• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Original Series Heatblast vs Book 3 Katara

Starting distance is 150 meters and speed is equalized

Battle takes place at the Water Tribe during a full moon

Who wins?

Heatblast: One-Mastor, Spilxson2, XSOULOFCINDERX, DemonicDude

Katara: Arnoldstone18, Tatsumi804, DiscipleOfTheAbyss, Zabazab, Kachon123, BrackishBrineBroth, SeijiSetto

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
So Heatblast has resistance to heat, but not fire? Is that accurate? Also, is his body made out of fire, or is it made out of lava/magma? It's been a long time since I've watched Ben 10.

How hot is Heatblast's fire? I don't know how it scales in terms of temperature but considering Heatblast's race naturally lives on "a fully functioning star" (though it has been noted that said star is relatively cold, but still a star nonetheless), I feel like it's worth considering.

If it's hot enough then he should probably be capable of just vaporising Katara's water.

How hot is Heatblast's fire? I don't know how it scales in terms of temperature but considering Heatblast's race naturally lives on "a fully functioning star" (though it has been noted that said star is relatively cold, but still a star nonetheless), I feel like it's worth considering.

If it's hot enough then he should probably be capable of just vaporising Katara's water.
He did vaporize the entire fountain of youth while he was a toddler so that's something and I'm pretty sure he's been compared to a Supernova before.

10 year old OS Heatblast is hot enough to practically ignore a rainstorm, slice through water and evaporate a giant monster made of water, but I made the battle take place in the Southern Water Tribe, a place full of rivers and ice. I thought it'd be fair in that case, especially since it's Low 7-C vs 7-C and since Heatblast can fly to avoid some of Katara's attacks

10 year old OS Heatblast is hot enough to practically ignore a rainstorm, slice through water and evaporate a giant monster made of water, but I made the battle take place in the Southern Water Tribe, a place full of rivers and ice. I thought it'd be fair in that case, especially since it's Low 7-C vs 7-C and since Heatblast can fly to avoid some of Katara's attacks
I mean AP is kinda irrelevant here if he can just activate his fire and absolutely negate any of Katara's attacks. She may be 7-C physically but Heatblast WILL just burn her.

I was gonna say; if Heatblast is made of fire, then there's nothing stopping Zuko from taking control of the fire inside him and putting it out. Then hitting him with his swords. But the opponent's been changed, so.

I mean AP is kinda irrelevant here if he can just activate his fire and absolutely negate any of Katara's attacks. She may be 7-C physically but Heatblast WILL just burn her.
The battle takes place in an area full of ice and water though. Should I make it a full moon too then?

His profile says that his fire has been put out by a sufficiently large amount of water before. How did that happen in-canon? Also, Katara's water has gone up against Azula's flames, which were able to slice through stone.

His profile says that his fire has been put out by a sufficiently large amount of water before. How did that happen in-canon? Also, Katara's water has gone up against Azula's flames, which were able to slice through stone.
I'm pretty sure that only happened when he was literally submerged in water

Anyway, Heatblast can slice through water attacks, but Katara's also fighting him in a place made of ice and surrounded by water. I think they both have good chances of winning here

In terms of raw AP, I think - going off the profiles - Katara is >~6.432 Kilotons for being at least comparable to Aang, if not superior in terms of bending.

Heatblast is 4.22 Kilotons, and higher when going Supernova Hot. Considering it was able to one-shot Hex who could effortlessly negate his normal attacks, it's a sizable amp but appears to be emotion-based because he only activated it when he got mad.

Only a 1.52x AP diff so while Katara's hitting harder with her water, it won't be by much. She IS notably more fragile physically though (9-B Dura), so if Heatblast lands a solid physical hit on her she dies. Straight up.

In terms of raw AP, I think - going off the profiles - Katara is >~6.432 Kilotons for being at least comparable to Aang, if not superior in terms of bending.

Heatblast is 4.22 Kilotons, and higher when going Supernova Hot. Considering it was able to one-shot Hex who could effortlessly negate his normal attacks, it's a sizable amp but appears to be emotion-based because he only activated it when he got mad.

Only a 1.52x AP diff so while Katara's hitting harder with her water, it won't be by much. She IS notably more fragile physically though (9-B Dura), so if Heatblast lands a solid physical hit on her she dies. Straight up.
She still has water shields. Also I think he went supernova hot against the fight with the water monster too. But still, Katara's in a place full of ice and water

She still has water shields. Also I think he went supernova hot against the fight with the water monster too. But still, Katara's in a place full of ice and water
...The same regular water that he's shown the ability to casually vaporise? It's not like she can control the entire environment around her. A significant portion, sure, but not the whole thing And, in Supernova Hot - as a 4 year old - he vaporised a lake, let alone at 10 when he's far stronger.

