• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaguya Ōtsutsuki Revision (Naruto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage3245 said:
A compromise I could agree to is making a note at the bottom of Kaguya's profile stating that there it is possible that Kaguya could have other ocular abilities but there is no explicit evidence for them.
Yeah, seems fine. I propose the same. It is probably the most safe.

Why I Disagree

"Rinne Sharingan: The Kekkei Mōra dōjutsu that is the progenitor of both the Rinnegan and the Sharingan. It gives the user the basic abilities of the Sharingan and allows the user to cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi, a genjutsu which can affect the entire populace of a planet."

This is a Quote taken from the Naruto Wiki, the problem with this is that the premise relies on her performing any of the Rinnegan abilities in their fight, it's not a statement made in Verse or by a credible source. this doesn't disprove that she can't use these abilities but makes an Observations based on what we have seen in their limited fight and using it as a proof is the same as saying she can't use these abilities because she didn't show them in her fight and using it as a supplementary source for the first argument would lead to Circular Reasoning.

There's also the fact that the assumption is that it must be true but this is an Appeal to Authority and an Authority ill question and in due part because the structure and intention of the Naruto Wiki is not the same as ours.

Essentially the Negative comes down to Kaguya not showcasing her abilities, therefore, she must not have them, it's a fine assumption to make but I disagree.

Here's Why.

The Rinnegan is an advanced version and the predecessor to the Sharingan, the Rinnegan has literally all of the innate Sharingan abilities and more, with the exception of specific abilities that are exclusive to certain users. now the Rinne Sharingan is to the Rinnegan what the Rinnegan was to the original Sharingan, the original eye "power" which every other eye power has deviated from including the Byakugan. for us to assume that the Rinne Sharingan doesn't possess the basic innate abilities that are granted by its inferior deluded version would be us assuming that the RinneSharingan is somehow an exception to a consistent pre-established chain of evolution that has consistently shown us that their predecessors are capable of the same stuff but more, which would require us to make even more assumptions.

There's also the fact that Sasuke Outright Refers to Kaguya's Genjutsu as Rinnegan Jutsu.

as seen Here

The Name

It's a Combination of the word Sharingan and Rinnegan.

It Possesses both Tomoe of the Sharingan and the Ripple Pattern that's exclusive to the Rinnegan.

Then we have External Sources outside of the canon that is generally consistent with this assumption such as Kaguya using the Almighty Push and in fact, it's very likely that she used the Almighty Push in the manga against Naruto.

basically, both parties require there to be assumptions, however, the Pro Rinngan requires far less as it doesn't contradict established lore and has enough supplementary proof to imply the positive.

abductive reasoning and Occam's Razor will do the rest. while the Anti Rinnegan entirely relies on one situational event and for us to ignore context..

@Shadow;

The Wiki

The wiki isn't being linked to as an Appeal to Authority, but rather just a summary of what we do observe her doing in the fight.

The lack of usage of the Six Paths abilities, the lack of statements regarding the Six Paths abilities, all lean towards her not being able to use them. You can disagree with that as you've stated, but it is a point in our favour.

'Advanced Version'

Claiming that the Rinne Sharingan is to the Rinnegan, what the Rinnegan is to the Sharingan, isn't supported by the manga.

Nowhere is it shown that the Rinnegan itself can evolve into the Rinne Sharingan.

You yourself are making an assumption when you say 'The Rinne Sharingan must have what the Rinnegan can do' when this isn't stated.

It is not an assumption to simply accept that we aren't told the Rinne Sharingan can do everything the Rinnegan can.

This is like saying that it is Likely that Nagato can use the Susano'o because the Rinnegan is an advanced version of the Mangekyo Sharingan.

Rinnegan Genjutsu

The 'Rinnegan Genjutsu' is not under dispute, but you have to clarify why this means she is any more likely to use any of the other abilities.

Amaterasu is a 'Mangekyo Sharingan Ninjutsu', but that doesn't mean any other Mangekyo Sharingan user would have automatically have it.

The Name

The name isn't evidence of any particular technique.

All Mangekyo Sharingan users have the same 'Mangekyo Sharingan' but each with individual styles to them, and different techniques.

Kaguya's Almighty Push

I've given evidence for why we should consider this as her not using Almighty Push. The scene is consistent with the interpretation that she used the Eighty Gods Vacuum Attack, which is also supported by the anime.

If I'm not mistaken, Kaguya also used the Deva Path to try to pull Naruto's TSB's. And as said in Manga and in the databook, the possessor of Rinnegan, can use the Six Paths of Pain ... So the logic is that if Kaguya has the Deva Path, she also owns all the others.

