• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi_Schwarz

She/Her
As a fan of both series,i feel like these 2 are underrated so im pitting them against each other.

Conditions

-Speed Equal

-Both are in character but willing to kill

-Post Revival Kakine

-7-B Merlin

-Fight takes place in Buckingham palace

Kakine's revival

Merlin in a classy suit

Hold up boys,the wikia is being a bitch right now and i cant upload merlin's picture...****

Putting it later when its not ****** anymore

Well for starters he has his regen and he also has this on his profile

"Defensive Measures. Kakine appears to be capable of using Dark Matter to protect himself from danger, as he's not bothered by his own explosions and was completely unharmed after Accelerator reflected his ramming attack"

Hmm... Well, Merlin is not bothering with killing in any case so regen won't be a problem.

She also plays a lot on defensive so her barriers will help with his durabilty ignoring thing and she has dangerous BFR and Shrinking abilty, add 3000+ years of experience and knowledge and i think she could end up as a winner here.

^

Policeman

Honestly speaking Blanked has some great points. Not to mention even if it's not magic I think Merlin's abilities should mostly work. So yes, the loli assistant to Arthur wins

Though very similar in nature in Toaru magic and esper powers are different enough that there's anti-magic stuff that doesn't affect espers and anti-esper stuff that doesn't affect magic. So no, Merlin's anti-magic abilities would do nothing unless its shown to affect psychic powers in her series. This should already be obvious by the fact Kakine doesn't use spells, enchanted items or anything like that.

What kind of BFR are we talking about? Because the only thing I see explained in her page is teleporting people several miles away, and that doesn't give you a victory by BFR, especially at the speeds these characters can move where that's just an annoyance and it only takes a couple of seconds to get back to the fight. Kakine doesn't even need to do that, he can just transfer his conscience to Dark Matter that was left in the battle zone, essentially respawning himself next to her again whenever she tries to teleport him away.

I don't see any way for Merlin to actually put down Kakine and win here or in her page. Shrinking is useless, Kakine can just grow in size again and/or make another regular-sized body for himself. Meanwhile he can easily outlast her due to virtually infinite stamina. Eventually she's going to get tired and get overwhelmed by the hundreds of clones that will be attacking her.

Alright Tied

Kakine and Merlin:2

I legit want this to be a match that gets a lot of brainstorming

His body is made of Dark Matter, the thing he creates and can manipulate in shape enough to make hundreds of copies of himself + various monsters like 5m long dragonflies and giant 15m Dark Matter beetles. And we also see Beetle 05 change size as a beetle from being as small as a keychain to going to his original 15m form.

I see, the only problem I see is the fact Merlin would likely put him into a special container if she shrinks him.

A container he should be able to break by growing to become even bigger than he originally was? I mean, even if you try to claim the container is indestructible, which would be a NLF, it wouldn't affect Kakine in any way if Merlin shrinks his body and puts it in a vial. He can just respawn himself outside the container from any Dark Matter that's left.

Doubt he can destroy it or make his power work inside it as Grayroad couldn't use her "black" matter to free from it.

That said can Merlin just shrink the dark matter as well? She shrunk a freakin tornado with outmost easy.

A character that's listed here as Unknown? You're need to give better proof than that, because most time characters that are shrunk by these kinds of power they're overall weakened by the change in size, which is factually not the case with Kakine.

Why would she try to immediately shrink the Dark Matter that's not part of Kakine's body instead of trying to shrink Kakine in her first try? She doesn't have any knowledge on Kakine or how his ability works. Even if she tries to do it after the inevitable failure when she tries for the first time, she needs to get every single particle of Dark Matter inside (so you need proof she can work at this level), and Kakine is not going to give her that opportunity, he's not an idiot. After he first experiences it he's going to keep Dark Matter hidden and outside the immediate area of the fight as a safe spot, just like he did in his fight with Accelerator. Hell, it's very likely he never tries to face her directly and just sticks to spamming clones at her from well outside her range until she tires out and is overwhelmed like he did in the first part of his rematch with Accelerator, so trapping those clones would be useless.

Well, trying to keep range is worthless due to her teleportation, that said Merlin's power were never explained perfectly so i am fine with this.

Change my vote on KEK(Kakine) for Lazy's reasons.

Sure thing.

Kakine:3

Merlin:1 (?) (it seems Core voted for merlin due to Blanked's reasoning.now that blanked switch to kakine and Lazy Debunked the "Magic" issue.......does it still count?)

@Blanked

I mean, unless the other person has planetary range teleportation and sensing capabilities, Kakine can always just send a microscopic bug away from the fight and into another country/continent and direct the fight from there with the enemy none the wiser.

kakine:7

Merlin:0 (I dont think Core's vote counts anymore.)

And with that....we get a decisive win for kakine.

Nah.Lets wait for more inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back