• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Khârn the Loyal vs Hive Jesus

Ogbunabali said:
How does Oryx beat him to death? He doesn't have the AP.
Oryx outskills Khârn by several billion years with or without his powers, Khârn simply cannot get a good hit in without being bisected by Willbreaker.

I really doubt Kharn wouldn't get a single hit in, considering that's all he needs. Oryx's AP is 100kilofoe Kharn's dura is 3.5gigafoe how is Oryx bisecting him?

Ogbunabali said:
I really doubt Kharn wouldn't get a single hit in, considering that's all he needs. Oryx's AP is 100kilofoe Kharn's dura is 3.5gigafoe how is Oryx bisecting him?
You cannot say you 'doubt' he wouldn't get a single hit in, the skill gap is simply too far apart, and (to quote woki the last time this thread was made):

"Oryx is going to know a weapon he doesn't want to get hit by when he sees it, being the God Emperor of the Hive as he is, so he's unlikely to take a chance with trying to tank Gorechild, and would try to learn about it after the fight. Notice how he messed with the Vex tech after he got them out of his house."

With Oryx's quark-cutting sword, which to quote Wokistan (again, the last time this thread was made): "However, I seriously doubt that Khorne would find Oryx having a very very sharp sword "unfair", especially considering the axe Kharn wields."

In short, Oryx is skilled enough to bully Khârn in melee, smart enough to not try and tank Gorechild, and has a sword that'd kill Khârn with one shot.

>skill gap too far

Oryx fighting for a billion years is one of those "unquantifiable" skills, as the "skill debaters" would like to call it. It doesn't mean shit, without any context. And from what I know, Oryx is the top dog of his verse and the billion of years was him fighting fodder, while Kharn spend millennia fighting armies and people better than him. So saying he wouldn't get a single hit in is completely unreasonable.

But if he's able to cut quarks, then I guess he does take this more often than not.

Thinking Khorne would be reasonable and not completely biased ovo

This seems like it would come down to a physical weapon fight and either could kill the other or at least incap the other.

Oryx doesnt have the AP to harm Kharn with his AP so hed need the sword, luckily for him he outskills so im leaning Oryx.

In this case these billions of years of experience also do mean something here, since Oryx has spent almost all of that time fighting both fodder and people that could actually give him a good fight like his sisters. He scales above a lot of feats of which I could pull a few up.

And Oryx also only needs one good hit of course due to his sword being really sharp.

Khârn could probably get a good hit in, but the chances of this happening before Oryx gets a good hit in are slim.

Ogbunabali said:
>skill gap too far
Oryx fighting for a billion years is one of those "unquantifiable" skills, as the "skill debaters" would like to call it. It doesn't mean shit, without any context. And from what I know, Oryx is the top dog of his verse and the billion of years was him fighting fodder, while Kharn spend millennia fighting armies and people better than him. So saying he wouldn't get a single hit in is completely unreasonable.

But if he's able to cut quarks, then I guess he does take this more often than not.
Oryx wasn't fighting fodder enemies for billions of years, he was mostly fighting his also Hive-God sisters (one such war went on for 20k years constantly, without stop), childre and other minions. Oryx was, for the most part, fighting those comparable to himself for those billions of years before and after he became Taken King

Again, even if the skill gap isn't huge, it's still in Oryx's favor + smart enough to not headbutt gorechild + bisecting his Khâurks.

Like I said, he massively upscales from someone who has concept manip via pure skill

The crazy thing is, it might actually be legit...

Back