Giyu has this feat:
0140-009.png

This can potentially give Giyu Analytical Prediction, otherwise it can be evidence for instinctive reaction.

Now, for the big one, and I can't believe we missed it:
0094-003.png
0094-004.png

Tanjiro estimates that cutting Gyutaro's neck requires a hundred times his striking strength, and he achieved this after activating his Demon Slayer Mark.

So I am proposing a x100 multiplier for the Demon Slayer Mark, which seems to be surprisingly consistent with the current scaling and within Tier 8.

So Tanjiro can use his rage to burn his life force in order to give himself a large AP and speed boost, which allowed him to overwhelm full power Daki who can blitz him and who was toying with him at base. How to best reflect this in the profile?

Rage Power, your explanation is fine imo

I’d say the best way to say this is

Rage power

Tanjiro estimates that cutting Gyutaro's neck requires a hundred times his striking strength, and he achieved this after activating his Demon Slayer Mark.

So I am proposing a x100 multiplier for the Demon Slayer Mark, which seems to be surprisingly consistent with the current scaling and within Tier 8
I actually missed that I’ll comment on that

that is a very high multiplier at least compared to the wiki’s current standards.
So is there any examples of the base form compared to the mark being that great outside of Tanjiro because I think that’s needed for a multiplier that high to be accepted

But it is consistent and makes marked pillars 8-B(scaling off 0.32 tons)which is similar to our current ratings.As you mentioned it’s also consistent with Base Tanjiro in his fight with Gyutaro being 9-A

Another thing(Slightly less related) when Tanjiro used the see through world were giyuu and Akaza in slow motion or were they perceived as frozen to tanjiro
If the latter couldn’t we calc Tanjiro’s See through world perception using snail speed?
Would probably be sub relativistic or something tho

Last edited:
It would be very difficult to argue that every Demon Slayer Mark awakening is a fixed x100 boost, and would logically lead to many characters being Low 7-C along with introducing some scaling problems.
But applying it to this instance alone should be pretty solid, since there is a statement, it is important to the story, and it fits the feats.

This would place Pillars between High 8-C+ to 8-B, since their attacks should be able to kill Gyutaro as they are the second strongest Pillar generation.

Thoughts about endgame Inosuke/Kanao/Zenitsu being 8-B+ (rotting Doma feat + Zenitsu KE), while Marked top-tier Pillars and the top three Upper Moons upscaling to 8-A?

Transparent World mentioned slow motion movement, and time moving slowly, so not snail speed. It would've yielded something ridiculous if it was.
0152-020.png

Also, Shinobu gets Rage Power. She went from being critically injured while being unable to move to surpassing Doma's speed.
0142-011.png
0142-014.png
0142-015.png

So much mutilation... so many characters with Resistance to Pain Manipulation...

Thoughts about endgame Inosuke/Kanao/Zenitsu being 8-B+ (rotting Doma feat + Zenitsu KE), while Marked top-tier Pillars and the top three Upper Moons upscaling to 8-A?
While you already know my thoughts of me agreeing to 8-B+ inosuke Kanao and zenitsu

I agree with Doma and Kokushibo being 8-A bare minimum they should be changed to At least 8-B
For Akaza I’d prefer he’s only at least 8-B because it’s kinda vague on exactly how comparable he is to a full power Doma at all.

Pre-Transparent World Tanjiro is inferior to base Giyu since Tanjiro could only survive thanks to precog, and Akaza overwhelmed Marked Giyu while holding back. If Pre-Transpaent World Tanjiro is 8-B+ like his peers, and Giyu is around Sanemi's level, then there is a good case for 8-A Akaza.

Pre-Transparent World Tanjiro is inferior to base Giyu since Tanjiro could only survive thanks to precog, and Akaza overwhelmed Marked Giyu while holding back. If Pre-Transpaent World Tanjiro is 8-B+ like his peers, and Giyu is around Sanemi's level, then there is a good case for 8-A Akaza.
When you put it that way 8-A Akaza can actually be reasoned with
It would also be weird if Pre See through world Tanjiro was immensely inferior to his comrades when if anything he seemed comparable or above them during Pillar training.
And since the mark is implied to still be a sizable boost in even if you completely neglect Tanjiro’s 100x statement.

