• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kars is at his peak, Low 2-C Sol Badguy will be used, speed equalized, both in character, who wins and why?

I want to be the Ultimate Life form!: 4

I already am the Ultimate Life form!: 0

Inconclusive:

Story: Kars is just sitting around the White House or something, but then he hears of a guy who calls himself the Ultimate Lifeform. Kars gets jealous, and challenges him to a fight. Kars comes extra prepared since he has all of his stands, and is at his peak for this fight. Kars starts by bitchslappning him, and now I'm gonna go eat breakfast.

Following, thought about this

So what can Kars do vs Passive Info Manip? At any rate Time Stopping Sol is off the table

Kars will have all of his stands, so he can maybe undo this? I don't know man, I'm not super knowledgeable on Guilty Gear sadly.

No problem iirc the verse is meant to be getting looked at. But anyway time stopping Sol is out at the very least, not sure U N D E R S T A N D s gonna work when Sol passively rewrites Kars and his everything. If Kars can come back from that though we might have a discussion.

Why's it out of the question? resistance obviously. But Kars The World is able to completely time stop Dio, who didn't even notice Kars stopping time and dodging his attacks, who, of course, resists time stop (Especially in the ultimate state).

Sol can reach Immeasurable speed, that resist carries over even with speed equalised. Unless Kars has a feat of time stopping someone of that level its not working

Isn't that via a void feat or something?

Also that only really matters if we're using that speed tier. OP can choose if we using MFTL or that.

I can't remember think it comes from Sol moving in a place where time doesn't exist or smth like that. Either way I still believe it wouldn't work.

Anyhow can U N D E R S T A N D get past Sol passively rewriting his everything? Iirc it's 4D Info Manip and affects mind, body and soul all at once.

>mind, body and soul all at once.

For what it's worth Understand can unnderstand 4D abilities and Kars has a lot of minds and souls. He can deal with losing a few, or few hundred. Body is a bigger issue but given characters like George spontaneously learned how to astral project their soul and leave their body literally only because he didn't like a bit of pai, I'm sure Kars could develop that, if he doesn't already know how given he has mastery of the soul and knows how it works, functions and can even rip souls out of others or eat them.

There's also other stuff iirc like passive deconstruction based off the Sol vs Ren thread, regardless I'm not the most knowledgeable on guilty gear. So I guess we wait for Bware1 to show up hopefully

Stillwinston said:
Sol can reach Immeasurable speed, that resist carries over even with speed equalised. Unless Kars has a feat of time stopping someone of that level its not working
Speed is equalized, so Sol won't go immeasurable for this.

Actually ya know what I'll vote for Kars atm, if he can legit get past Sol's passives idk what else Sol can do. Sealing might work but I doubt it

Can someone inform me how quickly Understand is thrown out, and how his stands can undo an event that's already done? I don't see Causality Manip on Kars' profile

Bware1 said:
Can someone inform me how quickly Understand is thrown out, and how his stands can undo an event that's already done? I don't see Causality Manip on Kars' profile
He sees or experiences it. He copies and adapts to the power immediately and uses it better than the original.

Planck69 said:
Bware1 said:
He sees or experiences it. He copies and adapts to the power immediately and uses it better than the original.
Ok, but if actually has to "See" it then that's much slower then a passive. Which he will already be haxed, unless thier is something that I'm missing.

Understand is passive. There is no throw out, it's basically automatic. Every single power Kars got in the novel he got from just understanding the power and copying it n steroids, even if he didnt truly understand the exact mechanics, he could still copy it.

BTD has time travel (Novel BTD is actually a fuckton better than the canon version, it's far more than just simple time rewind, it can even be used specifically on Kars himself to rewind his own time and can and has been used to escape sealing and paralel dimensions), MIH has time travel (Can also target Kars only, speeding him up but nothing else), D4CU can replace Kars with a different Kars, who would for all intents and purposes understand what happened and then adapt resistances and copy powers.

There's multiple ways tbh, Sol resists a few of them but it doesnt really matter if Kars targets himself opposed to Sol.

Bware1 said:
Ok, but if actually has to "See" it then that's much slower then a passive. Which he will already be haxed, unless thier is something that I'm missing.
Even his body experiencing it is enough for the adaptation to take place. And BtD can rewind time anyway.

>Which he will already be haxed

That's for copying it, he can still spontaneously adapt resistances in some cases, dude adapted a resistance to BTD without ever having seen it before, the fate manip on it straight up never occured for him.

@Planck69 So basically Kars doesn't die and just learns the ability for himself after it's already been done?

Not Planck but literally how it works yeah. It's how he got all the Stands he has. (Although a few powers he copied at a glance like Dune and arguably Das Boot). Except Killer Queen, he straight up stole that one to prove a point.

Then Sol doesn't really have any options if his powers are just going to get copied. He can't do anything

What caliber are the powers? Kars has only shown feats of copying up to low 2-C/4D.

Basically the extent of his Passives which isn't just Info Hax but is also Soul, Mind, Matter (Macro Quantum), Deconstruction, Death, and EE. Which can affect the Universe as well as a 4-D space through merging them into one. Kars should be able to copy them just fine. Thier is also his strength which is 20x above baseline.

Kars resists soul and mind hax to start with it. EE and Deconstruction and Death manip are probably well within within Kars ability to adapt. Only thing there that I'm not sure on is macro quantam matter manip, nothing like that exists within JoJo (I mean there's infinite matter deconstruction and all that fun shit, although, matter manip aint gonna kill Kars anyway so it doesnt matter, especially when Kars probably has some nifty soul manip going by other characters he would scale off).

We dont know if Kars can copy physical stats, given he never had to given he's the strongest ****** in the novel by far so Kars aint copying his strength, itd be a NLF. But the powers, resistances and amplyfying his existing powers to overcome resistances is all fair game.

Sol gets absolutely hax stomped unfortunately. D4CU and KQ are too much to bypass individually, much less at once so Kars survives the initial attack and then understands.

Sol can see the Stands since ghosts and stuff are visible in GG. However, he's likely to misunderstand their nature cuz similar stuff exists in GG (Testament's sexy crow, Dizzy's wings, the yandere ghost possessing Zappa, Zato and Eddie, Millia's hair etc.) and would attack Kars directly instead of seemingly wasting time attacking the Stands. Kars survives and adapts and then its gg.

Then again this is looking like a stomp since he can't put Kars down for good. At best Sol can maybe DI when he sees that his haxes aren't working and try to override his resistances and win that way.

the key to beating Kars is instant killing him while killing D4CU, KQBTD, and Kars very own soul as well. D4CU is the biggest issue though.

Because otherwise, Kars doesnt even need to come back to the fight, he could send dupes to do it for him while he chills in a different universe, meaning cross universal range if you dont kill D4CU instantly is kinda needed as well.

Back