The argument that, if she has not used it, she can not have it, I sound extremely flawed, though fair.

There is also the fact that puzzles me... The Rinnesharingan seems to be the purest form of both fused doujutsus. That kind of leaves a question mark, because Kaguya giving birth to Hagoromo, who inherited his chakra, the same awakened the Rinnegan. Hagoromo had a son said to possess "the power of his eyes", and he awakened the Sharingan.
Kaguya is said to possess the power of the Sharingan and use a Rinnegan jutsu.

So, just like Sins, I think adding a note to your profile or just leaving it as it is seems like a good option.

@MostPowerfull; could you link to this usage of the Deva Path?

Well my ipade deleted a comment so I am just gonna add some things. The Anti Rinnegan side does not rely on one situational event, this is borderline a fallacy of single cause. The reason why I am for it is because there hasnt been shown these abilities reliably to cast a judgement on the Rinnesharingan and why it can use both eye jutsu. It oversimplifies and does not ignore context, in fact I personally think this context the other side points too is just a non sequiter, because more proof is needed to let me give the Rinnegan a pass with multiple jutsu based on them sharing the same word. Also, I want a source regarding these external sources shadow. I need more evidence before I cast it as Almighty Push and giving it the occams razor approach. Even if you assumed this, there is also multiple times that just because someone has the same jutsu that they have the same profiency and techniques. This is clear from the Sharingan, and it can also apply to the Rinnegan as well.

So nope, still fine with this or the compromise I laid out. I am going to read some books since I think this is going in circles, but honestly dont mid one way or another if this ability stays or is removed. I just think assumptions even with Occams Razor have to be consistent with multiple sources of evidence and/or multiple types of reasoning.

Nagato's rinnegan can use the susanoo, it's literally madara's eyes.

He personally probably can't, but Madara can seal and make his eyes powers activate under certain circumstances, which is why Nagato could "awaken" his eyes to begin with.

I believe Kaguya used the power of attractio to try to pull Naruto's TSB's. But I'm not sure if this is Deva Path, but I know something has tried to control Naruto's TSB.

MostPowerfull said:
Basically in the same boat. The word is a clear mixture of both Rinnegan and the Sharingan, but it has parts of both. But if she can use the Deva Path, I would be wrong in assuming profiency would imply you could use only some of the Paths and not otherwise. But I need more sources. Ill come back to this later, I think. I lean to the note more tbh.

The justifications to give Kaguya the abilities of the Six Paths sound a lot like Fallacy by Association.

An example:

1) 'All Rinnegan users can use the Six Paths'

2) Kaguya's eyes are related to the Rinnegan (but are not the Rinnegan itself).

3) Therefore Kaguya can use the Six Paths.

Thank you Damage, I was wondering what that was! I agree with Damage still, done with thread. Probably come on later.

MostPowerfull said:
I believe Kaguya used the power of attractio to try to pull Naruto's TSB's.
But I'm not sure if this is Deva Path, but I know something has tried to control Naruto's TSB.
Looks to me like Naruto's TSB's are burrowing through the ice on their own, not being dragged by Kaguya.

Damage3245 wrote:
@Omimi; that's not what her profile says. Her profile states that the Rinne Sharingan grants her the basic abilities of the Sharingan, and the Infinite Tsukuyom
i.

This is an Appeal to Authority

Claiming that the Rinne Sharingan is to the Rinnegan, what the Rinnegan is to the Sharingan, isn't supported by the manga.

Nowhere is it shown that the Rinnegan itself can evolve into the Rinne Sharinga
n.

The Rinne Sharingan is the predecessor to the Rinnegan and the Rinnegan is the predecessor to the Sharingan, each of the three Dojutsu are diluted versions of the Rinne Sharingan, arguing against it so to break a consistent chain and to assume that the Source of these powers won't have the basic abilities of its successors, it requires far more assumptions than mine.

This is like saying that it is Likely that Nagato can use the Susano'o because the Rinnegan is an advanced version of the Mangekyo Sharingan.

I've Addressed this and the series does as well, having the basic abilities of your successor isn't the same as having all them, no one is arguing that Kaguya should have every Rinnegan abilities or Sharingan ability, only the basic abilities that come with those powers, meaning no Limbo or Swap no Swap Jutsu, but it will have the Sharingan's precognition and Genjutsu and the Rinnegan's paths.

The Name

The name isn't evidence of any particular technique.