So I guess I agree with that and I don’t think the top 3 demon moons being 8-A causes a single scaling issue.
It mainly just makes Muzan at least 8-A

Created a Sandbox to summarize suggested changes, and what the suggested tier would looks like.
Still need to go over a few more profiles, including half the Pillars and Muzan, but it should give a good idea.

The train feat and Zenitsu KE (which is City Block Level+, since we are using the mass of Zenitsu's sword, not Zenitsu doing a full body slam) are still awaiting approval, but they should be reasonable.
Made the acid thing a Possible resistance, so let's see if this is an acceptable compromise.
Real Hantangu neck durability would be x4 of his clones, would make him City Block level, which results in a pretty consistent and smooth scaling chain.

Last edited:
Created a Sandbox to summarize suggested changes, and what the suggested tier would looks like.
Still need to go over a few more profiles, including half the Pillars and Muzan, but it should give a good idea.

The train feat and Zenitsu KE (which is City Block Level+, since we are using the mass of Zenitsu's sword, not Zenitsu doing a full body slam) are still awaiting approval, but they should be reasonable.
Made the acid thing a Possible resistance, so let's see if this is an acceptable compromise.
Real Hantangu neck durability would be x4 of his clones, would make him City Block level, which results in a pretty consistent and smooth scaling chain.
Oh so we don’t use the full body for zenitsu KE
That appears far more consistent
Although would that downgrade the KE for BoS Zenitsu since I believe with his current calc it’s 0.09 tons but using his entire body.(Note:The 0,09 Tons is from a weakened poisoned zenitsu so of course he scales above it normally but it’s still shockingly consistent with Tanjiro not an intended pun)

The choice to rather scale people to 100x amped Tanjiro instead of slapping the multiplier on everyone is a wise move that should avoid scaling issues.

Otherwise I agree with the sandbox pretty much

Last edited:
Elephant in the room that I need to bring up...

Doma's Freezing Feat, should we scale it to Doma's Physicals and anyone's physicals, Demon Slayer doesn't really have a Universal Energy System and I'm not sure we can scale a Freezing Calc universally to all stats

I’m of the opinion freezing shouldn’t scale to any form of AP unless given proof of such so no it probably shouldn’t. If he can freeze people solid we could give him dura neg though.

Based on what I know, Doma's Freezing Feat is a result of his Blood Demon Art. Blood Demon Arts can only be acquired by the more powerful demons and grow in power alongside the demons when they eat humans. The connection between Blood Demon Arts and demons is so strong that the former shares the latter's weakness to sunlight. It was also commented by Kanao that she was surprised that he had enough strength left to perform the feat.

Last edited:
Demons do have a Universal Energy System. To say that a demon got stronger (through eating humans or getting Muzan's blood) is to say that both their physicals and BDA got stronger, and not just one of them. Rui's statement about his physicals being superior to any of his BDA threads gives us good cause that neck durability have an edge.
0040-017.png

When Doma's was falling apart and did his Bodhivista, Kanao was surprised he still has so much energy remaining. So Kanao states that the physicals of demons being severally weakened = BDA being severely weakened.
0162-015.png

Early in the series, Inosuke tossed Tanjiro tens of meters toward spider mom. It should be fine to upgrade early Superhuman Lifting Strength (minus Shinobu's) to Class 5, right?
0031-017.png

Early in the series, Inosuke tossed Tanjiro tens of meters toward spider mom. It should be fine to upgrade early Superhuman Lifting Strength (minus Shinobu's) to Class 5, right?
Likely yes I remember A calc of a character getting punched a couple meters away yielded class 5 results

Some interesting information from the second databook.

Muzan married five times while he was a human, and he manipulated all his wives into suicide. As a demon he identity thefts rich people. So that is Social Influencing.
Muzan also leaves behind flesh puppets for his stolen identities, so that is Duplication.
Kokushibo can perma-kill demons by absorbing them, so the absorption of Doma/Kokushibo/Muzan is basically a type of hax.
Muzan allows demons to share their thoughts and sight with lower ranked demons, which Doma uses to annoy Akaza. So Limited Telepathy.

You woulda thought if Muzan can create separate bodies, he'd have stored extra brains or selves, so that the demon slayers couldn't just kill him in a single final battle.
But it's cool to find lore in the Databooks!

You woulda thought if Muzan can create separate bodies, he'd have stored extra brains or selves, so that the demon slayers couldn't just kill him in a single final battle.
But it's cool to find lore in the Databooks!
Well, Muzan is just leaving flesh puppets behind, it might not be unreasonable to assume that these are just pieces of flesh he is controlling from the distance and that they could never replace his main body.

