• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

By the way. Something that I noticed now.
Why does the Gojo profile say that he can cause purple nuke only (Well it doesn't say that but it kinda suggests like it does to me) through externally manifesting blue and red?

While it is true, but not entirely so. For starters, he has also manifested blue and red externally in Goodwill Arc, when preparing purple to fire against Hanami. Never did it explode on its own.
“If I don’t direct it, then I’ll get caught in the unrestrained Purple too…" (Lightning TL)
To be precise, it was to unleash the technique target to an AOE type, unleashing it in a blast type of move.
Nothing really to do with it being externally manifested or not. Because technically speaking, Gojo can do it whilst snapping his finger forward. He could also possibly cause it to explode in mid air after being fired, similar to how his blue and red after being fired, can go and be directed under his control, especially Blue that was kept in existence despite being dormant

AD_4nXcQruqU1DQzMNr5l8OGqGJnu-CqIfa3fJU1EY7oP6lC1kxupKerC9kMtEziWUEhBo2OyQKqhuHrn0liM6kobPXli13MX99xfppBgeeVWOaI7bOgp2Wwddf6ZtHrwZy1vjp9VMhr1O2v9nhrXdpEbg=s320

Lightning:
[VIZ implies that Blue is independent of Satoru’s control. A more accurate translation:

“Beyond the Red that Gojo had released…

…is the continuation of Blue after crushing Agito.”

It’s not that it kept going by itself; Satoru just didn’t deactivate it.]

Although Purple is a far more difficult technique, we do also get to see Gojo change its size after being fired, precisely after hitting Toji, which isn't told to us but something to observe rather.

Although one might argue that there is size inconsistency on Gege's part, this gets proven false given that it wasn't "fixed" IN the volume release nor in the anime which Gege has full control over (Just like how he once didn't want to have the narrator statements in Season 1 anime for people that are watching due to watching experience or whatever his reasoning was for that again) to suggest changes to or fix. And this didn't happen whatsoever, suggesting that this is intentional that gojo can directly manipulate hollow purple after it gets launched.

Probably not so important, but Gege states that Black Flash is something that has a "probability element" to it, which again makes it consistent with the fact that Black Flash does too require luck as implied in the manga by other characters, as that's one of the factors for it. Good to have a direct author statement ig.

(ngl I wonder if Gege will make Hakari spam tf out of black flashes like crazy given how his gimmick is luck?)

Hakari had better offscreen Uraume at absolute worst because if Uraume shows up in any form to help Sukuna then Hakari is going to become the biggest laughingstock the fandom has ever seen. Bro'd be considered a bigger fraud than Megumi, Sukuna, Hana, ******* everyone combined if he loses a nearly 30 chapter long fight offscreen. Hell, it'd be worse onscreen

Also honestly I don't think more than a chapter would be necessary for the Hakari and Uraume fight. Cause if any more of that is shown its literally just gonna be "oh I have jackpot" "well guess what I'll blast you back with ice" "oh no, no more jackpot. just kidding i got it back" "more ice" rinse repeat

Gege definitely kept it off screen because he felt he couldn't make an engaging fight out of immortal punch kick merchant vs ice crowd controller. Understandable but also a whole L

Definitely a whole L if you consider he could've expanded Hakari's arsenal. Let that man fire CE beams with his infinite CE. Reinterpret his technique beyond his domain

Let him summon trains

The main issue with Hakari v Uraume is definitely their limited skill sets. Honestly, Gege probably could've just said "oh Hakari advanced his technique during the month of prep" to give him more stuff but they wanted to focus on the Sukuna fight which I can't blame them for. It's the fight against the main villain with pretty much the whole cast (except like half of Kyoto cause I mean wtf they gonna do) being there for it. Cutting to show Uraume and Hakari would probably mess with the flow of it

Gege definitely kept it off screen because he felt he couldn't make an engaging fight out of immortal punch kick merchant vs ice crowd controller. Understandable but also a whole L

Definitely a whole L if you consider he could've expanded Hakari's arsenal. Let that man fire CE beams with his infinite CE. Reinterpret his technique beyond his domain

Let him summon trains
Him using his Domain elements outside would be cool but that's about it
Having infinite CE doesn't allow you to shoot beams, its having a tremendous amount of output as well.
It's why the only people who could do it are Ryu and Yuta

And a lot of domain stuff is set in stone
His domain is to gamble and it has a theme, he can manifest some of that theme outside (The doors) but thats rlly it
His gimmick is hitting hard and immortality
A perfect staller for the Frozen Star

Him using his Domain elements outside would be cool but that's about it
Having infinite CE doesn't allow you to shoot beams, its having a tremendous amount of output as well.
It's why the only people who could do it are Ryu and Yuta
It can if you want to.
We literally see finger bearer spam CE beams.
Also he gets higher output thanks to jackpot tho.
By the way. we still haven't seen jackpot 777. Wonder if that has a special effect never seen or something... Hopefully.

