• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I know Juvia is of a higher tier and is faster, but does Katara counter Juvia regardless?

round 1: prre timeskip

round 2: first timeskip

round 3: second timeskip

Katara-0
Juvia

Juvia should take this ,but katara may be able to manipulate juvia's body if she has more powerful control over water than juvia which is unlikely so yeah juvia takes this.

Unless it is full moon it is Juvia victory. However it should amplify Juvia's powers too. Most likely Juvia stomps (but isnt she one tier higher?)

In "combined verse situation" wouldn't it be oblivious as it also increaes power of all waterbenders. Well it is irrevelant note as she would win vs Katara during full moon anyways.

Juvia.

Katara doesn't utilize blood bending it's against her nature + she doesn't know Juvia is made out of water.

LordAizenSama said:
ummmmmmm, isn't Juvia like a water logia? Doesn't that mean like, Katara can just bend her?
exactly my thoughts ^_^

i think katara wins if she has enough stamina, afterall all of juvias attacks wouldnt be able to hurt katara since she could deflect them, plus katara can freeze all of juvias water which could even be used on juvia directly ^_^

The bending misconception on avatar is too real, firstly does anyone have scans or word of mouth that avatar characters can Bend spiritual energy, besides energy benders. Secondly if I recall correctly in TLA, bending has been overpowered by superior bending. Hence couldn't Julia just will break her way out of Katara's clutch if she was caught in water body. Thirdly, Julia is way faster and stronger Finally, what would Katara's do to put Juvia down

Well Juvia can win without any special skills- her superior speed and physical strength is enough to take Katara down.

Finally, what would Katara's do to put Juvia dow
she could freeze juvia and turn her into ice(which she cant control as far as i know), which mostlikely means that she is dead ^_^

Czuczian11 said:
Juvia can manipulate temerature of her water (as she attacked Gray with hot water in Phatnom Lord Arc)
She can make her water boiling hot, and she coped with gray who is >>>>>Katara's ice manipulation skill

Juvia can take her down. Katara is strong but Juvia can out-manipulate her. THe only thing giving her an edge is full moon which the second timeskip can likely take.

How exactly Katara can win. Juvia ignore her water bodyspell and rush to Katara with bare hands. Katara can't even react to Supersonic+ Juvia.It is missmatch IMO.

Katara: Wall+ to Building+ Attack Potency, Sub-Sonic+ (Pre-First TS Taurus outsped and deflected bullets easily. Taurus), Wall+ level Durability.

Pre-First TS Juvia: At least City Block AP, at least Supersonic+, at least Building level Durability (not including Water Body).

Juvia stomps. One good punch is enough tbh. Katara can't deflect Juvia's attacks. She can't even react to them. And even if she was fast enough to do so, she still wouldn't be able to deflect them since Juvia's AP is much higher than her's.

^i agree that she wins thanks to speed too but the argument with "cant deflect because of AP" doesnt sound really convincing, i mean, katara isnt tanking the attack and it isnt a "attack vs attack" situation either, katara would bend the water that attacks her, this isnt really measured by with AP :I

Juvia takes this. Not only has she fought people vastly stronger than Katara but her control over water is superior to Katara's

Katara has to use body movements to control water which at the basic level isn't much but Juvia can control water with her mind. She uses her hands to pretty much gatehr power or aim more precisely.

GreatestSin said:
^i agree that she wins thanks to speed too but the argument with "cant deflect because of AP" doesnt sound really convincing, i mean, katara isnt tanking the attack and it isnt a "attack vs attack" situation either, katara would bend the water that attacks her, this isnt really measured by with AP :I
Can Katara control this?

I guess in this case it's more control vs control rather than AP vs AP but my point still stands. Katara wouldn't be able to bend Juvia's Water attacks simply because she's not strong enough to do so. It's like me trying to deflect a car speeding directly towards me (assuming I was fast enough to even attempt something like that). I'd still get flattened.

^it isnt that she needs to control all the water, onl redicrecting it the part that comes close to her into a different angle so that it wont hit her would be enough...

either way, juva has other means of winning :)

Juvia easily. Besides the fact that she does have better water manipulation than katara she is better at H2H combat as well.

GreatestSin said:
^it isnt that she needs to control all the water, onl redicrecting it the part that comes close to her into a different angle so that it wont hit her would be enough...
either way, juva has other means of winning :)
I don't think Katara would be able to do that simply because Juvia has much better control over Water than she has (can hit an object at much more force, change the temperature of her Water and control more Water if she needs to).

Gray (Tier 8-A at the time) actually had to work in order to overpower Juvia's Water attacks with his Ice. And I think AP does sort of come to play here. Katara, using Water, is at most Building+. And Juvia, using Water, is at least City Block Level. According to this site, City Block level attacks are approx 1000 times stronger than Building level. I personally doubt Katara would be able to even somewhat redirect an attack that is that much stronger than what she can control but I guess we can agree to disagree on this part since like you said, Juvia has other means of winning.

Juvia by simple powerscaling can blitz Katara. Katara is physically peak human at best. Juvia is superhuman.

LordAizenSama said:
ummmmmmm, isn't Juvia like a water logia? Doesn't that mean like, Katara can just bend her?
I know this was made last month, but I'd like to point out that it would be impossible for Katara to bend Juvia just like Gaara wouldn't be able to manipulate Crocodile and Ajeel.

Their bodies are capable of transforming into the material, but it is still possessed by their entity. Gaara has full control of the small amount of sand he stores his chakra in and struggles to use any other sand to that level. Crocodile is a similar case in which he can control the sand he creates from his body, but he has not been shown capable of anything colosal with sand outside of his body unless he builds it up with his own sand.

Juvia's water attacks can be bended by Katara (most likely), but Katara can be harmed by water and Juvia has more of an advantage in this situation unless Katara freezes it. Juvia would most likely win since she has a higher DC and durability.

Why would Juvia even need her water abilities? She more than physically capable of just blitzing/bludgeoning Katara and taking the win

neither have shown any adept level of physical abilities. Katara tries, but fails miserably, and Juvia is heavily reliant on her magic. Still, once Katara loses stamina, Juvia will beat her.

Hfhfdgdg said:
neither have shown any adept level of physical abilities. Katara tries, but fails miserably, and Juvia is heavily reliant on her magic.
Not really for Juvia. In Tenrou Arc she punched Meredy through a big rock and destroyed said rock doing so. And this is after taking quite a number of attacks from Meredy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back