• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

The "Subsonic" statement is dumb. Maki was dumb

At the same moment she says that power is mass + acceleration

You moving at only 30m/s does not make you create craters with the movement. You need to exceed at least the sound for this

You moving at only 30m/s does not make you create craters with the movement. You need to exceed at least the sound for this
Naoya says mass + acceleration not maki.

Also this could be changed in the volume release so who knows. They did it with kokusen's multiplier before.

It said he was superior to subsonic speeds
In this context it makes sense if he’s above Mach 0.9
Because Subsonic is just anything below the speed of sound so to be superior to all of it he had to have been transonic at worst
I still get your point tho

Assuming Maki's durability is High 7-C baseline, it is possible to find the speed

4.184e+14 = (75*(x^2))/2
x^2 = 4.184e+14/75
x^2 = (5.5786667e+12)*2
x = √1.1157333e+13
x = 3340259.42106m/s

lol

I'll just say it, after inflating verse speeds, some people are indeed in denial about this.

If characters were casually breaking the sound barrier, the author wouldn't neglect to draw Sonic booms. Especially for someone like Gege who loves action scenes in general and seems pretty knowledgeable on physics/math.

I know speed is important and everyone wants their verse to be the fastest no matter the facts but if characters are scaled correctly, then you will never have to worry about stuff like this.

I've seen this same thing with Mashle and people trying to push an explicitly stated speed of sound character to way faster than that.

And sometimes people use a single outlier feat in the verse to push an entire verse to lightning or even light speed. That's what happened with Demon Slayer & for stuff like Naruto, Black Clover, One Piece etc where supposedly Lightspeed characters take hours or days to travel several kilometers and some can't outrun vehicular speeds (Luffy).

I'll just say it, after inflating verse speeds, some people are indeed in denial about this.

If characters were casually breaking the sound barrier, the author wouldn't neglect to draw Sonic booms. Especially for someone like Gege who loves action scenes in general and seems pretty knowledgeable on physics/math.

I know speed is important and everyone wants their verse to be the fastest no matter the facts but if characters are scaled correctly, then you will never have to worry about stuff like this.

I've seen this same thing with Mashle and people trying to push an explicitly stated speed of sound character to way faster than that.

And sometimes people use a single outlier feat in the verse to push an entire verse to lightning or even light speed. That's what happened with Demon Slayer & for stuff like Naruto, Black Clover, One Piece etc where supposedly Lightspeed characters take hours or days to travel several kilometers and some can't outrun vehicular speeds (Luffy).
That’s why we’re making new calcs in the first place
We won’t scale purely off Maki anymore
We have 2 Supersonic+ Yuji calcs
Hypersonic Hanami and Supersonic Stone hands
Sonic Boom argument is weird You could use that to say every character in MHA not making a Sonic boom by moving/dashing (30% Deku who only makes Sonic booms with Fa Jin, Shoto, Kaminari etc) is less than Supersonic
Horikoshi pays attention to Sonic Booms and uses them a lot to illustrate intense speeds as well.
Yet he proceeds to have characters not making Sonic booms still keeping up with those that do in speed

Last edited:

A verse like naruto tends to be more combat speed than travel speed so taking days to travel isn't even a contradiction in their speed.

Yea this is more Gege being an idiot with consistency rather than us just wanting the verse to be fast, like Gege has several characters being beyond sos and he says this dumb thing for Naoya.

Yea this is more Gege being an idiot with consistency rather than us just wanting the verse to be fast, like Gege has several characters being beyond sos and he says this dumb thing for Naoya.
This is something I explicitly hate. Insulting the author for fan misinterpretations. Gege clearly knows what speed he wants his verse to be but people kept inflating stuff despite what's stated on the page.

I remember being here during Piercing Blood debates and even when some people wanted to use Black Flash to massively inflate JJK speed. People have an agenda that's clearly not in manga canon then get mad when the author actively restates the verse speed tier.

If you have to insult the author just so your scaling can be true then I don't know what to say.

Gage is not a idiot, she is simply an author who makes mistakes in "Power of Verse" points. Take Bleach for example, characters say they can't cut metal but are 6-C, or on CDZ, where characters traverse the Universe but take 5 minutes to run 1km

This is common. It makes no sense to consider Jujutsu an exception

Gege isn’t being an idiot it’s just that many authors kinda don’t care and want things to sound cool
Gege probably just has a vague concept of how fast these characters are but that’s likely as far as it goes

A verse I’m heavily invested in has seemingly consistently massively hypersonic characters who fly to places like the moon and across the planet in short timeframes will randomly have a character struggle with Missles or take 42 seconds to fly 500km.

