• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Welcome to the Kaiju No. 8 (or Monster #8) General Discussion, a thread that will be dedicated to discussing anything related to that of the series, from scaling to chapter (and hopefully anime) discussions.

135984.jpg

Here are some Notices

1. The English version of Kaiju No. 8 can be read here at Mangaplus by Shueisha and all the chapters are currently free.​
With all that said, welcome once again to the Kaiju No. 8 (or Monster #8) General Discussion! I hope you have nice time discussing any Kaiju No. 8 related stuffs here.

Last edited:
Interesting, I've expressed wanting to introduce this verse to the wiki but I never had the time nor the capacity, so I'm really glad it's existing now.

The verse stats is interesting lol. I'm quite surprised they're that strong tbh, though anyone who's familiar with me should know how often I'm like this. Gonna read through the calcs for some time since I'm pretty sure the City level ratings would be because of vaporization lol (I was eyeballing the verse to be around Town level).
The speed is kinda expected though, the verse is explicitly very, very fast.

Interesting, I've expressed wanting to introduce this verse to the wiki but I never had the time nor the capacity, so I'm really glad it's existing now.

The verse stats is interesting lol. I'm quite surprised they're that strong tbh, though anyone who's familiar with me should know how often I'm like this. Gonna read through the calcs for some time since I'm pretty sure the City level ratings would be because of vaporization lol (I was eyeballing the verse to be around Town level).
The speed is kinda expected though, the verse is explicitly very, very fast.
Unironically if it wasn’t for Mina’s Kaiju Vaporization they actually would be Town level

Overall pretty intriguing chapter
Lots of Subtle world building when it comes to number 6 and the quantity of Officers that can actually fight Daikaiju as I'm simultaneously surprised and not surprised by how few can 1v1 them.
Okonogi is likely one of them, since he gets some dialogue this chapter I assume he will be important in future.

In other note No.9 can Molt his body off and it seems to amp him I guess, so seemingly he’s extremely serious this time after getting stomped by Kafka.

Overall pretty intriguing chapter
Lots of Subtle world building when it comes to number 6 and the quantity of Officers that can actually fight Daikaiju as I'm simultaneously surprised and not surprised by how few can 1v1 them.
Okonogi is likely one of them, since he gets some dialogue this chapter I assume he will be important in future.

In other note No.9 can Molt his body off and it seems to amp him I guess, so seemingly he’s extremely serious this time after getting stomped by Kafka.
Since he can molt his body, that would essentially be High-Mid Regeneration I think. And if that the case, Kafka’s Limited Regeneration Nullification will also be upgraded.

And if he gets stronger because that, it is either Empowerment or Stat Amp.

Also, it seems that the series will now become a biweekly series so I will have to update the OP regarding that:

Since he can molt his body, that would essentially be High-Mid Regeneration I think. And if that the case, Kafka’s Limited Regeneration Nullification will also be upgraded.

And if he gets stronger because that, it is either Empowerment or Stat Amp.
I don’t think we classify skin shedding as High Mid since that’s regenerating from a single organ or body part. Since he didn’t regen purely from his skin I don’t think it counts

However it should be stat amp, ofc best to wait and see what he does with his fresh molted body before we say how much stronger he has gotten.

Also, it seems that the series will now become a biweekly series so I will have to update the OP regarding that:

Cool stuff
Hope the author can healthily manage biweekly for a long period of time as well.
More consistent (kind of) output of chapters can lead to an anime coming sooner

Last edited:
With that molting technique, it kinda reminds me of Orochimaru’s Body Replacement Technique where he can regurgitate himself to recover from serious injuries. I look at his profile and apparently, it being treated as High-Mid Regeneration.

Out of all of the current named Kaiju, he is the one that show off the most variety of abilitie, from resurrecting kaijus, to controlling them with his mimd and now this… I wonder what other abilities he will show. I feel like he will somewhat be the Orochimaru of the series as he is shown to be clever. Can’t wait to see what he will do next.
Apparently in the Viz version, they had his name as Okonogi but recently changed it to Gen Narumi.

With that molting technique, it kinda reminds me of Orochimaru’s Body Replacement Technique where he can regurgitate himself to recover from serious injuries. I look at his profile and apparently, it being treated as High-Mid Regeneration.

Out of all of the current named Kaiju, he is the one that show off the most variety of abilitie, from resurrecting kaijus, to controlling them with his mimd and now this… I wonder what other abilities he will show. I feel like he will somewhat be the Orochimaru of the series as he is shown to be clever. Can’t wait to see what he will do next.

Apparently in the Viz version, they had his name as Okonogi but recently changed it to Gen Narumi.
If that’s being treated as High mid regen then I guess it works for No.9 -!; he can get that regen upgrade

I’m also feeling the same about no.9 his abilities are pretty varied already to the point it feels like he has more in his toolbox

Just checked now and his name was changed to Narumi I wonder why.

So the verse is gonna lose its 7-B ratings, right?

I mean I kinda expected it but it's bittersweet lol. Still, High 7-C seems legit enough for the verse IMO.

It is a really sad day when you realize it is Thursday and got ready to read a new chapter, only to remember the author change their schedule and it is next week Thursday

This biweekly schedule is going to take a while to adjust. I wonder if the amount of pages we per chapter get will change or of it will be same regardless.

Honestly cool chaprer
And quite different from what I was expecting from Gen as well
No one could have expected Gen to be who was when not doing a mission. Honestly, it just made me more invested in his character to see such a side to the badass looking captain in the previous chapter.

Now I need Gen, Reno and Kafka to hang out with each other since Kafka did like to read manga when he was younger and Reno is stated to like shounen manga, maybe they can all connect with each other

EDIT: Added in Reno due to being stated to like shounen manga

Last edited:
Back