• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary Discussion Thread

Considering he comes back a good amount, I wouldn't say he dislikes it. His arc is overall popular amongst fans although he doesn't have the best reputation. I don't think his character was meant to have a good reputation by any means. He is meant to be a character that is both hated but has a strong desire to become strong (which is something that is respectable).
His arc was just one episode and it somehow work so good, that's magical to say

Happy New Year to everyone!

tumblr_p1vu7k7Jir1ss578uo1_1280.jpg

sidenote before Revice story was changed in universe revice was a world where kamen rider was fiction (pre-development) some plot point existing left over with george a good example with cross-overs being easy with revice . saber still stuck in (fiction) with revice/geats was made in the real world instead of going to "fiction to real" also geats has shown wishes/pocket dimension

Last edited:
Sorry in advance because I'm about to go on a big a rant because of a dumb argument.

So, in Revice, Sakura and Aguilera has a side arc that turns into a character arc for both of them in the middle of the show, right?

When the show ended, there seemed to be a rise in Sakura hate and one of the main complaints is this: "She got so much focus that the show turned to Kamen Rider Jeanne and that she took time away from the main characters".

Oh my god, I'm about to scream. Like her or not, this is one of the worst arguments against a character of all time.

SO WHEN CHARACTERS LIKE VULCAN, CHALICE, MACH, CHASER, G3, GILLS, GATACK, CROSS-Z, AND MANY MANY OTHERS DOES THE EXACT SAME THING AND TO A HIGHER DEGREE, WHY IS SHE THE ONLY ONE GETTING THIS ARGUMENT AGAINST HER.

This is worse by that fact that she is a tertiary rider and is supposed to be a main focus of an arc or two. Series like Blade and Drive have tertiary riders (Chalice and Chaser respectively) that has a series long arc that is just as, if not more important than the main rider. Yet when it comes to Sakura, this is the only time where that argument is brought up.

So, when fans want and advocated for more female riders to have a bigger role in KR, and when writers give that chance for a female rider to get bigger roles, why is it now a big criticism for her to get that spotlight that people wanted?

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

So, when fans want and advocated for more female riders to have a bigger role in KR, and when writers give that chance for a female rider to get bigger roles, why is it now a big criticism for her to get that spotlight that people wanted?
You probably already know the answer: the people complaints arent the same people who want female riders to have bigger role.
This is a broad fandom that extend to multiple countries after all. We are not a hivemind, there will be people who have different opinions, resulting people cheering for different outcome of the writers' decisions. There will be people hates such change and there will be people who support it.

This is worse by that fact that she is a tertiary rider and is supposed to be a main focus of an arc or two. Series like Blade and Drive have tertiary riders (Chalice and Chaser respectively) that has a series long arc that is just as, if not more important than the main rider. Yet when it comes to Sakura, this is the only time where that argument is brought up.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
the problem is she took screen time with the cost of the 1st & 2nd development and other people (writers pet ) people wont mind if the story was good

it literally became this but fans (Japanese fans wanted hiromi who supposed to die on Ep1) but the writer hated that wanted them to love his OC he copied and paste of his novels name and all
I wish Revice was mostly just Ikki and friends going around helping people with their inner demons instead of... Whatever the **** the plot devolved into after Hiromi fell. NTA but "People's inner desires and dark sides come out as physical demons" is such an inherently good plot hook. And we got *******, nothing out of it past Q1. Vice became a domesticated puppy before the first 12 episodes even ended, Kagerou admittedly had a decent first arc, but then fell to the wayside. Lovekof is the only good thing about Revice. Even the Deadmans, the literal "We gave into our desires and inner demons" crew barely got any ******* thing out of it.
Even Donbrothers did more with the "desires into demons" shit and that show's MotW are an afterthought
here a example ikki said he empathy with Daimon losing his love ones(movie)
doesn't explain why
Great writing as usual,
The action is the only good thing from this movie

Last edited:
Welp, let all be glad that our lord and savior Yuuya Takahashi is here to make Geats a show that most of us can enjoy (if not all) 👀👌

