• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen - Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yuji, Megumi, and Nobara having similar durability" ≠ "Nobara possessing Cursed Energy comparable to Yuji's strength".

Why would Nobara be comparable to a Grade 2 Cursed Spirit as a Grade 3 Jujutsu Sorcerer? Grade 3 Jujutsu Sorcerer are considered in the middle ground between Grades 2 and 3 for the Cursed Spirits.

I mean, Megumi has a durability similar to Itadori's. Nobara being much weaker than Itadori and Megumi would be strange
Not really. She's displayed to be much weaker as Megumi has his domain and his Divine Dog who can harm special grades. Yuji is on par with Nanami in power and blatantly fights special grades and Nobara is never shown with that much power or durability.

The shaman scale
TCU5Q7z.png

Forget this point of mine. I have confused things

The shaman scale
Grade 2 sorcerer is between Grade 2 curse and Grade 1 curse. It is expected Grade 2 shaman beats Grade 2 curse and the same should hold true for Grade 1 curse and Grade 2 shaman unless you can prove otherwise.

That was after the training. At this point Nobara was able to kill special grade
Nobara does that through ignoring durability not by power or speed.

Grade 2 sorcerer is between Grade 2 curse and Grade 1 curse. It is expected Grade 2 shaman beats Grade 2 curse and the same should hold true for Grade 1 curse and Grade 2 shaman unless you can prove otherwise.
TCU5Q7z.png

Forget this point of mine. I have confused things
Nobara does that through ignoring durability not by power or speed.
It is only resonance that ignores durability

This discussion is 5 pages long, that's a lot. I will create a thread about speed and ability after I finish this, I thinks is better

Yes which is what she's used to harm non weakened special grades. Against the Death Painting bros she only harmed one with Hairpin after he was damaged by Resonance, several attacks from Yuji and Black Flash and was directly stated to be weakened.
She actually killed that curse after she gave a Black Flash comparable to Itadori's and after a few punches from Itadori. But I guess it still scales, considering his durability shouldn't decrease that much.

"Likely Tier X with cursed energy and Hairpin (She have killed an extremely weakened special grade that can fight Itadori. His Black Flash is represented as comparable to Itadori's, so his base cursed energy should be similar in power)"

I think this can be used

She actually killed that curse after she gave a Black Flash comparable to Itadori's and after a few punches from Itadori. But I guess it still scales, considering his durability shouldn't decrease that much.

"Likely Tier X with cursed energy and Hairpin (She have killed an extremely weakened special grade that can fight Itadori. His Black Flash is represented as comparable to Itadori's, so his base cursed energy should be similar in power)"

I think this can be used
What makes you think their Black Flash was comparable? Kechizu was explicitly said to be weakened. Yuji didn't throw a few punches he hit him with an Ora Ora pretty much and on top of that he got hit with Resonance like 3 times. His durability would drop as it is based on cursed energy which can run out as it is used to take hits.

I'd like to toss in about Playful Cloud, Yuji is said to have superior physical prowess to Maki and amps himself with cursed energy yet when he attacks Hanami he doesn't take a chunk out of him like Maki does with Playful Cloud.

It's stated hanami held back against them and that he would have to try harder against yuji and todo.

Nobara is portrayed as inferior to Yuji.

Aside from the Black Flash which she used to destroy a weakened Kechizu, Nobara did nothing physical in the fight against the Death Paintings and relied on her Cursed Technique to slow Eso down and eventually defeat him. But, that discussion ended already.

Sorry but could you reword that second line?
Lemme rephrase it like this
Let’s say when Hanami is not trying that much and doesn’t need to waste CE points on what they consider borderline fodders.
She’s using 2 CE per second to keep up reinforcement.

When black flash does a ton of damage to her she has to take them seriously especially since they’re fighting together from that point on.
So she chooses to use 10 CE per second for reinforcement. Which is the most she can reasonably do with it being efficient.

Ignore the numbers though I’m just giving an example or CE per second just trying to make my point.

Lemme rephrase it like this
Let’s say when Hanami is not trying that much and doesn’t need to waste CE points on what they consider borderline fodders.
She’s using 2 CE per second to keep up reinforcement.

When black flash does a ton of damage to her she has to take them seriously especially since they’re fighting together from that point on.
So she chooses to use 10 CE per second for reinforcement. Which is the most she can reasonably do with it being efficient.

Ignore the numbers though I’m just giving an example or CE per second just trying to make my point.
Ah ok I get it.

Well anyway, can we use the ratings given by Gege? As mentioned previously I don't know about anything wrong in the ratings.
There’s nothing objectively wrong with them for special grades due to how much a rapid carpet bombing can vary in strength
If we use minimum bombs on planes they’re tier 9
We use really big conventional bombs they’re 8-B to 8-A etc with larger bombs or nukes
So Jogo’s meteor wouldn’t become an outlier or something

If we going with tank level grade 1 curses then we need to know how strong is a tanks’ canon in the first place.

There’s nothing objectively wrong with them for special grades due to how much a rapid carpet bombing can vary in strength
We use really big conventional bombs they’re 8-B to 8-A etc with larger bombs or nukes

If we going with tank level grade 1 curses then we need to know how strong is a tanks’ canon in the first place.
A grade 2 curse has damaged Itadori. Any curse stronger than grade 2 will be 8-C

From what I've found looking at the M1 Abrams and Bradley Fighting Vehicle we can get 9A. I couldn't find exacts for Japanese tanks but M1 Abrams are exported and I doubt Japanese tanks would be notably worse than American ones so 9A should work.

I don't think that Cursed Spirit was ever given a grade. Megumi just estimated that the Cursed Spirit in the area would be no more than Grade 2.

I don't remember anything about fingers increasing physical powers
I got the impression that consuming fingers gave Yuji more cursed energy which would in turn make his strikes stronger since he could put more cursed energy into it.

Correct me if I am wrong here, maybe Yuji’s ineptitude at using cursed energy at the time makes that completely irrelevant or I’m just interpreting fingers wrong.

Gonna summarise what the ratings for curses spirits would be if we use the ratings given by Akutami. Keep in mind Sorcerers of corresponding level will upscale a bit.

Special Grade: looking up carpet bombing I mainly see the MOAB which is 8B. Special Grades could upscale of course.

Grade 1: While this is an American tank, I doubt the Japanese ones are much weaker plus this sort of tank is exported to several countries so it could be in Japan

Grade 2: A quick search and it seems shotguns are street level. Looking off site gave me a higher rating but still the same tier.

Grade 3: Most pistols I've seen are 9C as well. There are several more models but they maintain the same tier.

Grade 4: A wooden bat is enough.

I'm getting all these from chapter 6 if anyone is curious.

I got the impression that consuming fingers gave Yuji more cursed energy which would in turn make his strikes stronger since he could put more cursed energy into it.

Correct me if I am wrong here, maybe Yuji’s ineptitude at using cursed energy at the time makes that completely irrelevant or I’m just interpreting fingers wrong.
Even if it increased the cursed energy it wouldn't change anything. He only learns how to use the cursed energy flow into his blows after he dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back