• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread:223802

Concern meme

So i read the thread that denbuked damage accumulation in JoJo and i thought "That fine i guess" Homever i read this bit in the The World page in the JoJo Bizarre Encyclopedia

"All force applied by DIO during the time stop continues to exist after the time stop. This is seen when the objects that DIO throws can momentarily move during the stopped time before grinding to a halt. A flurry of thrown knives could fly for several meters before stopping in time" So that kinda debunks some of the things on the thread

Let's go through them

"First, Dio punches through Kakyoin while time is stopped. If the above assumption was correct, Dio would have only punched through him once time resumed and the force is applied. (Hierophant's web, too, was broken during time stop, as opposed to shattering once it resumed.) "

But he punched through him one time and the force was applied afterwards and also,since the knives moved a little before stopping,why couldn't the fragments of the Hierophant Web?

"Dio hits a cat while time is stopped and the pieces of it fly onto a table before time resumes. See above. " Again,they can move a little bit before stopping

"Dio punches Polnareff, and his body is visibly distorted and forced back before time resumes. Polnareff isn't affected by the full force of the knockback until time resumes, yes, but a portion of the force is evidently still applied while time is stopped. " But just like the knives and the cat,he can move a little before stopping in time

"The steamroller is damaged by each blow Jotaro and Dio throw at it, and Dio overpowers Jotaro, forcing it to the ground." Again,the knives,the cat and Polnareff

"Jotaro punches Sheer Heart Attack for close to the full duration of his time stop and it visibly takes extensive damage before time is resumed." The thing was being punched repeatedly during stopped time meaning it could move a little

And before you say "This creates inflated statitics to Jotaro,DIO and Alternate Diego",take a minute to think that only two use this way

And about Yoshikage Kira taking the whole thing,take a moment to think that his body spilled blood in every side afterwards meaning everything was broken in him

This means that Damage Accumulation is valid in JoJo and the level this gives to them two is legit

(Waiting for input of the staff)

You're going to have to elaborate on that a bit.

Do you mean that they have damage accumulation with ranged weapons by being able to throw multiple ranged weapons before time resumes?

Damage3245 said:
You're going to have to elaborate on that a bit.
Do you mean that they have damage accumulation with ranged weapons by being able to throw multiple ranged weapons before time resumes?
No

What i'm saying is that the examples picked to debunk damage accumulation are debunked by the fact that things they thrown or punch around can move a little bit in the timestop before stopping

I believe you are partly correct

Force applied in stopped time by Jotaro or DIO only lasts for a second or two. However even partly/temporarily applying force unfortunately means it's not all released at once when time resumes. The result is they end up hardly accumulating damage if any.

Though, this is contradicted entirely when Jotaro stops time on Kira and gives him a full on damage accumulation beatdown in stopped time.

Regardless for some reason the staff here are very uptight when it comes to damage accumulation of any kind, be it through extreme speeds or stopped time.

I feel that Kira taking full damage accumulation and his body and Stand not moving during the beating is something of a soft retcon of time stop damage mechanics, making,time stop damage accumulation an actual thing in JoJo

It's completely inconsistent. Objects set in motion during stopped time travel a short distance before stopping again, generally, but it's still inconsistent.

Even if it wasn't this would mean splatting damage accumulation onto basically every time stopper, leading to calc stacking and massively inflated statistics, when basically none of these characters use their powers in such a way.

Promestein said:
It's completely inconsistent. Objects set in motion during stopped time travel a short distance before stopping again, generally, but it's still inconsistent.
Even if it wasn't this would mean splatting damage accumulation onto basically every time stopper, leading to calc stacking and massively inflated statistics, when basically none of these characters use their powers in such a way.
But we have like three time-stoppers in JoJo and only two use like this

Dargoo Faust said:
I want to say yes to this, but at the same time I'm not stomaching people claiming Jotaro can one-shot Tier 4s by stopping time and hitting trillions of times with Star Platinum with MFTL+ speed.
but every match is speed equal anyway ovo

Dargoo Faust said:
I want to say yes to this, but at the same time I'm not stomaching people claiming Jotaro can one-shot Tier 4s by stopping time and hitting trillions of times with Star Platinum with MFTL+ speed.
What's the problem with that?

JJBA has two 3-A stands so i don't see the problem

HoRaOra9087 said:

Please point to one feat Jotaro or Dio do that is near that and I'll upgrade the pages myself.

