• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Chapter 40 is officially out:

Mina is very popular and Kafka is joining First Division
The dynamic between Narumi and Kafka is way different than I expect but it will lead to some cool conflict in future.

Also crazy how Japan’s best Kaiju Hunter is so desperate for clout.

He seem to need something to stroke his ego. Poor Kikoru has to witness the strongest Division Commander act in this manner. This is why you don’t meet your heroes, cause they are people and people are shit

Minor detail but the newspaper seems to note that the Kaiju Gen one-shot is Fortitude 7.2
Yeah Gen is definitely not the best example for the rookies of the defense force lol.

Interesting so a decently strong Kaiju is what Gen took out and with ease too.

More Gen being himself (I love the cover page)

Bunch of Kaiju shake the place and create a massive hole

Get to see some of the members from First Division

Kikoru and Kafka is heading into battle

Overall… the chapter feels so short after a two week break

More Gen being himself (I love the cover page)

Bunch of Kaiju shake the place and create a massive hole

Get to see some of the members from First Division

Kikoru and Kafka is heading into battle

Overall… the chapter feels so short after a two week break
Shame we don’t know exactly how many Kaiju contributed to the hole
So even if calced we wouldn’t know how strong they’d be individually, regardless pretty terrifying to have multiple city blocks get sunk into a massive hole.

I love how Narumi went from looking like a mess to cool in like 5 seconds after hearing the first division was deploying.

Shame we don’t know exactly how many Kaiju contributed to the hole
So even if calced we wouldn’t know how strong they’d be individually, regardless pretty terrifying to have multiple city blocks get sunk into a massive hole.

I love how Narumi went from looking like a mess to cool in like 5 seconds after hearing the first division was deploying.
I say we still calculate the destruction. We might get to see who scales to it in the next chapter... Might even be the cause of a Daikaiju or even a powerful Honju.

That is why I love Narumi. He can be a slob and totally disgraceful but he sure know when to get serious at times. And the way he look after putting on that jacket and leading the division to battle was an amazing panel.

That is why I love Narumi. He can be a slob and totally disgraceful but he sure know when to get serious at times. And the way he look after putting on that jacket and leading the division to battle was an amazing panel.
Yeah, Narumi was introduced just a few chapters ago and he is already in my top 5 for the verse (Kafka, Kikoru, Soshiro, Reno and Narumi).

You know… after reading this chapter over, this feel similar to Attack on Titan where due to something, a giant hole is created and because of it, a bunch of titans Kaiju is released upon the people. Which is why I theorize that Kafka will do something similar to Eren, where he picked up a giant rock to plug up the hole in the wall. Someway, somehow, Kafka will save the day by closing the giant hole and stopping any more Kaiju from coming out

That would be a cool feat, but where he would get something big enough to plug the hole is the hard part.

I'm thinking he just kills a swarm of Kaiju crawling through with the shockwave of his punch or something

That would be a cool feat, but where he would get something big enough to plug the hole is the hard part.

I'm thinking he just kills a swarm of Kaiju crawling through with the shockwave of his punch or something
I don’t really know, I just want more Lifting Strength feats but I expect that Kafka will probably demonstrate a new ability in this up coming battle or show off another impressive feat

I got to the current chapters yesterday. Waiting two weeks for a 20-page chapter is really exhausting, especially with chapters that are so quick to read. These pauses are really strange

At least the manga is really interesting

Btw we need to create a version of the characters without the combat suit. The combat suit have a time limit to be used, this can completely change a match

Btw we need to create a version of the characters without the combat suit. The combat suit have a time limit to be used, this can completely change a match
Indeed, but only the time limit for one character have been revealed and that is Soshiro at his max is 10 minutes iirc

Anyone who uses above the normal limit has a time limit. And in any case, it is necessary to create a version without the combat suit. Weapons are not part of the characters' bodies

Well, apparently 1% of combat suit makes a lot of difference. With 0% Kafka had all his bones broken by a simple attack, but with 1% he can resist much more easily.

Probably Kaiju No.9 is doing something to stop Kafke from transforming, since it was thinking of a strategy earlier

I also think No.9 is causing that
He had a weird radio jamming ability too so having a way to stop Kafka from transforming doesn’t seem too left field for someone like him.

I really want to know if Narumi will swoop in to Fight No.9 or if Shinomiya and the New girl will fight him.
If it’s the latter I’d expect them to get crushed though.

That would be a cool ability for No. 9 to have to cancel transformations. And it looks like he did some sort of fusion with the ant-type Kaiju or his shapeshifting abilities can extend to even other kaiju

From the chapter, I guess we need to add a 'higher with Partial Transformation" for Kafka's human's key since it increases his speed and strength but not to the level of his Kaiju Form or even to Kikoru's level.

But speaking of Kikoru, she was impressive in the chapter. I also love the implication that Kikoru is very talented and powerful for a newbie, even going that she is stronger than Gen Narumi when he was first starting out.

I really want to know if No.9 was responsible for causing that earthquake and sinkhole in the previous chapter

It sucks that we have to wait 2 whole weeks to get more actions

Kaiju No. 8 Volume 4 cover and the series has reached 4 millions copies in circulation. For a series that has haven’t reach it second year this is impressive and it will only climb higher

I wonder how this series will sell with an anime?
If it’ll do better than Jujutsu Kaisen or even come close to Demon slayer.

I wonder how this series will sell with an anime?
If it’ll do better than Jujutsu Kaisen or even come close to Demon slayer.
All depends on the animation. If it is done great, then it will definitely bring in more fans outside of Japan. Though given the 2 week per chapter, it will take a while to get the anime adaptation. Might even be a seasonal anime

All depends on the animation. If it is done great, then it will definitely bring in more fans outside of Japan. Though given the 2 week per chapter, it will take a while to get the anime adaptation. Might even be a seasonal anime
Yeah that’s true.
I can imagine a Season 1 being 12 eps due to the series release schedule.

It could also lead to having English physical prints of the series come out faster as we don’t have any yet.

In terms of animation
I have a gut feeling studios like Bones, 8bit (Although they’re busy on Blue Lock rn) or MAPPA (They can basically do anything) could nail it.
I hope things like the Yoju Bomb punch and Hoshina vs No.10 look insane in animation.

Back