• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

something to consider but Urahime considers pb fast as well.

image0.png

also what was this calced to be?

Except that Black Flash increases the power exponentially based on the unit of "Cursed Energy" (which starts at a value of 2 according to a comedic volume extra, because 1^2.5 = 1). We don't know how "Cursed Energy" can be converted to a real life physics unit.

Unlike normal multipliers, exponentials are heavily dependant on the unit. A 100 Joules = 2.39E-8 Ton of Tnt. If we apply a ^2.5 exponent we get: 100000 Joules and 8.8306923E-20
One of them became much bigger while the other became much smaller, even though both values equals the same. They are expressed in different units, so we can't just slap on an exponential meant for the unit of "Cursed Energy".

If we knew a multiplier for Black Flash we would've applied it. Though the chart comparing the power levels of Grades makes continent-shattering punches rather unbelievable.

Second of all, the calculations allow a Subsonic low-end, so facts don't clearly show that characters are not Subsonic; even the bullet getting caught is very plausibly a rubber bullet like the one previously used against Nobara and Maki, and Choso's piercing blood was considered undodgable from far away without aim-dodging and the Piercing Blood is only quick in the beginning and slows down.
The explicit statement and the mere existence of the 24 FPS projection technique outweighs them.

Under normal assumptions some would be Supersonic and above, but it is still possible to reasonably interrupt them as Subsonic (except for some of the anime stuff. In which case it would be explicit statements from manga vs how the anime adapted a scene. I think the explicit statements win).

Man, seriously... It seems like you are wanting to downgrade simple things as much as possible by a single extremely vague sentence with "Exceeded subsonic speed", but anyway, **** it

I think I'll downgrade BC someday to 9-C

Except that it was specifically said by the author and the other the author made it very clear that it was "above subsonic", which can be any speed if he is referring to the speed common to most characters, which we know is far inferior to the strongest.

the statement is "Who had already had already surpassed sub_sonic speed". "Had" past tense. Meaning that well before the statement or the attack in the moment, he had surpassed sub-sonic speeds, not in the moment of the statement or the attack. Not only that but he was becoming faster and faster.

All the statement means is that sometime in his earlier speeds he had surpassed sub-sonic. And knowing he is getting faster and faster he is now blitzing Maki who is hypersonic. Nothing contradictory.

The statement also never says other characters aren't above sub-sonic. If do go by that logic, we have mutiple calcs of characters above sound and many using sound based techniques. Even if we went with that logic, the statement would be outweighted and disregarded anyways.

JJK going on a 1 month hiatus cause of Gege's health issues. I knew things weren't fine after he got sick last month then had to go back to work the next week. He didn't even have time to recover.

JJK going on a 1 month hiatus cause of Gege's health issues. I knew things weren't fine after he got sick last month then had to go back to work the next week. He didn't even have time to recover.
Yeah, it’s quite a shame
I hope Gege gets to recover fully as his health is the number 1 priority
Although it’s still going to be very different not having JJK to read on Sundays for a whole month guess it gives me an excuse to catch up on other Jump series tho

So noticed this, but another speed feat that could be calced for Naoya is this,

image0.png

image0.png

And whatever this comes out to can support speed rating for Choso's frss since he can perceive him.

next Gege is gonna say something like Special Grade curses can destroy a small house
Then any AP Feats with be downplayed to the most extreme of extremes to force those feats to be small building level
He needs a team correcting stuff and making sure he's consistent with his portrayal of characters feats

Her inspiration is Togashi, so...

But seriously now, we can't bother Akutami (As people do with Togashi, for example), she is sick. Akutami needs to rest until she feels healthy
imagine we get months off for chapter releases when jjk is in its final stage

So noticed this, but another speed feat that could be calced for Naoya is this,

image0.png

image0.png

And whatever this comes out to can support speed rating for Choso's frss since he can perceive him.
Btw I calculated it, Naoya is casually Supersonic (Slightly above Mach 1) or Mach 0.4 (Almost Subsonic+ casually) if he moved in 0.04 seconds according to the 1/24fps

Btw I calculated it, Naoya is casually Supersonic (Slightly above Mach 1) or Mach 0.4 (Almost Subsonic+ casually) if he moved in 0.04 seconds according to the 1/24fps
I was wondering why did you not scale how far yuji's punch and far it moved to how far Naoya had moved?

I was wondering why did you not scale how far yuji's punch and far it moved to how far Naoya had moved?
It wouldn’t Yield that good overall

It would yield better if Yuji’s fist was starting from a closer range but it wasn’t (Probably would just get superhuman to close to baseline subsonic results)

Last edited:
So 9 pages followed by a month hiatus at minimum. The rough drafts in 150 were clear signs of overworking.

Man, seriously... It seems like you are wanting to downgrade simple things as much as possible by a single extremely vague sentence with "Exceeded subsonic speed", but anyway, **** it

I think I'll downgrade BC someday to 9-C
I was personally placing the speed at hypersonic or high hypersonic, before explicit statements that the characters are struggling with subsonic speed.

Except that it was specifically said by the author and the other the author made it very clear that it was "above subsonic", which can be any speed if he is referring to the speed common to most characters, which we know is far inferior to the strongest.
Unfortunately, it was refeering specifically to Naoya (one of the fastest characters), after he was using Projection Sorcery to boost his acceleration as much as possible.

the statement is "Who had already had already surpassed sub_sonic speed". "Had" past tense. Meaning that well before the statement or the attack in the moment, he had surpassed sub-sonic speeds, not in the moment of the statement or the attack. Not only that but he was becoming faster and faster.

All the statement means is that sometime in his earlier speeds he had surpassed sub-sonic. And knowing he is getting faster and faster he is now blitzing Maki who is hypersonic. Nothing contradictory.

The statement also never says other characters aren't above sub-sonic. If do go by that logic, we have mutiple calcs of characters above sound and many using sound based techniques. Even if we went with that logic, the statement would be outweighted and disregarded anyways.
Surpassed subsonic speed after using Projection Sorcery to continously build up his speed unnaturally to his maximum. Surpassing subsonic speed is clearly not a common occurance if it requires a speed boost for one of the fastest characters, and merely surpassing subsonic speed is a major threat to current Maki.

Also the existence of Projection Sorcery refutes that other characters are above Subsonic. It means that current Maki and current Yuji got blitzed by Naoya moving a few meters within 1/24 second... That is Subsonic mate.

Again, no conclusive calc that shows above subsonic speed except anime. All others can be reasonably interrupted as subsonic. Using a gun doesn't mean you are faster than the bullet. Using a guitar doesn't mean you are faster than sound.

Back