Apparently. The specific kanji used to saying Hakari had Infinite CE reserves, is also used for "Unlimited Hollow Purple" too. (I believe you can see it in chapter 233 raw when gojo talks about unlimited hollow purple)
That purple is also where we see gojo use the full incantation set for his three techniques (Blue, Red and Purple).
🚶

Apparently. The specific kanji used to saying Hakari had Infinite CE reserves, is also used for "Unlimited Hollow Purple" too. (I believe you can see it in chapter 233 raw when gojo talks about unlimited hollow purple)
That purple is also where we see gojo use the full incantation set for his three techniques (Blue, Red and Purple).
🚶

So what you’re saying is High 3-A Sukuna

Why is vengeful spirit Naoya rated as 8-A? I understand he was able to push Maki against a wall, but is there any statement or scan showing that she got hurt? It should be listed as lifting strength, not attack potency, as far as I understand. He have better lifting strength than Maki or something like that? As far as the manga shows, only his max Mach 3 speed was able to damage her.

Why is vengeful spirit Naoya rated as 8-A? I understand he was able to push Maki against a wall, but is there any statement or scan showing that she got hurt? It should be listed as lifting strength, not attack potency, as far as I understand. He have better lifting strength than Maki or something like that? As far as the manga shows, only his max Mach 3 speed was able to damage her.
Its not ls just to overpower someone like he does. Also, why would he narratively have greater ls than the narratively stronger character?

Its not ls just to overpower someone like he does. Also, why would he narratively have greater ls than the narratively stronger character?
I don't understand what you are trying to say. But pretty sure having higher LS than other characters doesn't mean they scale above that characters durability.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. But pretty sure having higher LS than other characters doesn't mean they scale above that characters durability.
It isn’t LS what he did. And like I asked, why would Naoya have greater LS than the character meant to be narratively strong?

Edit: Why are you talking about being above durability? They just scale to each other.

Just checked the page it's stated to be evaluated seperately.
While Striking Strength measures the energy of a character's physical attacks, Lifting Strength measures the amount of mass they can lift, which is determined by the amount of force a character can produce. This means that they measure two different physical quantities. Furthermore it can't be assumed that a character that can physically produce the amount of energy used in lifting an object by a certain height can also lift it, if it didn't demonstrate the ability to produce that level of Lifting Strength. It is a common feature within fiction to feature characters capable of vastly greater physical striking strength energy outputs than what would be required to lift weights that they are repeatedly shown to struggle with.
Hence Lifting Strength and Striking Strength are in general not comparable and should be evaluated separately.

Just checked the page it's stated to be evaluated seperately.
I’m saying Naoya isn’t doing a LS feat. He’s physically attacking her, in the second example he literally hit her and sent her flying into a wall.

It isn’t LS what he did. And like I asked, why would Naoya have greater LS than the character meant to be narratively strong?
Why wouldn't it's possible? Just because a character scales above other in AP doesn't mean they should have better LS?
Edit: Why are you talking about being above durability? They just scale to each other.
Because one should damage opponent to some extent to scale to them? Or need a statement for being able to damage opponents that's how normally people scale characters.

I’m saying Naoya isn’t doing a LS feat. He’s physically attacking her, in the second example he literally hit her and sent her flying into a wall.
Sent her flying with zero scratches or statement for she getting some damage from that?
Above LS page clearly mentioned. So there is no need to assume Naoya scaling Maki via LS is same as he scales to her SS or durability
It is a common feature within fiction to feature characters capable of vastly greater physical striking strength energy outputs than what would be required to lift weights that they are repeatedly shown to struggle with.

Why wouldn't it's possible? Just because a character scales above other in AP doesn't mean they should have better LS?
Because Heavenly Restriction makes the person physically strong explain why this would only apply to strikes and not all the muscles of the body? It is clear as day HR enhances the entire body.

Because one should damage opponent to some extent to scale to them? Or need a statement for being able to damage opponents that's how normally people scale characters.
Sent her flying with zero scratches or statement for she getting some damage from that?
Above LS page clearly mentioned. So there is no need to assume Naoya scaling Maki via LS is same as he scales to her SS or durability
I don't think we need to see scratches or bruising every time to know someone is getting damaged. But if you think he should be downgraded go ahead and make a crt.

Because Heavenly Restriction makes the person physically strong explain why this would only apply to strikes and not all the muscles of the body? It is clear as day HR enhances the entire body.
Yeah she is stronger than Naoya I'm not denying that. It's either Both Maki and Naoya has same LS or Naoya is higher. Maki has higher SS and AP that's all.
I don't think we need to see scratches or bruising every time to know someone is getting damaged. But if you think he should be downgraded go ahead and make a crt.
Maybe sometimes later I'll do it. I was just confirming if he had any scans showing damaging Maki.

Back