• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen - Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISOQdHC.jpg

Bruh

I still don't know how you'd scale anyone to the earthquake or to the meteor besides sukuna really.

pretty sure a mag 6 would've made buildings fall across shibuya right? And during sukuna vs maharoga we see tons of buildings still up.

I mean, the earthquake caused the destruction of buildings and changed the surface
That’s why I made an edit
I looked at the numbers magnitude 6 and 7 and jumped to conclusions that’s my fault.

But wasn’t it the direct impact that caused the damage with the earthquake being a mere by product or am I being stupid.
Plus many buildings were still up
The idea I’m getting is that the earthquake worsened the damage not caused it.
Especially since the earthquake is being noted shortly after the impact.

That’s why I made an edit
I looked at the numbers magnitude 6 and 7 and jumped to conclusions that’s my fault.

But wasn’t it the direct impact that caused the damage with the earthquake being a mere by product or am I being stupid.
Plus many buildings were still up
The idea I’m getting is that the earthquake worsened the damage not caused it.
There's a building not too far from the meteor that isn't even affected

Was a separate speed thread created yet?

Also 142 spoilers are already out so dodge carefully &
Choso's Domain gets revealed though it might be a wrong translation.

Geto considers Jogo's power disposable
Ah yea maybe then that works, Kinda like,
Geto should scale above, Gojo should scale to geto or be somewhat relative, Yuuta probably although Geto thinks yuuta is weak as well so in total the people who scale off this would be
Geto
Sukuna
Yuuta
Gojo

Geto never considered Yuta and, in fact, considered him quite powerful, or at least considered Rika powerful. Yuta also bullied Geto after getting the hang of his powers.

Kamo
Mahito in Instant Spirit Body of Distorted Killing is only part of his potency among hundreds of other curses. He considers Jogo's power a disposable being. He is depicted as a bear in the presence of Itadori, who was depicted as a fox. He is in a supreme grade shaman's body, so he is much stronger than people like Nanami, Zenin family, Todo, Itadori and anyone else below him in the hierarchy.

Geto
-He is a supreme grade shaman, so he is much stronger than people like Nanami, Zenin family, Todo, Itadori, young Gojo and anyone else below him in the hierarchy. Stronger than Rika and Yuta before they learned to use their potency. He must be stronger than Miguel, who is able to fight Gojo. At least comparable to Kamo in his body

Gojo​

Kamo created a strategy to sealed Gojo, because he could not defeat him. Even though he's sealed, Gojo's still apparently stronger. He casually is able to win Jogo and Hanami, the latter Gojo casually kill with one attack. He says several times that he could fight with the whole Jujutsu Association. He is a supreme grade shaman, so he is much stronger than people like Nanami, Zenin family, Todo, Itadori, young Geto and anyone else below him in the hierarchy.

Yuta​

Is able to control his cursed energy. He is able to curse Rika and give her his immense potency, to curse something or someone need cursed energy, Rika being able to destroy the Jujutsu association easily. His cursed energy is superior to Gojo's. Declared to have boundless cursed energy even in the presence of Gojo and Kamo. He is a supreme grade shaman, so he is much stronger than people like Nanami, Zenin family, Todo, Itadori and anyone else below him in the hierarchy

Rika​

Geto believed that with Rika's potency he could fight the entire Jujutsu Association and have a 99% chance of winning, which includes Gojo and Yuki. One-Shot Geto with Uzumaki. She is aqual a supreme grade shaman, so he is much stronger than people like Nanami, Zenin family, Todo and anyone else below him in the hierarchy

Yuki​

She is a supreme grade shaman, so he is much stronger than people like Nanami, Zenin family, Todo, Itadori, young Geto and anyone else below him in the hierarchy. Could fight Kamo in Geto body

All supreme grades must scale

When you say "young Geto" do you mean Jujutsu High Suguru? That is the only version of Suguru that could scale, and he was a Special Grade, so Yuki would not scale far above him. Although, being a Special Grade should be enough to warrant scaling, as they are an anomaly of the Jujutsu World with essentially immeasurable power.

No he's kinda right some of those buildings in the distance are slanted as if they had been pushed or knocked around

I think the maximum meteor should be considered High 7-A even disregarding everything. It's a max technique focused technique in ap that is compared to Domain Expansion

I don't agree with scaling any kind of technique at all to Domains, we return to this again.
You are basically trying to find another way of scaling Domains to other attacks by scaling Meteor to Jogo's Domain.
Just calc the Meteor and use it's result.

Have two major disagreements

Domain Expansion & General Scaling ❌

I am against considering Domain Expansion as anything other than Environmental Destruction, as this will necessarily require that low and mid tiers to be physically Mountain level even early in the series via. scaling to Nanami and Hanami (aren't Grade 1 & 2 Jujutsu Sorcerers expected to fight tank-level Curses?). This also goes to Jogo's meteor feat as it is not a direct attack and he is a significantly less durable than Hanami.

