• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary Discussion Thread

Technically, Hibiki wasnt intended to be a Kamen Rider, they only slap the title of the Kamen Rider on it to attract investors.
The main characters arent even called Kamen Rider, they are called "Oni".

No, Kabuto is incredibly good and really well-received in the community. It's one of my first Kamen Rider and still remain as one of my favorites.
I meant terrible taste as in critic problem or something. (Sure the fans and community like it but not necessarily critics)

a lot of possible factors like a covid related thing or something else could have also affected sales magi.

Isn't Kabuto story is all over the place? Which mean it wasn't that good
Yeah, but the execution for the episodic arcs were really well-done. Suitable for a speedster series like Kabuto
I meant terrible taste as in critic problem or something. (Sure the fans and community like it but not necessarily critics)

a lot of possible factors like a covid related thing or something else could have also affected sales magi.
Nah, the reasons why the sales were so low was really obvious. Kabuto has a much more mature and dark story compares to other seasons, making the kids uninterested in watching it, let alone buying the season's toys

Nah, the reasons why the sales were so low was really obvious. Kabuto has a much more mature and dark story compares to other seasons, making the kids uninterested in watching it, let alone buying the season's toys

Oops forgot to factor in age group.

kids these days are missing out on some really good stuff.

Yeah, but the execution for the episodic arcs were really well-done. Suitable for a speedster series like Kabuto
Good points, it just that outside from Tendou, Kagami, and Sasword, most of the chars are underwhelming (iirc even Drake is the most disliked one)
Which is why CSM exist lel

Good points, it just that outside from Tendou, Kagami, and Sasword, most of the chars are underwhelming (iirc even Drake is the most disliked one)
Drake was fine, he was just got overshadowed by Kabuto and Gattack...and Sasword.
Badass indeed.

I think we should find a way to teach kids dark themes without getting into something similar like kabuto
Gaim also has a similar level of dark story, and it did became successful to the kids and adult alike.

Gaim also has a similar level of dark story, and it did became successful to the kids and adult alike.
But it’s funny with fruit and the Kamen rider designs I guess.

but I was wondering if they ever made kids meal toys for Kamen rider.

I mean there are fast food restaurants in japan and I’m sure one way companies like Kamen rider can make money is by making toys to give out when a child buys a meal at a fast food place

the problem is she took screen time with the cost of the 1st & 2nd development and other people (writers pet ) people wont mind if the story was good
My problem with that argument is that everyone else in the show falls under that problem. It's a much deeper problem than just "Sakura taking screen time". Revice has too many characters, even more than Saber..

My problem with that argument is that everyone else in the show falls under that problem. It's a much deeper problem than just "Sakura taking screen time". Revice has too many characters, even more than Saber..

oh fate/apocrypha problem?

aka you make too many characters and because there’s a limit to how many episodes you can have of a series. You can’t fully flesh out everyone. So it feels like some are static/flat.

oh fate/apocrypha problem?

aka you make too many characters and because there’s a limit to how many episodes you can have of a series. You can’t fully flesh out everyone. So it feels like some are static/flat.
Yea, it was a Saber problem but it was amplified in Revice. Revice also had A LOT more problems.

I don't hate Revice by any means but its a very mixed bag for me. The first half of Revice was awesome. Most of the specials were golden. It's just that it didn't stick the second half.

Ah, guess i retake what i said lel
Man, now i wish Sasword got an Hyper Form as well, he deserve better

Also i'm surprised that most of the folks still count Kickhopper/Punchopper as a final forms
Most of the Kabuto Riders were pretty well liked to extremely well liked. I wouldn't count on the sales too much to judge popularity.

Yea, it was a Saber problem but it was amplified in Revice. Revice also had A LOT more problems.

I don't hate Revice by any means but its a very mixed bag for me. The first half of Revice was awesome. Most of the specials were golden. It's just that it didn't stick the second half.