Updated the sandbox, with cool additions such as reads notes Limited Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Limited Memory Manipulation for Tanjiro.
Finished the addition suggestions for the Pillars, and added Muzan and the suggestions should streamline his profile a lot.
Feel free to give it a read and point out anything that stands out as controversial.

Calc groups recently decided that striking doesn't not apply to Lifting Strength. Personally disagree as a person punching a car several meters using pure muscle strength (not talking about 'he concentrated magical energy into his fist' situation) definitely implies that the person is at least capable of lifting the car.
Striking Strength would not cover it as claimed; Character A can deliver a weak punch tanked with no damage by Character B, with the punch sending Character B flying hundreds of meters. Character A can also deliver a powerful punch that severely damages Character B, with the punch not having any knockback. It is almost like the lifting effect from strikes is unrelated to Striking Strength in fiction.

With the rant out of the way, it is what it is, so anyone can suggest a strength scaling? I am thinking 'At least Class 25, at most Class 100'.

Also, we should make Gyutaro in the same profile as Daki.

Last edited:
Updated the sandbox, with cool additions such as reads notes Limited Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Limited Memory Manipulation for Tanjiro.
Finished the addition suggestions for the Pillars, and added Muzan and the suggestions should streamline his profile a lot.
Feel free to give it a read and point out anything that stands out as controversial.

Calc groups recently decided that striking doesn't not apply to Lifting Strength. Personally disagree as a person punching a car several meters using pure muscle strength (not talking about 'he concentrated magical energy into his fist' situation) definitely implies that the person is at least capable of lifting the car.
Striking Strength would not cover it as claimed; Character A can deliver a weak punch tanked with no damage by Character B, with the punch sending Character B flying hundreds of meters. Character A can also deliver a powerful punch that severely damages Character B, with the punch not having any knockback. It is almost like the lifting effect from strikes is unrelated to Striking Strength in fiction.

With the rant out of the way, it is what it is, so anyone can suggest a strength scaling? I am thinking 'At least Class 25, at most Class 100'.

Also, we should make Gyutaro in the same profile as Daki.
I’m fine with at least class 25 at most class 100 personally

Sandbox is fine of course a couple characters need some “At least” on some of their ratings mainly the High 8-C+’s Since it’s scaling off a Tanjiro which is >>0.08 Tons or give them possibly higher either works but I’d prefer th former.

At least makes sense; would also apply to Tengen since he was poisoned and injured.

Edited the sandbox and also added Nezuko and gave her a third key. Turns out that some demons are even missing Enhanced Senses.

I think this covers the vast majority of the CRT, which will make future CRTs much more focused and far easier to do. So we should get approval for applications at this point.

A couple of minor suggestions:

I added Muzan's intelligence feats in his intelligence section, and I believe that he qualifies as Genius instead of just Gifted. Does it make sense?

Does the scan below indicate that Inosuke and Zenitsu have Reactive Power level?
Despite being severely over-powered ... As time went on they got used to it and began to adapt. What dropped them the first time soon became something they knew how to handle.
0094-002.png

Last edited:
At least makes sense; would also apply to Tengen since he was poisoned and injured.

Edited the sandbox and also added Nezuko and gave her a third key. Turns out that some demons are even missing Enhanced Senses.

I think this covers the vast majority of the CRT, which will make future CRTs much more focused and far easier to do. So we should get approval for applications at this point.

A couple of minor suggestions:

I added Muzan's intelligence feats in his intelligence section, and I believe that he qualifies as Genius instead of just Gifted. Does it make sense?

Does the scan below indicate that Inosuke and Zenitsu have Reactive Power level?
Despite being severely over-powered ... As time went on they got used to it and began to adapt. What dropped them the first time soon became something they knew how to handle.
0094-002.png
Muzans intelligence being Genius I am fine with looking back and forth between what’s required for that rating
Reactive power level is alright and I agree with the sandboxes

Alright, added Genius intellect for Muzan, and Reactive Power level for Inosuke/Zenitsu. I also added Hantengu.
Also an addition that should be uncontroversial is that upper demons get Limited Transmutation since they can transform their flesh into clothes and metallic weapons, and even Enmu who is below Upper Moon level is stated to have created his ropes and awl from it.