It literally tells us the power is a combination of the Sharingan and Rinnegan, ignoring it because you don't find it convincing is arrogant, it's to completely throw out context, this is also supported by the fact that the Rinne Sharingan has both the Rinnegan Ripple and Sharingan Tomoe.

Rinnegan Genjutsu

The 'Rinnegan Genjutsu' is not under dispute, but you have to clarify why this means she is any more likely to use any of the other abilities.

Occam's Razor, why would Kaguya be the only Rinnegan user in the series not have the basic abilities of a Rinnegan.

The main reason why I'm OK with removing the abilities is because:

One, eye logic isn't exactly prominent in the series, so Rinnegan being a lesser part of Kaguya's sharinnegan can just be ignored.

And two, because the Tenseigan itself loses the Byakugan abilities. And the rinnegan also lost Madara's ability to make people go to sleep with genjutsu. And Pain did lack precog and mimicry (tough the latter might, again, be Madara's tampering)

@Damage

Kaguya stretched his hands and a TSB begins to move, with Naruto having an unusual reaction.

But as I said, I do not know if this is the Deva Path, but I know it's some kind of attraction.

@Shadow; the Rinnegan is the not the predecessor to the Sharingan. It is the end evolution of the Sharingan.

Though it is anime-only, Hagoromo was shown to awaken the Sharingan first, not the Rinnegan.

> Occams Razor, why would Kaguya be the only Rinnegan user in the series not have the basic abilities of a Rinnegan.

I'm not arguing she is the only one to not use the Six Paths.

I don't think Momoshiki can use the Six Paths either despite having actual Rinnegan in his hands.

Kaguya was moving her hands to release black zetsus.

They are even shown forming. There is no reason to assume the TSB weren't just doing their thing to the ice.

MostPowerfull said:
@Ricsi
Nope. There is literally no reason for her to release him.
She uses Black Zetsu to absorb their chakra. She was presumably stretching out her hands (with Black Zetsu coming out of her sleeve) in order to touch them and get back to draining their chakra as she was doing earlier.

Except the reason why she restrained him to begin with? You know, his chakra. Which the zetsus drain?

You can't even argue that. You literally see her forming Zetsus.

@Damage

No ... He would have to remove them from the Ice first and that would still be useless, as Naruto showed resistance.

The reason Gudodama was moving differently, after Kaguya raised his hands, was something that drew them.

the Rinnegan is the not the predecessor to the Sharingan. It is the end evolution of the Sharingan.

No, The Rinnegan was around long before the Sharingan.

also Anime filler.

I'm not arguing she is the only one to not use the Six Paths.

but the argument does. also, Momoshiki uses Chakra rods and he uses almighty push in the Boruto Anime which we use as supplementary info.

Why then would she be trying to attract the TSB's toward herself?

@Shadow; technically the origin of how Hagoromo awakened the Rinnegan is left unexplained in the manga from what I remember.

So it is plausible that the Rinnegan was not around long before the Sharingan.

I think that Momoshiki used a wind jutsu, not Almighty Push in the anime (it was very different visually to previous examples of Almighty Push and resembled a wind blast). He did create chakra rods, that's true, but I don't think that was ever specified as a power exclusive to the Six Paths abilities.

MostPowerfull said:
@Damage
Because Naruto was using them to try to destroy the ice (and with difficulties).
If Naruto was moving them to destroy the ice, I think it is even harder to say that they were only moving because Kaguya was attracting them towards herself.

@Damage

We see that the TSB's move toward Kaguya and that Naruto questioning surprised.

But like I said, I do not know if this really is the Deva Path. It was a bit buggy, I do not know ...

Naruto doesn't appear to question it to me on this page. He just seems annoyed that he can't break through the ice quickly.

(Also we can see two versions of Black Zetsu emerging from her sleeves on the last panel. That supports the notion that she was raising her arms to release Black Zetsu from her sleeves).

technically the origin of how Hagoromo awakened the Rinnegan is left unexplained in the manga from what I remember.

I believe Indra was the first to awaken the Sharingan, also Urashiki has a Rinnegan and his been around longer than even hagoromo.

I think that Momoshiki used a wind jutsu, not Almighty Push in the anime.

nah it's drawn and shaped exactly like a Shinra Tensei and Momoshiki hardly uses Ninjutsu unless he absorbed it prior and in this case he didn't, he would only end up Absorbing Ninjutsu later on in the fight.

but I don't think that was ever specified as a power exclusive to the Six Paths abilities.

Exclusive to Rinnegan.