Nobara was freaked out someone has the physical strength to bust through a wall.
0005-015.png

Mai is a Grade 3, meaning that she is expected to fight Curses whose effectiveness is comparable to a traditional handgun or shotgun, but we are supposed to believe that her gun is Town level?
The Grasshopper Curse is estimated to be Semi-Special Grade 1 (meaning weaker than a tank), and Sorcerers who can beat it up are considered strong.

Black Flash multiplier ❌

According to the multiplier standards, multipliers must come from a direct statement instead of figuring it out from something else. We can make good arguments that a feat strongly implies that a power boost has a multiplier of at least x2 or x5 or x20, but the wiki rules requires us to have a statement rather than reason out a number, so we'll have to go with higher/much higher/far higher.

Furthermore, the ^2.5 exponential is not set up for the unit of Joules (if we use it for the unit of Teratons of TNT, this means that Black Flash makes the attack immensely weaker); it is set up for the fictional unit of "Cursed Energy" and we don't know this fictional unit's scale (or even the value of Cursed Energy characters have), and this fictional unit starts with the number 2 instead of 1.

Otherwise, I support Black Flash as an inconsistent but maximum MHS+ reaction speed (can be done more consistently using skill, and senses are described to sharpen) based on the time frame, but don't support it for combat speed. Neutral about counting anime version of Maki's bullet feat, but skeptical about not using rubber bullet speed since they are instructions to not kill.

Resistance to Toge's abilities is an inherent weakness of Cursed Speech (weakened or nullified if the opponent has higher Cursed Energy), rather than an inherent resistance by Sorcerers.

As mentioned, Red is a repelling force, so surviving the kinetic force is not resistance to Spatial/Matter Manipulation.

Have two major disagreements

Domain Expansion & General Scaling ❌

I am against considering Domain Expansion as anything other than Environmental Destruction, as this will necessarily require that low and mid tiers to be physically Mountain level even early in the series via. scaling to Nanami and Hanami (aren't Grade 1 & 2 Jujutsu Sorcerers expected to fight tank-level Curses?). This also goes to Jogo's meteor feat as it is not a direct attack and he is a significantly less durable than Hanami.

Nobara was freaked out someone has the physical strength to bust through a wall.
0005-015.png

Mai is a Grade 3, meaning that she is expected to fight Curses whose effectiveness is comparable to a traditional handgun or shotgun, but we are supposed to believe that her gun is Town level?
The Grasshopper Curse is estimated to be Semi-Special Grade 1 (meaning weaker than a tank), and Sorcerers who can beat it up are considered strong.

Unfortunately I doubt anyone will agree with the weaponry scale (I've brought it up before). Although I agree with you

Fair play then maybe we should just wait for what the staff thinks when they evaluate the calc with the context in the blog.
Because to me the aftershock looks very small compared to what a 5.5 can do(even tho I know the Richter scale is exponential) yet it appears to be inducing a magnitude 4-5 level of shaking.

Unfortunately I doubt anyone will agree with the weaponry scale (I've brought it up before). Although I agree with you
I’m neutral towards the weaponry scale but tank level isn’t even inconsistent with Nanami’s Magnitude 2 earthquake or a bunch of feats
However that Nobara scene seems like just a gag and shouldn’t on its own be used to downgrade the verse

It's also like chapter 5 nobara, who's from the countryside where curses are weaker so she likely has never seen anyone with superhuman strength in her verse until yuji.

I’m neutral towards the weaponry scale but tank level isn’t even inconsistent with Nanami’s Magnitude 2 earthquake or a bunch of feats
However that Nobara scene seems like just a gag and shouldn’t on its own be used to downgrade the verse
It might be a gag but Nobara's best feat is destroying some trees afaik so it isn't all that inconsistent with her.

I wish we had a unit to measure curse energy. From the graph: Cursed Energy Masteryis represented from 1 to 10 and so is physicall strength but that's all. It only allows one to tell how strong characters are relative to others but not how strong their attacks would be.

I was thinking, like if you have a Cursed Energy rating of 10 like Todo or Yuta and then use 1.5 or 2 units of CE out of 10 for a punch. Accounting for Black Flash one could do: 2^2.5 and it would still be less than 10 rather than creating a huge exponential difference.

I think the HxH Nen rating system that Knuckle uses is a good example since there's a differentiation between overall Nen a person has, and the Nen they use in each attack (which is way less), while special attacks use more of that set number. There's also the rate one loses energy when doing nothing (only Gojo should have a zero here) & the rate at which one gains/recovers energy. But I guess that would be too complex. I've not even seen many HxH scaler use those parameters.

It's also like chapter 5 nobara, who's from the countryside where curses are weaker so she likely has never seen anyone with superhuman strength in her verse until yuji.
Her cursed energy + cursed techiques must be comparable to Itadori's physical strength. She has much more experience than him

I mean, Megumi has a durability similar to Itadori's. Nobara being much weaker than Itadori and Megumi would be strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back