• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
bro.gif

So how does Dark Matter bypass the Infinity?
light pass's through the infinity and Kakine can alter the laws acting on light reflecting off his wing to do damage

Also from what I can tell he has no feats of stopping subatomic particles which is what darkmatter is

light pass's through the infinity and Kakine can alter the laws acting on light reflecting off his wing to do damage

Also from what I can tell he has no feats of stopping subatomic particles which is what darkmatter is
Guess it’s safe to assume he cannot stop Dark Matter rather than being able to. Gojo has win cons?

Kakine can bypass filters that deem stuff as harmful and non-harmful such as exploiting the logic of erasers and natural sunlight being considered as non-harmful and turning mundane phenomenon (like wind, light, or his wings) into something harmful, which is exactly what he did vs Accelerator.

And Kakine can keep updating his parameters to account for his opponent constantly adapting their filter.
As soon as Kakine said that, his white wings suddenly let out an intense, bright light.

“?!”

Accelerator felt a pain like he was being slowly roasted, and reflexively got away from
Kakine. Then he realized the strangeness of what had just happened.

Accelerator, who reflected every vector, had just been affected by an outside force.

“That was diffraction. When light waves and electrons pass through a slit, the waves
scatter in different directions. It’s in high school textbooks. If you make more than one
slit, you can make the waves interfere with one another.”

Basically, his white wings had tiny gaps too small to see, and those gaps changed the
nature of the sunlight coming through them and attacked him...or so Accelerator figured.
His wings hadn’t made light—they’d altered the light passing through them.

“Yeah, like everything, it all depends on how you use it. How’s it feel to die from a
sunburn?”

But...

“...Looks like you flunked physics, moron. Use diffraction all you want—you can’t change
sunlight into a death beam.”

“Maybe not, if I was obeying this universe’s physics.”

Kakine began to boost his wings with power as though drawing back a bowstring.

“But my Dark Matter is a new kind of matter that doesn’t exist in this universe. Our
existing laws of physics don’t apply to it. Any sunlight that touches the Dark Matter and
reflects off it starts working on independent laws. It’s called a foreign substance for a
reason. A tiny bit of it and the world changes completely.”

The six wings flapped. They stirred up a gale, and as Accelerator buffeted it with his
reflection, he realized what Kakine was after. He looked right at him to see him smiling
thinly.

“...I’m done reverse-engineering it.”

“!!”

Accelerator tried to get out of the way, but Kakine had already unleashed his six wings:
as simple blunt killing instruments.

Dull sounds ripped through Accelerator’s innards.

His body, reflecting every vector, was blown away. He crashed into a tree over ten
meters away, breaking its thick trunk in one go.

“Guh, pah...?!”

(The sunlight, the gale...their meaning...!!)

“Accelerator, you say you reflect everything, but that’s not quite accurate.”

Kakine’s wings silently extended.

They looked like giant swords now, over twenty meters long. Accelerator jumped over a
building top, but the wings, positioned vertically, struck him like a crumbling tower.

“If you reflect sound, you can’t hear anything. If you reflect matter, you can’t hold
anything. You unconsciously filter out the harmful from the beneficial, and you only
reflect what you don’t need.”

As Accelerator coughed up blood, he jumped to the side, breaking through the remains
of a water storage tank.

The white wings swung down, ripping through the building from its roof to midway
through, spreading dust everywhere.

“My Dark Matter affected that sunlight and wind just now. I injected them with twenty--
five thousand vectors each. After that, your reflection used its good-bad filter—I just had
to attack from the direction of a vector you’re unconsciously letting through.”

Even if Accelerator changed his reflection’s composition, Kakine would redo his search
in an instant.
It would trap him in a vicious cycle. He’d just accumulate damage while
switching between attack and defense.

“This is Dark Matter,” grinned Kakine Teitoku, holding his six wings at the ready. “A
space filled with a foreign substance. A space you don’t know shit about.”

-Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 15 Chapter 5 Part 3

Last edited:
Does Gojo have any wincons?
Unlimited Void?
Kakine being made of darkmatter mean UV wouldn't work, combined with the fact its unknown matter Gojo has never seen, I'm inclined to say the limitless wouldn't be able to block Kakine body at all.

I agree with your verdict, but Infinity can stop sub-atomic particles. It can stop flames from affecting him. And heat transfer occurs via subatomic particles IIRC.

Show it stoping the sub-particles and not heat, it stopped fire not heat.
He said Jogo's flame never reached him... if the scorching heat reached him, he wouldn't have claimed such. That's like... the MAIN factor of a fire attack. What good is fire that can't transfer heat at all?

From what I know heat is transferred through molecules and atoms not subatomic particles. But even if it can, Gojo has to first analyze it and considering dm is elementary particles that are completely new particles its unlikely he'd analyze it quick enough or even be able to.

Kakine FRA, Gojo usually start's off with blue or goes H2H but his physical prowess and abilities lack the AP to harm Kakine, I'm not familiar with what Kakine would start off with in a battle but I'm assuming he would be able to use his dark matter to bypass infinity and use it as a weapon to harm Gojo
I agree with your verdict, but Infinity can stop sub-atomic particles. It can stop flames from affecting him. And heat transfer occurs via subatomic particles IIRC.
I don't remember heat transfer being able to occur on a sub-atomic level tbh, but If that's the case I will lean my vote towards Gojo due to his Domain Expansion

From what I know heat is transferred through molecules and atoms not subatomic particles. But even if it can, Gojo has to first analyze it and considering dm is elementary particles that are completely new particles its unlikely he'd analyze it quick enough or even be able to.
I agree. That's why I said I agree with the verdict. I just disagreed with the sentiment Infinity couldn't stop sub-atomic particles if he's aware of them.
Kakine FRA, Gojo usually start's off with blue or goes H2H but his physical prowess and abilities lack the AP to harm Kakine, I'm not familiar with what Kakine would start off with in a battle but I'm assuming he would be able to use his dark matter to bypass infinity and use it as a weapon to harm Gojo

I don't remember heat transfer being able to occur on a sub-atomic level tbh, but If that's the case I will lean my vote towards Gojo due to his Domain Expansion
I wouldn't if I were you. Gojo has no clue what Dark Matter is. Infinity wouldn't account for it.

Gojo will have a wincon in the form of UV if it's the first key
I think he currently has that wincon with this key, its just not in character for him to start off with his domain which will be the reason why he looses this one

Back