• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

the problem here is that even if we use rate the characters supersonic there are feats who easily surpass that (Nanami dodging Mahito for example)

I'm pretty sure that the attack that Mahito used against Nanami is the same that he used against Yuji (inside the school), and Yuji dodged it

hmmm, that this feat of Nanami is easily more than transonic?
Has it been calculated? Also we have literal statements and showings from Yuji that a transonic attack is hard to dodge.

Like I said previously wouldn't dodging someone point blank mean you're faster than them? The fact Yuji dodged it doesn't hold as he had notably more distance than Nanami to dodge it.

Anime/Manga like to pull off the "Super close narrow dodge" trope a lot. But then in the next scene, the characters are comparable in speed again. To me it would appear that the other attack must be slower than their normal attacks or just artistic license.

Personally, and I repeat personally not necessarily fact/objective or proven truth, I do actually think there is merit in looking at Yuuji barely dodging a speed-of-sound attack. It appears more credible to take the attack speed listed in the series and a character statement and then later feat, than to fiddle around with pixel scaling to arrive at inflated values.

Having firearms be valid for use against shamans and curses also makes this more credible. Even the original explanation of curse threat levels included firearms. If Yuuji who is superior in speed to Maki, states that he can barely dodge an attack that is speed-of-sound, and Maki herself is considered pretty exceptional when it comes to physical stats, then I think it is fair to say that most characters in the verse are supersonic or lower.

This is just my opinion and how I interpret the evidence.
This is really simple but the piercing blood can reach the speed of sound not that it's max speed is sos. So to make Maki's bullet catching and perception feat and Yujis's agility statement about him being faster than her from Hanami be consistent and upscale others we should say that choso's piercing blood is faster than the base of sos. There's also just the fact that multiple characters via scaling are faster or can outright blitz Maki and Yuji goodwill versions.

Personally, and I repeat personally not necessarily fact/objective or proven truth, I do actually think there is merit in looking at Yuuji barely dodging a speed-of-sound attack. It appears more credible to take the attack speed listed in the series and a character statement and then later feat, than to fiddle around with pixel scaling to arrive at inflated values.

Having firearms be valid for use against shamans and curses also makes this more credible. Even the original explanation of curse threat levels included firearms. If Yuuji who is superior in speed to Maki, states that he can barely dodge an attack that is speed-of-sound, and Maki herself is considered pretty exceptional when it comes to physical stats, then I think it is fair to say that most characters in the verse are supersonic or lower.

This is just my opinion and how I interpret the evidence.
I personally don’t agree with that Primarily via scaling.

Lots of characters are superior to and can debatably blitz Maki(Pretty sure Jogo could blitz her before she could react)
It’s not like Maki is some unrivaled god tier in the verse physically however she isn’t a joke.
So I don’t think most shamans are gonna become subsonic+ because of this.

Btw @Ped2018 I found the Kento dodge calc

Last edited:
This is really simple but the piercing blood can reach the speed of sound not that it's max speed is sos. So to make Maki's bullet catching and perception feat and Yujis's agility statement about him being faster than her from Hanami be consistent and upscale others we should say that choso's piercing blood is faster than the base of sos. There's also just the fact that multiple characters via scaling are faster or can outright blitz Maki and Yuji goodwill versions.
I disagree with this. I do not think that it makes sense to assume an attack stated to be capable of reaching the speed of sound, is faster than sound, at least not by any appreciable margin. If someone where to say that Bears can reach up to 35 mph, I am not going assume they are using that as a minimum or even average. The phrasing suggests that it is at or near the upper limit.

However.

I do agree that there are characters that scale higher than Maki and Yuuji so the entire verse isn't going to be limited by to Choso's blood attack. Characters like Gojo, Jogo, Sukuna and other top characters being higher than the blood feat makes a ton of sense.

I personally don’t agree with that Primarily via scaling.

Lots of characters are superior to and can debatably blitz Maki(Pretty sure Jogo could blitz her before she could react)
It’s not like Maki is some unrivaled god tier in the verse physically however she isn’t a joke.
So I don’t think most shamans are gonna become subsonic+ because of this.

Btw @Ped2018 I found the Kento dodge calc
To be fair the Maki who was defeated by Jogo was both injured and fatigued, but also caught by surprised which is different than being blitzed while on guard.

But I DO AGREE that Maki is not a god tier in physical speed. Just that her speed is considered quite high physically compared to a lot of other Sorcerers.

Sorry to post a third time, but I just want to make it clear that this is my personal opinion, and in a vote, I would vote for Supersonic, Supersonic+, or maybe even Hypersonic Yuuji, and would vote against any higher speed.

But I am not claiming that my interpretation is the only one, or that anyone who scales them higher is wrong or "wanking"

I don't want to end up in a prolonged argument about the speed, if enough people believe that using Speed of Sound is too slow, we can just agree to disagree and move on.

If he had MHS + in combat speed rather than reaction, would he have to wait for the attack to reach his face?
That's really more so a dramatic showing of the feat, same with the maki catching a bullet. And also it is yuji's first time fighting against it he doesn't know how fast or how it's gonna work. And again this technique is enhanced through curse energy it can be amped or slowed down depending on the curse energy put in to it.

I think at the very least most high tiers during the goodwill arc are Hypersonic to Hypersonic+ since Yuji>Maki.

Now if we use that Kento calc that means most first grade sorcerers and special grade curses are all mhs to mhs+. Which I think is fine

Idk man you'd have to call that Kento feat an outlier then and idk if it is or isn't. The calcs weird altogether though, considering the projectile is Mahito swinging his long arm like a sword and it's speed is subsonic+ yet Kento dodges it then proceeds to fight Mahito would mean Mahito just scales to that calc even though it's saying Mahito swung at subsonic+ but just before can keep up with both of them.

Idk man you'd have to call that Kento feat an outlier then and idk if it is or isn't. The calcs weird altogether though, considering the projectile is Mahito swinging his long arm like a sword and it's speed is subsonic+ yet Kento dodges it then proceeds to fight Mahito would mean Mahito just scales to that calc even though it's saying Mahito swung at subsonic+ but just before can keep up with both of them.
That's why I said we either don't use it or scale it purely for Nanami's reaction since it makes no sense other wise by implying Nanami is faster than Mahito but somehow scales to or somewhat down to him.
That's really more so a dramatic showing of the feat, same with the maki catching a bullet. And also it is yuji's first time fighting against it he doesn't know how fast or how it's gonna work. And again this technique is enhanced through curse energy it can be amped or slowed down depending on the curse energy put in to it.
It doesn't really matter if it's his first time. A projectile coming at you at the speed of a snail won't surprise you unless you don't see it till it's point blank. Assuming Yuji was MHS+ he would've dodged the attack without getting scratched and wouldn't have had such a hard time.

I think at the very least most high tiers during the goodwill arc are Hypersonic to Hypersonic+ since Yuji>Maki.

Now if we use that Kento calc that means most first grade sorcerers and special grade curses are all mhs to mhs+. Which I think is fine

Do you understand that then it turns out that Yuji also has MHS +?

Back