Dargoo Faust said:
HoRaOra9087 said:

Please point to one feat Jotaro or Dio do that is near that and I'll upgrade the pages myself.
I didn't mean that they have to be 3-A.I just pointing out that there are stands with attack potency bigger than Country-Level and so it means that Country level isn't impossible for stands

Are there 6-B Stands? The bigger fishes I know about are WR with 6-C and the dudes who reach Tier 3 only. It's not usual to see Stands as powerful as them, being clearly outliers (not in the way you might be thinking) among the rest of them.

Saying that they should be stronger because there's other Stands in Tier 6 and 3 is a Fallacy. Neither Star Platinum nor The World are stated to be the strongests Stands in history, and their showings of damage accumulations are likely inconsistent, as pointed above.

HoRaOra9087 said:
I didn't mean that they have to be 3-A.I just pointing out that there are stands with attack potency bigger than Country-Level and so it means that Country level isn't impossible for stands
Simply because the most powerful stands in the series can do a feat doesn't mean that absurdly weaker stands with no feats near that can.

The only stands that have 6-B feats are Weather Report, which is non-compat applicable, and the noncanon JORGE JOESTAR stands.

Calaca Vs said:
Are there 6-B Stands? The bigger fishes I know about are WR with 6-C and the dudes who reach Tier 3 only. It's not usual to see Stands as powerful as them, being clearly outliers (not in the way you might be thinking) among the rest of them.
Saying that they should be stronger because there's other Stands in Tier 6 and 3 is a Fallacy. Neither Star Platinum nor The World are stated to be the strongests Stands in history, and their showings of damage accumulations are likely inconsistent, as pointed above.
I didn't understand the first part but i understood the second

I think you misunderstood me

When i say that Tier 6 is possible because there are stronger stands,it means that every stand has the potential to reach up to that level

It's not inconsistent because they never shown damage accumulation at the levels we're accustomed to see in fiction

Not really. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Weather Report is 6-C because storm feat, right? While GER is broken and Tusk Act 4 has something to do with infinite rotation (anime-only dude here).

Stands reaching said levels is possible, but not via confusing feats that don't fit the criteria for being inconsistent and never adressed as such in their verse.

The only instance where something similar happened was when Jotaro defeated Kira, and for some reason he was able to threat the Duwang Gang with Bites the Dust again. I don't know if the manga portrayed differently, but in the anime Kira is frozen and the effect comes after Za Warudo is off.

Calaca Vs said:
Not really. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Weather Report is 6-C because storm feat, right? While GER is broken and Tusk Act 4 has something to do with infinite rotation (anime-only dude here).
Stands reaching said levels is possible, but not via confusing feats that don't fit the criteria for being inconsistent and never adressed as such in their verse.

The only instance where something similar happened was when Jotaro defeated Kira, and for some reason he was able to threat the Duwang Gang with Bites the Dust again. I don't know if the manga portrayed differently, but in the anime Kira is frozen and the effect comes after Za Warudo is off.
More because he can destroy the ozone layer

It's not adressed in universe because it doesn't need to

His finger were broken and he was all bloody,broken and thrown on the ground

Well, that. I don't know Weather Report yet.

It does need to if they have no feats nor any indication that they are able to reach such levels. If the only method to upgrade the Stands with Time Stop is to use some event that sometimes happen and sometimes don't, then it's a pretty bad way to justify an upgrade, being easily debunkeable.

Calaca Vs said:
Well, that. I don't know Weather Report yet.
It does need to if they have no feats nor any indication that they are able to reach such levels. If the only method to upgrade the Stands with Time Stop is to use some event that sometimes happen and sometimes don't, then it's a pretty bad way to justify an upgrade, being easily debunkeable.
Ok

You want me to reorganize showing how this Time Stop works so the feat might be better?

Can someone message Antvasima on his message wall about this thread please?

I need input from the staff and i not being able to message him in his message wall

Well personally, I'm not completely against this so long as you can prove damage accumulation. And the max would be country level at a full assault assuming they never stop attacking. The thing is, some energy is released before time resumes. Jotaro lunches Kira's hand and it's broken before toki wa ugokidasu.

The real cal howard said:
The thing is, some energy is released before time resumes. Jotaro lunches Kira's hand and it's broken before toki wa ugokidasu.
That was just the anime

In the manga he breaks everything together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back