A verse that does pay attention to speed would be one that’s straight up consistently gives hard numbers and speed ranges like the Index Franchise.

Most verses don’t care so it’s kinda up to us and this stuff happens all the time
Jujutsu isn’t an exception. Unless you wanna change wiki standards on outliers and inconsistencies

This is something I explicitly hate. Insulting the author for fan misinterpretations. Gege clearly knows what speed he wants his verse to be but people kept inflating stuff despite what's stated on the page.

I remember being here during Piercing Blood debates and even when some people wanted to use Black Flash to massively inflate JJK speed. People have an agenda that's clearly not in manga canon then get mad when the author actively restates the verse speed tier.

If you have to insult the author just so your scaling can be true then I don't know what to say.
Dude, I 100% agree with this, people often make fan calculations, inflate the speed of the verse and call everything that contradicts their headcanon either PIS or Outlier and completely disregard author's statement when it makes characters look weaker.

But, this though, uhg, it hurts me even reading this.

Gege isn’t being an idiot it’s just that many authors kinda don’t care and want things to sound cool
Gege probably just has a vague concept of how fast these characters are but that’s likely as far as it goes

A verse I’m heavily invested in has seemingly consistently massively hypersonic characters who fly to places like the moon and across the planet in short timeframes will randomly have a character struggle with Missles or take 42 seconds to fly 500km.

A verse that does pay attention to speed would be one that’s straight up consistently gives hard numbers and speed ranges like the Index Franchise.

Most verses don’t care so it’s kinda up to us and this stuff happens all the time
Jujutsu isn’t an exception. Unless you wanna change wiki standards on outliers and inconsistencies
Ofc one of the things that’s objective with the authorial intent here is that characters like Yuji and pre amp Maki are not like Mach 26 at the start of the series because of Piercing blood being Supersonic.
Although I can also Calc piecing blood
Rough guesses have it at around maybe Mach 3-4? in the dodge scene with Yuji not sure Because he fired as Yuji was cm above the ground
That could upgrade the Yuji Calc a decent bit

Dude, I 100% agree with this, people often make fan calculations, inflate the speed of the verse and call everything that contradicts their headcanon either PIS or Outlier and completely disregard author's statement when it makes characters look weaker.

But, this though, uhg, it hurts me even reading this.
I do think this is fair in some cases tho
If the author says
Someone is the speed of sound, unless that character many feats/statements saying otherwise and that the statement is the contradiction then yeah it’s dumb to inflate them

But with Jujutsu at least we acknowledged yeah High Hypersonic off of one feat alone that’s way higher than other stuff is wack

I think it's obvious

Hell, BC characters for example take minutes to cross a few kilometers even for the characters being FTL
Also, if you guys want to make this idea work, create a thread not for Jujutsu, create one for the wiki itself. This idea affects not only Jujutsu, but the whole verses of the site. Arguing this here is useless

If those missiles are making them struggle then the missiles are that fast.
and if they take 42 seconds to fly 500km then the author isn't paying attention to what he's saying doing math to see if what he says follows with past feats.

Also, if you guys want to make this idea work, create a thread not for Jujutsu, create one for the wiki itself. This idea affects not only Jujutsu, but the whole verses of the site. Arguing this here is useless
I don't see a reason to, no one is applying anything out of norm.
We are just saying that you can't disregard author's statements, and you can't be selective on which statements from the author you accept.
Like, for example, if you accept Piercing Blood statement what makes you reject the sub-sonic+ statement? You can't exclusively accept positive (in your opinion) statements regarding their strength and disregard negative ones.

We are just saying that you can't disregard author's statements, and you can't be selective on which statements from the author you accept.
Like, for example, if you accept Piercing Blood statement what makes you reject the sub-sonic+ statement? You can't exclusively accept positive (in your opinion) statements regarding their strength and disregard negative ones.
No one's really disregarding it, it's just Gege doesn't understand how "surpass subsonic speed" and "exceed speed of sound" look to the reader, even without powerscaling that would look weird to say a faster character is just now surpassing subsonic speed when prior other characters are already having numerous feats that scale above the statement.