@Shadow; if there is a statement in the manga Indra was the first person to awaken the Sharingan then that'd settle that bit.

I have to say, to me it is drawn and appears exactly like a wind blast. It even moves in a spiralling fashion which the actual Shinra Tensei doesn't look like.

I agree that Momoshiki hardly uses Ninjutsu, but this appears to be a specific case where he does. He also sends a huge amount of fire through a wooden dragon when fighting Sasuke before he absorbed the Ninjutsu later in the fight too.

Yeah, I agree that the black rods are exclusive to the Rinnegan. I don't think that means they require the Six Paths though.

Sasuke/BZ Said only a rinnegan ability can stop another rinnegan ability, it's was it, which proof madara rinne-sharigan have all rinnegan power, which goes for jaguya as well, idk why thins thread have so much comments

@1997KD: the Infinite Tsukuyomi is not a pure Rinnegan technique. It can only be activated with the Rinne Sharingan itself.

Just because it can also be deactivated by a Rinnegan user (alongside Naruto) doesn't mean anything regarding the Six Paths.

The Rinne Sharingan is never stated to have all the powers of the Rinnegan.

if there is a statement in the manga Indra was the first person to awaken the Sharingan then that'd settle that bit.

Here

I have to say, to 'me' it is drawn and appears exactly like a wind blast. It even moves in a 'spiralling' fashion which the actual Shinra Tensei doesn't look like.

I disagree IMO, it even has the sphere like shape and expands with it's range oppose to just blowing everything away.

Yeah, I agree that the black rods are exclusive to the Rinnegan. I don't think that means they require the Six Paths though.

the Six Paths are the basic abilities Inherited by having a Rinnegan, the same with the Black Rods. If you have a Rinnegan you will have these abilities as seen here here

@Shadow; Unfortunately that page doesn't state he was the first person to use the Sharingan.

There is also precedent for Momoshiki using wind attacks in the anime. Earlier in that episode Momoshiki's Rinnegan glow red and he releases a blast of wind that cuts the God Tree down.

@Shadow; Unfortunately that page doesn't state he was the first person to use the Sharingan.

It literally states to us that Indra Awakens these powerful Eyes, and it shows us his Sharingan, up until that point Sharingan's didnt exist, Indra is also the progenitor of the Uchiha Clan, please dont ignore context.

There is also precedent for Momoshiki using wind attacks in the anime. Earlier in that episode Momoshiki's Rinnegan glow red and he releases a blast of wind that cuts the God Tree down.

are you reffering to the manga?, thats not a Wind attack that is a shockwave, and it acts and is shaped entirely differently

@Damage

I'm not talking about the page.

The substance is not another BZ. Although yes, it does not change the fact that it controlled in some way, the TSB...

Yes, it says he has powerful eyes. I'm not disagreeing with you there. Even the official translation says that. However it doesn't say he was the first person to wield the Sharingan.

All it tells us is that Indra had strong eye powers and inherited Chakra from the Sage of Six Paths. It doesn't say that the Sharingan never existed previously.

I was referring to the anime. Whether it is a shockwave or not, it did happen after he activated his Rinnegan just like when he did to produce the omnidirectional wind blasting the shuriken away.

My dude you are really reaching now, I'm going to assume your not that well versed in naruto.

All it tells us is that Indra had strong eye powers and inherited Chakra from the Sage of Six

You realize this is a Oxymoron to your argument right?

Okay Naruto Established that only the Uchiha Have Sharingan (born with it)

why is that?

Because they are related to Indra, Why does Indra have this power? because of Hagoromo who has the Rinnegan, Hagoromo only had two sons and only one Inherited his eyes

I was referring to the anime. Whether it is a shockwave or not, it did happen after he activated his Rinnegan just like when he did to produce the omnidirectional wind blasting the shuriken away.

They Look compltely different, also him using the Rinnegan makes my case stronger though.

> Because they are related to Indra, Why does Indra have this power? because of Hagoromo who has the Rinnegan, Hagoromo only had two sons and only one Inherited his eyes

If he directly inherited his eyes, shouldn't he have inherited the Rinnegan?

Unless - and hear me out here - Hagoromo initially awakened the Sharingan which evolved into the Rinnegan.

And thus Indra inherited the Sharingan (along with the potential to awaken the Rinnegan just like the rest of the Uchiha so long as they could get Senju power).

> They Look compltely different, also him using the Rinnegan makes my case stronger though.

He uses the Rinnegan whenever he uses any absorbed ninjutsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back