Welp, let all be glad that our lord and savior Yuuya Takahashi is here to make Geats a show that most of us can enjoy (if not all) 👀👌
keep in mind revice barely made money above saber even tho REVICE was the 50th anniversary(they hit the button when in trouble sure ex-aid/01 had problems it made money and alot of people like it) -FF7 remake a good example-

keep in mind revice barely made money above saber even tho REVICE was the 50th anniversary(they hit the button when in trouble sure ex-aid/01 had problems it made money and alot of people like it) -FF7 remake a good example-
Yeah, I have seen the toy sales chart of Revice, it surely look grim. But I heard there are many factors that led to such result, like many of the toys were locked behind the Bandai Priemium bar, so their price were expensives, although I also heard that not many people want buy them in the first place, except the Demons Driver

it literally became this but fans (Japanese fans wanted hiromi who supposed to die on Ep1) but the writer hated that wanted them to love his OC he copied and paste of his novels name and all
I wish Revice was mostly just Ikki and friends going around helping people with their inner demons instead of... Whatever the **** the plot devolved into after Hiromi fell. NTA but "People's inner desires and dark sides come out as physical demons" is such an inherently good plot hook. And we got *******, nothing out of it past Q1. Vice became a domesticated puppy before the first 12 episodes even ended, Kagerou admittedly had a decent first arc, but then fell to the wayside. Lovekof is the only good thing about Revice. Even the Deadmans, the literal "We gave into our desires and inner demons" crew barely got any ******* thing out of it.
Even Donbrothers did more with the "desires into demons" shit and that show's MotW are an afterthought
here a example ikki said he empathy with Daimon losing his love ones(movie)
doesn't explain why
Great writing as usual,
The action is the only good thing from this movie

Then i encourage you to make a petition to cancel Kinoshita to never touch Kamen Rider ever again

Yuya is like the equalivent of Taguchi from Ultraman

Man if only covid didn't screw it all, 01 would be more fleshed out than the current we have (even if it was already good, yeah Thouser arc got dragged too long but can't blame it at all)

Last edited:
Yeah, I have seen the toy sales chart of Revice, it surely look grim. But I heard there are many factors that led to such result, like many of the toys were locked behind the Bandai Priemium bar, so their price were expensives, although I also heard that not many people want buy them in the first place, except the Demons Driver
Okay but hear me out, Solomon/Grimoire WRB is the least "Premium Bandai" we have in Reiwa Era, bottom at best unlike Ark Driver and Chimera Driver lel

How much money did they make off of gaim? (You guys said it was decently okay)
Gaim was surprisingly made lower than it's peers like OOO and Fourze, despite how Gaim has one of the top tier story among the Kamen Rider franchise.
EDIT: now that I looked at the chart again. Seem like Gaim did decently well !!
33hxfjwdumf71.jpg
Man if only covid didn't screw it all, 01 would be more fleshed out than the current we have (even if it was already good, yeah Thouser arc got dragged too long but can't blame it at all)
I like Zero-One in it's entirety so that wasnt really a problem for me 👌
who’s the guy that made Kamen rider drive again?
Riku Sanjo is the main writer of Drive

Gaim was surprisingly made lower than it's peers like OOO and Fourze, despite how Gaim has one of the top tier story among the Kamen Rider franchise.
EDIT: now that I looked at the chart again. Seem like Gaim did decently well !!
33hxfjwdumf71.jpg

I like Zero-One in it's entirety so that wasnt really a problem for me 👌

Riku Sanjo is the main writer of Drive
I hate to be the people who worked on hibiki since it seems to be the lowest regarding full billion earnings

I hate to be the people who worked on hibiki since it seems to be the lowest regarding full billion earnings
Hibiki was regarded as one of the most underwelming story in Kamen Rider franchise, so it's not a surprise.
It's still shocking for me to learn that Kamen Rider Kabuto, one of the most beloved Kamen Rider, only made 1 bilions higher than Hibiki

Hibiki was regarded as one of the most underwelming story in Kamen Rider franchise, so it's not a surprise.
It's still shocking for me to learn that Kamen Rider Kabuto, one of the most beloved Kamen Rider, only made 1 bilions higher than Hibiki
Some People have terrible taste, you can’t prevent that.

Technically, Hibiki wasnt intended to be a Kamen Rider, they only slap the title of the Kamen Rider on it to attract investors.
The main characters arent even called Kamen Rider, they are called "Oni".
Some People have terrible taste, you can’t prevent that.
No, Kabuto is incredibly good and really well-received in the community. It's one of my first Kamen Rider and still remain as one of my favorites.

Back