So we should get staff approval. If anyone has objections or further suggestions feel free to state them.

Kind of a big argument question, and I know I'd get outvoted if it was up to a vote
Why does Douma's Ice Sculpture Creation scale to Attack Potency and Striking Strength?

It's more magic right? It's not like the Sculpture punches with the force of it's own creation.
Nor does he punch with that sort of force either?

For abilities I agree with essentially everything I saw in the link.

Due to demon physicals and BDA having a universal power source.
For example, Databook 2 states that Rui was sharing his power with his 'family', weakening him and preventing him from becoming Pillar level like Muzan had hoped. This has strengthened his 'family' and gave them spider-like abilities.

An other example is that Kanao stated that Doma being physically weakened by the poison = Doma's BDA being weaker.
0162-015.png

Evidence even points that neck durability scales above BDA, due to Rui saying that he can make his body stronger than his most powerful threads.
0040-017.png

I'm not sure any of that follows though.
I don't think BDA operate on a universal power source.
Nor do I think demons amp their attacks like someone with Nen or Ki or Chakra can.
Nothing says that Demon Physicals scale to their Blood Demon Arts when they aren't directly physical.

Rui Sharing blood with the other Spider Family Members can be interpreted as him spreading the potency of his Muzan blood with others.
The more blood from Muzan a demon gets the stronger they become overall, but that still doesn't say that their special powers scale to their physicals.
If one was 9-A with 8-C power (example) then got a boost that multiplied their powers by 10x their base and their power would still be separated.

Kanao expressed that she was surprised Doma could fight back so strongly in his state. That's relating to stamina and his condition.
In his injured state she didn't expect him to be able to use his power to this extent. But this doesn't say anything of his physical strikes scaling to his power.

That last Rui quote is always weird given that he later decapitates himself. But given that we know he can add blood to his threads, it makes more sense that his neck durability never changes, and that the cutting power of his threads is what he manipulates. As such his physicals never change, it's his BDA that fluctuates.

I can see how powers that are physical would scale. But creation feats are a bit different.
And I think Doma's Ice feat inflates the verse stats a bit.

Are there any other calculated feats that are in line with the Doma one? If there are that might lessen my skepticism.

So if different demons ate 50 humans or recieved some of Muzan's blood, we shouldn't expect them to grow stronger in both their physicals and BDA based on that power source?
Universal power sources aren't restricted to amping with spirtual energy in a martial arts manga. Physicals and magic being powered by the same thing is an other example.

Rui gave pieces of himself, as evidenced by the spider-like BDA. When he shared his power, this gave his family a boost in their physicals + BDA.

You don't seem to disagree that demon physicals are related to the strength of their BDA. But it is up to you to demonstrate that there is a massive difference between them that makes the relation useless for comparision, which would be difficult since we see BDA get parried and tanked.

Rui beheading himself is easily explainable with Body Control; demons can casually grow extra arms if they want and even split pieces of themselves, so temporarily weakening the neck is more than plausible. The explanation you offered appears to be in direct contradiction with Rui's statement.

If Character A uses a power source to do a freezing feat, and Character B has a more potent version of the power source which is used for shockwave attacks, it sounds reasonable to me to scale Character B's stronger shockwave attacks to the freezing feat.

The proposed scaling chain goes to 8-B already (Demon Slayer Mark multplier statement + Zohakuten being a combination of four demons). If future Gyutaro blood tornado and Enmu flesh expansion calcs work out, it will go to 8-B+.
Zenitsu has a 8-B+ KE calc for his sword, which should be viable due to his statement that he needs to increase his speed to deliver more damage against Muzan.

Isn’t the Zenitsu speed thread still going on? It’s probably better for that to end before using his KE calc. Or am I just misremembering and the thread has been over for ages?

Also yeah no I heavily disagree with the Demon Slayer Mark having a random 100x multiplier. Tanjirou was already shown to be able to somewhat cut into Gyutaro’s neck even without the Demon Slayer Mark. Tanjirou saying he needs to bring out 100x strength doesn’t mean he literally needs to bring out 100x his strength. All it means is that he needs more strength than normal to cut off Gyutaro’s head in one go. So the Demon Slayer Mark should still just be an unknown boost with no specified multiplier. Only Zou Hakuten being a fusion of the 4 emotions and therefore 4x stronger than they are separately should be used as a 4x multiplier.

Back