• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ice Benders (Katara vs Elsa)

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Katara.Avatar-The-Last-Airbender.webp

elsa-villain.jpg

Speed Equalized
Katara is Town level
During a Full Moon

Katara:
Elsa:
Incon:

At first, I was confident that Elsa would one-shot, but then I found out from the verse page that there are higher Aang calcs that weren't listed on Aang's profile for some reason even though Katara is supposed to scale to Aang according to her profile. Hmm, Bloodbending looks like it could very much do Elsa in as (at least according to the wiki article) it can serve as a power-null, but at the same time, it would really be out of character for Katara to actually go for it outside of a last resort, and even then she kinda broke down over it... Hell, the lady went out of her way to outlaw the practice! That's pretty much how unwilling Katara is to use Bloodbending in-character.

Last edited:
Katara, because Bloodbending GG.
Elsa can freeze her opponent to absolute zero. In fact, it depends more on who starts first. Elsa's powers are sometimes activated passively, in which case they will work spontaneously and freeze her brain...

Elsa can freeze her opponent to absolute zero. In fact, it depends more on who starts first. Elsa's powers are sometimes activated passively, in which case they will work spontaneously and freeze her brain...
Where is it stated that her ice can reach absolute zero? Where is it shown that she can passively oneshot people?

Elsa one shots and stomps. Katara’s bending is several times weaker than any of Elsa’s attacks so even if she blocks, whatever gets through kills her. The only way for Katara to win is if it’s during a full moon and she is bloodlusted enough to bloodbend off rip.

Elsa one shots and stomps. Katara’s bending is several times weaker than any of Elsa’s attacks so even if she blocks, whatever gets through kills her. The only way for Katara to win is if it’s during a full moon and she is bloodlusted enough to bloodbend off rip.
Can't she just throw Elsa's own ice back at her? Her opponent being that much more powerful than her would also push her to bloodbend.

Last edited:
Can't she just throw Elsa's own ice back at her? Her opponent being that much more powerful than her would also push her to bloodbend.
Not really. Elsa’s attacks are stronger than anything Katara has shown to bend so even if she tried, she wouldn’t be able to deal with all of it and get slammed. We see a similar enough situation with Katara’s daughter Kya vs Minghua where Kya uses her waterbending to briefly hold off Minghua’s water stream before getting overwhelmed.

As for being pushed to bloodbend, Katara only ever bloodbent Hama when Aang and Sokka (two of the 4 most important people to her at the time) were about to run each other through and even then, Katara almost immediately broke down because she was forced to do it to save them. Even when confronted with her mother’s killer, Katara couldn’t bring herself to kill him with her icebending, something she is far more willing to do than bloodbending considering how she went on the trip with Zuko with the express purpose of killing him in revenge.

Alright, I agree now that Elsa stomps.

Now to the topic of those scans, none of them prove your claims.
First, there's nothing that indicates absolute zero temperatures. Her ice has durability negation for being able to slowly turn people to ice by targeting their hearts but it isn't even remotely similar to what absolute zero does.
Second, using an ability involuntarily doesn't make it passive. The only automatic action that we have seen her power manifest is to protect her from harm, not instantly freezing anyone and anything that tries to.

Now to the topic of those scans, none of them prove your claims.
First, there's nothing that indicates absolute zero temperatures. Her ice has durability negation for being able to slowly turn people to ice by targeting their hearts but it isn't even remotely similar to what absolute zero does.
Second, using an ability involuntarily doesn't make it passive. The only automatic action that we have seen her power manifest is to protect her from harm, not instantly freezing anyone and anything that tries to.
I had an article with absolute zero, but I couldn't find it now, I will use it when I open a crt about it in the future. The purpose of the passive is that it works against its will, and this depends on the passive's situation, context, power and the situation he is in allows him to win. Moreover, we see this situation in the scene where Anna sends ice to her heart.

Last edited:
In the video that was linked, the heart freeze doesn't kill Anna immediately. If/when Katara gets hit with that attack, wouldn't she realize that she is in life-threatening danger and wants to get outside help as fast as possible? I feel like she would resort to bloodbending then. Assuming she can pull it off through the pain.

In the video that was linked, the heart freeze doesn't kill Anna immediately. If/when Katara gets hit with that attack, wouldn't she realize that she is in life-threatening danger and wants to get outside help as fast as possible? I feel like she would resort to bloodbending then. Assuming she can pull it off through the pain.
The attack of ice to the heart weakens the person excessively until they are completely frozen. Katara will be unable to fight, and Elsa will attack her and finish her off.

Back