I think the fate/apocrypha problem isn’t necessarily bad if the guys making the company planned everything out and the show will go on for maybe 50 episodes or something.

what I’m saying is if the show will run for a long time then having too much characters shouldn’t be a problem most of the time, since you will have a decent amount of time of fleshing and giving them personalities, character development, and other important things about a character.

note: it’s called the fate apocrypha problem for me because the anime fate apocrypha, (they tried adding two sides with 7 servants on both sides and multiple mages and characters but since fate apocrypha has like around 24 episodes. You don’t have enough time to flesh out everyone. Not to mention some got more screen time then others)

Be like Urobutcher (writer of Gaim): when your series has too many characters, you put the rest of the characters into the dept of despair to raise the main characters up
quote-i-have-nothing-but-contempt-for-the-deceitful-thing-men-call-happiness-and-find-myself-gen-urobuchi-80-53-26.jpg

I think the fate/apocrypha problem isn’t necessarily bad if the guys making the company planned everything out and the show will go on for maybe 50 episodes or something.

what I’m saying is if the show will run for a long time then having too much characters shouldn’t be a problem most of the time, since you will have a decent amount of time of fleshing and giving them personalities, character development, and other important things about a character.

note: it’s called the fate apocrypha problem for me because the anime fate apocrypha, (they tried adding two sides with 7 servants on both sides and multiple mages and characters but since fate apocrypha has like around 24 episodes. You don’t have enough time to flesh out everyone. Not to mention some got more screen time then others)
Yea I agree. Another problem is that it's not planned. Most of the people in Revice have their character moments but it was incredibly sloppy. Some have good arcs and some have terrible arcs (Giff). The problem is with things such as Demons Troopers, the whole Over Demons thing, Invincible Jeanne. Things that were not planned out at all.

Over Demons thing got to be one of the worst decisions that started the avalanche that completely ****** Revice.

Tfw a series that peoples were very pessimistict due of Fukuda bad reputation ended up much better and surpassed the series that peoples has a high hopes for
Even the movie?
Most of the Kabuto Riders were pretty well liked to extremely well liked. I wouldn't count on the sales too much to judge popularity.
I mostly talking about Drake but i already retake on what i said about him lel

Tfw a series that peoples were very pessimistict due of Fukuda bad reputation ended up much better and surpassed the series that peoples has a high hopes for
Oh, saber hate is still real although not as much as before.
Even the movie?
Yea, I think the movies were pretty good.
I mostly talking about Drake but i already retake on what i said about him lel
Oh, Drake's actor was busy (I think he was a model or something) during his time in Kabuto.

Yea I agree. Another problem is that it's not planned. Most of the people in Revice have their character moments but it was incredibly sloppy. Some have good arcs and some have terrible arcs (Giff). The problem is with things such as Demons Troopers, the whole Over Demons thing, Invincible Jeanne. Things that were not planned out at all.

Over Demons thing got to be one of the worst decisions that started the avalanche that completely ****** Revice.
Guess this is why everytime you make a series you should write it down and prepare. (Just in case an actor gets injured or any real life event happens that can mess with the show)

also I guess deal with on the fly stuff matters too.

Guess this is why everytime you make a series you should write it down and prepare. (Just in case an actor gets injured or any real life event happens that can mess with the show)

also I guess deal with on the fly stuff matters too.
Yea, rider is incredibly hard to plan for but it is what it is.

Sometimes, the writers just wing it and somehow they make the best episodes or story.

china likes saber too even more than "ultraman TIGA" at one moment and that their super Nostalgia series
Trigger is average and even then it's enjoyable, nowhere the same as X/Orb/Z for sure, and it still below Geed and Taiga, but i put it above the rest of New Gen series
Not counting Decker right now as the series are still ongoing, but it will soon join X/Orb/Z gang for sure

But yeah, Saber is such of underdog
What makes Saber is more memorable is the memes and goofiness of it, which Revice is lacking of it (yes i know Revice is goofy as well but it's nowhere the same level as 01 and Saber)

Back