Tbf the statement was exceeded subsonic speed
He was minimum transonic and was clearly above subsonic speeds no one rejects this

Like Gege just isn't consistent with his speed statements, "already exceeded subsonic speed" "exceeds the speed of sound". Why say subsonic when you have another ability already being above subsonic? just say speed of sound

I don't refuse.
  • 既に亜音速を超えている直哉に対し
  • For Naoya who has already exceeded the subsonic speed

Why would I refuse the obvious?
If you don't, it's good.
And I want to point out, exceeding the subsonic speed doesn't mean being supersonic or anything, it means being 0.1 to 0.9 mach, nothing more.
Tbf the statement was exceeded subsonic speed
He was minimum transonic and was clearly above subsonic speeds no one rejects this
If this is accepted then Maki should receive a fat downgrade from Hypersonic to Sub-Sonic because she clearly couldn't keep up with him.

Like Gege just isn't consistent with his speed statements, "already exceeded subsonic speed" "exceeds the speed of sound". Why say subsonic when you have another ability already being above subsonic? just say speed of sound
He is consistent.
Piercing Blood exceeds the speed of sound, but it moves fast only at the beginning and considering recent events of sub-sonic speed being fast for Maki it means that Yuji dodged Piercing Blood already at the point where it dropped to that speed or even below, he not only needed to predict trajectory but also some distance to actually be able to dodge it, and it still was hard.

And I want to point out, exceeding the subsonic speed doesn't mean being supersonic or anything, it means being 0.1 to 0.9 mach, nothing more.
LMAO Do you at least know how far Naoya was from the subsonic baseline?

Random clan warriors are faster than the eye

Maki with a casual movement is much faster than the perception of one of the clan's strongest sorcerers

Naoya is much faster than Maki

They were not close to Subsonic. And again, there are 4 calculations above the speed of sound, what you are arguing is stupid and dishonest

He is consistent.
Piercing Blood exceeds the speed of sound, but it moves fast only at the beginning and considering recent events of sub-sonic speed being fast for Maki it means that Yuji dodged Piercing Blood already at the point where it dropped to that speed or even below, he not only needed to predict trajectory but also some distance to actually be able to dodge it, and it still was hard.
Ok if pb exceeds the sos on launch, then that means we don't know where it goes or how fast it has becomes. It could be hypersonic, supersonic, mhs, anywhere but it slowing down does not mean now it is below sos.

If this is accepted than Maki should receive a fat downgrade from Hypersonic to Sub-Sonic because she clearly couldn't keep up with him.
Don’t agree with that ofc Maki being nerfed from High Hypersonic is good.
But the statement was that he exeeded it already
We don’t know at what point he did and to what magnitude he could be Mach 2-5 in this scene for all we know.

And Maki could literally count all his movements, and looked bored the whole time on top of being weakened, she was waiting for an opening since she didn’t understand the cursed technique yet
Naoya was faster but she’s still got the reactions and perception to not just get ragdolled and just start counting how many times she got hit instead

Don’t agree with that ofc Maki being nerfed from High Hypersonic is good.
We don’t know at what point he did and to what magnitude he could be Mach 2-5 in this scene for all we know.

And Maki could literally count all his movements and looked bored the entire fight, it’s not like she couldn’t keep up, she was waiting for an opening since she didn’t understand the cursed technique yet
yea this too. Maki can literally see him moving. So perception wise she can keep up but combat movement no, she's also implied to be weakened so there's that too.

He is consistent.
Still even when he had to time that dodge from a distance away he still had to move relative to piercing blood
And in fact he moves more than it

I can Calc Piercing blood it travels several meters in the time it takes Yuji to fall a few cm
I’ll be shocked if it isn’t Supersonic+ Average speed for the projectile

LMAO Do you at least know how far Naoya was from the subsonic baseline?

Random clan warriors are faster than the eye

Maki with a casual movement is much faster than the perception of one of the clan's strongest sorcerers

Naoya is much faster than Maki

They were not close to Subsonic. And again, there are 4 calculations above the speed of sound, what you are arguing is stupid and dishonest
Wait, so if every fodder in the verse is sub-sonic then why was Maki nervous about him exceeding sub-sonic speeds?
Your headcanon calculations with made up parameters that contradict the canon are irrelevant.
what you are arguing is stupid and dishonest
Also, don't do this. I don't like what you are arguing either.

Also guys you have to realize I am not going to entertain every JJK fan and reply to every single one of you.
This doesn't make any sense and I believe you know it, if he reached Sonic speed or exceeded it then why did she says that he exceeded subsonic speed? Why didn't Gege point out that he was moving and supersonic speeds? I think the answer is that he probably wasn't and sub-sonic was the closest speed he was moving at.

And Maki could literally count all his movements and looked bored the entire fight, it’s not like she couldn’t keep up, she was waiting for an opening since she didn’t understand the cursed technique yet
That gives her higher perception speed, which is fine with me.

Back