• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulo.junior.969 said:
The anime isn't canon.
Look

The anime doesn't have filler and it's panel-by-panel depiction of the manga meaning it can be used

Also,the hand started to spill blood after the timestop when it didn't not in the timestop meaning it accumulated damage even if just a little

Not really, in the actual scene, Kira's hand breaks right before time resumes and everything else happens in the next page, it didn't accumulate anything, Jotaro lunches Kira's hand and it's broken before time resumes.

And therefore, the wasn't damage accumulation. When Jotaro punches something, it will move a little bit in the stopped time before stopping once again, therefore, it doesn't accumulate; if he punches you a million times, it will be a million 8-C punches, not a Tier 6 punch, or whatever.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
And therefore, the wasn't damage accumulation. When Jotaro punches something, it will move a little bit in the stopped time before stopping once again, therefore, it doesn't accumulate; if he punches you a million times, it will be a million 8-C punches, not a Tier 6 punch, or whatever.
But did Kira move while being punched?

HoRaOra9087 said:
Yes; the manga doesn't show if the rest of his body moves or not, that's how his hand got broke, so it's safe to assume his full body was no different.

On the topic of using the anime, many other verses use the anime as tertiary sources when they have these exact situations. You know, when an event in the manga or novel is visually unclear. It's not wrong to use it when the case matches it. This all or nothing idea is cancerous.

But go on.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
HoRaOra9087 said:
Yes; the manga doesn't show if the rest of his body moves or not, that's how his hand got broke, so it's safe to assume his full body was no different.
Haha YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!

The "he flew after being punched after being punched in timestop meaning the energy accumulated in him or else he wouldn't flew away like he did" card

When Jotaro punches something, it will move a little bit in the stopped time before stopping once again mid-air, just like his hand moved a little, and then was sent flying after time resumes.

In. He started moving during time stop, stoped, and then continued moving when time resumes. That's why his hand breaks before time resumes.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
He started moving during time stop, stoped, and then continued moving when time resumes. That's why his hand breaks before time resumes.
Meaning he ACCUMULATED energy to be thrown

Also he never moved while being punched,that's just a headcanon

Dude, it literally shows his hand being moved in the panel right before Jotaro says "time resumes", there's no headcanon, its what happens in the panel.

When Jotaro punches something, it will move a little bit in the stopped time before stopping once again, therefore, it doesn't accumulate; if he punches you a million times, it will be a million 8-C punches, not a Tier 6 punch, or whatever.

All or nothing is NOT the best way to go with things, Paul.

A Manga named Cherry Hunter occasionally comes out with full colored chapters. The anime sometimes has different colors than the manga artist himself painted in his original work. So, with "all or nothing" we throw away the anime, even if it literally follows everything to a T, instead of going case by case based on what seems reliable, regardless if the anime was overseen meticulously by the original writer or not.

Ridiculous. I agree with you on the damage accumulation thing, but if the substance of using anime as a SUPPORTING piece of evidence (not as a main argument but as an additional tool to flesh out the portrayal of a scene in so far as it matches properly and we need elaboration that the Manga can't provide), I think you're wild. But go on.

We go case-by-case. If the anime depiction is similar and doesn't contradict the manga we can use it.

In this case the anime apparently ignored the hand breaking before time resumed so I wouldn't use this scene. JoJo's anime is often adequately depict the manga, but we can't use everything since there's some differences between sources.

So while we could use some anime scenes to justify or explain some manga scenes that aren't explicative enough, if the depiction ignores what the manga shows, then it's a no no.

Anime shows damage accumulation.

Manga doesn't.

Well, the manga is the Primary source while the anime is supportive.

Cool. Should I make a thread to ask the official opinions of the staff so everyone can stop using that opinion in these arguments? Because it won't help you to keep acting like it's viable here if it isn't.

Implying what the staff says will change my opinion in any way.

Implying I care for what this wiki thinks is or isn't viable.

Seriously tho, it might be better to go ask it, althrough it probably doesn't have a standard, this wiki is case by case in almost everything.

What I meant to imply was that your opinion won't be very useful to you if it's not regarded here, and it might change depending on how well people argue against you. And the staff probably would argue for or against whoever they disagree with, as all people would. And you not changing based on being wrong would kind of seem rather disingenuous on a site where conversations are held. But yeah. Imma make the thread.

Seriously tho, that's one thing I never got about this wiki, if I just follow everything the pages say without asking any question, people complain I'm taking things too literally and that I'm using arguments I don't even agree with, but if I actually try to give my opinion, people complain I'm not following the wiki; what the hell am I supposed to do then?

Calaca Vs said:
We go case-by-case. If the anime depiction is similar and doesn't contradict the manga we can use it.
In this case the anime apparently ignored the hand breaking before time resumed so I wouldn't use this scene. JoJo's anime is often adequately depict the manga, but we can't use everything since there's some differences between sources.

So while we could use some anime scenes to justify or explain some manga scenes that aren't explicative enough, if the depiction ignores what the manga shows, then it's a no no.

Anime shows damage accumulation.

Manga doesn't.

Well, the manga is the Primary source while the anime is supportive.
The manga SHOWS Damage Accumulation

Kira is send Flying away from the woman in the manga

The anime is just copying the panels

It Is Valid

The manga shows his hand being damaged before time resumes, it is clearly not accumulation, if it was, his hand would be affected until time resumed.

@Hora Paulo showed the opposite tho.

This kind of cases need to be more consistent. Za Warudo isn't. Sometimes it shows things resuming after time resumes, sometimes it doesn't. But the cases where it doesn't are far more usual than when IT does, and when IT does it's not entirely the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back