• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Wait, so if every fodder in the verse is sub-sonic then why was Maki nervous about him exceeding sub-sonic speeds?
Your headcanon calculations with made up parameters that contradict the canon are irrelevant.
She wasn't, never stated. The narrative is talking about subsonic not her. She doesn't actually know

Still even when he had to time that dodge from a distance away he still had to move relative to piercing blood
And in fact he moves more than it

I can Calc Piercing blood it travels several meters in the time it takes Yuji to fall a few cm
I’ll be shocked if it isn’t Supersonic+ Average speed for the projectile
It can't be supersonic for two reasons.
1. Maki at this point had problems with sub-sonic+.
2. Yuji himself stated that he can't dodge Piercing Blood without some distance and trajectory calculation.

Again, I am not going to entertain every single one of you, you can reject every single statement you don't like and accept ones you like, fine.
Either I or someone else will do a downgrade CRT anyway.

It's fine. I just think Gege is very inconsistent when it comes to his portrayals of speed scaling, plus he makes speed a very apparent factor for multiple characters yet he can't even follow his own scaling.

This doesn't make any sense and I believe you know it, if he reached Sonic speed or exceeded it then why did she says that he exceeded subsonic speed? Why didn't Gege point out that he was moving and supersonic speeds? I think the answer is that he probably wasn't and sub-sonic was the closest speed he was moving at.
Above subsonic is Speed of Sound
The statement is weird not wrong but weird
Why isn’t the statement just
Reached the speed of Sound
Even then this still puts Naoya above Mach 1 near the end which is still at least slightly consistent with calcs
(Anyway I’m pretty sure Naoya perception blitzing Choso and Yuji is Supersonic minimum anyway)
Yuji himself stated that he can't dodge Piercing Blood without some distance and trajectory calculation.
That just means it’s faster at closer range
That is all.
Plus Feats>Statements, him moving more than piercing blood after it slowed down from travel is pretty objective it’s right there on panel.

Although I’m not arguing tho I’m done. I can wait for a revision thread discussing speed.
Because this needs to be settled

Above subsonic is Speed of Sound
The statement is weird not wrong but weird
Why isn’t the statement just
Reached the speed of Sound
Even then this still puts Naoya above Mach 1 near the end which is still at least slightly consistent with calcs
(Anyway I’m pretty sure Naoya perception blitzing Choso and Yuji is Supersonic minimum anyway)

That just means it’s faster at closer range
That is all.
Plus Feats>Statements, him moving more than piercing blood after it slowed down from travel is pretty objective it’s right there on panel.

Although I’m not arguing tho I’m done. I can wait for a revision thread discussing speed.
Because this needs to be settled
Although preferably don’t make it soon I got exams coming up
Lol

It is of note that Naoya was amping his speed using his 24 frame projection to exceed 'subsonic speed', so it wasn't even done casually.

The bullet Maki caught is very plausibly a subsonic rubber bullet.
Imo, the only strong counter argument is the Piercing Blood dodge.

I mean that ones kinda weird and maybe inconsistent?
It’s kinda weird for Mahito to be attacking at Supersonic speeds against Nanami who is MHS here since he can keep up with Hanami would be MHS
But I won’t argue with it since it’s not even excepted since the CGM didn’t respond again
If it does get accepted that can be sorted out via CRT since Slacjow is fine with a speed Crt too

The bullet Maki caught is very plausibly a subsonic rubber bullet.
Imo, the only strong counter argument is the Piercing Blood dodge
Honestly I think we should just call it a rubber bullet and call it a day
When you aren’t sure just go with the lowball that makes sense
Although I’m pretty sure even if it’s subsonic it is still High Hypersonic for Maki (Calculating the anime it’s probably more consistent in results using subsonic bullet speed for the manga)

Also in my opinion Hanami’s tree speed also supports the characters being a few Mach
As well as Naoya blitzing Choso and Yuji
And Ougi getting blitzed
But yeah

Last edited:
There is literally a link to the speed of the bullet
If you mean this, I only found this passage regarding the speed of such bullets:
Less-lethal bullets are larger and less aerodynamic. Loaded with less gunpowder, they fire at roughly ⅓ the speed of a normal bullet, meant to hit the target slow but hard.
And this is talking about bullets that are bulky and not aerodynamic, meaning that they will quickly lose speed before impact. I believe rubber-coated bullets that are aerodynamic are meant to be even slower.