Unless he gets sneak-attacked I don't think anything Katara throws at Heatblast is gonna actually harm him significantly, even if Katara does hit him with a massive wave attack he'll be able to boil off the majority before it hits him, reducing its weight and therefore its power.

...The same regular water that he's shown the ability to casually vaporise? It's not like she can control the entire environment around her. A significant portion, sure, but not the whole thing And, in Supernova Hot - as a 4 year old - he vaporised a lake, let alone at 10 when he's far stronger.

Unless he gets sneak-attacked I don't think anything Katara throws at Heatblast is gonna actually harm him significantly, even if Katara does hit him with a massive wave attack he'll be able to boil off the majority before it hits him, reducing its weight and therefore its power.
Well she can also control ice and Heatblast is basically in an area full of it

Well she can also control ice and Heatblast is basically in an area full of it
It's not like she can control the entire environment around her. A significant portion, sure, but not the whole thing.
Already mentioned that. I just don't think any amount of water will be able to negate the raw heat that Heatblast can put out. There's also the fact that she's only 9-B physically, so if he so much as twitches a muscle against her physically she dies.

Already mentioned that. I just don't think any amount of water will be able to negate the raw heat that Heatblast can put out. There's also the fact that she's only 9-B physically, so if he so much as twitches a muscle against her physically she dies.
Should I increase the starting distance then? Pretty sure that if she was fighting a guy made of fire who was standing on ice she'd know how to deal with him

Should I increase the starting distance then? Pretty sure that if she was fighting a guy made of fire who was standing on ice she'd know how to deal with him
Sure, but it's not like he won't gradually approach. Eventually he will land a hit on her, and she'll get scorched or turned into a red mist from the AP-Dura difference.

Well, Katara did create a water bubble around the gaang when they were travelling under the lake of the serpent's pass, so she was technically keeping up a whole lake's worth of water above her. And later at the same location, she and Aang created a massive whirpool to knock out the giant serpent. And that was season 3 premiere Katara; mid-to-late book 3 Katara would be even more skilled. I think she could control enough water in the environment to hit Heatblast before his passive heat vaporizes all of it.

I think she could control enough water in the environment to hit Heatblast before his passive heat vaporizes all of it.
Not passive heat, active heat. Passive Heatblast can stand next to people without cooking them, his active heat (i.e the fireballs he blasts, and himself when he chooses to) is the dangerous one.

Well, Katara did create a water bubble around the gaang when they were travelling under the lake of the serpent's pass, so she was technically keeping up a whole lake's worth of water above her.
...No? Maybe there's more context to it and I don't know but making an air bubble to breathe while you dive underwater absolutely does not require holding up all the water above you.

I think she could control enough water in the environment to hit Heatblast before his passive heat vaporizes all of it.
You also have to consider that while Ben isn't incredibly smart, he isn't dumb either. He will eventually try and hit Katara directly, at which point she would have to focus purely on defense because even a graze from Heatblast's strikes will kill her due to 9-B dura.

I'm not entirely sure but I'm pretty sure heatblast has had his flames put out by being doused with enough water to drench someone.

Like I said, not sure, take it with a grain of salt

In this battle, Heatblast is in character, right? Because i think Katara can't survive to this in the Heatblast 10 years old scale
ben10-heatblast.gif

Oh, it reignites that fast? The description made it sound like it would take a while. In that case, I'm voting Heatblast. In fact, it may even be a stomp.
And not forget he can battle in a intense rain and his flames tanks the constant water, with his standars melee attack can evaporice a MONSTER made by water, he had the advance in the "speed battle" in the sky
heatblast-ben10.gif

Voting for Heatblast

Should I make the battle take place during a full moon as well, then? With a full moon, Katara beat Zuko in less than 10 seconds and he's also around 7-C

If this is too unfair I might just make the opponent Toph or Azula

Should I make the battle take place during a full moon as well, then? With a full moon, Katara beat Zuko in less than 10 seconds and he's also around 7-C

If this is too unfair I might just make the opponent Toph or Azula
I think putting the guy with casual water vaporisation feats against someone whose sole method of attacking (outside of physically, because that'd be suicide for her) is using water is unfair, yes.

I think putting the guy with casual water vaporisation feats against someone whose sole method of attacking (outside of physically, because that'd be suicide for her) is using water is unfair, yes.
Okay it takes place during a full moon now

Uh, does Heatblast have blood like a normal human's? I'm not sure if there's anything for Katara to control.
No, he's an alien so blood bending is ineffective. Plus it's a bit out of character for Katara to use it since she thinks it's wrong and has only ever used it on the man she thought was responsible for her mother's murder

Then there's no point in making it a full moon.
I thought that water benders were more powerful during full moons. Zuko also said "you rise with the moon, I rise with the sun". That implies firebenders are stronger during day time and water benders are stronger during night time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back