This link crashes my computer. But it is not this part, this is about normal rubber bullets, in Mai's case it is different, she uses a gun not specified for rubber bullets
I mean after doing some quick googling myself the model you point to I see Muzzle Velocties of 350-380m/s but also saw 440m/s
So I think your gonna have to be more specific when it comes to the gun or the source

Maybe add a 60m/s for Rubber bullet speed end to be safe tho?

But Mai nonetheless uses (custom) rubber bullets since she isn't supposed to kill other students besides Yuji, as stated in Ch. 41.
Also, the manga bullet catch is slower than the anime bullet catch, and there is no reason to prioritize the anime over the manga here.

By the way, for Choso's Piercing Blood, Yuji is too slow to dodge it normally and he needs to aim dodge, as he stated that his chance of dodging it is 50/50 since he needs to guess where to dodge.
And it is very easy and straight-forward to calculate the Piercing Blood dodging feat at Subsonic+.

By the way, for Choso's Piercing Blood, Yuji is too slow to dodge it normally and he needs to aim dodge, as he stated that his chance of dodging it is 50/50 since he needs to guess where to dodge.
And it is very easy and straight-forward to calculate the Piercing Blood dodging feat at Subsonic+.
Actually Yuji dodging piercing blood yields supersonic+ assuming it slowed to exactly the Speed of Sound since it’s Initially Supersonic
Because of the way Yuji dodged bending his entire body

Ofc Piercing blood is faster at close range
The timing bit is why in hindsight the high end for my Calc is pointless
But whatever speed Yuji gets for dodging it piercing blood scales higher at closer range

I edited the calculation

Honestly, I disagree with using the Piercing Blood to calculate the speed of the characters. Piercing Blood is the fastest thing among the protagonists, it makes no sense to scale. We don't even have a specific number for the attack, just "Exceeded the speed of sound".
We can give it a number in fact in the same scene Yuji dodged it which could upgrade or downgrade the Calc although thinking about it calcing piercing blood may not yield as good as I think

LMAO Do you at least know how far Naoya was from the subsonic baseline?

Random clan warriors are faster than the eye

Maki with a casual movement is much faster than the perception of one of the clan's strongest sorcerers

Naoya is much faster than Maki

They were not close to Subsonic. And again, there are 4 calculations above the speed of sound, what you are arguing is stupid and dishonest
Not really arguing for subsonic Maki or anything but moving fte isn't a product of pure speed

First of all that Naoya is way above the sound

Second that I prefer to wait for all the calculations to be evaluated. Let's first look for feats, then discuss more things

Naoya was confident he can dodge Piercing Blood, even when he is slowed down by blood. So it is not like Piercing Blood is many times faster in magnitude than sound.
I agree with the idea Piercing Blood is a couple Mach
It is odd for it to be an order of magnitude above sound for example although that’s not an argument in of its self like what happened to the last JJK speed downgrade thread

Although his speed vs Choso in the case of Naoya puts him above sound

Have any of you guys seen Kuroko no Basket? Kuroko can move FTE but he mainly uses misdirection to do so. Basically a magicians trick. There are many characters in fiction that can move FTE including action leads and heroes like Batman as well as the millions of ninja movies out there. It isn't pure speed alone.

I agree with the idea Piercing Blood is a couple Mach
It is odd for it to be an order of magnitude above sound for example although that’s not an argument in of its self like what happened to the last JJK speed downgrade thread

Although his speed vs Choso in the case of Naoya puts him above sound
I think just going by the wording would be enough to assume it's at least supersonic tbh. Also I remember someone bringing up that the statement can be interpreted as it exceeds the speed of sound meaning it's above any speed of sound, but that's probably not consistent

I think just going by the wording would be enough to assume it's at least supersonic tbh. Also I remember someone bringing up that the statement can be interpreted as it exceeds the speed of sound meaning it's above any speed of sound, but that's probably not consistent
It’s kinda too interpretation based
But the term exceeds means if Piercing blood gets calced at for example Mach 12 it’s not an outlier because it’s faster.
So yeah
Just safest to assume the bare minimum when it comes to calcing stuff with it at least

Back